• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other M as a metroid game wasn't that amazing but it was good honestly.

Prime is obviously better but nothing can beat Super Metroid.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ok then try it the first time :-P

Ooooh, can i help you do it? I've been rooting for Cecil ever since I heard about SSB4. If you want to discuss it just PM me. For starters, i know exactly what his final smash would be.

Omega: The Phazon is intense. My brother tells me(he's watching the other comp.((Watching NCIS)) and occasionally tells me things when i'm posting) that Metroid Other M was pretty fun, although it wasn't all that hard, and they make her suit fall off much more. Apparently although it didn't have the best storyline but the action sequences were fun. It got a bit repetetive at times, but the funnest part is probably finding all the hidden things(i watched him play it: That bottle ship is huge)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Not as gay as Justin Bieber is!!

Okay so was Super Metriod a 2D shooter platformer? Is it similar to Megaman style of gaming from the SNES??

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Now I got my 2nd you derp.:cool:

What is it with Cecil? NO!!

Make a Cloud moveset instead!!

Inb4beserkersayshesgaylol..

Hey! Cecil is awesome. Don't diss the dark knight/paladin man! He's amazing! Also berserker would you consider Rydia's moveset? I can probably make you one if you want. She has a lot of moveset potential.

Berserker, i'm a huge supporter of it too, so i'd love to help :)

OmegaXXII

FUUU, I wasn't talking about the characters themselves derp.

I was reffering to it's graphical apperance.:/

@Luco: It is? Hmm.. What do you suggest I'd get?

They look SO different derp :/

Stop being your usual derpy derp self. Cecil is not from FE.

@Luco: Rydia is my favorite character FF IV character but I do not support the idea of adding her. I'd prefer Cecil and Terra.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Super Metroid (and other Metroid games) is like a combination of Mario and LoZ. It has the side-scrolling platformer aspect of Mario, but with the gigantic overworld of LoZ. There aren't necessarily any puzzles, but the whole world is kind of like one big puzzle to solve, because you have to find upgrades to access different areas.

I guess that's a good way to explain it...?

Just... don't miss the charge shot upgrade. I somehow managed to miss it on my first playthrough, and when I got to Mother Brain, I could NOT beat her and you CANNOT go back... *shivers*

Double post derp.
Super Metroid (and other Metroid games) is like a combination of Mario and LoZ. It has the side-scrolling platformer aspect of Mario, but with the gigantic overworld of LoZ. There aren't necessarily any puzzles, but the whole world is kind of like one big puzzle to solve, because you have to find upgrades to access different areas.

And that's what I loved about Super Metroid.

@Omega: Final Fantasy II (US)/ IV (JP)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
No he's an FF character. Hang on...

Thats Cecil at the top right. Thats when he's a dark knight. Here he is after:

Thats him after he becomes a paladin(on the left), he's versing his dark self so he can rid himself of the terrible crimes of his past.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
FUUU, I wasn't talking about the characters themselves derp.

I was reffering to it's graphical apperance.:/

@Luco: It is? Hmm.. What do you suggest I'd get?

Errr, i don't understand what you mean there? If you mean Metroid Other M, then you might enjoy it, so you may as well try it out if you find it and you have some spare cash. Since it was mainly my brother playing it, i don't really know. It looked pretty fun though, going through forest and ice and lava areas.

Oh no even i double posted! *facepalm*

OmegaXXII

Just... don't miss the charge shot upgrade. I somehow managed to miss it on my first playthrough, and when I got to Mother Brain, I could NOT beat her and you CANNOT go back... *shivers*
Wow!! Seems interesting indeed, I shall get it if it's in the VC. ^_^

@Berserker & Luco: Final Fantasy II you say? Luckily I have that game already, too bad I haven't played it yet.

I'm still stuck in FFI <_<

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh, and Super Metroid will turn you OCD as you search down each and every room entirely looking for hidden tunnels.

Exploration is a big aspect of it.

@Berserker: I hate to say it but... I really can't stand the original Metroid for the NES.

OmegaXXII

I love exploration titles, seeing as that's one of the main aspects of RPG's.

Also, Oasis doesn't like the original Metroid??!! O_o

Honestly I'm shocked to learn that the biggest Ridley fanboy didn't enjoy it soo much, interesting to learn indeed.

Cecil harvey moveset posted here (Not done)

CECIL HARVEY

Our famous Final Fantasy hero Cecil Harvey joins the fray. He's the main protagonist of the critically acclaimed Final Fantasy II in the US and Final Fantasy IV in Japan.​

Stats:
Cecil's paladin form can be accessed through Final Smash vice versa. In the character select, you can select which form you want to choose. Each form has a unique playstyle.

Dark Knight:

The Dark Knight is a slow yet powerful form. It relies on brute strength to defeat the enemy. Unfortunately, this form has poor maneuverability and speed. All his attacks are too slow, the enemy can dodge him. The dark knight actually has projectiles that deal a good amount of damage. It also brings the opponent to him. His attacks also have great priority and range. The weight of this form is quite heavy too. Dark Knight is a punish type.

STR: 9/10
WEIGHT: 8/10
SPEED: 3/10
ATK SPD: 3/10
SHIELD: 8/10
SIZE: 7/10
JUMP: 4/10
RANGE: 9/10

Paladin:

The paladin form is a straight forward rush down character. He has quick attacks and fast dash speed along with great aerial mobility. His attacks though have low priority and short range. His attacks are also weak and it lacks killing potential. Other than that, his weight isn't as good as the Dark Knight form. He's actually a light weight character during Paladin form. The paladin is mainly a rush down character.

STR: 3/10
WEIGHT: 4/10
SPEED: 9/10
ATK SPD: 8/10
SHIELD: 8/10
SIZE: 7/10
JUMP: 8/10
RANGE: 3/10

DARK KNIGHT'S MOVESET​

Specials

Neutral special : Dark Cannon

Fire orbs of dark energy forward that swirl back towards Cecil, dragging opponents closer. It damages 15%.

Forward Special : Shadow Lance

Throw sword to knock opponent away. Damage is determined on how long the sword makes contact. Crushes guards at close range. It deals 3% per hit.

Downward Special : Gravity ball

Fire a slow-moving ball of energy that travels downward in an arc to slam opponent to the ground. It deals 13% damage.

OmegaXXII

@beserker: LOL, I don't need to get FFII, I own it on the same disc with FFI for PSX, it even includes exclusive never before seen CGI intro's, I'm definetly happy to learn that it was taken as a good game, I shall definetly download FFIII though.

Oh, and Super Metroid will turn you OCD as you search down each and every room entirely looking for hidden tunnels.

Exploration is a big aspect of it.

@Berserker: I hate to say it but... I really can't stand the original Metroid for the NES.
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

@Omega: There's FF anthologies: FF VI and V for the PSX.

Get FF IV (II in the US) for the VC or DS

Omega..... I call you a derp which you are.

I tried it already but I prefer the DS version honestly. I feel the vibe and aura until now plus the cool voice acting and animated cut scenes.

More metroid talk asides from FF talk?

OmegaXXII

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

@Omega: There's FF anthologies: FF VI and V for the PSX.

Get FF IV (II in the US) for the VC or DS
There is?? For PSX?? Holy *****!!

If you reccommend it, I shall definetly get it, anyway have you ever played FF Tactics before? I hear it plays similar to FE I think.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Tactics!!!! Yay!!!!! Go the Nu Mou's ultimate move, Ultima!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be an amazing final smash, now that i think anout it....

OmegaXXII

Okay, Metroid talk:

What assist Trophies would be good for Smash 4?

What about music? I really enjoyed sector 1 theme in Brawl as well as Meta/Ridley theme, they are probably one of my favorite Brawl themes around. :)

Ummm.... guys. Lets stop the FF talk. We're getting off topic.

Ridley boss theme Other M remix for smash 4!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh, I just don't think Metroid (NES) has aged very well, lol. Especially when there is Super Metroid, which is better than it in every way.

Also I still want Crocomire to be an Assist Trophy. But only if he's flashy and interactable.

That's true. Super Metroid was a better and more superior version than Metroid NES.

Asides from Ridley, Rundas was not hard but he's damn annoying (I played all the prime games on veteran).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom