• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
cause you downloaded a 4-5min video and a hidden file that unpacks when u open the cert.
Make sure you select receive to receive the alert when the GBA games come out.

Not that it matters...the entire Internets will know within seconds of it happening.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Here's a helpful tip on how to access the two player features of some of the 3DS Ambassador Program NES games.

- hold L and R
- then press Y
- do this while in-game
- this allows you to change between Player 1 and Player 2

heytallman

CTALL
ANYTHING is debatable.

You got your basics like mario/zelda(2 games)/metroid/donkey kong covered. Then you have semi "known" games ballon fight/ice climber. Finally you got the pretty much ignored games like golf/yoshi/wrecking ball. They covered a variety of genres with these 10 titles and 10 GBA games are on the way. Nintendo is assuming the majority of the original 3ds buyers are not pirates AND they were not old enough for NES so the chances of a player owning/played these games are slim to none(which means 99% of those games are all new experiences). To top it all off, they are FREE.

I cannot complain about this Ambassador program at all.
That was actually a really well thought out and written post. Good job.

Here's how I feel:

I was fine with the original five, and am glad to see Zelda 2 and Metroid on the list. However, I'm disappointed with no Super Mario Bros 3, which means there's still a chance they will use a Game Boy Advance slot on that game. Though, it also makes sense for Nintendo to give us games like Golf and Wrecking Crew because the NES titles will be made available for everyone to download later for a price. If they were to release SMB3 then, almost EVERYONE would buy it.

IMO they should have given us Kid Icarus, it would help promote the new Kid Icarus game coming out this year.

Still though, I'm not going to complain about 10 free games, even if I play Wrecking Crew or Golf only twice each. And then ten free GBA games later (here's to hoping SMB3 isn't one of them).

Gnes

Smash Master
Persona fans rejoice! Persona 5.. p3/p4 fighting game, annnnd p4 port.

Annnnnd skyward sword in november(just saiyen). Gaming commences again.
i know. soooo ****. if that p4 fighting game gets competitive, dear god

Jerm mm, my yukiko your chie.

my grandma confirmed walt disney was a racist.
We in there. Books>racism

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Broski my chie is gonna put in so much work. I might actually run yukiko though. I love fire.

Aigis though.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yes for anyone inquiring about WHOBO: we'll be making the thread soon. We're literally waiting for the venue to respond back to us about pricing and other details. As soon as the venue responds to us we'll be making a thread.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Also, because HOBO is next weekend I'm going to have a smashfest Saturday. I have to run a Street Fighter tournament that day at Gamestop so it'll be after that (5ish/5:30ish). If you want practice bring Wii's and SSBB. I have plenty of TV's. Everyone is welcome!

For the new people my address is 4444 Cullen Blvd Houston, TX 77004 apt. 213. It's on UH's campus and the gate code is #8338.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Sounds good. I haven't forgotten about that logo, btw. I will get that made.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Also, because HOBO is next weekend I'm going to have a smashfest Saturday. I have to run a Street Fighter tournament that day at Gamestop so it'll be after that (5ish/5:30ish). If you want practice bring Wii's and SSBB. I have plenty of TV's. Everyone is welcome!

For the new people my address is 4444 Cullen Blvd Houston, TX 77004 apt. 213. It's on UH's campus and the gate code is #8338.
Gonna try and make it to this. Still p***** about missing the Gamestop tourney.
Everyone who can should go for three resons: practice(even more) for HOBO
get destroyed by me, free of charge
and the stylish apartment setting.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
around 11ish tomorrow me and sync will give whobo 4 details. could be HUGE news or sadness. this one bit of info will determine whether the thread goes up or not.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Aight sync, we in there! I'm open to hang out with ppl anytime from Friday to Monday (labor day aka no school). I need to be full body rdy for hobo since this the apex road event, I rlly want to play brawl from fri till mon, I'm not doing homework for that weekend, **** it lol, After playing all those days I should be back to pwii drill mode, I'll have Internet till hobo so I'll keep myself sharp through wifi, gotta go hard on this one lol, after syncs I can house till Monday, to keep on playing.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom