• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

X1-12

Smash Champion
@mod - can we make this upcoming night short?
If everyone who has a Night action submits it (or PMs me to say they are not using it) and states that they won't change their mind/are happy for the Night phase to end ASAP then I will end the Night Phase as soon as all actions are in

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
If everyone who has a Night action submits it (or PMs me to say they are not using it) and states that they won't change their mind/are happy for the Night phase to end ASAP then I will end the Night Phase as soon as all actions are in
I'm okay with this.

Request No Twilight

X1-12

Smash Champion
End of D5 Votecount

Raziek [0]
th3kuzinator [0]
Red Ryu [0]
dabuz [0]
Nabe [4] - Raziek, kuz, Inferno, RR
Inferno3044 [0]

Not Voting [2] - dabuz, Nabe

Nabe has been Lynched! Nabe will flip tomorrow morning or as soon as 4 players request no Twilight Phase

X1-12

Smash Champion
Twilight 5 Ends!

Raziek [0]
th3kuzinator [0]
Red Ryu [0]
dabuz [0]
Nabe [4] - Raziek, kuz, Inferno, RR
Inferno3044 [0]

Not Voting [2] - dabuz, Nabe

Nabe (???, Independent Paranoid Abductor) has been Lynched!

T-Block (???, ???) Has been safely returned into the game!

Night 5 Begins! Send in all actions by 13th November at 10AM GMT!

T-block

B2B TST
Ugh... this should be fun. At least my lynch doesn't lose us the game -_-

I am Sharp, Town Motivator, species unclassified. Each Night I can choose one player to target and they will be allowed to perform their action twice. I chose Circus N1 because he was my strongest town read after the scum Xastrn flip. I didn't think his action was all that incredible, but I am not told whether my motivation will allow a double NK (I asked the mod - he refused to divulge the information), so I thought it'd be better to be sure that my target was town. I knew I was going to be the target of Inferno's jail, but I sent in a motivate on Inferno last Night anyways. The motivation comes in the form of an uplifting song.

Breadcrumbed motivator in 130:

T-block said:
You can do it though, Frio! I believe in you :bluejump:
I am also an informed miller, which is why Werekill got a guilty result on me. For those of you unfamiliar with the flavour, Sharp haunts a cave and kills anyone who enters with his song because his soul was cursed. Link heals his soul by playing the Song of Storms - he's actually aligned with good, not that in-game alignment seems to have any bearing on alignment in this game. I know this looks stupidly convenient for me, but look at Werekill's role. I would absolutely expect a miller and/or godfather in a game with a cop that is unrestricted with confirmed sanity, no? I believe the general consensus around these boards is that that kind of role is stupidly strong, ESPECIALLY with a motivator and another investigative-type in Circus. The fact that our protective also roleblocks is nowhere near enough to balance out an unrestricted cop with confirmed sanity.

I thought about claiming miller in my first post, but I think scum tend to have millers on their NK list because it can suggest a power role (as a way of balancing the game, to make the role harder to play, which I definitely think is the case here, since motivator is a pretty damn strong role - it was the case in Gurren Lagann too). I thought it'd be better if I stayed away from being NK'd, so I just crumbed it instead in 48:

T-block said:
Man, I LOVE this game already LOL

vote: Werekill

Nice choice, RR.
In keeping with that line of thought, my lurkish style D1 was partly because I was super busy at school, but largely because I didn't want to be NK'd. Unfortunately, I sided with Xastrn over Circus at the end, mostly because I felt more that Circus was ignoring a lot of things Xastrn said and continually pushing the "you didn't defend yourself" line, which made it look more like scum pushing a mislynch. So yeah, there's that… Bull**** on the claim that I didn't interact with Xastrn though… I actually questioned him quite a bit when I was around, as someone (can't remember where) has already pointed out. Then I was absent for a good while, and when I came back it was the middle of Circus vs Xastrn, and Circus just looked scummier to me at that point.

The only thing that has me confused is how I was abducted by Nabe, because I sure as hell did not target him N1. I'm entertaining the idea of an indy pair, because as kuz said, Nabe was not playing as if he had nothing to lose, even after he claimed indy. In that case, "Paranoid" doesn't mean what we think it means. Indy pair with the hand in the toilet doesn't really make sense though - I'm more inclined to believe that Nabe was alone, and the last mafia did something to mess things up - a role that makes other players do the killing for you? I have no idea… the last mafia is clearly withholding his kill until I get lynched though.

I know I'm a pretty big question mark at the moment, and I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has about my role or what little there has been of my play thus far. I need to re-read some things before I can provide thoughts about where I think this Day should go. Unless you guys are willing to actually lynch someone else, this game is not going to progress until I'm lynched though - nobody is going to die from NK until I get lynched, since there's no reason for mafia not to cash in on this easy mislynch at this point.

T-block

B2B TST
Basically, there's nothing really concrete against me.

The stuff about Xastrn is garbage.

The guilty result is almost a town tell. We've seen nothing from flips or claims that suggests an attempt to balance a sane cop. Do you guys actually think X-1 would include a role like that? Has he ever done so before? In Melee Mafia he had the insight to make it a comparison cop iirc. If not, then why has nobody entertained this idea? Why are we clearing dabuz again? He was jailed on a Night where no NK occurred, and he could easily be godfather - Nabe "cleared" him by hiding behind him, but we know he was lying about his role. kuz, I'm particularly interested to hear why I haven't seen you bring up the possibility of miller/godfather... it's weird that you wouldn't give it any consideration.

Here's some proof that something fishy is going on:

T-block targeted me Night 1, so by extension he wasn't targeting Circus.
If anyone actually believes that I WASN'T the one who motivated Circus after my breadcrumb and everything, speak now so I can tear you apart. I did target Circus N1, so I'm not sure what Nabe is trying to pull here.

Then there's the fact that there were no NKs when I was gone with Acrostic jailed, and no NK when I came back while being jailed, but that's easily explained by mafia wanting to cash in on my mislynch before continuing with the game. They knew Werekill was cop and I was miller as soon as Werekill came out, so with a guilty result on me it allows them to hunt for the indy abductor that they knew existed, knowing that when they lynched him they would have a free mislynch on me. Acrostic's lynch was imminent and probably deemed unavoidable, so there was no point trying to save him. The last mafia then, is likely someone who was not under suspicion during this time, and especially not under suspicion of being abductor.

We have me, Inferno, kuz, Raziek, RR, and dabuz alive toDay. There's no way Inferno is scum because of lack of poison kills after he started jailing Acrostic. I am okay with Raziek being town as well - his play has been consistent, and as scum he'd be smart enough to know that his role alone is not going to clear him (especially with characters like Jim and Kotake flipping mafia); he would have been killing on the Nights Acrostic was being jailed instead of trying to frame me imo... he wouldn't feel safe doing that, especially with Werekill, whom he would know to be town, strongly against him, and other players defending him basically only with flavour. His ability to change races also makes absolutely no sense as a scum power.

I know I'm town, so that leaves dabuz, RR, and kuz. I think dabuz was cleared prematurely - he could easily be godfather, and was jailed on a Night when no NK occurred. Also, look at the way J and Xastrn interacted - J was one of the first to push Xastrn. dabuz revived that push IIRC. This was all on D1. We know J and Xastrn were scum together - it's very possible that they decided to bus Xastrn. Somebody summarize why he's clear, because I can't see any reason to think so. RR is a bit of an unknown, but I've seen nothing wrong with his play. Plus, he's the only Deku, which gives him a few points in my mind. Others are more likely to be scum than he is.

kuz is hella suspect though, and I can think of six reasons why:
  • He is a second Zora VT. There was only one Goron VT and only one Deku VT. There were no human VTs. Doesn't quite fit that there would be two Zora VTs. This is a very minor point, and points at dabuz as much as it points to kuz
  • He pushes the Werekill lynch, but backs off at a time when it was already going to go through. As scum, he would know Werekill was telling the truth about sane cop. Another minor point... almost null, but it's there.
  • He was under virtually no suspicion throughout the game. This aligns well with the idea that he would withhold kills to frame me rather than try to get those kills in to rush to the win. He was in a comfortable position the whole game.
  • He consistently defends Raziek on the basis that Link would not be scum. This is in a game where Jim has already flipped scum while Sakon has claimed to be town. I'm going to assume kuz is a smarter player than this, and that he's probably experienced enough to have been in games where the scum team has been unexpected. He cannot possibly be so sure that Raziek is town based on flavour alone - he is trying to buddy up to Raziek to get him to work with him
  • He gives no consideration to the fact that there may be a miller or a godfather. He has, however, engaged in setup speculation many times throughout this game. In all scenarios, he assumes me to be scum and assumes dabuz to be clear. After Nabe, he is the person in this game I would most expect to realize that there is a very high possibility of a miller/godfather after Werekill's flip. Instead, he poses these assumptions as truth to the rest of you guys. This is incredibly manipulative.
  • Finally, has nobody noted that Acrostic flipped goddamn Mafia SPECIES Poisoner? Circus' role is the only role on the town side that actively has something to do with roles. I think it's safe to assume that Acrostic's poison required knowledge of race to go through. Who died of poison N2? Solid. What did Overswarm do in his post 428? Call for Solid to claim race, which he did.

vote: th3kuzinator

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
While I'm in no way clearing T-Block since I've seen him crumb things like this as scum. I want Kuzi's thoughts.

As well as a personal reason why he didn't unvote Werekill if he got these super townie responses from him.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Well that explains the motivation and the guilty result, but there's one thing missing. Nabe was a paranoid abductor and stated that he abducts anybody that targets him. That means on N1 you targeted Nabe in some way, shape, or form. Care to explain that T-Block?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Are you guys kidding? Lol.

So I just so happened to swing the lynch off Nabe and onto my scummate, I've no killed 3 nights in a row and explain my obvtown behavior all game. Not to mention Tblock visited Nabe N1 for some reason which makes absoluetly no sense with his claim. Hes also played incredibly obvscum, trying to swing the wagon off Xastrn when it came fown to him vs Circus.

Every single thibg about this situation poonts to Tblock being scum and I think we all know who's the actual culprit.

Vote: T-Block

:phone:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Are you guys kidding? Lol.

So I just so happened to swing the lynch off Nabe and onto my scummate, I've no killed 3 nights in a row and explain my obvtown behavior all game. Not to mention Tblock visited Nabe N1 for some reason which makes absoluetly no sense with his claim. Hes also played incredibly obvscum, trying to swing the wagon off Xastrn when it came fown to him vs Circus.

Every single thibg about this situation poonts to Tblock being scum and I think we all know who's the actual culprit.

Well to be fair, Acro probably sent the kill on N3. But I highly doubt you would hide your kills behind my jails instead of just killing me. I just wanna hear T-Block's reason for why he was abducted before I decide to put my vote on him.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Well that explains the motivation and the guilty result, but there's one thing missing. Nabe was a paranoid abductor and stated that he abducts anybody that targets him. That means on N1 you targeted Nabe in some way, shape, or form. Care to explain that T-Block?
And if this wasn't completely obvious, he motivated Circus and killed Nabe both during N1. What type of townie has two different night actions? No one. What type of town motivator is informed that he's a miller? No one.

DO you really think I would have no killed all this time, watching Inferno jail my scummate while he had a poison?

This is like the easiest decision ever.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
How about this.

We lynch T-Block and if he flips town Inferno unconditionally jails me. With the numbers we have a ML and if T-Block is so sure I'm the final scum then me being jailed should win the game for town anyway. If he were town (which he's not by any stretch of the imagination) he should have no problem with this plan because iit guarantees 5town victory while removing him as a question mark.

How about it, T-Block? You ready to die for your faction?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
And if this wasn't completely obvious, he motivated Circus and killed Nabe both during N1. What type of townie has two different night actions? No one. What type of town motivator is informed that he's a miller? No one.

DO you really think I would have no killed all this time, watching Inferno jail my scummate while he had a poison?

I really wanna believe this due to inexperience and I haven't seen a town role in the 2 games I've played that can do 2 actions at once. RR, can you confirm that this is true for the most part?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Kuz's idea makes so much sense that there is no reason to not do it. I don't see why the last scum member would be willing to basically trade lynches with a townie.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Thats not even the question you need to be asking. He claimed he only had one action while its clear he had two. Its a blatant lie because he's scum.

T-block

B2B TST
I said I don't know why I was abducted. Nabe flipped Indy... we can't necessarily trust what he says - paranoid might not mean exactly what we think it means.

What the hell kind of post is this?

a) I don't have two actions
b) What kind of town doctor is informed they're a miller? Nia from Gurenn Lagann =o Are you seriously trying to discredit me by saying my ROLE is improbable?

It's the logical conclusion given the information I have. That's a weak as hell defense too. You want WIFOM bull**** like that? Here's some: why would I choose to send in a kill on D1? J was much more townie, having pushed the Xastrn lynch early, and much less likely to be tracked, or anything to that effect. Wouldn't he be the better choice to perform the NK?

The rest of you guys should at least call for kuz to answer the rest of my points, because it's pretty clear he has chosen to defend himself by discrediting me rather than refuting my case.

How about this.

We lynch T-Block and if he flips town Inferno unconditionally jails me. With the numbers we have a ML and if T-Block is so sure I'm the final scum then me being jailed should win the game for town anyway. If he were town (which he's not by any stretch of the imagination) he should have no problem with this plan because iit guarantees 5town victory while removing him as a question mark.

How about it, T-Block? You ready to die for your faction?
I will make the counter offer, just to show you how easy this is to say. We lynch kuz first. Inferno will obviously jail me. If kuz flips town and there's no NK, we can lynch me the next Day. If he's so sure, this will still net town the victory in the end, right?

kuz style bull**** time: if I were the last scum, what would I possibly gain from making this offer? I would know kuz is town, and it would put me in an impossible situation toMorrow. I don't like wasting my time -_-

Look guys, we're in a pretty damn good situation here, but this is the time to lynch the scummiest player, and I'm trusting at least some of you to see that kuz is manipulating you pretty hard. Mafia clearly has some way of messing around with their kill and he has been pushing the fact that I was abducted hard as a way of incriminating me and avoiding responding to my case. We lynch kuz, then we lynch me if that doesn't win us the game. It just comes down to who you think is actually scummier.

Look at the last two points. I think they're pretty damn strong, and look how he completely avoids responding to them.

I really wanna believe this due to inexperience and I haven't seen a town role in the 2 games I've played that can do 2 actions at once. RR, can you confirm that this is true for the most part?
I've had two night actions as a townie before, but that's irrelevant because I only have one action here.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Are you absolutely ********?

I hosted Gurren Lagann. Nia was not an informed miller doctor. She was just a doctor. Ryker fake claimed miller to stay alive.

Nice try though.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
And yes, your role is improbable, you've been playing scummy as hell, and everything about anything points to you being scum.

Occams Razor amiright?

You would have no problem with my plan is you were town. Too bad you're not.

T-block

B2B TST
I misremembered then. I don't see why informed miller is so ridiculous though.

Not everything points to me bring scum. You think we have unrestricted sane cop then?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Considering we have a player who abducts anyone who targets him and a mafia faction with two kills I'd say a sane cop is more than warranted.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
kuz is hella suspect though, and I can think of six reasons why:
  • He is a second Zora VT. There was only one Goron VT and only one Deku VT. There were no human VTs. Doesn't quite fit that there would be two Zora VTs. This is a very minor point, and points at dabuz as much as it points to kuz

• This isn't scummy at all. If you understand this means absolutely nothing, why even bring it up?

[*]He pushes the Werekill lynch, but backs off at a time when it was already going to go through. As scum, he would know Werekill was telling the truth about sane cop. Another minor point... almost null, but it's there.
    Again, not scummy at all. I tried to switch back to Nabe because I thought Werekill was town from his responses. Again you bring up a point that means absolutely nothing.

[*]He was under virtually no suspicion throughout the game. This aligns well with the idea that he would withhold kills to frame me rather than try to get those kills in to rush to the win. He was in a comfortable position the whole game.
    This isn't scummy at all. By any stretch of the imagination. Like what are you even trying to argue here?

[*]He consistently defends Raziek on the basis that Link would not be scum. This is in a game where Jim has already flipped scum while Sakon has claimed to be town. I'm going to assume kuz is a smarter player than this, and that he's probably experienced enough to have been in games where the scum team has been unexpected. He cannot possibly be so sure that Raziek is town based on flavour alone - he is trying to buddy up to Raziek to get him to work with him
    What a surprise, not scummy at all. Raziek is town as I've stated numerous times and regardless of how I back him up how does that reflect badly on me. Your point that I'm buddying is reaching as **** because you could have made that point against anyone defending anyone else as town. You're just trying to twist the methods I used to defend him into something consistent with the **** you're trying to push to survive.

This case is so egregiously bad.

[*]He gives no consideration to the fact that there may be a miller or a godfather. He has, however, engaged in setup speculation many times throughout this game. In all scenarios, he assumes me to be scum and assumes dabuz to be clear. After Nabe, he is the person in this game I would most expect to realize that there is a very high possibility of a miller/godfather after Werekill's flip. Instead, he poses these assumptions as truth to the rest of you guys. This is incredibly manipulative.
    Setup speculation isn't scummy so thank you again for trying to twist more null tells into scum tells. I find it humorous that you're trying to say I'm scummy for not speculating that there might be a miller or a GF but then say its scummy for me to do setup speculation. Stop being so transparent.

[*]Finally, has nobody noted that Acrostic flipped goddamn Mafia SPECIES Poisoner? Circus' role is the only role on the town side that actively has something to do with roles. I think it's safe to assume that Acrostic's poison required knowledge of race to go through. Who died of poison N2? Solid. What did Overswarm do in his post 428? Call for Solid to claim race, which he did.
This is probably the only thing you have on me, which is hilarious considering OS isn't even in the game to explain why he was trying to figure that out. I'm not OS and I don't know what OS was thinking when he was pushing Solid to race claim. OS wouldn't be so transparent about that if he was scum especially when his scummate would have flipped species poisoner.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
And your point about me using WIFOM makes no sense considering you've been using WIFOM the entire game. Especially to explain your scum read on me. You havn't brought up anything about my actual play, just tried to push null tells as scum tells. You're reaching everywhere to make your case work with your forced scum read and you know it too.

Town has this game won and your flailing isn't going to change that.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Just vote T-Block so we can win this game.

I think this will be a 4 games in a row for town now. Town win streak.

Top Bottom