• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
My only notable problem with the physics is that Falco's SHL still feels weird since the timing is a bit different. Overall, PM feels great for most characters, of course.

Also, Fox's up-throw to up-air might be different since you're fighting characters with different sizes, falling speeds, et cetera.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
... because you have the option of turning off tap jump? :p
I actually find it weird to play with tap jump off now. :o
I used to keep it off all the time in my Brawl days, but I actually based some of my Melee playstyle around using the control stick to jump, so now it feels weird when I have the tap jump off cuz I can't do some of my key stuff.

Just rambling, lol.

:phone:

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
That came out better than I would have expected for an Ike TAS, tbh. Good job.

I'm looking forward to a Lucas TAS; would be sick with all those low DJC aerials.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's problematic to work on a PAL version at the same time as an NTSC version, unfortunately, so we've put off a PAL release until after we're mostly done with the game. =(

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Idea: On the P:M site, where it says

Homebrew Option ZIP (Full Set) April 16th
Homebrew Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe) April 16th
Riivolution Option ZIP (Full Set) April 16th
Riivolution Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe) April 16th
Hackless Wii ZIP (Full Set) April 16th
Hackless Wii ZIP (WiFi-Safe) April 16th
Put the hackless version above the homebrew version. That would probably help some people from accidentally downloading the wrong version.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
So no, Novi, since you are unable to judge the two games from a blank slate (that is to say, without the 10 years of melee to warp your definition of "better" and "smooth"), it is indeed you who has the glasses.
/QUOTE]

Well, I am wearing glasses, I think everybody is depending on the definition. By "glasses" in this case I meant the "hype, new cool thing" glasses where you are excited about things that are new.
Naturally, me and other Melee vets are comparing P:M in a way of Melee being the "golden" standard. Obviously it has everything to do with getting used of new things. That being said, as Falco400 said past in this thread there's still a long laundry list of things to do. P:M isn't a finished game.

The reason I like to play P:M is because there are so many new things and characters, but unfortunately none of my friends seem like it. It's partially because of locked mindset and close mindedness.

jalued

Smash Lord
So no, Novi, since you are unable to judge the two games from a blank slate (that is to say, without the 10 years of melee to warp your definition of "better" and "smooth"), it is indeed you who has the glasses.
/QUOTE]

Well, I am wearing glasses, I think everybody is depending on the definition. By "glasses" in this case I meant the "hype, new cool thing" glasses where you are excited about things that are new.
Naturally, me and other Melee vets are comparing P:M in a way of Melee being the "golden" standard. Obviously it has everything to do with getting used of new things. That being said, as Falco400 said past in this thread there's still a long laundry list of things to do. P:M isn't a finished game.

The reason I like to play P:M is because there are so many new things and characters, but unfortunately none of my friends seem like it. It's partially because of locked mindset and close mindedness.
you could always try adding melee textures to the top tiers, just so they look the same. Alot of the "feel" is aesthetic, so if they look like melee they are more likely to play them.

There are plenty of really good textures on brawlbox (the bowser one seemed to cause freezing though, so i'd not bother with that one)

I still have to introduce my melee friends to PM, I hope they like it...

`dazrin

Smash Champion
***** pleeeez.

Rather have them actually get the bugs out, core engine tweaks, and have them fill out the rest of the roster + MAYBE melee exclusives in pm rather than final smashes tbh lol

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
That was beautiful - I've only seen the one where Falcon runs on the track and Falcon Punches the screen instead of using his car.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
PMBR stickers and "Balloon Popper", as well as the return of Style mode, should be of the highest priority. Then again, I guess that some people actually want to take this party game seriously.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
***** pleeeez.

Rather have them actually get the bugs out, core engine tweaks, and have them fill out the rest of the roster + MAYBE melee exclusives in pm rather than final smashes tbh lol
Oh, i wouldn't prioritize the possibility of final smashes before any of that, either.
Doesn't hurt to dream though, does it?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
all i know is that

if brawl came out and was this

the melee scene would be about the size of the 64 scene during the melee days

this game is amazing

sorry that it can sometimes remind you of the horror that was super smash bros brawl - but it really isn't that XD

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
This one was a little bit hard to come up with, but I hope you enjoy!
http://youtu.be/DKbv-Qt6csI
Those edge cancels o_o

So to add to the epicness of Project M, would you guys be open to adding new final smashes? I am of course talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzLyR1oSdwU&feature=relmfu

PM + badass final smashes = amazing.
I'd be all on making new Final Smashes as long as they're cool, canon and within the realm of possibility. Cinematic Final Smashes wouldn't work amazingly well in Smash since they'd require time manipulation in most instances and you can't get those cool camera angles. Though you can abuse stuff like zooming and with the right graphics it can look pretty good.

I've always wanted to change Falcon's FS his real legendary attack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Not gonna lie, Melee sound effects seriously enhance the aesthetic feel of the game for things like Falcon's knee "THUMP" and he backhand "THACK".

That and without changing around sound effect ID codes in the moveset, Ike's DThrow makes the "THACK" sound when he stomps on them. Way too ****ing awesome. Also, sword hit effects (outside of Ike's club -err, sword) don't sound stupid.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
I tried to put the melee fox sfx and texture hack on my riivolution (standard) sd card and neither worked.. I have put textures on things before through the hackless method, is there something I have to do differently??

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'd rather not see FSes unless they're activated through something that is not lame like a randomized item drop. And once that issue is dealt with, I'd rather see them a bit more balanced. FSes are a long way from being something I'd like to see in the game.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, the Project M xml only specifically reads the designated files from its folders which is why putting textures in there like you would with the hackless/HBC method will not work with Riivolution (yet this method likes to read music from my old HBC method folder...). You don't want to put the brsar under brawlmods/projectm/music, but rather make a new folder under brawlmods named music and put it in there instead.

As a good word of advice in general for Riivolution users, if you want to add any custom content of any type that's not already read by the Project M xml option, you need to create the appropriate folder under just brawlmods instead of placing it where you normally would under pf/insertfoldernamehere.

It's pretty convenient though if you take your SD card to a tournament and need to load up through the Riiv method because you can disable everything except for Project M, leaving the barebones installation package.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Melee sfx make Wolf feel so damn good too. Those sword sfx on his claws are so satisfying, it makes you feel like you're tearing **** up.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I definitely need me some melee sounds...but i've never really worked with riiv. Can someone link me to the sfx pack? I can figure out the rest

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Melee Hit SFX

This doesn't include swing sounds so Marth still sounds super dainty when he swings his sword, but this is overall the most complete package as it uses all of Melee's hit SFX even though there are still more Brawl SFX that this doesn't replace (notably the HRB's hits and Ike's sword). You'll need to download the most recent version of sawndz, but it should take you little to no time to figure out. It's very easy to use.

EDIT: There's no swing SFX yet. After using sawndz and seeing how simple it is to setup, I might try doing those myself sometime this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom