• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djent

Smash Champion
I was expecting something close to this:

S: :metaknightbrawl:
A: :icsbrawl: :olimarbrawl: :snakebrawl: :diddybrawl:
B: :falcobrawl: :pikachubrawl: :marthbrawl: :wariocbrawl:

Overall this list is a huge improvement. :bee:

Doc King

Smash Lord
Olimar is the new Jigglypuff. :awesome:

and ICs FINALLY have a position that reflect their true power.

and dammit stop falling weegee.
lol yeah.

pretty much.

Weegee: OBEY ME!

Sakurai: Nope.
Wolf the King of Mid/Borderline?

Justice. :3

Though I honestly didn't expect it to happen. Must have been Kain's work, but I'd love to see a write up on how the Wolf discussion went.
Thanks Kain for making one of D3's only good character matchups better. :)
Very this.
If the japanese ruleset really becomes the new standard (as in, the one most people will use), it will convert ICs and Oli very powerful characters and worse, it will be so flat that even can make people to lose even more interest in the game.
Funniest thing about this post is that when I found some slope infinites with King Dedede. Nobody got interest and just said "**** you and get outta here" to me (even the Dedede players said that to me :().

D

Deleted member

:wolf: is getting too high D:....

:018:

:phone:
Nope.

He's perfect where he is. Borderline between high and mid fits him perfectly. He's also proven to be a better character than those below him at high levels of play.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

It will be like that when we use the Japanese Ruleset and 9B comes to APEX'13

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Oh this tier list! Def was expecting ICs to make it up the tier, but alot would agree that ICs should be 2nd and Oli should be 3rd. And poor Donkey Kong

Doc King

Smash Lord
I think I can explain Wolf's rise.

If you really think of it, Wolf doesn't really have any weaknesses outside of chaingrabs. He has good speed and power, a good projectile, good mobility, good mixups, good survivability, and good run away.

He also has pretty good results.

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing since Olimar and ICs got so high, Its probably the matchups that they have over the rest of the characters.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The way characters are ranked are pretty clearly described in the OP, bro.

Smash Cadet
I think I can explain Wolf's rise.

If you really think of it, Wolf doesn't really have any weaknesses outside of chaingrabs. He has good speed and power, a good projectile, good mobility, good mixups, good survivability, and good run away.

He also has pretty good results.
Pikachu and King Dedede are his only really bad matchups. :p

zmx

Smash Lord

Same actually. But it is a massive improvement to the previous tier list. All the important updates were made and while we can argue all day the order of the top 5, at least they actually got the top 5 right.

Smash Cadet
Same actually. But it is a massive improvement to the previous tier list. All the important updates were made and while we can argue all day the order of the top 5, at least they actually got the top 5 right.
Well it's almost close.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Pikachu and King Dedede are his only really bad matchups. :p
This is true. Though Cg :wario: can be just as bad as :pikachu2:, but not :dedede:.

Lol@Auspher telling me things about :wolf:.

Also@salty :dk2: mains...Will lost to Pane last weekend. Hype.

Neon!

Smash Lord
You're very right; it's definitely +2, PT's favor. Ivysaur takes a dump on him, but, no one wants to hear that.
You never responded to my last post in the matchup discussion. I finally got Will to give his opinion. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14348110&postcount=1930

Dk vs PT overall is even, anyone who wants to argue against that should read this first (pages 88-90)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228591&page=88

For the formation of the BBR matchup chart V 2.0 there were 4 players chosen to decide on DK’s ratios. Ook, Will, Ripple and Me. I made 70% of the posts out of all the DK’s, Ook posted maybe two or three times, Ripple responded often but rarely in more than two or three sentences. Will posted a few times but not in any of the important matchups that were decided against us. I myself was in between characters during the course of the discussions and switched between having very pessimistic views of DK to very optimistic.

1/3 of the cast tried to increase their rating against Dk in their favor and many of them got their wish, some rightfully some not. Important matchups like DK vs GW were decided against us by ONE post from Vinnie who basically said “this matchup is +1 GW, Will will agree with me” If I remember correctly Will had a positive or near even record against Vinnie before he picked up ice climbers. Other matchups like DK vs PT were decided against us because PT had more respected players like Reflex while DK had only me. The few times Will actually posted, the opponents would often argue that he was an outlier even though there have been many players that have performed at his level: Cable, Dr. G and most recently Nairo. None of these players are currently active unfortunately.

The four matchups that most DK’s will have a problem with are. GW, PT, Snake, Fox. These are the only four that I firmly believe are wrong.

Pit, Kirby, Sonic, Wolf, Falco and Pika could be argued another point in our favor if DK were to play the matchup nearly flawless but I’m not particularly determined to win those cases by myself.

All the posts about DK losing points in the matchup chart due to DK not having enough representation are true. If I was a more accomplished player or if well-known players like Will or Cable had posted more than DK’s standing would be a bit more optimistic.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You never responded to my last post in the matchup discussion.
That's because it wasn't a matchup discussion, and they wanted us to stop talking about it.

To this day, I don't really feel like talking about it. It's too much effort for something that I'll never get anyone to agree on through a wall of text. I'll just accept any DK vs. PT money match that comes my way, if only to prove my point.

I suppose it doesn't really prove a point, though, because people say I am an especially good player, and people say they don't know how to play against PT, and every time I win with the character, it is solely because of raw talent, luck, and gimmicks. Such is my fate.

Neon!

Smash Lord
That's because it wasn't a matchup discussion, and they wanted us to stop talking about it.

To this day, I don't really feel like talking about it. It's too much effort for something that I'll never get anyone to agree on through a wall of text. I'll just accept any DK vs. PT money match that comes my way, if only to prove my point.

I suppose it doesn't really prove a point, though, because people say I am an especially good player, and people say they don't know how to play against PT, and every time I win with the character, it is solely because of raw talent, luck, and gimmicks. Such is my fate.
I have a feeling that this discussion will never end unless you play Will.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You never responded to my last post in the matchup discussion. I finally got Will to give his opinion. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14348110&postcount=1930

Dk vs PT overall is even, anyone who wants to argue against that should read this first (pages 88-90)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228591&page=88

For the formation of the BBR matchup chart V 2.0 there were 4 players chosen to decide on DK’s ratios. Ook, Will, Ripple and Me. I made 70% of the posts out of all the DK’s, Ook posted maybe two or three times, Ripple responded often but rarely in more than two or three sentences. Will posted a few times but not in any of the important matchups that were decided against us. I myself was in between characters during the course of the discussions and switched between having very pessimistic views of DK to very optimistic.

1/3 of the cast tried to increase their rating against Dk in their favor and many of them got their wish, some rightfully some not. Important matchups like DK vs GW were decided against us by ONE post from Vinnie who basically said “this matchup is +1 GW, Will will agree with me” If I remember correctly Will had a positive or near even record against Vinnie before he picked up ice climbers. Other matchups like DK vs PT were decided against us because PT had more respected players like Reflex while DK had only me. The few times Will actually posted, the opponents would often argue that he was an outlier even though there have been many players that have performed at his level: Cable, Dr. G and most recently Nairo. None of these players are currently active unfortunately.

The four matchups that most DK’s will have a problem with are. GW, PT, Snake, Fox. These are the only four that I firmly believe are wrong.

Pit, Kirby, Sonic, Wolf, Falco and Pika could be argued another point in our favor if DK were to play the matchup nearly flawless but I’m not particularly determined to win those cases by myself.

All the posts about DK losing points in the matchup chart due to DK not having enough representation are true. If I was a more accomplished player or if well-known players like Will or Cable had posted more than DK’s standing would be a bit more optimistic.
If :dk2: were to play the matchup flawlessly vs :wolf: and the :wolf: played flawlessly too then you would lose a stock every time you were Dthrow'd offstage. Shine>Jump shine=Stock loss for :dk2:. I have a positive record vs Will and Cable. Pane beat Will last week. Kain always beats Ripple and Ook. How can you argue :dk2: could not have a losing matchup to :wolf: given these results?

We camp you. Your shield is assss. Your moves are unsafe on shield (Including Ftilt) because everything gets punished by our punishment move (Fsmash). Juggling :dk2: isn't too hard. And your get up options back on stage are severely limited.

MM me at Whobo for $5-10?
Can't imagine any Wolf main outplacing TKD or Yui at any Tournament. Ever.
Ac's outplaced TKD. SLS's gotten top 3 every tourney he has gone to if I recall correctly and he has used :wolf: in some of em. So :wolf: is next to his name and he'd be above Yui. Whatchu smoking? :fox: mains forever saltiest...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Nailed Sheilda's position perfectly imo. Except eliminate Sheilda and just put Sheik there.

Neon!

Smash Lord
If :dk2: were to play the matchup flawlessly vs :wolf: and the :wolf: played flawlessly too then you would lose a stock every time you were Dthrow'd offstage. Shine>Jump shine=Stock loss for :dk2:. I have a positive record vs Will and Cable. Pane beat Will last week. Kain always beats Ripple and Ook. How can you argue :dk2: could not have a losing matchup to :wolf: given these results?

We camp you. Your shield is assss. Your moves are unsafe on shield (Including Ftilt) because everything gets punished by our punishment move (Fsmash). Juggling :dk2: isn't too hard. And your get up options back on stage are severely limited.

MM me at Whobo for $5-10?

Ac's outplaced TKD. SLS's gotten top 3 every tourney he has gone to if I recall correctly and he has used :wolf: in some of em. So :wolf: is next to his name and he'd be above Yui. Whatchu smoking? :fox: mains forever saltiest...

You'd have to explain the dthrow to shine killing us everytime. Assuming perfect play, DK's tippered jab leads into a guaranteed side-b every time (gfsc) meaning a jab at 80% or above = death.

I probably shouldnt have brought up the playing perfect part now that I think about it....

DK's moveset isnt as diverse as Wolf's but this is balanced by the fact DK will be living ~40% more than wolf each stock and has better options for killing early with 9 wind (kills near 60%)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to whobo, I'll accept a $5 mm but you'll probably have to remind me.

Browny

Smash Hater
LOL THE GSFC IS BACK

Oh man, good times in 08 where I think... falln wasnt it? obsessed over it, claiming DK is top tier with that combo.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
You'd have to explain the dthrow to shine killing us everytime. Assuming perfect play, DK's tippered jab leads into a guaranteed side-b every time (gfsc) meaning a jab at 80% or above = death.

I probably shouldnt have brought up the playing perfect part now that I think about it....

DK's moveset isnt as diverse as Wolf's but this is balanced by the fact DK will be living ~40% more than wolf each stock and has better options for killing early with 9 wind (kills near 60%)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to whobo, I'll accept a $5 mm but you'll probably have to remind me.
NAW son you gotta TEXAS size that money match for :dk2:'s everywhere
Neon vs. Seagullman : The battle for Donkey Kong's tier

Neon!

Smash Lord
gfsc is rediculously hard to pull off

seagull is better than me and has more experience in the matchup

I'll do a Texas sized money match when I have a Texas sized bank account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom