• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Horsetail.

Would you like for the Magnus Club (OR SWORD WHATEVER) to be an item instead of Magnus himself being an Assist Trophy? Leaving that spot for the Eggplant Wizard? Palutena playable, Medusa a boss... AND THE REST TROPHIES.

By the way I hope we see the return of "Classic" trophies. It was cool seeing 8-bit Ice Climbers.

Awh you left.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm BAACK.

Though just for 10 mins. (-l~l-);; /School's still on ya know/

But you have some good thoughts there. I bet it would pwn the heck people since it's so Strong. Eggplant Wizard is like made to be an AT.
I though see
Hades
more as a boss than Medusa.

And boy, I'm with you there so much. It's nice to see 3D reimaginations of these retro designs for each characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Prince fluff with a KEY inspired moveset would be a good Kirby representitive. Better than Bandana Dee in any case. I'm also a big fan of paper mario but I think the Mario series is represented enough already.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Frankly, I'd rather see what Bandanna Waddle Dee can pull off. He has started to become a staple, considering his appearances in Kirby Super Star Ultra and Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Frankly, I'd rather see what Bandanna Waddle Dee can pull off. He has started to become a staple, considering his appearances in Kirby Super Star Ultra and Kirby's Return to Dream Land.
He also had a minor role in the original Kirby Super Star's Megaton Punch, which is his debute in the franchise.

:phone:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
He also had a minor role in the original Kirby Super Star's Megaton Punch, which is his debute in the franchise.

He also has a minor role in Kirby 64 multiplayer.

Magnus club as an item would be pretty cool. A beam sword with much less range but a lot more powerful. Would it slow the user down?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That's not necessarily true. In uprising I got a +3 speed modifier on my Magnus club and it is PLENTY satisfying to hit with. =P

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's not necessarily true. In uprising I got a +3 speed modifier on my Magnus club and it is PLENTY satisfying to hit with. =P
Yeah well... I have a Volcano arm with... +1 Poison. U3U

I think I want a Samurai Blade with +'s in run speed and melee dash attack. And... burning. Awh yeah. Melee defense? Maybe a plus to my own defense.

MAN I wish I had a lot of hearts so I could fuse like crazy. Too bad I'm not good.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Dog was never a trophy, assist or even a sticker. But the ducks were. No one cares about the dog and Sakurai shows no interest. Your just as bad as Diddy.
Nobody is as bad as me. :glare: That being said, I have sads for being bad to. :urg:

Diddy's here? Hell yeah
Now that's more like it. :cool:

Been away for too long.

SWF Smash Wii U thread:

WHATS GOOD???

:awesome:

JPW

Smash Ace
he wouldn't really gain speed, or speed charge. He would just roll from one side to the other. i'll create the animation tomorrow.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I had an idea.

What if the customization is on which Final Smash a character has? Like in Super Street Fighter 4 where you have a choice of Ultra Combo but only one can be used?

I'll do 3 each for the Big Four as a sample

Mario
Mario Finale: Same
Rainbow Star: Mario starts auto dashing and is given more double jumps, hurts and knocks back opponents when run into.
Blue Shell: Mario takes out a blue shell and throws it at the opponent. Homes in. Can't be avoided, only a last minute dodge can save you. Rage quiting ensues

Link
Triforce Slash: same
[INSERT SOME SKYWARD SWORD BASED ONE HERE]: I need to finish that game
Oni Mask: Becomes Oni Link and in adition to a power increase, all sword based attacks gain sword beams

Kirby
Cook Kirby: Same
Mike Kirby: After activation pressing B activates a distructive shout. Can be used 3 times.
Mega Sword Kirby: Kirby swings around various large sharp objects in front of him.

Pikachu
Volt Tackle: Same
Surf: Pikachu Mounts a surf board and rides a wave across 3/4 of the screen. Wave does lots of damage, hitting Pikachu him/herself does better knockback.
Family Ties: Pikachu summons Pichu, briefly making them an Ice Climber esque duo. Pichu has a sperate health bar that depletes over time and he disapears when out of health. Attacking Pichu reduces the time he's on screen.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
BrushGuy: I'd love to see this. Here's one reguirement though: if these custom moves are meant to be unlocked, I say these FS's should be most hardest custom moves to unlock. (-l3l-)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Yeah well... I have a Volcano arm with... +1 Poison. U3U

I think I want a Samurai Blade with +'s in run speed and melee dash attack. And... burning. Awh yeah. Melee defense? Maybe a plus to my own defense.

MAN I wish I had a lot of hearts so I could fuse like crazy. Too bad I'm not good.
Compact arms have been nicer to me than volcano arms. Right now I got one with 4.5 range and melee stars, shot defense +2, stamina +2, standing cont fire +3. Fusing is free btw.

My favorite egg man quote: "you'll never again be a pain in my aaaaaaaaegg!" he was obviously about to say something else before he realized who the audience was. Obviously.

