• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

Tin Man

Smash Hero
150 tin?
not good enough.
I expect you to be top 10 by the end of the year.
<3

I'd be higher on that list if it where actually up to date. Its missing my performances at the SSS, in Quebec, and at A&C games. Once those are in, perhaps I could crack top 100. I wish that thing was as updated as it was before (like every week it would update). But its prolly a lot of hard work.

sauc3

Smash Lord
Wait, is that another Luigi main i see?...It can't be!..I like being the only Luigi main in GTA
noone likes being the only of one thing,

that would means ur the worst luigi main in the GTA
the least liked luigi main in the GTA
the campiest luigi main in the GTA

shall i go on?

Gichan

Smash Champion
Well MeekSpeedy isn't responding to my PM....

I can't go to CoT5 anymore...this is with a lot of regret as I was looking forward to CoT5 for a long while. I started seeing I wouldn't be able to go like two months ago but I kept trying anyways. Being poor sucks but at least this gives another person an opportunity. I'm giving this for free, I just want someone to rep Canada as damn well as you can. PM me if you want it. I think I still have one more after this one if KingAce isn't going but that one has to be paid for.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
noone likes being the only of one thing,

that would means ur the worst luigi main in the GTA
the least liked luigi main in the GTA
the campiest luigi main in the GTA

shall i go on?
Well, that also means im the best luigi main in GTA
the favourite luigi main in GTA
and the least campiest luigi main in GTA

but seriously, i was just joking

sauc3

Smash Lord
Well MeekSpeedy isn't responding to my PM....

I can't go to CoT5 anymore...this is with a lot of regret as I was looking forward to CoT5 for a long while. I started seeing I wouldn't be able to go like two months ago but I kept trying anyways. Being poor sucks but at least this gives another person an opportunity. I'm giving this for free, I just want someone to rep Canada as damn well as you can. PM me if you want it. I think I still have one more after this one if KingAce isn't going but that one has to be paid for.
that sucks man, give it to meeeek, he'd **** lol

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The New PR

After a long time, I was able to secure a venue and start hosting again. And at the last tourney, a lot happened. Many upsets occurred making it rather difficult to figure out where people go, but the four of us put our heads together in order develop the current list. People have definitely improved and I urge players to stay consistent should they want to further themselves on this list.

The PR was created using the last 3 tournaments (SiD, A & C, SSS (with previous tournaments for reference if need be))

So without further ado, here are the new Southern Ontario Brawl Power Rankings!

Collapsed for suspense ;)

[collapse=1.]Toronto Joe: Placed the highest at SiD and his records vs many of the other PR members is still quite strong.[/collapse]

[collapse=2.]Tin Man: Remaining consistent and beating Joe at SiD earns Tin Man this spot. Toronto Joe however out placed him at SiD. That and a negative win-loss record vs Toronto Joe.[/collapse]

[collapse=3.]Hype: Has beaten Tin Man, but has a losing record to him. However he has beaten JMo twice. Meekspeedy once (when he tried). Iliad, and several other wins under his belt. As a results his placings is what gives him this position.[/collapse]

[collapse=4.]JMo: JMo has never out placed or beaten the players above him on. In a very close debate between JMo and Meekspeedy, a decision was hard to come too. JMo and Meekspeedy are 1-1. They both have 2 PR wins (JMo beating Ambrose and Gichan While Meekspeedy beat Culex and Iliad). And they both out placed the other by one spot in "back to back" tournaments. What gave JMo the upper hand is his wins and losses over the 2 tournaments. Being the fact that JMo lost less times than Meekspeedy did (JMo lost 2 times at SiD and 3 times at SSS while Meekspeedy lost 3 times both tournaments.[/collapse]

[collapse=5.]Meekspeedy: Despite being under JMo, he's performed really well at both SiD, and SSS. Placing 5th twice, beating Culex and Iliad. His losses are only to higher level players unlike those below him.[/collapse]

[collapse=6.]Raidos: He's been out placed by those above him at both Sid and SSS. He's lost to cMeDu. However he still performed better than those below him, and has taken less losses to un ranked players in comparison.[/collapse]

[collapse=7.]Ambrose: Due to placing 13th at SSS and not entering singles at SiD, his poor placements and inactivity have put him below those above him. He's placed 7th due to beating Culex, and maintaining a winning record over him. That those below him haven't been able to perform in a manner that would deem them worth of being higher.[/collapse]

[collapse=8.]Culex: His losing record to Ambrose places him here. That along with his inactivity due to not attending SiD. He also lost to Meekspeedy, who was un ranked at the time. He does has however beaten people that a few others couldn't. Such as Peachy. He has a winning record over Gi, not losing to him yet. And he's never been out placed by the two below him.[/collapse]

[collapse=9.]Iliad: He's taken quite a few hits which results in him being unable to surpass those above him. He's lost to Peachy, Sauc3, i1337, and Meekspeedy (when he was just an HM). He beat Ambrose, and he has a winning record over Gichan. This allows him to maintain his position.[/collapse]

[collapse=10.]Gichan: Althought he's beaten Raidos and as a result, he has a winning record over him, he's also taken some harsh losses. He has a losing record to Iliad. he lost to Rhyme, and Mr.L.[/collapse]

Honorable Mentions:

[collapse=HM]i1337: His victory on Iliad at SiD is what earned him a spot as an HM.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Mr.L: Placing exceptionally well at SiD and getting 5th place as a result of beating Gichan.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Peachy: He obtained a PR win by beating Iliad and despite placing low at SSS he got 7th at SiD.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Rhyme: He also beat Gichan at SiD and his PR win earns him a spot as an HM.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Sauc3: Given his performance at SiD, he hasn't done anything to keep him above on the PR. Its his performance at SSS which resulted in him beating Iliad and a somewhat legitimate victory against Joe.[/collapse]

Drop-outs:

[collapse=Drop-out]Inle/Patches/Phiddlesticks: They've been outperformed, and for the most part, out placed. The players above them have wins over PR members in the last 3 tournaments. These guys do not.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Ryan Fw: He didn't show up to SiD to defend his spot, and far too many people outperformed him.[/collapse]

Congradulations to everyone that moved up, or maintained there position. The HM's have steeped up. Each of them now with a PR win under their belt. the standard has been raised for making it up here. And for those who placed lower. Consistency is key. You can't let those below you, out shine you, and you must perform better than your previous self, and others to keep rising.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Patches you too. I'll work on my Snake some more for ya, so we can MM again :p

I'll get on that top 10 list eventually, although i could have potentially if i had gone to SSS and placed well D=...

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I really miss yall :( **no homo**.

I swear this scene was like my second family, I don't know why I left.

- Nickcam, Fool and Mikey with their bomb commentary.

- Iliad, Culex and sauc3 with their competitiveness and determination to get better with low tiers.

- Tinman with his innocent white style blackness and unawareness of clutch, and watching him grow up.

- Kingace with his knife <3

- Ambrose, Percon and Nate with their leadership before they fell off the map (Still legendary panelists though).

- TO joe with his laugh and braces.

- Steve aka Hype aka BEAST for being my most solid partner ever.

Is what it is, I know I left people out but I'll try my hardest to make it out sometime.

Gichan

Smash Champion
PR updated with Beast Wars theme. Gichan will put the honorable mentions up tomorrow. (this is Michelle btw) Hope you guys approve of the new image.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
PR updated with Beast Wars theme. Gichan will put the honorable mentions up tomorrow. (this is Michelle btw) Hope you guys approve of the new image.
Is it possible to get them like twice as big?

Also guys, the Unity Ruleset has been updated.

Twinkie hit the nail on the head. It would be impossible for them to adopt the entire ruleset (which I think I already mentioned).

Also, the ruleset has been updated to 1.3, we are switching to a 7 stage starter list, with Castle Siege and Pokemon Stadium 1 being added to the starter list from Counter Pick list.

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege|Brinstar
Final Destination|Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise|Pokémon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1|Rainbow Cruise
Smashville|Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|

Strike order is: 2-3-1

Again, there will be no further updates until after Genesis II occurs.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
YES 7 STAGE STARTER.

Now just need to get YI: Brawl banned, Japes and Norfair legal, and I'll be happy.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Is it possible to get them like twice as big?
(This is Michelle again) I already had my own issues with the size and so I'll be posting a larger version soon. :)

Okay I changed it. Photobucket was being a **** so I published the image on deviantArt to keep it from resizing. Is it too big now? lol

Iliad

Smash Lord
Actually one thing needs to be fixed.

Me and hype didn't move up or down in this new PR. So we shouldn't have green or red arrows. Should just have a white dash. Other than that, fantastic.

Rat trap all day *****es.

Top Bottom