• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yea, too bad I'm barely on page 1000. :p

But I feel Ashley would make a better Adventure Mode boss if I had to choose between her and Orbulon, Orbulon seems more like be would " fit" in Smash Bros.

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait, so according to Other M, Ridley grows from this little thing? Couldn't help but laugh a bit....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Apparently it's a baby Ridley.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You see, if kids didn't make fun of Ridley when he was little he probably wouldn't have grown up to be one of the biggest threats in the galaxy. All that pent up anger. Poor thing. Kids can be so cruel.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's his angry face...xD

Maybe that'll scare away the big fat bullies...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's baby Ridley's angry face. All these kids were bullying him...

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Apparently it's called a "little birdie" and it's Ridley reborn or something like that. Any ideas for new Metroid stages?

OmegaXXII

Metroid related eh?? Sounds scary indeed!!

@stage ideas: I'd definetly want to see Norfair brought back, Sector 1 music is just too good..!!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Apparently it's called a "little birdie" and it's Ridley reborn or something like that. Any ideas for new Metroid stages?

[COLLAPSE="Skytown Elysia"]Here is another one of my stage ideas!

Skytown Elysia from Metroid Prime 3. Why this and not Other M? Who said we won't have both? We have had two new Metroid stages since Melee, why can the same not be of Smash 4? So, I will go with the, as of now, last chapter in the Prime series. The stage would be two platforms designed around the architecture of the level on opposite sides. Separated by a giant chasm in between, the only way across is by the rail above. A platform will be suspended and will go back and forth. It would be a large stage, because both platforms will have to be big enough to fight on. The only gimmick is there will be gates along the rail that you have to hit to open, just as in the game.

Visual example: |-| -------- _|--\_|-|

Stage Name: Skytown Elysia
Icon: Metroid icon

Metroid Prime 3 - Skytown
Metroid Prime 3 - Rundas
Metroid Prime 3 - Dark Samus
Metroid Prime 2 - Emperor Ing
Metroid Prime 2 - Torvus Bog
Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts
Metroid Prime - Metroid Prime
Metroid Fusion - Sector 4
Metroid Prime - Opening/Main Theme (Brawl)
Metroid Prime 2 - Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2) (Brawl)
Gameboy Camera - Shooting medley ~ Shoot 1 ~ Shoot 2 ~ Items
Wii Photo Channel - Scenic[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Geothermal Power Plant"]Today has been a rather slow day. Guess that is what happens over the weekend for people who have lives... Last time I was honored to be able to post a special guest concept, but this time it's time to return to the normal routine. Dealing with me. This is one of those stages that I'm 100% positive is going to happen, but let's still have fun with it anyways? Not need to get burned just because of that, am I right?

The Geothermal Powerplant from Other M, the signature locale in the game for both good and bad reasons... You fight Ridley in this stage and it would act as his Super Smash 4 homestage.

This stage isn't a walk off, obviously. On top of that it is fairly simple and straightforward. It will be a normal sized stage with the inclusion of two platforms on each side of the stage. These will be important as this stage still has a few tricks to it...

Notice that large pipe in the middle of the stage? Doesn't it look like the platform is able to travel up and down? Well that is correct, it can and it WILL! During set times in the match the stage will actually lower, traveling down the pipe towards the lower lava level. As it lowers the stage will spin, causing the platforms to circle above you. Thus making them unusable during the process of moving.

Once you reach the bottom your battle field will expand as outside of the platform you will see small isle of rock platforms in the lava. So just chill along the bottom until you return to the surface. A neat little cameo at the floor level will be that of the lava creature boss from Other M swimming along the pool of lava, occasionally raising it's eyes' to look at the players ahead.

Once it is time to return to the surface the lava will begin pouring from along the walls, covering the rock platforms and causing the stage to elevate. Be careful as the lava will still be pouring even as the stage rises. It will act as a barrier around the edges of the stage meaning during this phase players can only be star KO'd. Every one else will simply run into lava.

Not much else to it, we have our complimentary acid/lava hazard stage without it being something that is annoying and shoved upon us. A fair trade.

Stage Example
..__........__

Bottom floor example:* **

....................__........__
=-==x----=xx___________xxxx|===|

*"X"=Lava
**"=" "-" represents rock formation

Metroid: Other M - Ridley
Metroid: Other M - Brug Mass
Metroid: Other M - Nightmare
Metroid: Other M - Desbrachian
Metroid: Other M - Queen Metroid
Metroid Prime - Magmoor Caverns
Metroid: Zero Mission - Kraid's Lair
Metroid II - SR388
Metroid Fusion - Sector 1 (Brawl)
Metroid Prime - Parasite Queen (Brawl)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes- Vs. Meta Ridley (Brawl)
Disaster: Day of Crisis - Main Theme

So, it has taken awhile to write this for an otherwise non-assuming stage. Still hope everyone enjoys it as usual.[/COLLAPSE]

And Norfair as the returning stage.

Other stage concepts can be found in the following link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305626

OmegaXXII

Yea, I wouldn't mind seeing Brinstar Depths myself, but I also wouldn't mind seeing either Sector Z or Brinstar from Melee once more.

Basically these are all the stages I'd like to see again:

SSB64:
•Meta Stage
•Princess Peach's Skyworld Castle
•Sector Z
•Saffron City

OmegaXXII

And finally Brawl stages would be:

•Shadow Moses Island
•Norfair
•Green Hill Zone
•Smashville
•Mario Kart Circuit
•Green Greens (Melee)
•Yoshi's Island

Kantrip

Kantplay
Returning Stages that I'd like:

Super Smash Brothers
- Peach's Castle (slight revamp)
- Sector Z
- Dreamland

Super Smash Brothers Melee
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Hyrule Castle (slight revamp)
- Battlefield
- Final Destination

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
- Norfair
- Smashville
- Mario Kart Circuit (revamp)
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Yoshi's Island: Brawl
- Skyworld

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Wario Ware should return as a Brawl stage if we don't get another Wario Ware game by the time SSB U comes out.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I would love for any returning stage to get a graphical overhaul... 64, GCN or Wii stages would all look pretty bad on an HD console as they are currently.

And revamping some of the older stages and making them new again would be cool. Like Sonic Generations does with older stages.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I agree we need some stages revamped, City Escape would make an awesome Sonic stage I think iblis mentiones something about it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I only expect to see Brawl stages returning, following the pattern of Melee and Brawl. I expect most of the musical tracks from those cut stages to be allocated to other stages (which would explain why some of my stage concepts have returning tracks from particular stages).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I know this may not happen, but I would be nice to have the 3DS version be a remake of 64 or Melee, that way we could re-live those stages again through the link up system.

Not to mention it would bring back the cut characters.

OmegaXXII

I would love for any returning stage to get a graphical overhaul... 64, GCN or Wii stages would all look pretty bad on an HD console as they are currently.

And revamping some of the older stages and making them new again would be cool. Like Sonic Generations does with older stages.
Agreed, this idea would be the best thing to happen, it needs to be done, in particular any of the classic 64 stages would benifit the most.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I know this may not happen, but I would be nice to have the 3DS version be a remake of 64 or Melee, that way we could re-live those stages again through the link up system.

Not to mention it would bring back the cut characters.
I don't want a remake... besides isn't SSB on the Wii virtual console you could just download it on that. And if the Wii u actually does have a Gamecube virtual console then it'll probably have Melee.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't want a remake... besides isn't SSB on the Wii virtual console you could just download it on that. And if the Wii u actually does have a Gamecube virtual console then it'll probably have Melee.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the VC, awesome then.

Either way, I guess the best we can hope for is the old stages from 64 and Melee to be remade.

OmegaXXII

Yes, they should definetly be made in HD like Hex mentioned, it would be ridiculous not to have them like that if Sakurai decided on classic stages once more.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Agreed, this idea would be the best thing to happen, it needs to be done, in particular any of the classic 64 stages would benifit the most.

I wouldn't mind if they didn't come with the game if they're DLC. Like, a pack of all the 64 stages totally revamped graphically with 3D backdrops and super nice textures, lighting, bump-mapping... *drools*

I dunno about you guys, but I loved the non-specificity of the N64 stages, having elements of real locations from respective games, but not literally those locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom