• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah you can't just pick falco/fox push buttons and win anymore, you have to earn your wins

CRAZY

Revven

FrankerZ
also, something i just realized:

lucario can indefinitely upb-wall cling loop. not sure if this is intentional or not (assuming it is since the cling duration decreases each time) but it seems like it could lead to stupid stalling tactics...
Just wanted to address this and say it is not intended. The wall cling out of Up B has been a thorn in our side we haven't been able to outright remove (though we want to) but due to being unable to figure out a way to remove it from that specifically in time for Demo 2 it was left alone.

Don't be surprised if in the future this gets dealt with handily.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Just wanted to address this and say it is not intended. The wall cling out of Up B has been a thorn in our side we haven't been able to outright remove (though we want to) but due to being unable to figure out a way to remove it from that specifically in time for Demo 2 it was left alone.

Don't be surprised if in the future this gets dealt with handily.
ah. i wouldn't be surprised, which is why i was asking : o good to know that i won't need to work on my ****ish stalling game with lucaryu now!

kaizo13

Smash Champion
god dammit, I just fell in love with yet another character....make it stop please!

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
yeah you can't just pick falco/fox push buttons and win anymore, you have to earn your wins
You never could

yet you still can

What I meant is that some technical things seem easier, like multishining with spacies.
I haven't played enough to make such staments though, a lot of things are just impressions and "feel" related (not very useful as feedback).

Anyway, I just utilt->bair->firespike combo'd a ****ing cpu with Tlink

**** yea

Haha, the PMBR has received enough balsam for wounds already,
it's time for harsh criticism

I'm planning to do a "first impressions/critique"-video this week with a Melee vet friend who hasn't tried out the Demo 2 yet. Hopefully we get something useful recorded so you can keep on making this game even more amazing.

Because it doesn't match the Melee standard yet

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So pika's bair is just sex.

Not a huge fan of charzard, not like he is bad or anything i just didnt dig him

Wolf was cool and felt good

Sonic: meh not for me

Pit: liked him didnt play him enough

ROB: thought i would like him but didnt

Zelda: i am a fan

DDD: he kinda did feel brawlish but i liked him and i could see how people who play brawl might be able to use him to transition into this game

Dk: liked him, loved the dash attack

I played more characters but as first impressions go those r the characters that stuck with me. (And lucario but i mentioned him in a diff post)

:phone:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
You never could

yet you still can

What I meant is that some technical things seem easier, like multishining with spacies.
I haven't played enough to make such staments though, a lot of things are just impressions and "feel" related (not very useful as feedback).
fox feels easier to play for me simply because his SH and wave-dash are a lot easier to do.

Magus told me that Brawl reads jump button release differently than Melee, making it easier to do some of the strict timing techs that fox had in melee. And this goes for all character. He said it could possibly be fixed, but that it would take a lot of work for something not so important.

but how is making Melee characters feel like their melee selves not important? this should definitely be on the to-do list

Ecks

Smash Lord
Lucario definitively takes some time to get used to. But man can he make some crazy stuff happen once you do.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
fox feels easier to play for me simply because his SH and wave-dash are a lot easier to do.

Magus told me that Brawl reads jump button release differently than Melee, making it easier to do some of the strict timing techs that fox had in melee. And this goes for all character. He said it was possible to fix but that it would take a lot of work for something not so important.

but how is making Melee characters feel like their melee selves not important? this should definitely be on the to-do list

Maybe it's "not so important" considering how many things there are still left to do.
But still, "minor" things such as light shielding and "easiness" are actually big factors that determine "the feel" as a whole. People have been playing Melee for over 10 years now, those "small" things are "huge" things.

The reason I'm extremely critical could be because I'm an ******* who doesn't appreciate the work of the PMBR.

Or it could be because I have very high hopes and expectations of P:M being the true successor of Melee, the next game we are going to be playing after 10 years, perhaps a link bringing the FCG and SC closer together.

In short, I hope that P:M will be the future of Smash.

I have ZERO interest in Smash 4. I don't care about Brawl of SSB64. Only thing I care about is Melee.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Nah, it wasn't aha.

I didn't really think Link was some kind-of S Tier beast, I was just really impressed with him.

Lucario was a favourite, the Melee top tiers saw some play as well as Zelda and Lucas.

We were all just messing around, but tournaments will definitely happen regularly from now on so we'll get results that actually mean something in the future :)
Where are these tournaments?

Revven

FrankerZ

Magus told me that Brawl reads jump button release differently than Melee, making it easier to do some of the strict timing techs that fox had in melee. And this goes for all character. He said it could possibly be fixed, but that it would take a lot of work for something not so important.

Anything involving getting the 'feel' right is important, however the level of importance and priority is different for each thing. Let me paint an example for you:

Stage Collision Detection is still riddled with bugs unfixed (but temporarily dealt with, as you know). Priority-wise, this is far more important to get fixed completely before moving onto something smaller like making the jump button "harder" to recognize for short hops.

Another example: Getting the powershield mechanics to be nigh-perfect or identical would be much higher priority than making the jump button "harder" to recognize for short hops. Powershielding effects gameplay much moreso than not being able to short-hop perfectly with certain characters all the time.

I hope you understand better. Everything we want to change is important, there are just many things that are of much higher priority, it also depends on how much we know about the coding to be able to change them. If Magus doesn't know a whole lot about changing how "hard" short hops are to be recognized from the jump button, but knows a ton more about say powershield coding, he's going to for sure prioritize the powershielding over the jumps.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Maybe it's "not so important" considering how many things there are still left to do.
as long as it's on the back-burner i'm cool. I'm aware that you guys still have plenty of other things to work on.

@Smk^

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Lucario definitively takes some time to get used to. But man can he make some crazy stuff happen once you do.
i realized on accident that you can usmash-b(very quickly)-shield and effectively get ragna's rc-ed srk. been working on timing utilt-usmash-b into a grab for about the last half hour or so. if you dthrow and get a fair-forward b it's something like... 67 damage? nutty ;x

he still has trouble killing, but when you can get someone into kill percent off of one combo...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Lucario's Bair is a pretty decent KO move and hit-confirming into FSmash or DSmash is really nice too. While it's a bit risky, you could also edgeguard with Nair and cancel into Double Team or Extreme Speed if you land it.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
his bair and nair aren't bad, but they're not great. certainly his easier to land options. so far, the best luck i've had for kills is to get the computer off the side and gimp with some fairs into long a range upb recovery.

the f and dsmashes are kind hard to just outright cancel into, since they're so much laggier, but i can see training a human opponent into di-ing for usmash chains and then getting them with an fsmash that is now poorly di-ed.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Lucario's Bair is a pretty decent KO move and hit-confirming into FSmash or DSmash is really nice too. While it's a bit risky, you could also edgeguard with Nair and cancel into Double Team or Extreme Speed if you land it.
to Lucario players

have you tried up-b'ing to the ledge, dragging your opponent with you, and then ledge hopping to side-b meteor/spike? ledge hop nair/bair works well also depending on your opponents reaction to suddenly being dragged offstage.

note that holding straight down from up-b always goes to the right, so to up-b sweetspot the left ledge simply hold down and left. I found it to be a reliable tactic for quickly getting your opponent offstage and leaving you in a dominant position. the best thing about it is that it works at any % since up-b has set knockback, so as long as your opponent is near the ledge this is a deadly tactic ;)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Unfortunately, I'm not the most creative person because I'd like to come up with some really cool tricks myself.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
note that holding straight down from up-b always goes to the right, so to up-b sweetspot the left ledge simply hold down and left. I found it to be a reliable tactic for quickly getting your opponent offstage and leaving you in a dominant position. the best thing about it is that it works at any % since up-b has set knockback, so as long as your opponent is near the ledge this is a deadly tactic ;)
You mean... Extremehogging? That's been known since early vBrawl days >.>

I'm surprised that hardly anyone has brought it up, though. Lucario:M can make pretty good use out of it.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Falco, maybe? Wolf and Fox generally have better options -- and neither will be in a position to do something "gamebreaking", such as setting up an infinite, or guaranteed 0-death combo, if they do manage to get a footstool off.

Then again, I'm not going to eliminate the possibility that shine --> footstool is just a lulzy joke combo with very little reward. Sooo... yeah. Oh, and since we're on the topic of footstooling -- Lucario can DA --> Usmash --> Footstool --> Dair at low %'s, for a lulzy 35%~

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know about this;

Jordo from SmashMods said:
I noticed there wasn't really an organized thread of players by region/state etc., or an easy way to see who lives where. Since it seems no one really wants to maintain a thread like that, I figured a Google Docs Form / Spreadsheet should fix the problem of needing someone to maintain it.

Please fill out the Form first, only edit the spreadsheet if you make a mistake/need to change something:

Project: M Player Finder Google Form

To view those who have filled it out, see the spreadsheet below:

Spreadsheet of Project: M Player Finder
Link to thread: http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-3922.html
Please fill it out to help expand the PM scene :)

Also, Lucario mains should start coming up with new terms so its easier to discuss lucario things. Simple things like ASC (aura sphere cancel) would help a little.

Also, for those of you who have not seen the IGN Project M commentary video, here's a clip of the best part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTRpTIFm8bk

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
FFFFFFFFFFF everybody is North American ): even with great internet I'll lag for distance and ping reasons :<

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Then again, I'm not going to eliminate the possibility that shine --> footstool is just a lulzy joke combo with very little reward. Sooo... yeah. Oh, and since we're on the topic of footstooling -- Lucario can DA --> Usmash --> Footstool --> Dair at low %'s, for a lulzy 35%~
i found that earlier, it is lulzy : D lucario's jump cancel on usmash leads to all kinds of fun.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
My brother and I got P:M a couple days ago, and I must say I'm very impressed with the results so far!

Ike seems really REALLY easy to play right now XD, he's got so much combo potential it's scary! Also, I'm glad his sideB is still not that good, makes his whole recovery game worse to balance out his comboing ability.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Can somebody explain to me how to get the 1 hit ko with ike? I know its charge the side b till u glow red but what do u press when inside your opponent to get the 1 hit ko to work?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Fox can do it as well but the timing is much more strict.

Ike's instant KO is pretty much the same as Fiona's MISHUTY CHAIN. Charge it up until he released by himself, then press attack at the exact frame needed. Well, it's not a frame as much as it is a hitbox alignment.

iLink

Smash Champion
I can waveshine just fine with Fox

Falco, maybe? Wolf and Fox generally have better options -- and neither will be in a position to do something "gamebreaking", such as setting up an infinite, or guaranteed 0-death combo, if they do manage to get a footstool off.

I totally forgot footstools existed

Why stop there when you can cancel dair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom