• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I still can't get over the fact that that actually happened.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wat are yew doing here?

I haven't been reading your post but are you really referencing a 2 year old low tier EU tournament for your arguments?
no point in arguing with you cuz you relate your own negative skills to zelda being bad

Luigi player

Smash Master
what else am I supposed to say though?

thats like someone saying MK is bad just cuz he placed last while using him. well, maybe the player just isnt good... maybe

(Im just saying it doesnt really prove anything)

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Sarcasm

sar·casm
   /ˈsɑrkæzəm/ [sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Origin:
1570–80; < Late Latin sarcasmus < Greek sarkasmós, derivative of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer; see sarco-

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Low tier IMO:

Mario, Link, Samus, Bowser, Falcon,Zelda
Jiggs, Ganon

Ganon is by far the worst character in the game, even if he has better results than some above him. Try playing Ganon then any char above him, you'll feel how less limitated the others feel in comparison. Zelda sucks but she still has a couple of results, so that's why she shouldn't be in the same tier than Ganon. Jiggs is super horrible and barely had results since Brawl's release, I think that since a long time, she was the only character to deserve to be in the same tier than Ganon.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Low tier IMO:

Jiggs, Ganon

Ganon is by far the worst character in the game, even if he has better results than some above him. Try playing Ganon then any char above him, you'll feel how less limitated the others feel in comparison. Zelda sucks but she still has a couple of results, so that's why she shouldn't be in the same tier than Ganon. Jiggs is super horrible and barely had results since Brawl's release, I think that since a long time, she was the only character to deserve to be in the same tier than Ganon.
2 questions:

1-Why,for you,Link deserves to be that high?
2-Is there another reason for Jiggly be in that position?

These are peaceful questions.Let´s discuss!

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
2 questions:

1-Why,for you,Link deserves to be that high?
2-Is there another reason for Jiggly be in that position?

These are peaceful questions.Let´s discuss!

1- Even though Link is one of the chars who made the least money and all, he still has quite a few notable results that show how good he is when played the optimal way. Link is the most underrated character in the game imo, his leaning curve is quite high, but people don't want to learn him since it's not worth it to go from bottom to top-ish of low tier. Still, from the display of all of the top Links from pretty much anywhere in Brawl's life, they show clearly how much better he is when using well his tools, and how far from the bottom 3 he really is

2- Jiggs is just... bad, she got absolutely nothing to be scared of. Timing you out of pretty situation especially with LGL and such, she has by far the worst ground game, all she has is an air game, which isn't even that good. Look at G&W, he went down so many spots since he's pretty linear, Jiggs is an even worse version of him ,except you're not scared of getting hit by her.

Doc King

Smash Lord

No, because its outdated and shows how underdeveloped the game was back then. As time has passed those characters that were formerly in low tier have evolved. At the time, yes they were low tier, because they wern't fully figured out yet. The results don't matter anymore, because both yoshi and ike players have tapped into there characters potential, while Zelda really doesn't have anything to tap into. Zelda use to be mid tier until we grew as players and learned how to deal with her ****, now shes just getting worse and worse.

The community is constantly growing and changing, so if ya wanna prove Zelda's better then where she's placed, you'll need relevant results.
I heard brawl community is actually dying because many people think (And know :troll:) that this game sucks as a competitive fighter.
Low tier IMO:

Jiggs, Ganon

Needs Lucas, Luigi, and PT.

Link is too high. Link and Zelda should be where Ganon and Puff are.
Low Tier IMO:

Luigi, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Jigglypuff, Falcon
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
Needs Lucas and PT.

My version:

:pt: :mario2: :luigi2: :lucas: :samus2: :falcon:
:bowser2: :link2: :zelda: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I heard brawl community is actually dying because many people think (And know :troll:) that this game sucks as a competitive fighter.

Needs Lucas, Luigi, and PT.

Link is too high. Link and Zelda should be where Ganon and Puff are.

Needs Lucas and PT.

My version:

:pt: :mario2: :luigi2: :lucas: :samus2: :falcon:
:bowser2: :link2: :zelda: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf:
Mario above Lucas and Luigi? lol

Please explain...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

Oh no no no~
I'm saying the players that still do play it competitively are improving~ And yea, I wouldn't be playing this game if I didn't suck at all other fighting games. :3

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm pretty confident to MM with jigglypuff if people still don't know much about her.

There are a few nice high damaging strings she has. She has a decent moveset. She just has terrible weight. Her momentum cancelling isn't that horrendous either for her weight.

:phone:

Doc King

Smash Lord
Nah, Lucas is pretty good yo'

and Squirtle is baws
Lucas sucks. He's a character who has like no combos at all who can get comboed a lot for his weight. He does horrible by DK, Marth, Snake, and Sheik. He even losses to Bowser. His kill moves are pretty slow when it comes to attacking and his special AT glides are pretty predictable and punishable. His recovery is pretty punishable.
Mario above Lucas and Luigi? lol

Please explain...
I think that Mario has more potential then others think. Mario has a good cape that can be used on the edge for sliding and gliding. He also has a Fludd move that can interrupt recoverys along with cape. He actually has a pretty good edge guarding game. He also has pretty good juggles and faster smashes (D smash mostly) He also doesn't get wrecked by Donkey Kong like Lucas does and doesn't get overcamped like Luigi does.

Dedede is his only really bad matchup and mk (But everyone at low tier sucks against mk). He's still low tier due to having very week power and poor recovery and poor range.

Oh no no no~
I'm saying the players that still do play it competitively are improving~ And yea, I wouldn't be playing this game if I didn't suck at all other fighting games. :3
Oh ok. That makes much more sense.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Lucas sucks. He's a character who has like no combos at all who can get comboed a lot for his weight. He does horrible by DK, Marth, Snake, and Sheik. He even losses to Bowser. His kill moves are pretty slow when it comes to attacking and his special AT glides are pretty predictable and punishable. His recovery is pretty punishable.
I wouldn't call his Fsmash slow.
And his ATs are not very predictable. A good Lucas would mix them and recover from the weirdest angles.
Pretty ok with everything else.
The reason I would not call him LT is because he goes well against most LTs and some MTs (even though he loses badly to some of them).

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014

I think that Mario has more potential then others think. Mario has a good cape that can be used on the edge for sliding and gliding. He also has a Fludd move that can interrupt recoverys along with cape. He actually has a pretty good edge guarding game. He also has pretty good juggles and faster smashes (D smash mostly) He also doesn't get wrecked by Donkey Kong like Lucas does and doesn't get overcamped like Luigi does.

Dedede is his only really bad matchup and mk (But everyone at low tier sucks against mk). He's still low tier due to having very week power and poor recovery and poor range.

Oh ok. That makes much more sense.
Lucas with no combos??
He has GREAT combos,and his kill moves is a lot better than Mario´s kill moves.

About the MUs,they are all bad for Mario too (except for DK who Mario is good),and Mario has some bad MUs who for Lucas is not that bad too.This is not a reason.

Also,Lucas has a lot of ways to recover,not only the Pk Thunder.

You are underestimating Lucas without knowing him.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I wouldn't call his Fsmash slow.
And his ATs are not very predictable. A good Lucas would mix them and recover from the weirdest angles.
Pretty ok with everything else.
The reason I would not call him LT is because he goes well against most LTs and some MTs (even though he loses badly to some of them).
Lucas does have a little hard time with Bowser though. Don't know too much of his low tier matchups but I think having hard counter mid tier matchups really makes you low tier.
Lucas with no combos??
He has GREAT combos,and his kill moves is a lot better than Mario´s kill moves.

About the MUs,they are all bad for Mario too (except for DK who Mario is good),and Mario has some bad MUs who for Lucas is not that bad too.This is not a reason.

Also,Lucas has a lot of ways to recover,not only the Pk Thunder.

You are underestimating Lucas without knowing him.
Lucas has very limited combos. What combos does he really have?

Not by much though. His kill moves are pretty easy to react to.

Mario probably does a lot better against Sheik. Also some Bowser. They're really close though imo.

Although characters can punish the pk fire.

I don't know much, but that's my understanding of him.
Lucas doesn't really have combos.
Yup.
LOL at anyone who thinks "combos" mean anything
Then why do ppl say Falcon is so bad to be one of the worst?
dthrow to utilt is a combo at low percents

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I hate a lot of memes.

That one and the whole "friendzone" thing are probably the worst.

****ing nerds, man.

And you should watch some videos of Mekos' Lucas, I love the way he makes up for the character's weaknesses. Genius.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I hate a lot of memes.

That one and the whole "friendzone" thing are probably the worst.

****ing nerds, man.

And you should watch some videos of Mekos' Lucas, I love the way he makes up for the character's weaknesses. Genius.
I actually watch one and I was really impressed actually. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Et96QqCxs)

I didn't know that Lucas can block Luigi's fireball projectiles with his projectile (Similar to Ness). I would make a big apology because I really didn't know what he was capable of.

He probably should be mid tier close to where Ness is.

But damn, Luigi is so bad. He can't approach or reach for **** and his kill moves have to be really close.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, but the wave dash down b thing was pretty cool and his air attacks are pretty good.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Those traits are pretty damn useless though ... like Falcon's jab is weak and unless you jab -> grab somebody you won't get anything worth mentioning out of it. Uair is a good move but one good move doesn't make a character [see: Samus' Zair] and while his dash speed is good his walking speed isn't - air speed and walking speed are the most important aspects of mobility alongside the jump start-up lag. With that in mind, Falcon's speed is overall pretty decent but considering he has like no viable options out of either dash or jump it's pretty much worthless - being fast for the sake of being fast isn't something that suddenly makes the character any better. It just prevents him from being even more terrible.

I know people like Fuujin will leave a dumb comment about this but Zelda does definitely have some selling points - she can cover aerial approaches of certain character pretty decently and unlike Samus, Falcon, Jiggs and other contenders for worst character in the game she has a good GTFO move in shape of dsmash. She doesn't have much going for her but the few things she *does* have going for her add up to something. Compare that to Samus who has seemingly good traits - long ranged zoning tool, heavy weight, very good recovery, projectiles and overall good frame data - but still doesn't add up to anything worthwhile. I'd put Jiggs in the same boat as that, whereas Zelda seems to be closer to Ganon's kind of character design: few options but powerful enough to actually get **** done. Jiggs / Samus are more like, a bunch of options but none of them actually do anything.

:059:
Why would you just jab and not follow up with something? Follow ups for grab are character dependent but up air is guaranteed on just about every character. Speed also helps in punishing which people forget falcon can do (knee). What would you consider a viable option out of dash? Characters under falcon don't have any better options.. We have hyphen smashing which is another thing people forget about, a good sliding shield grab that almost compensates for our bad grab range, another under estimated pivot grab (imo the lag throws people off), dash attack (useful for punishing), and AC dair. Why is zelda's "gtfo" move so much better than falcons dsmash in terms of resetting situations? We can also just run away we don't have to push them for a reset.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ness has wins?
That's mostly cuz Ness actually has people playing him. Lucas pretty much has Mekos. On top of that, Mekos only really plays doubles.

I'm not saying Lucas is definately better than Ness just cuz I think he is, I just never understood why the gap between them was so large. They're both bad for all the same reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom