• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
Ive been to a couple of MD/VA tournaments here and there, but didnt place nearly as high as I did in these recent ones, I go to Sova tournaments, but that's probably considered negligible.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Don't get me wrong, don't let anyone tell you that you don't have the potential to be great.

IMHO at the moment, you have some work to put in both results and gameplay to make it there. Based on your videos you still seem very raw. Talented, but raw.

To be fair though, ESAM strikes me as that way too, but he's also one of the best in my mind. I think he's going to be the most scary IC player out of anyone if he gets refined with some of the nuances of the character. That guy wins and gives away stocks all the time lol. It's crazy

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
it depends.. if I can get life and other stuff situated etc, Ill definitely try and convince my parents to let go. As of right now, I think I can get transportation and split housing fees, so that shouldnt be so bad, money is mostly the issue, but yeah, I wouldnt want to disappoint anyone of you guys, thanks Esam and roller for both of your support, you guys definitely made me more confident in my gameplay and skill =)!

DeLux

That time of the month again -

The $Money$ chart so far this year

Ally 2205.5
Vinnie 1272.55
Lain 955
ESAM 873.5
Vex 504
Atomsk 378.5
Swordgard 268
Hylian 226.5
Cheese 215.8
MeroKnight 164.4
DeLux 150.4
Blue Rogue 141
Sin242 132
Sorto 100
H1N1 76
Frank Rizzle 70
GIMR 66
Cura 57
Nuke 50
Arty 49
Smoom 46.2
2D-Jeff 45
Enzo 33
MintyFlesh 27
Dakpo 26
Ninjalink 22.6
Fino 18.9
Tech_Chase 17
Bad Karma 13
darkflame 12
Ori_Bro 10
Kbot 9
Snipa 8
Rubberbandman 8
Prawn 7.5
Ambrose 5

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13646921&postcount=1314

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
That better be cumulative because i haven't seen Ally win any major NY/NJ tournament he's been to in a while...

Roller

Smash Legend
How is Lain that high when he's gone all :metaknight: for most of this year, and has been to barely any tourneys the past few months?

O. nvm. He's Lain. He's always high... :yeahboi:

Xubble

Smash Ace
Following in Tech's footsteps, rofl. I think I'm just a sucker for chaingrabbing. >_>

Happy to be here. Hope I don't noob up the place TOO much.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I'm on everyones boards.
Bowser, a little of both the kongs, ganon, IC, lucario, Puff, PT, yoshi.

Also Lux:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNe3aR5bGc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Episode 1: DI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guz9lSTHJ4o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Episode 2: momentum canceling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecrl_hzvPlM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Episode 3: SDI

I freaking love these videos. Helps me alot with DI.
Except the second video. Momentum canceling is pretty basic lol.
Good job on those to the whole lab.
Very descriptive.

:phone:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I'm actually really excited for episode 4.
What's it on?

It's more helpful to my scrub friends than to me.
They suck so bad.
Cause apparantly playing campy is cheap and edge hogging is noobie.

We'll get there. I hope.

:phone:

Sieguest

Smash Master
Why wasn't quarter-circling mentioned in the 3rd video? Isn't it generally a better option to quarter-circle than to tap?
The long thought idea behind QCDI is only half true is why. Unlike what was commonly believed, QCDI doesn't give three DI inputs in the quarter-circle. With tapping, you can more easily nail 4+ inputs than by actually having to travel a 3/8 circle and barely scrapping 3 (more likely than not only getting the quarter circle in and just getting two inputs).

DeLux

By in large, a full quarter circle would only give you two inputs, not three Guest.

I don't want to tip off more than that though although I think I've told everyone about part 4 that I've spoken to in person at tournament.

Sieguest

Smash Master
By in large, a full quarter circle would only give you two inputs, not three Guest.

I don't want to tip off more than that though although I think I've told everyone about part 4 that I've spoken to in person at tournament.
That's what I said...
The long thought idea behind QCDI is only half true is why. Unlike what was commonly believed, QCDI doesn't give three DI inputs in the quarter-circle. With tapping, you can more easily nail 4+ inputs than by actually having to travel a 3/8 circle and barely scrapping 3 (more likely than not only getting the quarter circle in and just getting two inputs).
-Red and size increases for emphasis of proof.

After highlighting my own post I forgot to mention that the third input from rotating 3/8 of a circle probably wouldn't help all that much either.

DeLux

I read your statement to say that if they got the entire quarter circle off during hitlag it would give 3 inputs with the "3/8th barely scrapping 3" part. I clarified that it doesn't.

Glad we're on the same page then :)

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
so... Ive been thinnking to pick up a secondary, but at this point, I think it is safe to say that my ICs are probably better off on their own. my secondaries (best to worst) go as Lucario, Marth, MK, D3, and debating between pikachu and snake. anyone think these guys are viable by any means? Lucario is my dubs main along with MK :p

Xubble

Smash Ace
Not sure about Luc, but D3 and Marth are good with ICs. They cover each other very well.

I like D3/ICs. Chaingrab Champs! ^_^

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
haha thanks, im definitely dropping pika, he's too hard for me to pick up, and youve gotta be at ESAMs level in order to accomplish anything. Snake meh.. maybe for a doubles secondary once MK gets banned. but yeah, marth/D3 for back ups sounds good to me

DeLux

Having been doing this for the past 3 months, it's actually pretty liberating if you do it.

If you're a hot headed player like myself that rides momentum shifts (read: inconsistent), not letting your opponent get a win on their CP keeps momentum in your favor.

I think I'm at the point now where I've conditioned people in my region to expect the free forfeit on game two after a stock, so at some point soon I'm going to see if I can catch them letting their mental guard down and playing out the game.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
Having been doing this for the past 3 months, it's actually pretty liberating if you do it.

If you're a hot headed player like myself that rides momentum shifts (read: inconsistent), not letting your opponent get a win on their CP keeps momentum in your favor.

I think I'm at the point now where I've conditioned people in my region to expect the free forfeit on game two after a stock, so at some point soon I'm going to see if I can catch them letting their mental guard down and playing out the game.
I see haha. If I feel confident that I can beat my opponent on a hard cp like that, I dont mind going to RC or Brinstar. Or if Im down by a game and am forced to play there, I will. sometimes things can change when you get taken there, you can sometimes end up being the person who outgays your opponent ;)! I just hate it when people take me there just for the hell of it and dont know how to play on either stage

Xubble

Smash Ace
I can tolerate RC, but Brinstar outright pisses me off. I'd rather play on 75m as Ganon against Falco than play on Brinstar.

Top Bottom