• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetris Tourney (Tournament over! Congratz to kirbyraeg for winning!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Sorry, I read "arena" and that had items when I tried it.
I guess I'm in then.

EDIT: still no. The pieces drop faster at some times than at others and their seems to be no pattern to it. It also seems to have an input queue, meaning that if I press the button too much it keeps moving when I stop. I can't play with these conditions.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
There is no way that some pieces in Tetris fall faster than others and even then you should be hard dropping. And never in my life have I heard the "It also seems to have an input queue, meaning that if I press the button too much it keeps moving when I stop." shenanigan ever.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
that's probably just lag you're seeing -_-
Well if it is it's not the same lag as that I experienced when playing on the town hall wall about a month ago. It may be though...

There is no way that some pieces in Tetris fall faster than others
Hence my problem with it.

and even then you should be hard dropping.
Why would I be hard dropping from the instant they come on screen? Surely I need to atleast see the pieces first?

And never in my life have I heard the "It also seems to have an input queue, meaning that if I press the button too much it keeps moving when I stop." shenanigan ever.
Really? I've experienced it in a couple of other badly coded games in the past, even when there was no regular lag present.

EDIT: I found another Tetris game and it has confirmed that the fall speed issue is just a result of laggy internet but the input queue issue is not present in that game at all. I doubt it's just a result of the multiplayer.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm tempted to enter, but i don't think i will. I'm pretty bad now. Much worse than i used to be, and it's depressing.

But hey, i'll put money on kirbyraeg winning this tournament (seriously though) :)
this^^^^^^^^^^^

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
kenny, you and nick are probably still good enough to beat the majority of the people in the LH, besides t-block and spenser. i think it'd be fun lol. tetris games are short and easy

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol i have only played any of you guys like twice.
i'll see if i remember my login and stuff for tetris friends.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Rofl yeah, I don't remember playing any 1v1s against you guys at all. A few FFA sessions, but that's it

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
actually i will not be entering this tournament. i just played one game on tetrisfriends and i'm done. lol

i have to wait and visually confirm that my input was successful before i can put in the next input.
so slow and i suck bowels.

it sounds fun because i play on nullpomino now and then... but i don't feel like adjusting. :)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
nick, kenny

there are two spots left

just get your ***** in

i'm ******* serious, get your *** **** ***** **** ******* **** ****** *** **** *** *** **** ***** gayballs in butthole eat dude's ballsack

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Nah I played sprint the other day... my first time playing tetris in idk how many months

I am garbage now

Sorry lol

Kantrip

Kantplay
I am more than garbage. In fact, I just put pieces down without thinking sometimes. And I forget to press space sometimes. And I'm really slow. :bee:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
when i play on tetris friends, my timing isn't good enough to get my inputs in so i ****in' blow guys at it. i'm constantly pressing keys and watching half of them or more not do anything.

DIX

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
TetrisFriends Username: sleeperZZZ
Time Zone: central i think? lol whichever one ****ty texas is in

edit: nick... now you're the last piece to the puzzle. just do it and lose instantly like me :)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Haha I actually came back to this thread to join just since you guys needed one extra guy, but it looks like you're good now. I was probably just gonna ragequit after playing terribly anyway so this should work out better haha

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Welcome to the preliminaries! Four groups of four have been randomly generated. Please meet with your groups and play a round robin--play every member in your group in a best of seven set--and be sure to tally who is first through who is fourth in the group. Sound easy? That's because it is.

[collapse=Group A]F8AL
John2k4
T-Block
A Pimp Named Slickback[/collapse]
[collapse=Group B]Terywj
The Paprika Killer
Werekill
LumpyCPU...[/collapse]
[collapse=Group C]Kirbyraeg
Nuris
Fayte Isaac
Ulises3000[/collapse]
[collapse=Group D]Choknater
YarsRevengerson
Kantrip
Psychoace[/collapse]

If you could, results should be posted something like.

[collapse=Group X Results]Andy beats Brian. [4-2]
Andy beats Chris. [4-0]
Andy beats Dave. [4-3]
Brian beats Chris. [4-2]
Brian beats Dave. [4-3]
Chris beats Dave. [4-1][/collapse]

Poor Dave, right?

Remember, this is just to help determine seeding and all that. Get started! You have a TBA amount of time for preliminaries, so get these mathces underway!

John2k4

The End of an Era
If Group A is up for it, I should be on from 8PM EST onwards tomorrow. ;)

Poor Group C, right? :3

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I feel very bad for group C, yes

me AND raptor?

we can make it work as long as it's on sunday or in the evenings in general.

Also, add me on tetrisfriends, cuz yeah

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If Group A is up for it, I should be on from 8PM EST onwards tomorrow. ;)

Poor Group C, right? :3
I'd be up for that.

I feel very bad for group C, yes

me AND raptor?

we can make it work as long as it's on sunday or in the evenings in general.

Also, add me on tetrisfriends, cuz yeah
Me too, I'd hate to be in the same group as kirby. :urg:

Although, I'd rather be in group B. At least Tery put me up against T-Block, not kirby. :awesome:

hiiiiii f8al ^^
FFFFFUUUUUUUUU....I mean:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom