• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Link and Zelda both aren't the 2 worst chars. Jiggs, CF and Ganondorf can be the 3 at the bottom.
It's funny that 4 of those characters have at least one redeeming trait of not being absolutely terrible (Link = heavy projectile spams, Jiggs = amazing aerial mobility, CF = amazing grounded mobility, Ganon = kills stuff in three hits + side B tech chases), while Zelda has...

.................... a reflector.

She's not the worst though. Captain Falcon is.

:059:
Maybe. Dat jab/uair/running speed tho.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Those traits are pretty damn useless though ... like Falcon's jab is weak and unless you jab -> grab somebody you won't get anything worth mentioning out of it. Uair is a good move but one good move doesn't make a character [see: Samus' Zair] and while his dash speed is good his walking speed isn't - air speed and walking speed are the most important aspects of mobility alongside the jump start-up lag. With that in mind, Falcon's speed is overall pretty decent but considering he has like no viable options out of either dash or jump it's pretty much worthless - being fast for the sake of being fast isn't something that suddenly makes the character any better. It just prevents him from being even more terrible.

I know people like Fuujin will leave a dumb comment about this but Zelda does definitely have some selling points - she can cover aerial approaches of certain character pretty decently and unlike Samus, Falcon, Jiggs and other contenders for worst character in the game she has a good GTFO move in shape of dsmash. She doesn't have much going for her but the few things she *does* have going for her add up to something. Compare that to Samus who has seemingly good traits - long ranged zoning tool, heavy weight, very good recovery, projectiles and overall good frame data - but still doesn't add up to anything worthwhile. I'd put Jiggs in the same boat as that, whereas Zelda seems to be closer to Ganon's kind of character design: few options but powerful enough to actually get **** done. Jiggs / Samus are more like, a bunch of options but none of them actually do anything.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
She can only cover really dumb aerial approaches like whiffed Marth fair. Which everyone can do. lol.

Zelda has very few powerful options. All of them require faaaar too much precision. Only thing she has over her bottom tier friends is a semi reliable kill move (that only works on half the cast).

At least everyone has reliable ways to rack up damage (except ganon who doesn't need it since his stuff does 15-25% when he hits things), Zelda only has Up smash and d-smash to rack up damage, and both of them happen to be her only reliable kill moves.

Luigi player

Smash Master
haters gonna hate

but jujux just did so much by winning a 83 man tourney. its just low tier, but still. there are even 2 zeldas in the top 8...

Low Tier
(83 entrants)

Low Tier Bracket

1st. JuJux [France] - :zelda:
2nd. Ally [Canada] - :falcon:
3rd. Rydle [Spain] - :ike:
4th. Mr. R [Holland] - :link2: :falcon:
5th. Leon [France] - :ike:
5th. Yikarur [Germany] - :yoshi2:
7th. Biggad [Germany] - :zelda:
7th. S1-14 [Holland] - :ness2:

Flayl

Smash Hero
That's the worst "especially" I'v seen in a bit. The tournament is harder so it's less valid?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
By now this topic should be called "Zelda General Discussion", or "Which character is the ****tiest in the game: Zelda stealing the spotlight yet again!".

That's the worst "especially" I'v seen in a bit. The tournament is harder so it's less valid?
No, the tourney dates from the era where dinosaurs weren't extinct.

:052:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Doesn't matter if it is harder, easier or the same.

I was saying that 1, it doesn't count at all for the tier list because low tiers is a different metagame.

2 is that it doesn't even accurately represent the low tier metagame.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
And 3 it was probably a million years ago when spotdodge > d-smash was a legit tactic.

By now this topic should be called "Zelda General Discussion", or "Which character is the ****tiest in the game: Zelda stealing the spotlight yet again!"
this is the best post.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It's funny how every post on this page (except this post obviously) was made by people that aren't from North America, and this tier list is more or less a NA tier list.

Not that you guys are irrelevant or anything

..Well, (outside of LP cause I know he does) how many of you guys actually play this game? XD

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
loool Espy. It really doesn't make any sense. First time I saw Link upB in P:M I fell out of my chair laughing and quit the match. It actually goes somewhere now, wtf, I don't even know.

On-topic: I can't see a clear last place, but either way all of those characters are pretty horrible :p Link should maybe be put in the tier above though, pretty sure he's better than Falcon.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
All of this unjustified Falcon hate, I just don't even.

:urg:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im happy Link is bad, otherwise every single Zelda fanboy in existence would spam him (which they already do) and Id have to play him every other round of every tournament, as well as every single time I play a scrub at some ****ty convention tournament.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Low tier tourney means absolutely nothing.
because Zeldas MUs with other low tiers don't mean anything? why not? low tiers lose almost all MUs vs better chars anyway, so their order can be changed a bit on the tierlist by having at least better MUs vs other low tiers.

Especially a low tier tourney back when Ike and Yoshi were considered low tier.
...because? it helps her even more if better characters are in there, lol.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
...because? it helps her even more if better characters are in there, lol.

No, because its outdated and shows how underdeveloped the game was back then. As time has passed those characters that were formerly in low tier have evolved. At the time, yes they were low tier, because they wern't fully figured out yet. The results don't matter anymore, because both yoshi and ike players have tapped into there characters potential, while Zelda really doesn't have anything to tap into. Zelda use to be mid tier until we grew as players and learned how to deal with her ****, now shes just getting worse and worse.

The community is constantly growing and changing, so if ya wanna prove Zelda's better then where she's placed, you'll need relevant results.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If its Low Tier results with Ike/Yoshi in them, that means the results are at least 2+ years old lmao.

Luigi player

Smash Master
at that time people were already saying zelda is balls.

either way time won't change that it happened, it's not like people are so different now.

jujux also wins (small) tourneys in his area too (non low tier, with zelda)- apparently he has switched to mk now though...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Snake, an obvious broken character is now 5th because we learned how to deal with him. Players have changed drastically. If the most recent thing Zelda has done was 2+ years ago that doesn't help your cause that much dude.

The tier list is suppose to rank characters by how big of a threat they are currently. Ya have anything Zelda's done recently? '3'

Luigi player

Smash Master
Snake, an obvious broken character is now 5th because we learned how to deal with him. Players have changed drastically. If the most recent thing Zelda has done was 2+ years ago that doesn't help your cause that much dude.

The tier list is suppose to rank characters by how big of a threat they are currently. Ya have anything Zelda's done recently? '3'
you're talking like these results are from when brawl first came out lol. the metagame back then wasn't really much different from what it is now.

and yes there are results like I said at the end of my previous post, although the LT results I posted weigh much more than those imo

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ganondorf wins tournaments too and he doesn't need them to be low tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom