• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I think one of the problems with having Sheilda as a separate character from sheik is that, if you go sheilda in 1 set... that's all that gets put down, and even if you go solo Sheik people still put sheilda because "you retained the option to go zelda." Like there's no clear line about what constitutes as being a sheilda opposed to a solo Sheik. Imo sheilda just shouldn't be considered a character. It's not like sheilda is even some medium between the two characters, pretty much only sheik mains transform into zelda, zelda mains don't ever go sheik mid match.
Should either not be a character, or only count the whole and not its parts as they "still have the option to change characters".
I'm okay with considering all 3 options, but there is no way to tell their usage...

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
A lot of characters didn't move this time, I was expecting a little bit more of a change but the only characters with a lot of movement were Olimar, Luigi, and DK. Speaking of I'm surprised Luigi went down that much. Below Pokemon Trainer? I'm not so sure about that...

The top tier looks accurate, however.

Should either not be a character, or only count the whole and not its parts as they "still have the option to change characters".
I'm okay with considering all 3 options, but there is no way to tell their usage...
I think that sheilda should just be replaced with sheik. It's not the zelda's switching to sheik... it's the sheik mains primarily using sheik then going zelda to land 1 move. Or against Pikachu to take 50% to avoid the CG.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Happy to finally see ZSS in a spot I can agree with (ie she's not below Dedede anymore)
Happy to see Ness and Yoshi above Luigi, Luigi is terrible

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I was reading the Money Chart and was wondering how did Yoshi move above Ness when less Ness mains are making more money than the Yoshies? (Not complaining, just wondering)
The Success and Popularity chart only factored in 10% of the placement, from what I was told. Most of the influence came from BBR votes and MUs.

I think one of the problems with having Sheilda as a separate character from sheik is that, if you go sheilda in 1 set... that's all that gets put down, and even if you go solo Sheik people still put sheilda because "you retained the option to go zelda." Like there's no clear line about what constitutes as being a sheilda opposed to a solo Sheik. Imo sheilda just shouldn't be considered a character. It's not like sheilda is even some medium between the two characters, pretty much only sheik mains transform into zelda, zelda mains don't ever go sheik mid match.
But then you have those Zeldas who consistently go full Shiek for their +4 on Ganon and +3 on Fox. Shouldn't those Zeldas be counted as Shieldas since they're taking advantage of the best parts of both Zelda's and Shiek's MUs (basically Shielda's MUs).

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I was going to type something funny, but I'm too lazy. I just thought I'd stop by for my obligatory "ZSS #10 like SFP called in 2009" post and leave.

The incredibly ironic thing for me is that I now feel ZSS isn't that good and is placed too high. I just have to be contrary at all times it seems!

Just cast Dedede down into the depths of mid tier where he belongs and we have a pretty good list.

Browny

Smash Hater
also shielda will never have the same success as ike or sonic. not in this lifetime, universe or multiverse.

BioDG

Smash Ace
ZSS is where she needs to be. She was too low before and now I agree with where she is.

Other than that, this is an...interesting list to say the least.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
also shielda will never have the same success as ike or sonic. not in this lifetime, universe or multiverse.
She will, though, because Sheik is about as good as the other two characters you mentioned.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
The Success and Popularity chart only factored in 10% of the placement, from what I was told. Most of the influence came from BBR votes and MUs.
That definitely makes since, thanks.

A lot of characters didn't move this time, I was expecting a little bit more of a change but the only characters with a lot of movement were Olimar, Luigi, and DK. Speaking of I'm surprised Luigi went down that much. Below Pokemon Trainer? I'm not so sure about that...
I never had too much trouble fighting PM Trainers, but Charizard and Ivysaur do have a better range game than Luigi. It's best for them to play safe against Luigi, but it's like 60:40 in PM Trainer's favor.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I never had too much trouble fighting PM Trainers, but Charizard and Ivysaur do have a better range game than Luigi. It's best for them to play safe against Luigi, but it's like 60:40 in PM Trainer's favor.
Head-to-head matchups have nothing to do with where a character is on the tier list. It's about how the character does against the cast as a whole, with more emphasis placed on the higher characters than the lower characters.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Wtf those tier names. REQUESTING A CHANGE

Borderline should be called mid
Mid should be called low
Low should be called bottom

It makes more sense. :colorful:

:053:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
The borderline tier needs to be called the " We Love Pit " tier.

I'm suprised Fox only got a -1.

C.J.

Smash Master
If he only he didn't main marth... he would be the perfect member :awesome:
Go away

Soon even Pikachu will be higher than Snake!
Possibly I guess

Subscribing to the idiocy that will obviously ensue here

:phone:
=(

I was reading the Money Chart and was wondering how did Yoshi move above Ness when less Ness mains are making more money than the Yoshies? (Not complaining, just wondering)
Results/usage accounted for 12% of the list. DL the excel file and look at the MU numbers. There's a pretty big difference between the two. The rest is based on BBR members' votes.

But Marth is so easy @_@ And I'm the ****ing Pikachu main.
Exactly, you're a pikachu. Most good Marth's are really good vs MK.

Happy to finally see ZSS in a spot I can agree with (ie she's not below Dedede anymore)
Happy to see Ness and Yoshi above Luigi, Luigi is terrible
Agreed completely. Luigi needed to go down.

But then you have those Zeldas who consistently go full Shiek for their +4 on Ganon and +3 on Fox. Shouldn't those Zeldas be counted as Shieldas since they're taking advantage of the best parts of both Zelda's and Shiek's MUs (basically Shielda's MUs).
12%
And Sheilda. Given the new way of doing the tierlist, I think Sheik should be the new sheilda and sheilda being done away with.

lol

olimar mains have only ever done well coz hes broken as ****. this just confirms it to a degree. hes been #2 since day 1.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240143
lol, called it 3 years ago
I still think IC > Olimar

I was going to type something funny, but I'm too lazy. I just thought I'd stop by for my obligatory "ZSS #10 like SFP called in 2009" post and leave.

The incredibly ironic thing for me is that I now feel ZSS isn't that good and is placed too high. I just have to be contrary at all times it seems!

Just cast Dedede down into the depths of mid tier where he belongs and we have a pretty good list.
Make a new picture?

Wtf those tier names. REQUESTING A CHANGE

Borderline should be called mid
Mid should be called low
Low should be called bottom

It makes more sense. :colorful:

:053:
It should all just be done like Sethlon's.

Go away bored, I like this being calm.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)

The top tier looks accurate, however.
ICs, Pit, and ZSS moved up quite a bit, too, you know.

I think that sheilda should just be replaced with sheik. It's not the zelda's switching to sheik... it's the sheik mains primarily using sheik then going zelda to land 1 move. Or against Pikachu to take 50% to avoid the CG.
Well, Sheilda must be pretty important in some caes, cuz Zelda loses to D3, Sheik goes even with him, but Sheilda beats him.

Neon!

Smash Lord
DK has never placed well in any type of national ever. Sonic has two of the top 6 in MLG...that is better than has ever done and probably will ever do. Will is the only DK that places well at all and sonic has 2 (Espy/X) representatives and a few more much closer to being good than DK does.
Will placed 25th at Apex, better than any mid tier except ocean's rob. He also placed 7th at Whobo (ledge grabs though) Ripple placed 33rd at whobo also with DK only. Those are just off the top of my head. Havent read all 18 pages yet but I'm sure someone has already mentioned this.

Dk has had more top players over the course of its history than sonic . If Cable, Dr. G, ook or Bum still played DK would be much higher.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Will placed 25th at Apex, better than any mid tier except ocean's rob. He also placed 7th at Whobo (ledge grabs though) Ripple placed 33rd at whobo also with DK only. Those are just off the top of my head. Havent read all 18 pages yet but I'm sure someone has already mentioned this.

Dk has had more top players over the course of its history than sonic . If Cable, Dr. G, ook or Bum still played DK would be much higher.
40ppp master race, only 7 pages.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
MidTier Broomers don't make much a difference for the mid tier they represent. Peach would probably be higher if that were the case. :applejack:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Interesting list, Oli and ICies are tied for the 2nd best in the game with Diddy/Snake following them but that's just me.

:017:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Tier list is extremely dependent upon the rule set and without a stated rule set that the tier list is following, it seems incredibly arbitrary.

Doc King

Smash Lord

With a **** Wario and Wolf matchup and decent Snake, Marth, and Lucario matchups, I don't think he should be in Mid tier.

He goes pretty much even with the high tiers and borderline tiers (borderline might be slightly his favor).

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Olimar is the new Jigglypuff. :awesome:

and ICs FINALLY have a position that reflect their true power.

and dammit stop falling weegee.

D

Deleted member

Wolf the King of Mid/Borderline?

Justice. :3

Though I honestly didn't expect it to happen. Must have been Kain's work, but I'd love to see a write up on how the Wolf discussion went.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
SO THE BEGINNING OF THE END HAS ARRIVED

The new era has been ushered in

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
275th poster!, cool list, I like it! Especially the Snake drop (He really isnt THAT good...)

zmx

Smash Lord
Looks accurate.

I guessed the top 5 correctly. Which actually isn't impressive considering it should have been pretty obv. to anyone keeping up with results.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Tier list is extremely dependent upon the rule set and without a stated rule set that the tier list is following, it seems incredibly arbitrary.
Very this.
If the japanese ruleset really becomes the new standard (as in, the one most people will use), it will convert ICs and Oli very powerful characters and worse, it will be so flat that even can make people to lose even more interest in the game.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend

Bro, just look at the excel sheet. Placing good matters mediocrely considering there were a plethora of characters to perform better. DK's MU chart is bad because of either bad arguing on the DK panel's part or because they actually suck. The making of the list was fairly objective and the people who voted were given these statistics as they voted (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom