• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

Gichan

Smash Champion
Sounds reeeeeeaaalllyyy elitist to ask PR members only to come up with theme. That's some nate **** right there joe, relax yourself.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
we dont need a theme yo, just take some headshots of each member up against a blank wall, put it next to their name. its simple and proper

Cruxis

Smash Lord
i say everybody should be wearing a wifebeater that way we can compare not only facial features but body as well

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Sounds reeeeeeaaalllyyy elitist to ask PR members only to come up with theme. That's some nate **** right there joe, relax yourself.
how is that elitist? why should someone not on the PR decide how the pr is represented? and why would someone not on it even care what the theme is in the first place? i fail to see the elitism in my post

the picture idea is pretty lulz, im down for dat mugshot

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, never understood the need for a theme in the first place.

And Joe, my thinking is that since the PR represents the whole region, the whole region should have a say. Using your logic, shouldn't number one on the PR be able to dictate whatever they want?

:phone:

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
we dont need a theme yo, just take some headshots of each member up against a blank wall, put it next to their name. its simple and proper
Wholeheartedly agree... it makes it so that everyone can see just how sexy Ontario's top brawlers are =p.

As for the PR theme thing, even if it's a representation of the whole region...it's still the player's accomplishments vs you guys. If people have good ideas for themes, obviously they should be listened to...but I mean shouldn't it sorta be a privilege for the people who earned the spot? It's sorta embarrassing to be showcased as something you don't agree with just because everyone says you should.

If that's the case, and you get more power to decide what the theme is; it would also give people yet another reason to try harder to get their sexy mug posted up there.

Not that a deserter like me has any sorta say :awesome:

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Using your logic, shouldn't number one on the PR be able to dictate whatever they want?

:phone:
no, that is elitist lol maybe im just being dull but i cant connect my post to that logic, i need more sleep

Wholeheartedly agree... it makes it so that everyone can see just how sexy Ontario's top brawlers are =p.

As for the PR theme thing, even if it's a representation of the whole region...it's still the player's accomplishments vs you guys. If people have good ideas for themes, obviously they should be listened to...but I mean shouldn't it sorta be a privilege for the people who earned the spot? It's sorta embarrassing to be showcased as something you don't agree with just because everyone says you should.

If that's the case, and you get more power to decide what the theme is; it would also give people yet another reason to try harder to get their sexy mug posted up there.

Not that a deserter like me has any sorta say :awesome:
this^

If people really care that much about how the PR looks keep it a public vote, sorry if i seemed as though i was excluding non pr peoples opinions, from my perspective i just thought they wouldnt

edit: i wanna see iliad do the crazy fukkker face for the mugshot LOL

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The New PR

A lot of drastic changes have happened on the PR this time around. Some veterans got dropped to to inactivity, which allowed others to be on the PR, but they more than earned their positions. It was also due to having 2 tournaments instead of one to go off of that made a lot of these changes possible.

The PR was created using the last 2 tournaments (SiD 2, CoD (with previous tournaments for reference if need be))

So without further ado, here are the new Southern Ontario Brawl Power Rankings!

Collapsed for suspense ;)

[collapse=1.]Toronto Joe: CoT5 placing.[/collapse]

[collapse=2.]Tin Man: Placing the highest out of anyone at both SiD2 & CoD, but was outplaced by Joe at CoT5.[/collapse]

[collapse=3.]JMo: Consistent placing relative to the others in the scene awards him the 3rd spot.[/collapse]

[collapse=4.]Meekspeedy: Less consistant placing than JMo. While thy tied at CoD, he was beaten in the head to head at SiD 2, therefore placing him lower than JMo. He does have wins over a few below him which allows him to be ranked 4th.[/collapse]

[collapse=5.]i1337: Significant wins over Sauc3, JMo, and Raidos has made him rise the 5th place. Not many people have beaten those 3. His placings have also been rather high, and 5th place at SiD 2 reflects this.[/collapse]

[collapse=6.]Sauc3: His placings are also good, and he beat Peachy, Iliad, and Gi. Losing to i1337 is what makes him get ranked lower, therefore putting him as 6th.[/collapse]

[collapse=7.]Peachy: Beating Gichan & i1337 helped a lot in this placement. The final factor being that Peachy beat Iliad at the SSS, and has better placings than him in the last 3 tourneys.[/collapse]

[collapse=8.]Iliad: Remained consistent by placing 9th, however he's lost to everyone above him, therefore puttting him as 8th.[/collapse]

[collapse=9.]Mr.L: Beating Culex helped a lot. He also has better placing than those below him, and beat Gichan in the head to head.[/collapse]

[collapse=10.]Gichan: 17th at CoD allowed the placings of others to outshine his. Beating Iliad helped, but it wasn't enough to make up for some of the other losses he's taken in the last 2 tourneys.[/collapse]

Honorable Mentions:

[collapse=HM]cMeDu: Excellent doubles performance is what earned this man HM. The singles placings do still need some work, but improvement has also been made last tourney.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Cruxis: Unfortunately, only entering 1 tourney makes him an HM. Otherwise he would be ranked 3rd on the PR for beating the man I couldn't beat. His seeding will reflect this however, and he will be seeded appropriately at tourneys.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Culex: 17th at CoD and a no show at SiD 2 got him removed from PR, and sitting as an HM.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Raidos: 17th at CoD and a no show at SiD 2 got him removed from PR, and sitting as an HM.[/collapse]

Drop-outs:

[collapse=Drop-out]Ambrose/Hype/Rhyme: Inactivity[/collapse]

Despite the inactivity of 3 players, everyone definitely earned their spot on this PR. Once again, congratulations to those that moved up, or maintained their position. It's amazing how quickly things can change in 1 month. Keep up the practice and the good work, and continue rising to the top!

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Woo~ yay! I'm on the PR and didnt resort to MK at all~ *dances*

Ok besides that cheer, grats to everyone who made it on the PR! Looking forward to defending my spot agaisnt those who are on the HM and those who are not. :D

Cruxis

Smash Lord
nahh yo lets do the mugshots

everyone dress proper, do your hair and do whatever the hell cause next tourney we takin the mugshot photoss

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Huzza, I finally made the PR

Also if were doing mugshots, I gotta be wearing my Luigi hat

Gichan

Smash Champion
Nothing is decided yet about PR theme, we still got **** to do. Take the mugshot photos anyways in case it ends up winning.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
CONGRATS to everyone who made it!

and a gigantic ****ing hi-five to peachy <3

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
My only major thoughts on this PR involve character bias johns.

So yeah, not getting into that.

Top Bottom