• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Well shoutouts for Player-1 for not having a mic, me and knuckles developing that metagame, and Orange fox and lightning playing wifi.
He was so ****ing orange I just wasn't ready.
Lightning, gonna have to wait till sunday to play you in Marvel. In the mean time just imagine, playing this team, with Wesker on Point and RR on anchor. So no dropped Ammy combo's.
As much as I look forward to playing that wrecking ball of a team, I unfortunately have work Sundays from 11-7 PST :(.
I thought the meeting was pretty productive, at least from my perspective it seemed to be :)
It was incredibly productive. We managed to figure out Nintendo servers are consistently terrible...

Bing

Smash Master
Dair to u-tilt is awesome... I love the vs Ganon MU...

This one guy loves using his Ganon against me... Got like a 15% to 150% combo... dair - U-tilt u-tilt dair repeat until dair pivot grab d-throw chase uair.

Kuares

Pizza
Well, we started skype meetings here and there(which hopefully there'll be on today right?). Player-1 and Player-3 have stopped by and we had a nice little discourse and I finally found a time to start adding videos to the video thread.

Whattaboutyou? How'd you get unbanned, and how's your pikachu been?

Lightning93

Smash Champion
From what Wario players tell me, they don't deal well with pressure if you can try to counter them in the air with Fair/Dair. You can always try the laser approach (ironic cause it's not really an approach), but most Warios will be able to Airdodge through most of your lasers because of his mobility. You'll be sneaking up some pretty weak damage, but it works. What you don't want to do is land anywhere directly in front of him (as is true for most characters).

BlizzyWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlizzyWuff
I play against Wario a lot :3 Fair stops quite a bit of what he can do in the air, but time it right and dont get predictable. I also use oos Nair after he finishes Dair then grab after. Retreating Nair oos seems to be good cause it lasts for long and can give you space
Lasering is good, gets his % up slowly but surely
Watch out for the fart when you're offstage (or any other time really be aware of it), the Wario I play tries to get me with that and I dont bother to go for the grab release unless I know they mash out of grabs every time. I also shieldgrab a lot if he comes near my shield, pummel a bit then thow down for damage and possible followups (just dont try and grab dair and wait for nair to finish as it has 2 hits)
To get upsmash in when he's above me I watch how he deals with pressure, see if he air dodges and if he does he's toast :D I usually force it by jumping near him like Im gonna attack then fast fall then upsmash..
I have vids/replays that have been saved for the purpose of being uploaded, they will be up one day.. :<

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
Vs Wario (Some of this is from experience. Some of it is just things I think should work):

• Like others have said, fair is really good. You can kinda try to "wall" with this move to keep yourself protected and potentially hit him
  • Doing a Fair in place (not moving forward) seems to be pretty good
  • If you're offstage, I strongly recommend utilizing shine stalling when he has his waft ready. Even if you're above him, he can still hit you with it, so shine stall to throw off the timing
  • BF is a cool stage in this MU. It limits his approaches from the air
  • This MU I think is the perfect MU for SHTL and FHQL. Lasers can rack up damage fast on Wario. For each short hop, you can potentially get three laser hits in.
  • If wario goes "I'mma camp the air mode", FHQL is really good. You could try to time it such that every time he full hops, you should get some laser damage in.
  • Apparently, the strength of his waft relates to the time passed. I'm not sure about the information relating to this though (check wario boards I suppose)
  • Even though Wario's aerial mobility is great, his jump squatt(at least I think it's called that. One's jump squatt is how long it takes them to leave the ground after they input a jump) is relatively long compared to most other characters. With good precision every once in awhile, try to dash attack his landings
  • watch the timer
  • Wario can do interesting stuff with tires from his bike. If you can, don't let him get tires.
  • If you see the opportunity, hit him offstage while his bike was left onstage. If this happens, he can't use bike to recover, which could lead to death.

Player-3

Smash Hero
idik what you do against wario just chase him alot because warios have a hard time when people as fast as fox chase them

thats what reflex tells me anyways

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
if the wario wont commit then just run underneath him to get to a better stage position and camp him. When he decides he has to chase you then use aerials to punish him or punish his landing with shield grabs and usmash.

M@v

Subarashii!
EDIT: Just linked the videos.

Some high level fox vs wario play for you. I've played blue rogue a lot, so here's some of my matches vs him. Linked matches I won and lost so you know what to do and NOT to do.

Wins:

Skip to 4:15 for the fox match. Lost the set, but won when I went fox.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lWt...Uo0BqJq2d_PXwLBQ&index=237&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zGfuijvrdo&list=UU5SC6D9Uo0BqJq2d_PXwLBQ&index=27&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZnlwlzFQww&list=UU5SC6D9Uo0BqJq2d_PXwLBQ&index=26&feature=plpp_video
(ignore how bad I am at special taunt :D)

Losses:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxXrX85loOU&list=UU5SC6D9Uo0BqJq2d_PXwLBQ&index=30&feature=plpp_video

P.S. Learning when to predict wafts makes things so much easier. Also fair and dair are pretty godlike in this matchup.

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Sheik ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt

knuckles213

Smash Ace
we can start at $200 and increase it from there and ya I found a $23 round trip bus ticket from GA so yup.
where did you find ticket that cheap. can you bring P3, reflex, iblis, kismet, etc.

I'll only do a $200 MM if:

-people wanna actually see it
-the other foxes/diddys want to see this go down
-it gets hyped up
-gets recorded (maybe commentary)
-best 5 out of 9

other than that keep at $50, I call the shots cause that what I feel like throwing down.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Right now it's me, reflex, p3, DRN, cam and maybe more but we have our tickets. Megabus is really cheap during that time cuz when megabus gets a new bus stop in a city it's only $2 round trip (which is Houston and Dallas). We are going from Atlanta to new Orleans to houston

And I can make those requirements happen

:phone:

Top Bottom