Welcome back Diddy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thanks disfunk, I will be gone soon enough though. Girlfriend needs my pressence more than you guys. :) Sorry. :c

Any news E3 related though?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Only one week left until Nintendo's E3 conference. I am quite anxious to see what new games Nintendo will show at this year's E3. Of course, if Smash 4 is unveiled, I am not expecting anything at the press conference, and instead a later showing on Wednesday.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Compact arms have been nicer to me than volcano arms. Right now I got one with 4.5 range and melee stars, shot defense +2, stamina +2, standing cont fire +3. Fusing is free btw.
But you have to be good to find good weapons or get a lot of hearts to buy good weapons.

@Star: Why not just forget about Waddle Dee.

Just dropping by

------------------------

The newcomers : 14
- Wario
- Zero Suit Samus
* Pit
* ROB
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
* Olimar
- Wolf
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucario
- Ike
- Lucas
x Snake
x Sonic

(-) 68% of the newcomers are from existing franchises (10/15)
(*) 20% of the newcomers are from small/new franchises (3/15)
(x) 13% of the newcomers are 3rd parties (2/15)

Wel... Excluding the 3rd parties, only 23% of the newcomers are from new/retro nintendo franchises. 3rd parties shouldn't be considered since they're guests. So I guess the ratio is like this :

(Existing to Small)
77 : 23

Approximately 80 : 20. Bad balance
So when Sakurai said that he'll slightly give more focus to the small/retro franchises, the ratio of newcomers (Existing to Small) could be in the range of 60:40 - 70:30?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Diddy are you telling me that you value a girl that you actually see and can quite possibly satisfy your... Id in ways that we can't over a bunch of guys on the Internet that you'll probably never see and couldn't care less about? Selfish.

@oasis
If you play online you're guaranteed to get a few weapons around 250 value just for participating. And sometimes when they do a roulette you could get a good weapon that way. Plus also some of the prizes for the treasure hunt are good weapons. Other than that yeah you need big bucks or skills and both come from just playing the game some more.

@beserker
That falls in line with his earlier statement that there weren't alot of small franchises that warranted a playable character.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hiya Diddy, long time no see. (-lwl-)^

Berserker: And this is why I'm afraid he will just add less newcomers. Unless he starts to give bit more thoughts on second party additions and maybe even explore Nintendo so more, I bet Sm4sh's newcomers can come out as somewhat overwhelming and unsuprising at it's best, maybe just expanding even more on the existing series.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
BTW, I had this wierd thought last night before I went to sleep: we know that Sakurai loves Panel De Pon. Now, it's bit interesting to think that he puts a reference from that series to his own creation. (Kirby's Down B having Lip's garbage block).

I'm sorta wondering does Sakurai then have some special heart for Panel De Pon...

Disfunk: I still feel upset about this, Sakurai calling many good and viable new franchises "not popular enough to warrant a playable character", and yet I think the Others-section of Brawl was the best, compared to some wierd trophies we got for the main series. (Wedding Peach and Bowser are so important, yeah.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm a selfish ******* and I know it disfunk :urg:

Oasis is gay for Shortie, knew it :reverse:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Will Smash Bros keep being just at times poorly executed (Adventure Mode, Trophies to some extent) fan-**** of the popular Nintendo-series with lesser known being treated as unworthy and below-class crap, because well, they're "smaller franchises?" I still say Assist Trophies sucked big time in means of originality at times. (Saki's AI, oh come on. Gray Fox was better!)

Sakurai yet needs to get some of my respect back from making Starfy suck big time.

I know that it's not very easy to get the characters from those smaller franchises in means of copyright stuff, but at least don't execute so boringly. Make them feel something more than just pokeballs. I mean, Resetti's just Goldeen but worse. Knuckle Joe's like sluggish Scizor. Andross is what you when you give Unowns' attack a face. Jill again is like Marill from Melee, expect she doesn't fall off ledges...

Make these "quest stars" feel special on their own, something not comparable to something else, like... uhm... poKEYmawns???

Hiya Diddy, long time no see. (-lwl-)^

Berserker: And this is why I'm afraid he will just add less newcomers. Unless he starts to give bit more thoughts on second party additions and maybe even explore Nintendo so more, I bet Sm4sh's newcomers can come out as somewhat overwhelming and unsuprising at it's best, maybe just expanding even more on the existing series.
I'm for expanding the existing franchises and giving slight focus to the smaller franchises (Like, 60:40 - 65:35).

Only dropping by here to see opinions of what I thought for some reason. Now, I'm out and here are my last words:

No matter what happens....

I will still buy the game even though Toad is not in the game or if the roster kinda of sucks ***.

But I will be disappointed if the game does not bring anything new to the formula/gameplay OR if the new mechanic will screw up the magic of Smash bros. I'd still buy it for the sake of playing it competitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom