• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm coming off my mini hiatus to say: sfffffffffffffffffffffoooooooooooooooohhhhh

Cloud had better NOT be in my smash :glare:

Sora's not looking very pretty as well.

End of Discussion

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I think Monolith Soft has a partnered deal with Square, Namco, and Nintendo. any characters depicted within the publishing rights remain within both companies.
Square=Xenogears
Namco=Xenosaga
Nintendo=Xenoblade

Of course, I'm just guessing.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think Monolith Soft has a partnered deal with Square, Namco, and Nintendo. any characters depicted within the publishing rights remain within both companies.
Square=Xenogears
Namco=Xenosaga
Nintendo=Xenoblade

Of course, I'm just guessing.
But I though Monolith Soft was owned by Nintendo now, Namco supposedly sold it to them.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That Mach Rider rumor was debunked? You're a SCOUNDREL, Star.

What a pity.

And thaaaat is some awful news on the WiiU.

D

Deleted member

We can fight all we want about how to handle a five-slots Pokemon situation, but this is what we need to understand; the franchise could very well not even get that. The franchise is an unstable one and as such, prone to cutting. Now cutting is likely, but at this rate, we shouldn't be worried about how Pokemon should handle a five-slot situation, we should be worried about if it will even get five slots. As of now, I'm worried that they'll simply replace Lucario with Zoroark and call it a day; which would not only suck hard, but I will also lose all faith in the series ever doing more then replacing the old flavor-of-the-month with the new one.

It is for this reason why I am not optimistic about Mewtwo's or Lucario's chances. As a matter of fact, the only potential newcomer's chances I'm really optimistic about is Victini, and even then, Zoroark month currently gives Zoroark a slight lead. Honestly at this rate, I'm very open to five slots for Pokemon as long as Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer gets in (which are guarantee) and the choices made are good (yes this would include Zoroark).
----
In the case the Victini becomes a Pokeball, as others have said, he should grant them victory when revealed. Just dropping off items doesn't seem right.
Oasis_S said:
SSBF, you usually mention how people only expect Zoroark but don't really WANT him, but with Victini's movie out now, wouldn't Victini now be the one to expect but not necessarily want?

These two are just the very worst.
From what I've witness, that has not been the case with Victini. The only site I've noticed with a general preference towards Victini is this one. GameFAQs is almost completely divided into Victini and Zoroark in terms of want and most other sites tend to favor Zoroark, although overall, Victini support has increased considerably in the west. It doesn't help that Victini isn't mentioned much in Japan (although Zoroark isn't much better off with frequently being mentioned as a Lucario replacement).

So I don't think Victini is "expected, but not wanted".
Starphoenix said:
I've been thinking about something that came to mind today. I don't think Sakurai looks at the sales of a series; I think he looks at its entries. Which would explain more of the decisions he has made when it comes to the roster. That may sound a little strange, or even contradictory in some ways.
Good point. If sales mattered so much, Lyn would have gotten in over Ike and Takamaru over Pit (FE7 sold better then FE10 and Nazo No Murasame Jo sold better then Kid Icarus (GBA releases for both games)).
Metal Overlord said:
So... who are our third-party dark horse candidates? Tails, Jill Valentine, Ryu H. (ugh...), Pac-Man, Ryu (from Street Fighter), or a Soul Calibur/Kingdom Hearts character? Anyone else?
Kingdom Hearts is not a "dark-horse" candidate. Characters that originated in the game are one of the few eligible characters I can say have no chance of ever being playable. The messy licensing issues with Disney that would result from it makes it too much of a hassle for Nintendo to try doing, especially with the series not have popular requests to have a character in Smash.

And I agree that Ryu (both) are among the more likely third-party characters to get in, but for some reason, I only see Ryu Hayabusa as a "dark-horse" candidate.

@Starphoenix: Cloud isn't a "dark horse". He's barely eligible to be playable and stands almost zero chance of getting in.
augustoflores said:
I'm just gonna leave this here.

WiiU already a problem child for developers

apparently, the final product is being rushed to the door.
They need to delay this until Holiday, 2012.

Steam

Smash Hero
Pretty much what SSBF said, except I still think victini will be relegated to mewcelebi status as things stand right now.

Zoroark month pretty much gurantees Zoroark will be in due to hype.

Lucario's chances rest on how popular he really is in japan/ if nintendo still wants to keep him in the spotlight

Victini's chances rest on his popularity (in japan) and sakurai letting him be a character

Mewtwo's chances rest on everyone else not being good enough or nintendo wanting to revive him.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, the only sleeper 3rd party newcomer I see would be Ryu H., but mostly because people often forget about him and Team Ninja's great relationship with Nintendo.

As for the Wii U: They need to delay it otherwise it may turn out like the 3DS launch and look at what that did, and that was only a handheld console.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Even though this will never happen. If a SquareEnix character were in. I'd love for the stage music to be like this.

Dragon Quest VIII - Great Battle in the Vast Sky
Final Fantasy IV - Boss Theme
Super Mario RPG - Armed Boss
Secret of Evermore - Midboss Battle
Chrono Trigger - Crono's Theme
Kingdom Hearts - Night of Fate
Secret of Mana - Into the Thick of It
Parasite Eve - Plosive Attack
Einhander - Thermosphere
SaGa Frontier II - Todfiend
Grandia - Boss Battle
Lufia DS - The One Who Saves Earth

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How is it now?
Meaning how can a character be disconfirmed by a rumor? I have no idea. The only rumor that looks likely right now is the Fire Emblem game coming from a reputable guy on Neogaf. Which I take more of a blasé attitude towards. Especially hearing that it is going to take a new direction that might upset some people.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I want Fire Emblem NOW!!!

Also, Mach Rider isn't really deconfirmed, just unprovable is all, you need not worry about him.

Ghirahim moveset posted here

Ghirahim

Ghirahim is the antagonist in Skyward Sword. He's ****ing fabulous. That's why in this moveset, I'll be calling him "Lord Fabulous" or Lord Fab or something. Oh and he's a cool guy. I got nothing more to say​

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
Hey, I found something in GameRant. It just said that the Wii technology has been sued by Nintendo. Can you guys believe that?

vicgur

Smash Ace
Back from work...

Maaaaad Respect. Lovin the sig by the way.
Ha, thanks. I got so frustrated when it was confirmed that Ridley wasn't in Brawl... Now he is my main priority. And I'll play with him, even if he sucks.

This is how I know that you're from Brazil.
I don't get it! How does talking about PS3 make it so obvious!? is there some kind of weird sterotype involved?

I was reading some topics that were discussed since I left and I want to leave my comments about them:
- CoD!? Sure, I'd love to see generic, un-charismatic characters in my Smash. Go, Ghost!! Woooo!
- I loved the idea of a female PT with girly Pokémon. Don't really remember whose idea it was, but that guy has my respect.
- Why do you love Roy so much!? He is awesome, okay. But Ike is just awesom-ER. I think he was a nice replacement for ol' Roy...

I disagree. Sakurai himself has stated that characters aren't chosen solely because of their popularity for the most part. Overall relevance I'd say is equally important if not moreso than popularity.

I could write a whole essay if I wanted to on why I think Mewtwo is very likely to return for Smash 4, but I don't feel like it.

Nope. Not at all.

Relevance is one of the less important of the criteria

Nintendo > Sakurai >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Importance > Unique >>>>>>>>>>>>> Popularity > Other things (Including relevance)

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
How many extra copies you will sell by having the character on the cover > Ability to advertise other games > Playability as a character > sakurai liking the idea > Popularity > other qualities (being female, villain, sex appeal)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I love it when actual news gets gargled over by ******** one liners like “FIRE EMBLEM FTW!” or stupid Zoroark/Victini/Pokemon in general discussions. They can be put on hold for an hour of actual discussion.

This leak, I want to know if the source is credible, and is the source a run of the mill Micro/Sony *****? If not, I wonder if the rumors are actually true. IF THEY ARE, then I seriously think Nintendo should move the release date back. This is something they should have learned from the 3DS launch. Honestly, at this point Nintendo has already made a big mistake with the 3DS launch sales, I don’t exactly see them having a half hazardly put together console come out just to make a release date. If time is needed, I don’t care if it’s another freaking six months, give it the time. Have a December release.

Nintendo has already talked about how they have a lot of failed ideas that never see the light of day. I don’t see why they would bring a failing idea out in front of the whole world at E3. I’m hoping that this is one of the MANY Nintendo related rumors floating around right now.

Oh this thread. . -.-

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Even though this will never happen. If a SquareEnix character were in. I'd love for the stage music to be like this.

Dragon Quest VIII - Great Battle in the Vast Sky
Final Fantasy IV - Boss Theme
Super Mario RPG - Armed Boss
Secret of Evermore - Midboss Battle
Chrono Trigger - Crono's Theme
Kingdom Hearts - Night of Fate
Secret of Mana - Into the Thick of It
Parasite Eve - Plosive Attack
Einhander - Thermosphere
SaGa Frontier II - Todfiend
Grandia - Boss Battle
Lufia DS - The One Who Saves Earth
If we get a SE character, the music will be from just the series represented. That's yet another reason why Slime riding a Chocobo is an awesome idea, get the best of both worlds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom