• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
For the people who are complaining about DK.

Play him and do well. I mean it's a simple concept. He drops because he has no representation outside of about 2 people. You can't even complain for a character who sees little play and think that he will remain where he is.
But I like G&W D:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Sauce: http://community.us.playstation.com...-No-Crash-of-the-Titans-garbage/td-p/38915905

Tiny is a slow moving character on the ground, as slow as Radec due to his small legs. He has very strong jumping strength, though, especially his first jump.

Neutral Square: Tiny takes out his trident from his fight in Warped and stabs it forward for a nice range attack high speed attack. Doesn’t build much meter.

Side Square: Tiny throws his trident forwards in a lobbing arc similar to Sweet Tooth’s machete, but with twice as much range. As the trident goes up, it just does some knockback and slight AP build, but when it goes down anybody hit by it will get skewered by the trident and get pinned against the ground on contact with it, building more AP and leaving them stunned for a bit.

Tiny must go pick up his trident before he can use any square button attacks again. If he rips it out of the ground while a foe is still impaled, he’ll build even more AP, but this is difficult in FFA.

Up Square: Tiny swings his trident over his head for a very nice and quick defensive hitbox over his head. Not much AP is built from this.

Down Square: Tiny swings his trident around himself in a circle for as long as you hold down square. Tiny can very slowly move left and right while swinging like this, and while this only gives you an average amount of AP does massive knockback to enemies.

Down Triangle: Tiny rips out a chunk of the ground from the stage. If you use this move with a chunk of ground already in your hands, Tiny will slam it against the ground in front of him, causing anybody directly hit to get buried in the ground and take some stun. The ground chunk gets smashed into several pieces as it gets slammed and get shot out at various arcs around Tiny, doing small hits to get Tiny some extra AP in a FFA or to graze somebody who dodged the main attack.

Side Triangle: Tiny does a shoulder charge forwards, similar to Kratos’ charge. Any attacks done to Tiny from the front will not knock him out of this attack or do any stun to him, but will still build AP. Contact with Tiny’s shoulder deals large knockback and builds up sizable AP for Tiny. Due to how slow Tiny is, this is actually a good bit faster than Tiny’s normal movement speed.

If Tiny is holding a ground chunk when he uses this attack, he only moves at his normal slow speed, but is completely invulnerable from the front. As an added bonus, if Tiny sandwiches an enemy between the ground chunk and a wall, they will get smashed into the wall for extra stun. This will also cause the ground chunk to get shattered into several pieces, much like in the down triangle.

Up Triangle: Tiny does a massive leap into the air even greater than his first jump, doing slight knockback and building slight AP on contact with enemies, before crashing down to the ground at very fast speeds. Tiny can move to the left and right as he goes up and down, but has less control on the way down. Contact with Tiny as he goes down does significantly more knockback and builds lots of AP.

If Tiny has a ground chunk, the first part of the move is performed normally, but for the second half Tiny kicks the ground chunk to the ground, staying up in the air where he was. The ground chunk is just as powerful as Tiny is when he kicks down, and will also stun anybody and bury them in the ground slightly if they get smashed against the ground by it. The ground chunk will as usual shatter on contact with the ground, the debris getting knocked every which way as weak projectiles. Tiny cannot use this move again until touching the ground.

Neutral Triangle: Tiny very slowly pounds the ground next to himself. This is Tiny’s biggest AP builder, but you’re unlikely to hit with this. A small amount of ground in front of Tiny becomes a hitbox, though, knocking enemies up with huge knockback and building less but still a strong amount of AP.

With a ground chunk, Tiny holds it in front of himself at a diagonal downwards angle before simply flipping it up, building slight AP quite quickly, but still doing very strong upwards knockback. If you launch your target into another enemy, you will build more AP. This attack is Tiny’s only one that uses his ground chunk without destroying it.

Neutral Circle: Tiny flexes, occasionally kissing his muscles. If he is attacked during this animation, he will go into a cartoonish dust cloud slightly larger than he is, sucking any foes within a character width of him. Tiny will constantly build AP inside the dust cloud for a full second, able to move it about at 1.5X his movement speed left and right, even able to make it jump. Any characters who come in contact with the dust cloud will also get sucked in, though they can attack it with ranged attacks to build AP. Once the second is up, any characters inside the dust cloud will get knocked out in a direction of Tiny’s choosing, dealing knockback and building Tiny AP if they hit other foes. Tiny has a fair bit of ending lag coming out of the dust cloud.

Side Circle: Tiny scrapes his claws along the ground. This does minimal AP and is only average speed, but has good range and specifically pulls enemies in to be right up against Tiny. Foes will typically attack you if you bring them to your face, making them prime fodder for the Neutral Circle counter.

Up Circle: Tiny chomps above himself. On the ground, this is a more powerful and bigger AP builder alternative to up square that covers less space. In the air, Tiny will hold his grip on the foe after he chomps them, dragging them down to the ground before throwing them out of his teeth to the ground violently. Tiny builds AP periodically this way the longer he drags them to the ground, so if you drag down an especially high foe you’ll get lots of AP.

Down Circle: Tiny pounds the ground in front of him with his fists for as long as you hold the button. This causes a good chunk of the ground in front of Tiny to become a hitbox, doing slight upwards knockback and building an average amount of AP. The amount of ground affected is about the same amount as the portion of the Hades stage on either side that gets caved in. This attack will affect ground so long as it’s connected to the ground Tiny is pounding, meaning you can hit characters at an elevation above or below you much like the little destroyed portions of the Hades stage. This attack is very good for hitting multiple enemies at once, and builds AP fast in such situations.

In the air, Tiny will fall to the ground with his fist before pounding it, his fist of course dealing downwards knockback and building some AP on the way down. If he falls further down, the range in front of him he affects with his earthshaking will increase. With Tiny’s great jumps and the Up Triangle, you can potentially affect the entire stage.

Grab: Tiny turns to the screen and reaches out his arms both ways, potentially able to grab two enemies. His throw involves throwing them in the desired direction in a fairly standard manner, doing more knockback than knocking AP out of foes. If he grabs a second foe, though, he’ll throw the second foe after the first, but more forcefully so that they catch up to the first one. When the two foes collide, they’ll both drop significantly more AP for Tiny to pick up. If Tiny has a ground chunk, he can only grab one foe, but he will throw it after the foe to knock more AP out of them automatically. The ground chunk will shatter as always on contact with something solid, the debris becoming turning into several short range projectiles.

Level 1 Super: Tiny dashes forward in an attempt to grab a foe like Sweet Tooth’s level 1. If successful, he will bend out their legs before throwing them in whatever direction you input for massive knockback. When the grabbed foe comes in contact with a wall or something else solid, they will get KO’d. If the thrown foe hits anyone else, they will also be KO’d. Foes can survive the throw if you don’t throw them at a wall or the ground or something.

Level 2 Super: Tiny does a massive roar that lasts for 3 seconds, invulnerable during it. The size of “wind hitbox” created by this roar is identical in size to Radec’s level 2, but the wind hitbox does not instantly kill foes. Instead, it pushes them back very forcefully to the end of the hitbox. If foes are roared into any solid object, AKA a wall, they will get KO’d.

Level 3 Super: Tiny dons his gladiator hat from Crash 3 before lions start running in from the background for a good 10 seconds. The lions come in at several set points and KO foes on contact, but Tiny is immune to them and can knock enemies into them quite easily. Moves like the dust cloud from Down Circle and the Side Triangle charge are commended.

smashbot226

Smash Master
For the people who are complaining about DK.

Play him and do well. I mean it's a simple concept. He drops because he has no representation outside of about 2 people. You can't even complain for a character who sees little play and think that he will remain where he is.
Okay. I can look up locales for tourneys for Brawl. Only issue is that the scene in Denver is 100% dead from what I hear and I have no money or vehicles for travel.

I have a paypal if you're willing to let me back your words up, however.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
"Old results do not really affect the current metagame though... sooo yeah"

Not necessarily. The point though is to weed out things that come and go for just a bit, AKA fads, and reward a more consistant performance. Then again, I suppose I may be overestimating how often a new tier list is put out?
Indeed. He means weeding out fads like the entirety of the Smash Back Room deciding to become weeaboos who just adore Olimar.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You can think of it this way--

The tier list is a representation of how much weight that character has on the metagame. If very few people are making waves with a character, it doesn't really matter how good they may or may not be, since they aren't affecting the metagame if they're not winning stuff.

C.J.

Smash Master
10/10 Troll.

The only people who want Sonic higher than DK are furries - just saying.
Or the people that took the time to DL the excel file and look at the fact that DK's MU numbers are about as good as Ness's and that DK's results/usage is lacking.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Or the people that took the time to DL the excel file and look at the fact that DK's MU numbers are about as good as Ness's and that DK's results/usage is lacking.
I kinda find a lot of DK's MU numbers odd and wonder how they are calc'd, though. DK should be at least even vs. G&W, DK -1 vs. PT is extremely silly unless someone can tell me something I'm missing, Ganondorf and Ness MUs are too low even if that's irrelevant to higher play, Mario is much more than a +1 (Mario has little going for him in that MU, though I only know one competitive DK main personally), everyone seems to tell me DK vs. Lucario should be more in DK's favor but admittedly I've never seen that...tl;dr I am wondering how MUs are calculated.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just popping in to let you all know you made yourselves an even bigger joke, didn't think it was possible but props to you BBR.

A tier list should be based on one thing and one thing alone- results.

C.J.

Smash Master
Indeed. He means weeding out fads like the entirety of the Smash Back Room deciding to become weeaboos who just adore Olimar.
Or your just salty and incapable of objective thought because you're in a delusional state where you think you know best.
Seriously, DL the excel sheet. Oli has a top 4 MU spread (weighted) and has beaten out MK in results/usage.

I disagree with Falco and Marth both being below Snake. Also IC's are too high...
Why are IC too high? And Falco/Marth/Pika/Snake are fairly interchangeable imo.

You can think of it this way--

The tier list is a representation of how much weight that character has on the metagame. If very few people are making waves with a character, it doesn't really matter how good they may or may not be, since they aren't affecting the metagame if they're not winning stuff.
I love you

is GnW's drop due to results? or something else
G&W and those around him have similar MU numbers (weighted) and similar results (other than Wolf who has the best results/usage around that point). So, it's more like Wolf went above him from results and G&W went down one from votes.

C.J.

Smash Master
I kinda find a lot of DK's MU numbers odd and wonder how they are calc'd, though. DK should be at least even vs. G&W, DK -1 vs. PT is extremely silly unless someone can tell me something I'm missing, Ganondorf and Ness MUs are too low even if that's irrelevant to higher play, Mario is much more than a +1 (Mario has little going for him in that MU, though I only know one competitive DK main personally), everyone seems to tell me DK vs. Lucario should be more in DK's favor but admittedly I've never seen that...tl;dr I am wondering how MUs are calculated.
MU's are calculated between two panels of people from each of the character's players who debate the MU and come to a conclusion. I wasn't a part of that so I can't say much more on that. DK vs PT, I know, is Reflex's doing however. Ask him directly.

Just popping in to let you all know you made yourselves an even bigger joke, didn't think it was possible but props to you BBR.

A tier list should be based on one thing and one thing alone- results.
Except of course if you're any other fighting game on the planet where it's based on MUs.

Come to think of it, aren't you the one who was just celebrating traditional fighting game communities for how they do things?

Not that that isn't a way of doing a tier list, but it isn't the ONLY way to "correctly" make one. Thinking otherwise is just your bias.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ivysaur takes a dump on him?

I would have thought Charizard would be the biggest issue(And Squirtle the least).
Yeah; so many of Ivysaur's mechanics coincidentally outright counter a lot of DK's optimal gameplan. Bullet Seed catches his tilts on reaction, DK's bad shield allows Ivysaur's multi-hit moves and low Bullet Seed start-up hitbox to shieldpoke easily, Ivysaur edgeguards DK really well, and DK has trouble applying pressure due to Ivysaur's weirdly-positioned spacing game.

Charizard does well, but, I would say it's only a slight advantage for him. Weird as it might sounds, Charizard vs. DK is often like playing a Charizard ditto or DK ditto; they're very similar characters.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
1 word FrozenRoy

Bullet Seed.
Yes, that was the primary reason I figured Ivysaur was bad, I just thought Charizard would be worse and that Bullet Seed alone would not be enough to topple the matchup. I could be wrong though ofc, everything I know about DK mains I basically get from DK players, who probably have bias.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
MU's are calculated between two panels of people from each of the character's players who debate the MU and come to a conclusion. I wasn't a part of that so I can't say much more on that. DK vs PT, I know, is Reflex's doing however. Ask him directly.
Huh, okay.

Maybe one day I can be a good enough G&W player to be considered for it. Hopes, heh.

Laem

Smash Champion
Holy **** CJ is just destroying some people right now cough Supreme Dirt cough

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And being classy with it at the same time.
CJ is most probably the most educated person in he BBR. CJ4prez.

C.J.

Smash Master
And being classy with it at the same time.
CJ is most probably the most educated person in he BBR. CJ4prez.
<3 you guys.
I'm going to dinner and then studying for exams, don't let them get too out of hand =p

Any shift in position +/- 3 or more should get a writeup.
Write-ups are being worked on

Snake 5th, YESSSS my life is complete.

o crap I just noticed I didnt participate in the BBR.whoops
We didn't need you anyway!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
*Looks at Snake & Olimar's placements*
I'm not that big of a Tier guy but DAAYYYUUMM!
TL still rockin' High! <3

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Edit: didn't fully read the red

Still wondering if people wil opt to not include borderline in mid tier events now

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I was reading the Money Chart and was wondering how did Yoshi move above Ness when less Ness mains are making more money than the Yoshies? (Not complaining, just wondering)

I think one of the problems with having Sheilda as a separate character from sheik is that, if you go sheilda in 1 set... that's all that gets put down, and even if you go solo Sheik people still put sheilda because "you retained the option to go zelda." Like there's no clear line about what constitutes as being a sheilda opposed to a solo Sheik. Imo sheilda just shouldn't be considered a character. It's not like sheilda is even some medium between the two characters, pretty much only sheik mains transform into zelda, zelda mains don't ever go sheik mid match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom