• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
If you are able to make a Mii Cat or Mii Animal on the Wii U, I think Sakurai's love of cats will make Miis playable just for that reason alone! :laugh:

Edit: Pretty dang sure that's why Pichu was in Melee. Say what?
Trust me Johnnight, if we have such a feature where you can literally put any of your existing Mii's it would be one of the best things that will happen, why? Because we will able able to customize Mii appearances to our liking, basically anyone would be able to appear in Smash, even celeberties for that matter lol.. Just think if you saw a Sakurai Mii fighting against Kirby, how awesome would that be, even cut characters can be made to resemble them via a Mii customization option, how awesome would that be. :laugh:

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Trust me Johnnight, if we have such a feature where you can literally put any of your existing Mii's it would be one of the best things that will happen, why? Because we will able able to customize Mii appearances to our liking, basically anyone would be able to appear in Smash, even celeberties for that matter lol.. Just think if you saw a Sakurai Mii fighting against Kirby, how awesome would that be, even cut characters can be made to resemble them via a Mii customization option, how awesome would that be. :laugh:

I already made too many crazy people, a psycho version of my grandfather that looks more like a demon (it made him laugh... :(), an egg head person (literally), Mike Tyson (sadly without his pigeons that make him cry), Wowkkky Balboa, a zombie, and I downloaded crazy stuff like celebrities, gaming characters, movie characters, super heroes (too many Spider-mans!), and a Metroid face person-literally!

Also, does anyone know how to make a raccoon Mii? If you do, tell me, because I honestly REALLY want to make a Lindsey Lohan Mii! :grin: :laugh: :chuckle:

As a competitive player, playing with items is actually fun at times.

/sonicfinalsmashlol
I've never done as much crap with items until I went to a tourney. Literally I was playing all explosives with the best NorCal players! (one of whom ranked top 10 at Genesis) :laugh: There's a ton of fun mini-games, especially in the midwest and my good ole' Canadian smasher neighbors to the north. (what a nice hat! :grin:)

Anything that makes more epic party game modes players make equals awesomeness! :grin: Competitve smashers take their mini-games as serious business!

OmegaXXII

Lindsey Lohan FTW, heck I already created a bunch of DBZ Mii's as well, Goku vs. sonic is one match I'm definetly going to enjoy, Vegeta vs. Fox would be another for the lulz, I also have an Obama Mii so that will be interesting to say the least, as for raccoon textures..hmmm.. I'd like to know that myself, you want to create Tom Nook lol..?

I honestly can't wait for any cool stages as well, more specifically and FE based or Pokemon stages, I wouldn't mind getting a unique type of Pokemon stag esuch as the Burned Tower or Lake of Rage for example, they both have beautiful scenery as well as any possible hazards would make it even more fun, just don't give us the same ol' boring Pokemon Stadium again and I'll be fine. :)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hmmm... The Pokemon Stadium stage as a concept shouldn't go anywhere. It represents a major aspect of the series.

I would like for them to just go crazy with the idea of it though. Yeah, have all 17 types represented in one stage. HERE'S THE KICKER THOUGH. Each half of the stage would change. They would both change at the same time, but one half might be, say, Steel, and the other half would be Fire. Each type's half would be represented with a single Pokemon in the background at a time. During YOUR fight, the two background Pokemon would fight as well.

IT WOULD BE VERY DYNAMIC AND FLASHY. It would also show off a lot of Pokemon. Each generation would be represented very well. Each type would have a select few designated Pokemon to represent it. There would be a random chance of seeing either a weaker Pokemon, fully-evolved Pokemon, or even a legendary.

AAAA, I love this idea...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Obama and multiple U.S. Navy Seals with smash balls vs. Osama ftw! Hopefully Osama doesn't have horocruxes like Voldemort, because it might take 800 to 5,000 pages to solve it.

And Lindsey Lohan can be my new sandbag!

As for stages, I like the way SSB64 had generic-esk stages that were straight up fun, but I like Melee's locations and how great they all look, and I like Brawl's personal individual touch to them. I hope future smash games use the best of each of these games. I want fun areas, but areas I know that feel like the series or the location did in those game, and still retains that unique feel.

I hope we get some fun specific Pokémon Black and White locations. Anything from Black City and White Forrest, (POKEMON WHITE AND BLACK SPOILERS!)
the Team Rocket attacked Elite Four
, to that giant city, to the Desert Resort, to various legendary Pokémon's location, there's a lot of places that could be used.

Also, who else wants the songs in SSB4 to be longer? I mean, Snake Eater should have had the instrumental, then the vocals and the instrumental, and songs like Live and Learn should have been played entirely. I'm not saying the songs have to be 15 minutes, but at least make most of them like more than 4 or 5 minutes.

Hmmmmmm..... I wonder what Ridley's home stage should be if necessary.

You guys suck. What happened to Harry Potter? WHY JOHN AND OMEGA!? WHY!?!?!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

You guys suck. What happened to Harry Potter?
It should be Norfair, so they better bring back past stages, lol. Then they could have Brinstar Depths back, since Kraid and Ridley were the original boss duo, and top it off with a new Tourian stage since Mother Brain was the final boss.

Samus and Ridley as playable. Kraid and Mother Brain as stage background STUFF. Metroid and maybe Dark Samus as Assist Trophies... Perfect Metroid representation. >8OOO

Yehs.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Dark Samus becoming a playable with Ridley as long as she's not a clone.

lol crimson, anakin skywalker

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not a Dark Samus fan. Actually I'm not really a metroid prime fan.

I miss the old, exploration platform Metroids

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

You guys suck. What happened to Harry Potter?
Ridley doesn't need a home stage, just like how every other villain really doesn't have a home stage. But if he did, it's been made 3 times (Brinstar 64, Brinstar Melee, and Norfair). But he could use that cave area from Metroid Prime, or perhaps any of a number of locations from Prime 3 (Prime 3 could have a ton of neat stages; Prime 1 and 2 could as well).

Like Osama, everyone stopped looking for Voldamort's Horocruxes in caves, and started looking in lakes, banks, schools, and the main character!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Name one thing you do in Metroid Prime that is more rewarding than beating Metroid 2 without any kind of guide?

OmegaXXII

Harry Potter? What's so interesting about a derp like him??

But an Osama Mii would definetly create alot of lulz, I can see it now, also I would create a Justin Bieber Mii just so I can rmtake out all my rage towards him using The Bkack Knight, TOTAL ****!!

As for the Pokemon stages, I wouldn't necessarly get rid of the Pokemon Stadium, I would also like to see a Saffron based stage as well such as Celedon City or Viridian Forest would be awesome, as for Black & White, they better have some bad *** stage, total win!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Actually yeah, I dunno what I was thinking. Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ridley, and Dark Samus are the only characters Metroid needs to have playable. I just doubt Dark Samus would get a slot, so I figured I'd suggest her as an Assist Trophy. Or boss. Crocomire may be a good boss too. Metroid has bosses everywhere, so that's not a worry, lol. I GUESS MOTHER BRAIN COULD BE BOTH A STAGE AND A BOSS. ...OR KRAID. I'm going to have to sit down for a while on this one.

@PsychoIncarnate: You're a good man. (Metroid II? Never played it, but I loved Super Metroid~)

OmegaXXII

Dark Samus?? Why does everybody like her?? I'd rather see Ridley than a potential clone instead, plus Ridley is undeniably more deserving in ever way Dark Samus isn't.

Someone care to prove me wrong otherwise? Go right ahead..

Honestly, I liked Metroid Prime but Super Metroid was really awesome and it was my favorite.

@Johnknight: Hungry for water? Isn't it thirsty? Lol.

@Omega: He's indeed interesting. He can use his wide array of magic and he's gonna have REAL graphix unlike all the cartoon like characters.

Dare: I dare you to beat the water temple with out a guide. Never did it because it sounds impossible

OmegaXXII

That why we have Soren or Macaiah from Fire Emblem!

1000x better than Derppy Potter, and more likelier, Harry isn't even originated from a video game. :/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
And i love throwing beam swords at players. Items are fun. PK Starstorm it up!

Terrangima without a guide. Dear goodness thats insane. You're going around the world the whole time wondering what the heck you're supposed to do.

Walking around, doing the smallest things until finally you get what you've been waiting fort... only to find it snatched from you. A guard is now at the door, and you've got to find that skateboard kid(and you don't even get that information you have to figure it out yourself) to distract the guard while you walk in to the castle... Only to find a million other guards that throw you out the moment you walk in to their flashlight beam!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Dark Samus is the only other viable and important Metroid character next to Ridley. Plus, she'd represent the Prime series, which was pretty significant. She really wouldn't have to be a clone anyway. In fact, it'd be very out of character for her to do most of what Samus does. BUT, is she likely? Not very. Deserving? I suppose so, yeah. As deserving as Ridley? No ****ing way. She would ONLY come AFTER Ridley.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mother 1 without a guide? About half way through the game you wander into an area that is so massive it's pure luck if you can ever get out.

OmegaXXII

Hey, nice stage idea, what Earthbound game is that from?

Giygas would make an awesome god-like boss for SSE, totally invincible FTW!!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Honestly, I liked Metroid Prime but Super Metroid was really awesome and it was my favorite.

@Johnknight: Hungry for water? Isn't it thirsty? Lol.

@Omega: He's indeed interesting. He can use his wide array of magic and he's gonna have REAL graphix unlike all the cartoon like characters.

Dare: I dare you to beat the water temple with out a guide. Never did it because it sounds impossible
Water Temple from OoT? Done it. Water Temple from TP? Done it. Water Temple from Oracle of Ages? Done it. Which one are you talking about?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Oasis
I agree. Ridley, Zamus, and Samus is good enough as playable characters.
Dark Samus, the Prime Hunters, and the supporting characters in Prime 3 could make great ATs as well as bosses alongside Mother Brain, SAX, and Kraid.

Also, it's called mind games, son. Don't get hit, or else you'll get Snake'd!

@ Omega
Who would rather have Dark Samus as Ridley? No one said that... right?

Ridley is in nearly all the games as a recurring characters and Samus' arch rival throughout the series, whereas Dark Samus is in 2 games (3 if you consider the end of Prime 1).

While I love having the return of as many classic stages as possible (ALL OF THEM through DLC!), and I like the Pokémon Stadium, I also think Pokémon needs more unique stages, much like Metroid.

And zombie Voldamort and Osama ftw!

And Giggas would be an epic boss battle! :grin:

OmegaXXII

@Oasis: Dark Samus may have had a prominent role in the Prime series but she just isn't as demanded or deserving as Ridley, not to mention Ridley is way more iconic than Dark Samus would ever be, I'm not really saying Dark Samus is a totally bad characters because I will admit that she look bad ***, but I don't see Sakurai giving her any unique movesets at all, he would most likely treat Dark Samus as a luigified clone like Falco was to Fox and that wouldn't be good at all IMO.

Does Dark Samus actually have different based moves from Samus herself? I'm really curious since you seem to support her.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think there was a video that showed her moves or something. I'm trying to remember.... Is dark samus an alt. costume for Samus? If so, i'd want that to be removed before a dark samus were to happen....

I think Sakurai will take advantage of the Samus in Dark Samus.

@Omega: Who are unlikely. Okay! Time to stop the Harry Potter thing. (Derp)

@Luco: From OoT without guide

@Omega's post about Dark Samus being deserving or whatever: She fights differently but then again, Sakurai might turn lazy and make her a clone.

Up next moveset:

1st party: Bandana Waddle Dee

3rd party: Cecil Harvey

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also Psycho, I got 6 of the sounds stones or whatever in Mother 1. I remember that part. That part was so much farther than the rest. >.<

But it still wasn't as hard as Zelda II. Not even close. That game will make you SLAUGHTER YOUR FAMILY!!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis: Dark Samus may have had a prominent role in the Prime series but she just isn't as demanded or deserving as Ridley, not to mention Ridley is way more iconic than Dark Samus would ever be, I'm not really saying Dark Samus is a totally bad characters because I will admit that she look bad ***, but I don't see Sakurai giving her any unique movesets at all, he would most likely treat Dark Samus as a luigified clone like Falco was to Fox and that wouldn't be good at all IMO.

Does Dark Samus actually have different based moves from Samus herself? I'm really curious since you seem to support her.
Note that I said she wasn't likely or (ANYWHERE NEAR) as deserving as Ridley. She'd simply round out the series nicely as far as playable characters go. The Prime series doesn't necessarily need a character to represent it, but since Dark Samus was the main antagonist throughout, she'd represent it fabulously. For PERFECT series representation, I'd say she'd need to be playable, but really only Samus/Zamus and Ridley are necessary.

And yes, Dark Samus has plenty of different moves from Samus. The few things that she DOES do similarly are different enough anyhow. To be a clone would be very out of character.

Also I'm not a big supporter of her, lol. In fact, as part of the Ridley campaign, I would say she could only ever be a clone, and that Samus/Zamus her self should be nerfed even harder, lolol.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oops, sorry friend, but that was actually Terrangima. Glad you like it though. Btw did you start Chrono Trigger yet? Or still trying to get it?

Berserker: Yeah, done it. Back then me and my brother didn't even have the internet. So my dare to you is like before: All of Chrono Trigger without a guide. My soul really did split in that middle section of the game.

Btw which one is Cecil Harvey? Not the one from FF i'd think, because i never recall him having a last name.

OmegaXXII

I think Sakurai will take advantage of the Samus in Dark Samus.

@Omega: Who are unlikely. Okay! Time to stop the Harry Potter thing. (Derp)

@Luco: From OoT without guide

@Omega's post about Dark Samus being deserving or whatever: She fights differently but then again, Sakurai might turn lazy and make her a clone.
Up next moveset:

1st party: Bandana Waddle Dee

3rd party: Cecil Harvey
Let's see it then!!!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
:O

I've never finished any RPG(or any game, for that matter) WITH a guide.

I feel so awesome now :D

Seriously, try it without the guide. It gets really frustrating, but really fun, and you get an even better sense of achievement out of it.

OmegaXXII

I have, I happen to be an expert when it comes to RPG's Im hardcore enough to take on ANY RPG, so yea I never use guides, they just spoil the fun and surprises >_<

I usually do that at my second run of the game.

Anyone tried out Other M boss Ridley on hard? All of his attacks except the wall grind kills you in a hit. IT'S HARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom