• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just wondering, probably a bad question, but...what series is Shantae from? I'm not familiar with her.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh no...that means the Mokka prophecy was right! :o

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
u mad bro? :awesome:

You can have, 40k. Don't worry.

Hey guys, remember that "fake" leaked "draft roster"? It's Wario Land 6!
Yea, don't worry about that, I'll get both the 40k and 50k ones.

Yeah, I remember that a Wario Land 6 was coming out, featuring Waluigi??

That would significantly increase his chances over Toad.

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Huh. The game seems interesting, and apparently well received. I didn't look into it too much, but is she third party?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think it's time I posted my RIDLEY MOVESET here:

This is how I see Ridley, by the way (FOR THE MOST PART HUSH ABOUT THE WINGS D: ):

Attributes – Ridley is a large character, nearly the size of Bowser. However, his scrawny frame, useful for flying, keeps him from being as heavy. In fact, I’d say he could be as light as Wolf (the 14th heaviest character in Brawl) but no heavier than R.O.B. (10th heaviest character). His ground speed would be pretty good (Charizard (7th fastest) to Donkey Kong (9th) range). His aerial maneuverability in general would be among the top, probably similar to Yoshi. He can also jump five times. He can glide, but not wall cling, wall jump, or crawl.

Playstyle concept – I see Ridley as awkward on the ground, but amazing in the air. Jigglypuff’s king, if you will. His ground game in general would be damaging, and focus on sending opponents upward, but hard or risky to connect most of the time. In the air though, all of his moves are useful and quick, as well as being capable of comboing. Ridley’s aerial potential is why I say he should not be a heavyweight, as that may make him broken.

Entrance – A pair of glowing eyes appear out of nowhere. Ridley gives out loud roar as the rest of his body fades into visibility.

A – Quickly swipes with left hand claws. Fixed knockback. 4%-2%
AA – Follows up with right hand claws. Fixed knockback. 3%
AAA – Follows up with a quick bite. All together relatively good damage. 5%
Dash – Ridley spins above the ground (think Falco’s F-air) to lightly knock opponents upward. 10%-7%

F-tilt – Extends neck to bite. Awkward to connect due to the length of his neck. Could very well miss an opponent that is too close. Good damage and horizontal knockback to compensate. 12%-9%
U-tilt – Quickly puts his head down and lifts it upward over his body in an arcing motion. Flips opponents up into the air with fixed knockback. Naturally combos into U-smash. Does not hit behind him. 11%-8%
D-tilt – Sweeps the ground in front of him with his tail. One of his faster ground attacks and can trip opponents. 9%-5%

F-smash – Winds up his tail while charging, then stabs straight forward. Sweetspot at the tip which can KO. Awkward to connect like his F-tilt. Good damage and a bit of ending lag. 17-15%
U-smash – Breathes a single large burst of fire upward. Combos with U-tilt. Good damage and knockback. Does not hit to either side of him. 16%-14%
D-smash – Lowers himself and spins around once. While spinning he extends his tail outward and breathes fire. The fire does not have much knockback, but may be followed up by the tail at lower percentages. The tail is mainly what you want to hit with. It sends opponents up into the air. His slowest ground attack. This move recalls an attack from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Tail: 9%, Fire: 6%

N-air – Spins his tail around his body (clockwise when facing to the left). Think Meta Knight, Wolf, etc. Tip knocks opponents outward, while non-tip hits knock opponents at the angle they were hit. Combo potential. Mostly just gets opponents off you. Sweetspot: 13%, Sourspot: 7%
F-air – Stabs tail forward quickly. Already a good KO move, but a sweetspotted tip makes it even more so. Tipper: 18%, Non-Tipper: 12%
B-air – Twirls his tail closely behind his body for multiple (six) hits. Similar to Yoshi’s. 2% every hit, finishing hit is 5%
D-air – Stabs his tail downward. Tip sweetspots with a meteor smash. If not sweetspotted, it causes a pogo effect similar to Link’s. Sweetspot: 14%, Sourspot: 8%
U-air – Attacks with wing spikes. Slight upward knockback. Can probably hit with it a few times if you’re moving upward, like with Meta-Knight’s. 5%

Glide attack – A strong bite. As strong as Charizard’s. 12%

Pummel – While holding opponent by their head, he breathes fire on them. Relatively slow yet damaging among pummel attacks. 4%
F-throw – While holding opponent by their head, he quickly stabs them with his tail about five times, then with a sends them flying with a stronger sixth stab. Very damaging. 2% each stab, 4% last stab
U-throw – Grabs opponents with his talons and carries them into the air while swatting them twice with his tail. He quickly descends, slamming them into the ground with all his weight. Most damaging throw due to the high vulnerability. Opponents are sent upward after being slammed. 4% each swipe, 7% on slam
D-throw – Grabs opponents in his mouth, raises them upward and brutally slams them into the ground. Very damaging. This recalls a scene from the manga. 12%
B-throw – Stabs tail into opponent while they are in his grasp. He then flings his opponent, now impaled on his tail, behind him. 8%

Special – (Fireball) – When tapping the special button, Ridley releases a spray of four fireballs. They travel a relatively short distance for a projectile, and are essentially a wall of hitboxes. They do not do much knockback or damage. When holding special, Ridley releases a single large fireball. This fireball travels a longer distance, and causes more knockback and damage. When done in the air, the large fireball travels in a downward diagonal direction. If it were to hit the ground, a small damaging shockwave comes from the impact. His special can actually be used while gliding to fire up to four shots that “bomb” the stage. These do little damage and knockback. 2% each fireball, 5% on large one, 2% on shockwave
Side Special – (Command Grab) – Ridley flies forward a distance longer than Ganondorf’s side special, but with slightly longer startup. Ridley can only do this once in the air, but he will not be put into a helpless state. If the grab connects Ridley will essentially act as though he has a second normal grab. He can pummel opponents with his tail, and opponents can also break out of the grab. On the ground, “throwing” forward or back causes Ridley to drag the opponent across the ground for a set distance, racking up damage. At the end of the animation (he cannot fall off ledges during this) he will simply toss the opponent upward. You can also simply throw the opponent upward to begin with as a sort of “U-throw” option. Unlike Bowser and Ganondorf, Ridley has wings and does not have to plummet to the ground when connecting his command grab in the air. Again, while in the air it is essentially a second grab. There are no “F-throw” and “B-throw” options in the air, but you can “U-throw” opponents upward. You can also dive-bomb while holding the opponent as a “D-throw.” This will result in a suicide if done off the stage. Same percents as normal throws.
Down Special – (Reflector) – Holding down special charges up a reflector. While charging, you are vulnerable to any attack. Once the charge is complete, you can move around freely as though you have a Franklin Badge. Ridley’s skin darkens while you have these properties, accompanied by particle effects. All together, the charge time and effect time lasts about 3.5 to 4 seconds. This is an attack of his from Metroid: Other M.
Up Special – (Fly/Unfly) – This move is similar to R.O.B. and Pit’s Up Specials. It works with Ridley’s five jumps. If you were to use Fly (and Unfly) five times, Ridley could no longer jump, and vice versa if you were to jump five times, you would not be able to use Fly. Pressing down while using Fly causes Ridley to Unfly. You are not put into a helpless state. You can attack with aerials normally while Flying, as well as after Unflying. Like R.O.B.’s “fuel,” you can only Fly for a certain amount of time – 3.5 seconds.

Final Smash – Meta-Ridley Transfo—F*CK THAT. SPACE PIRATE RAID, B*TCHES: The camera zooms in on Ridley as he roars to summon two Space Pirate ships. The Space Pirates hop out to attack Ridley’s opponents. Think of them as enemies from Melee’s adventure mode. They have limited methods of attack, and can be attacked and killed themselves. The problem for your opponents is that there would be so many of them to deal with. The amount would depend on the amount of players, and Ridley’s damage. There would also be different kinds of Space Pirates that hop out. Grey pirates are the simplest to kill, with only a small amount of health. Green pirates have more health, Red have even more, and Gold pirates have the most. They all attack by shooting beams (which can be fired horizontally or diagonally upward) and jumping. Gold pirates can do a jump kick which has a lot of knockback. They disappear after a set amount of time.

OmegaXXII

A game for Waluigi! I dream about it since Mario Tennis! A game involving Waluigi, Luigi and Daisy would be amazing, ah, did you know that the reason of Waluigi being a rival of Luigi is that he is in love with Daisy! A tremendous love triangle!:awesome:
Waluigi is in love with Daisy? Wow, I never knew "spin-offs" had a story too?

Bah, but whatever, I still want that Fire Emblem game that's rumored to come out on the 3DS.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Shantae is a relatively unknown character from a relatively unknown third-party developer. You can forget about her.

@Crimson: I kind of maybe forgot about it for a while.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nice moveset, Oasis. Surprised that this moveset didn't include the tail swipe thing as the Down B, seeing how often I notice it. Very unique and great overall.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I thought the tail pogo move was a better fit as a D-air than a D-Special. You could short hop and D-air to get a similar effect??? And I felt that particular Down Special worked well overall with the moveset.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, I'm not complaining about it, the way you did it was much better. It was a pleasant surprise to me!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Don't forget Broserker.

Nothing is stronger than the power of TEAM WORK. STRONG TEAM FOR A STRONG MOVESET FOR A STRONG RIDLEY HUUUUARRRGH.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Nice moveset Oasis! Meta Ridley should be an alternate costume or an alternate form.

OmegaXXII

Don't forget Broserker.

Nothing is stronger than the power of TEAM WORK. STRONG TEAM FOR A STRONG MOVESET FOR A STRONG RIDLEY HUUUUARRRGH.
Broserker? Pshhh. Who needs him with his Toad fannism. :awesome:

I still can't wait to see what kind of game Nintendo plans to off it's sleeve, they will need it since I believe the 3DS needs a sales push.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Meta-Ridley should most definitely be an alternate costume. Ridley, Other M Ridley, Meta-Ridley, Omega Ridley, Ridley X, Mecha Ridley... There's a lot of Ridleys to choose from, lol.

Toad is holding Berserker back. Making him weak. Also, it may not even be a game that they're going to announce, silly.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
A game for Waluigi! I dream about it since Mario Tennis! A game involving Waluigi, Luigi and Daisy would be amazing, ah, did you know that the reason of Waluigi being a rival of Luigi is that he is in love with Daisy! A tremendous love triangle!:awesome:
Oh, really? Didn't know that.

I never got why Waluigi is so hated by so many people. Maybe his own game would change everyone's mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom