• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The reason why Square (As in Square not Square Enix) will not have any rep because none of them are iconic to the company. Plus, the most iconic (Chocobo), isn't really that requested
Well, if you're referring to Square itself then I can see where you're coming, Square-Enix however is likely to get a rep, in this case Slime, why you ask? Simple because Dragon Quest as of late has had numerous collaborations with Nintendo thus far, moreso that Dragon Quest has somewhat become exclusive to Nintendo, of course not entirely so but one can see by the library of Dragon Quest games that have been Nintendo exclusives thus far, And to further establish this it seems Dragon Quest X was solely confirmed to be on Wii and Wii-U but not Sony at all, which in turn makes me believe Square-Enix is in close ties with Nintendo thus far, I am not even skeptical about Slime nor the rumored Dragon Quest Hero to be in Smash at this point in time.

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Did everybody go to sleep? :)
You think if Slime gets in (hopefully with Chocobo) the Dragon Quest Hero will make it as an Assist Trophy?
That said, if Chocobo shows up with Slime, which Final Fantasy character makes an AT? I wouldnt jump to Cloud right away, so maybe a Warrior of Light (FF1)? Maybe a Black Mage or someone from FF2, where Chocobo is from? I can see Cloud and the other popular FF characters fighting in a stage in the background with Dragon Q characters :D Did Star or someone already make that Stage Concept? If not, gooo Star! :)

OmegaXXII

@Omega
If ICs made it, I still see hope for Mach Rider to be in

I beg to differ, the Ice Climbers are In a totally different situation since they were never meant to be cut at all, you can't relate that to Mach Rider just because they are retro, that logic isn't good arguement and doesn't make sense at all.

If you were talking about Balloon Fighter or Bubbles getting representation in Brawl as fighters then I could believe it but the fact that the Ice Climbers were NEVER intended to be cut just doesn't relate to Mach Rider's situation at hand, again it's possible but only as Sakurai's discretion, I don't see it as impossible but I also don't see it too likely as well.

I'm still awake. :p

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
You mean cut from Melee right? I only said hope, not really much of an argument lol but I did relate them off being retro and having no new game coming out, since the rumor was debunked and all.
Also thoughts on the ATs above?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Star had a nice way of explaining how everything works like a government, even in the gaming industry. Im sure as the creator he has the most power on his game, but has a lot influence through his team. Hopefully the fans have more of a say in things this time around.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So, the only thing going for Mach Rider is some old message where Sakurai said he would be his favorite in Melee, and that Mach Rider could have a pretty cool moveset maybe.

NOT SURE IF ENOUGH. PITY.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I like how, I think, Johnknight brought up how those retro characters that were Trophies werent forgotten. Another reason that gives hope for them

OmegaXXII

I see hints of this phrase all the time, but I wonder how much power he actually possess in the creation of all of the games. Or exactly what he gets to have the final say on things.
Well, seeing as he is the creator of Smash I'd say he is mostly in control of things, of course one can also say that a reputable company like say Level-5 or Sega also play a role as well, seeing as they are 3rd party characters surely Sakurai has 'no real control' over what content the developers want to make, I'm guessing that developers of a certain franchise also establish roles and partake somewhat into what content they want to see in or not, if say Miyamoto wanted a certain character in Smash, Sakurai would most likely consider it, likewise if Miyamoto also feels that a certain character shouldn't be represented then I say it's at Miyamoto's discretion and it's developers whether or not they deem a certain character for Smash, of course Sakurai has most control of things but not entirely for the reasons I stated.

1 Player
Classic
Adventure Mode
All-Star
Target
Multi-man
Events
Training Mode
Homerun

2 Player
Vs
Many option selects
Special Vs
Tournament

Misc
Stage Creation
Control Set-up
Music/Sound
Retro demo?
Trophy

What other features will likely be included, removed or changed?

OmegaXXII

A custom Music option would be nice. :bee:

The way I can see it working would be similar to how Brawl handles it's photos and replays through the SD card system, simply convert any song you want to SSB4's format data, copy it to an SD card, drag and drop, plug in and enjoy. Since hackers have done this with ease why can't developers do so as well?

Also, voice chat and a mic or camera feature would be dandy. :bee:

A custom Music option would be nice. :bee:

The way I can see it working would be similar to how Brawl handles it's photos and replays through the SD card system, simply convert any song you want to SSB4's format data, copy it to an SD card, drag and drop, plug in and enjoy.
If it was any other company, I would think it would be likely. But with Nintendo's consoles have always been rather restrictive. The Wii has the ability to read DVDs, but that option was never allowed.

Having custom music would be like making your own ringtone. Nintendo just doesn't seem to like user customization options.

I'd still be hoping for it though. If not, just hack it anyway lol

OmegaXXII

Yeah, I must say that Nintendo sometimes becomes to restrictive and somewhat old fashioned, times have definetly changed and the gaming market there's always competition, it's a shame that even the Wii-U won't even have a DVD feature, it's shame since the current consoles already have this, it's old technology and Nintendo should step it up IMO.

Also, a survivor mode like All-Star would be nice, but in view it should be more concurrent meaning you aren't allowed to leave tbe stage once you're there, it would be an endurance type of match kinda like Tekken's or Mortal Kombat's, inba similar stance, of course some health would spawn as well.

Also more online feature like leaderboards, a chat like IM or Skypw for example could be implemented and of course less or NO lag at all, hopefully since Sakurai does somewhat have experience with online, he'll learn from his mistakes and improve upon it, I believe he will since SORA will help in development as well, any ideas/suggestions could be addressed to him as well, hopefully that will be the case.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Did everybody go to sleep? :)
You think if Slime gets in (hopefully with Chocobo) the Dragon Quest Hero will make it as an Assist Trophy?
That said, if Chocobo shows up with Slime, which Final Fantasy character makes an AT? I wouldnt jump to Cloud right away, so maybe a Warrior of Light (FF1)? Maybe a Black Mage or someone from FF2, where Chocobo is from? I can see Cloud and the other popular FF characters fighting in a stage in the background with Dragon Q characters :D Did Star or someone already make that Stage Concept? If not, gooo Star! :)

I thought the AT and Stage ideas were pretty interesting, did it catch no attention or has it been brought up before?

I didnt know the Wii U wasnt gonna have DVD. I thought that Nintendo would at least have that by now, I mean HD and no DVD at all? I dont expect a Blu Ray like PS3 but damn at least you wouldnt have to rely on Netflix streaming.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, I must say that Nintendo sometimes becomes to restrictive and somewhat old fashioned, times have definetly changed and the gaming market there's always competition, it's a shame that even the Wii-U won't even have a DVD feature, it's shame since the current consoles already have this, it's old technology and Nintendo should step it up IMO.

Also, a survivor mode like All-Star would be nice, but in view it should be more concurrent meaning you aren't allowed to leave tbe stage once you're there, it would be an endurance type of match kinda like Tekken's or Mortal Kombat's, inba similar stance, of course some health would spawn as well.

Also more online feature like leaderboards, a chat like IM or Skypw for example could be implemented and of course less or NO lag at all, hopefully since Sakurai does somewhat have experience with online, he'll learn from his mistakes and improve upon it, I believe he will since SORA will help in development as well, any ideas/suggestions could be addressed to him as well, hopefully that will be the case.

That'd be pretty fun and challenging especially with 50 or so characters. :)

@y.toonlink- Haven't they always listened to the fans at least to some extent?

OmegaXXII

So, the only thing going for Mach Rider is some old message where Sakurai said he would be his favorite in Melee, and that Mach Rider could have a pretty cool moveset maybe.

NOT SURE IF ENOUGH. PITY.
Pretty much so, if that Mach Rider game would have been true then Mach Riders would have been good or considerable at least, too bad it was debunked and no other relevant info concerning Mach Rider is available so....

I'd still would like to see either Yoshi 3DS or WarioWare or WarioLand lol..

That 3DS announcement is in 3 days so we'll have plenty to discuss, hopefully it's something worth discussing.

I'm still online. Simply wasting time on smash boards until a proper hour.

Isn't there supposed to be a few rumors of released info at the Tokyo Game Show next weekend?

Well, if you're referring to Square itself then I can see where you're coming, Square-Enix however is likely to get a rep, in this case Slime, why you ask? Simple because Dragon Quest as of late has had numerous collaborations with Nintendo thus far, moreso that Dragon Quest has somewhat become exclusive to Nintendo, of course not entirely so but one can see by the library of Dragon Quest games that have been Nintendo exclusives thus far, And to further establish this it seems Dragon Quest X was solely confirmed to be on Wii and Wii-U but not Sony at all, which in turn makes me believe Square-Enix is in close ties with Nintendo thus far, I am not even skeptical about Slime nor the rumored Dragon Quest Hero to be in Smash at this point in time.

I said Square.

I never said getting an SE rep is not likely

Posted in the Snake boards (At last).

You're reached 5000 posts already O_O

lol I come in here and you post over at the Snake boards. It feels like your probation officer or something making sure you check-up frequently lol

Yeah, I need to get around to playing those Wright game at some point.

Woot. 5000 post

Also, TGS is this weekend oddly enough.

lol I come in here and you post over at the Snake boards. It feels like your probation officer or something making sure you check-up frequently lol

Yeah, I need to get around to playing those Wright game at some point.

Woot. 5000 post

Also, TGS is this weekend oddly enough.
The game is reeeeaaaaaaaallyyyyy awesome.

But it has some supernatural things in it

Yeah, there was an ign article about it happening on the 12 for Nintendo (aka monday). So I expect further game announcements and that sort of thing.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, there was an ign article about it happening on the 12 for Nintendo (aka monday). So I expect further game announcements and that sort of thing.
Well did you hear? A new 3DS title will be unveiled on the 13th in a Nintendo conference that will be held in Japan.

OmegaXXII

Phoenix Wright confirmed for Smash!! :awesome:

seriously, that would be the best news ever haha, at least AAI2 would be nice. :p

15K!

OmegaXXII

No, just a joke, it's not actually a game!

I saw the moveset, it's incredible, lol at the judge and his neutral smash move.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No. But popularity is, and as far as I'm concerned a third party character isn't getting in unless they have the sheer scream that Sonic had. Geno definitely doesn't. Heck, Slime doesn't, and neither does Black Mage. I don't even think Megaman does, or ever will.
That is incorrect. The only way third party characters will be included is if the companies themselves, or Nintendo, contact the development team and ask them. Otherwise Sakurai is not going out of his way for any third party character. It has little to do with fan demand, otherwise that would not explain Solid Snake.

Konami/Kojima and Sega; I have no idea how that will play out. If nothing else I am sure Sonic will be the likeliest to return. Which would not be so there is another "Mario and Sonic" title on the horizon. Capcom USA is trying to prod their Japanese offices to get in touch with Sakurai. Hopefully someone such as Ono, who is a fan of the idea, can help push things on that front. SquareEnix is a little trickier but I still lean with Dragon Quest because of not only their own interest but that of Nintendo as well. Considering Dragon Quest X will need some promotion given the lack of enthusiasm with the direction it has taken. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nintendo utilize Super Smash Bros in some fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom