• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

Tin Man

Smash Hero
THE NEW PR

This was definitely the hardest PR update so far. Several players showed inconsistencies while others showed improvement. This ended up in having far too many people in the rotation. We literally have enough people to run a top 20 list with HM's lol. Due to this, we resorted to a stricter criteria so that we can filter out some people and finalize a list.

The PR was created using the last 3 tournaments (SiD 3, Oakville Uproar, SiD 4 (with previous tournaments for reference if need be))

So without further ado, here are the new Southern Ontario Brawl Power Rankings!

Collapsed for suspense ;)

[collapse=1.]Toronto Joe: Wasn't out placed by anyone in Ontario.[/collapse]

[collapse=2.]Tin Man: Only out placed by Joe.[/collapse]

[collapse=3.]Meekspeedy: The difference between him and Hype was his victory (and realistically his attendance) at the Oakville Uproar.[/collapse]

[collapse=4.]Hype: Returned on PR because he help up his placing. He's under meek for attendance purposes.[/collapse]

[collapse=5.]i1337: Despite losing to poke, he beat Cruxis and placed well at SiD 3.[/collapse]

[collapse=6.]Sauc3: Despite losing to cMeDu, he placed well at SiD 4. i1337 placed higher than him at SiD 3 (used a reference due to similar numbers in terms of attendance), and i1337 has the set wins over Sauc3.[/collapse]

[collapse=7.]Iliad: Hasn't placed as well as those above him. Althought he did place well at Oakville Uproar wich gives him the edge over Cruxis[/collapse]

[collapse=8.]Cruxis: Been doing rather poorly, especially with the seeding he's been given. Although he attended every tourney, he's been losing to players ranked lower than him.[/collapse]

[collapse=9.]V115: Placed well at SiD 3 and amazingly at SiD 4. Beat Sauc3 & Iliad, however he lost to Cruxis. That and being unranked before the update places him under Cruxis.[/collapse]

[collapse=10.]Poke: Placed exceptionally well at SiD 3, however placed rather poorly by comparison at SiD 4. These results evened out to a PR placement, as he outshined the HM's but didn't perform better than those above him.[/collapse]

Honorable Mentions:

[collapse=HM]cMeDu: Defeated Sauc3 and placed well at SiD 4.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Gichan: Was originally on the PR, however he attended tourneys. This keeps him as an HM because he didn't place well enough to remain on the PR.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Mr.L: Was originally on the PR, however he attended tourneys. This keeps him as an HM because he didn't place well enough to remain on the PR.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Phiddlesticks: Placed decently at SiD 4 and had a major win, beating Cruxis along the way. Even though Black had the same placing and accomplishment, Phiddlesticks attended the Oakville Uproar, and attendance alone gave him the edge.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Zhao: Placed exceptionally well at SiD 4. His losses are beyond reasonable and his placing proves that. Welcome to Ontario ;).[/collapse]

Drop-outs:

[collapse=Drop-out]JMo/Peachy/Culex: Inactivity[/collapse]

[collapse=Drop-out]Raidos: Got wrecked at SiD 4[/collapse]

And for the 1st time, my personal shoutouts to those not on the list :bee:

[collapse=Shoutout]Black: I personally believe your HM material. You basically did the same as Phiddlesticks so good stuff. Keep up the good work. I think it's cool to have a Yoshi in the scene.[/collapse]

[collapse=Shoutout]Red X: Young prodigy, you've made me proud :). You have the potential, and when your on point, I know you can do well : D.[/collapse]

If I have 2 pieces of advice to everyone. Stay consistent & reach every tourney : D.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Just a reminder to jMo and Peachy, that although you may be off remember that if you return and place well again you receive your spot back. So don't hate...as much lol.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Yay a shoutout :D I'll be coming out as often as possible to make the next PR. Determined to get at least an HM.

Speaking of which, when's the next tourney that highly influences the PR? I know Cruxis has an MK ban on the 1st. Any others in the works?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Red X is definitely the next Kingace he plays like him soo much

and big shoutout to black he is legit definitely caught me off guard, i wanna see him come out more often for sure.

i dont really care about my placing i mean im leaving anyway and wont be back for a while

Cruxis

Smash Lord
kingace dominated our PR for like a year till doc came along then he was second until he quit

and im not gonna be back till late jan

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
kingace dominated our PR for like a year till doc came along then he was second until he quit

and im not gonna be back till late jan

Lol I'll take that comment as a good thing then :D

And wow that's quite a while. Is your MK ban the last tourney you're going to before you leave?

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
congratz to everyone who made it on

also, when is da hype gunna be updated

Gichan

Smash Champion
Oh man, thanks for the suppor guys.

Ok so I have started writing, I've honestly been at it for like 2 or more hours. So that I don't delay for much longer I am going to make the following changes tonight.

1. Rivalries is done and written out. If you guys want something included just post. This applies to anything else, including Current Hypes. Due to Patches' request, I'll write something small over his win on me, even though I'm free status.

2. I removed YorkU casuals from relative links and replaced with A&C Games casuals.

3. Will update Pot monsters.

4. Interview questions have been written out and sent to Pharaoh and Bassem. Bassem said he has time to do it even tonight!

5. I'll try to update vids of PR members.

I'll also tell Michelle if she can do PR update. But....I hate bugging her so much so don't expect it today.

But that does bring me to my next point. Do you guys want, since we have decided on mugshot PR theme, to revert back to old chart for now or continue with Beast Wars theme PR?

Patches

Smash Master
Haha. I was kidding about that Gi, but I do appreciate it. It's something big to me. :p

As for the PR thing. I vote we should go back to what it was till we can get the mugshot pictures taken. With that, I say we take pictures of EVERYONE. Not just PR members, simply because it changes so often, we'll need to take new pictures all the time.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I vote we should go back to what it was till we can get the mugshot pictures taken. With that, I say we take pictures of EVERYONE. Not just PR members, simply because it changes so often, we'll need to take new pictures all the time.
There's some sense in this. And I think the old format would work well with mugshots.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Alright, I did what I could for now. Pot monsters and On The Radar were also updated. Red-X, you should take another look lol.

Michelle will be making a new outline for the next update.

And Dirt, are you going to continue with your sheet in the relative link, or should I remove it?

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I did what I could for now. Pot monsters and On The Radar were also updated. Red-X, you should take another look lol.
Like :D

Can't argue with the MK part, I defs have more respect for players that do well without MK or other A-tier characters (like you and Peachy for example).

Also, don't know if it really matters but at Oakville I faced Meek twice (once in pools and once in brackets) and both times it went to game 3, so if you feel like you could put that in :awesome:

But kidding around aside, seriously good work on the PR and Hype. The effort is not unappreciated.

EDIT: O wow you actually did, I was just kiddin, but thanks man :D

GRAWR. Still not on a rivalry. Come on Gi, I know you want your sweet revenge. (; <3
Lol

Gichan

Smash Champion
Oh ****, you and MPrime, but I definitely put you and Hamilton.

EDIT: AW ****! I had it written down on my paper but I didn't put it in, fuuuucccckk. I'll do write ups for it soon.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
can i have an interview can i can i huh huh i promise i wont make any wombo combo references

Top Bottom