• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Eclectic Echo

Smash Apprentice
Well, bungie just really messed Reach up to begin with. Not answering for him, but I'll list the things I don't like about it, but I play it every now and then.

-maps are terrible
-AAs (tolerable tho)
-strafing speed is slow, and you way a million pounds when jumping

But I'm an MLG guy and like the competitive scene.

:phone:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Well, bungie just really messed Reach up to begin with. Not answering for him, but I'll list the things I don't like about it, but I play it every now and then.

-maps are terrible
-AAs (tolerable tho)
-strafing speed is slow, and you way a million pounds when jumping

But I'm an MLG guy and like the competitive scene.

I'm not an MLG guy and I agree with you. Armor Lock was overpowered and slowed the game down to the point of the game not being fun anymore. Maps are pretty bad too. The jumping was pretty bad too. Reach was basically a step backwards. I also didn't like the DMR.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
What's wrong with Reach?
Everyone else already summed up my thoughts but ehhh I'll bite...

- Hated a majority of the maps.

- Loathed the DMR.

- Game felt far slower paced than Halo 3 overall due to a number of reasons.

and of most of all...

- Besides Sprint (a welcome addition), I could never get used to any of the Armor Abilities. All Armor Lock did was slow down the pace of the game drastically and the camouflage ability just felt like a stupid gimmick to me. I'm no MLG player but I'm a pretty competitive online warrior. I like knowing I'm a good player and that I deserve my kills because of my skill, not because I'm abusing some stupid armor ability. Jetpacks were okay I guess.

Halo Reach isn't a bad game. I just loved Halo 3 so much (first online multiplayer game that I played religiously) that Reach's overall aim to be "different" and more casual friendly didn't appeal to me at all. That's why I'm so excited for Halo 4, because I'm hoping it will go back to Halo 3's roots. And with every little update we're getting so far it looks like 343 is doing exactly that.

Eclectic Echo

Smash Apprentice
It appears I have bad spelling, lol.

Those few things we listed are key factors in a successful halo game like 2 and 3. Obviously CE successful too, but I'm referring to online multiplayer.

I pretty much play halo reach cuz it's associated with MLG. I play that playlist 95% of the time cuz it's what I like. Halo 4 needs to be awesome right out of the box. No constant updates to improve the game like they did with bloom. I wanna be able to play other playlists too and enjoy them like previous halo's before reach.

That's my opinion. I know no one asked, but I just think that's what halo 4 needs to be like. All-around great game like Halo 2.

And I know there's going to be new things for halo 4, but I'm being optimistic about it.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I thought that they had some good maps in Reach, but too much Forge World maps.

I also don't like Boardwalk for regular slayer. It's my least favorite map.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Gonna be honest I thought Reach was the best one, though I've only played 3 and ODST.

Edit:

On a different note here's the Limited Edition:

Halo 4 Limited Edition

Available for preorder today, the Halo 4 Limited Edition maximizes your multiplayer experience and puts you in the boots of a Spartan-IV aboard the UNSC Infinity – the hub of your Halo multiplayer career.

The Halo 4 Limited Edition will be available at the estimated retail price of $99.99 and includes:

• War Games Map Pack Access

The competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of future DLC with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!

• Specializations

Everyone will have access to select Specializations, but those that purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition will receive the ability to unlock six Specializations early, available at launch on Xbox LIVE. You can use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. We’ll be releasing more information about Specializations at E3, so expect additional details about this particular feature then.

• UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet

The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, information about UNSC weapons, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: The Spartan-IVs. Story lovers will especially enjoy this in-fiction offering that provides a glimpse into the indoctrination of Spartans aboard the Infinity.

• Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition

The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

Digital content also includes in-fiction bonus content that expands the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, special featurette Bringing Gaming into Reality, and a behind the scenes look at the making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.

• Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE

The Limited Edition includes the following bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE: unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin, unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set.

Eclectic Echo

Smash Apprentice
I'm not crazy for the MLG playlist, but the game to me is just not fun because of how much of a fail the game is. The game just doesn't feel like previous halos. If you understand what I'm saying. I'd explain more, but it's 2:51 and I'm tired. Sleep time.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
>turned on reach again

> Armor Lock

> turned off reach.

whoever's idea it was to include armor lock should be shot. I like using hologram tho still ****s hilarious watching people chase it.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
its still the most annoying thing ever.

all the other armor abilities (save camo because to me that ones not that good) have fun practical uses

i feel like armor lock is just for douchebags. lol

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I played Halo 2 up until they cut the servers off. Kinda sad now looking back, 2 was always the best. I miss superbouncing across headlong and stuff.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You can get 25 dollars credit on your next purchase if you reserve Halo 4 on microsoftstore.com

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...lo4?siteID=rKHj18Y8bXc-sQnQOint6p0Hm0dYw2p.kA
Eh.
I have a reserve on the regular version at Gamestop.
i feel like armor lock is just for douchebags. lol
You don't know how much I agree.
It pisses me off to no end when you try to splatter someone and then they pull and armor lock on you and then you die. It has its uses, but its mostly to piss people off.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I hope the multiplayer in Halo 4 is better than Reach, but I seriously expect the opposite. :/

Armor Lock is annoying, but my main complaint against Reach is the way they designed matchmaking on the game. There are no ranks that show skill (unless you count arena but who does) so matches are usually unfair. MLG teams shouldn't have to play against Action Sack kids just because there are no ranks. Due to the fact that skill is not factored into who you get to play with when searching, games are completely random.

A lot of the playlists are also poorly structured. Most of them have bad gametypes that don't fit in with them and causes everyone to lose out on the experience. People just looking for a regular match don't want to play BTB heavies, SWAT stockpile, Hand Egg Grifball, Rocket Hog Race, etc. I sure get mad when those come up as a voting option. And "regular" playlists that don't have those options still have things such as 100% bloom, armor lock, jetpack, or all of the above in them.

I could keep going on about why Reach has poor matchmaking, but I'll stop there. I find it really sad that I'm a Reclaimer on one of my Xbox Live accounts because Reach really wasn't worth the time... It's gotten to the point that I can't ever play the game anymore.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Well, 343 did about half of the things to the matchmaking system I was complaining about in the post above. The game was still playable when Bungie was in charge. Also, they left a major glitch in Halo CE Anniversary that erases your save so I had to beat legendary twice. I understand not wanting to take out some of the glitches such as warthog jumping for nostalgia, but what good does it do to not fix something like that? :/ Those two reasons are mostly why they are not on my good side right now.

I'm going to give Halo 4 a chance because its a Halo game, but so far 343 hasn't done anything to make me happy. Halo 4 will be their first real game though, so it'll be good to see what they can do.

Hopefully they are modeling the game after H3, but from the research I've done, it looks like a lot of the bad things from Reach are coming back. (I really hope they at least fix the ranking system though. Please 343, don't give us the Halo Reach Recruit-Inheritor ranks again...)

Eclectic Echo

Smash Apprentice
From what I've seen and heard, looks/sounds great! I've been keeping in the loop and not missing any video of Halo 4. I have a feeling I'll love it. Not getting my hopes up because I can't be let down, just a feeling. I'm optimistic about things.

I hope the competitive aspect of the game is awesome.

Smash and Halo. That's all I need.

Top Bottom