• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Guys i know your joking but i just died alittle inside. luigi shouldnt even be joked about lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
Guys i know your joking but i just died alittle inside. luigi shouldnt even be joked about lol
No joke, luigi is definitely the best character in the game.

Bowser has two grabs and the only other character in the game who can say the same is Lucario but his recovery doesn't hurt the opponent so Boweser is obviously more broken.

Diddy has two grabs also. Also, that's the best part about Lucario's up-b, it can't the opponent when you're both forced to use a recovery which makes his up-b really broken. That's also why Lucario is so bad in doubles though is because he can't save his teamate with his up-b, he just passes right through them.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
No joke, luigi is definitely the best character in the game.

Diddy has two grabs also. Also, that's the best part about Lucario's up-b, it can't the opponent when you're both forced to use a recovery which makes his up-b really broken. That's also why Lucario is so bad in doubles though is because he can't save his teamate with his up-b, he just passes right through them.
lul oook bed time

Lightning93

Smash Champion
LOL. Poor guy.

And I don't doubt several characters have more than one grab. I was being incredibly sarcastic hence the incorrect spelling of Bowser's name and obvious disregard for fact-based character analysis.

I'll miss this discussion though I feel like we were finally getting somewhere.

Player-3

Smash Hero
dedede has two grabs

but they're both bound to the grab function so that's why his grab is so ridiculous

Kuares

Pizza
Yeah, but it makes my Lucario cry himself to sleep every night only to have nightmares of those bright yellow mittens. Fox has the same thing except mice instead of mittens.

On the topic of two grabs though, way to many characters have them. Bowser, Yoshi, Lucario, Wario, Ice climbers, Kirby, Dedede, Falcon and probably one more character I'm forgetting lol. But no! Ganondorf has 3 grabs, that's just crazy.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Yeah, but it makes my Lucario cry himself to sleep every night only to have nightmares of those bright yellow mittens. Fox has the same thing except mice instead of mittens.

On the topic of two grabs though, way to many characters have them. Bowser, Yoshi, Lucario, Wario, Ice climbers, Kirby, Dedede, Falcon and probably one more character I'm forgetting lol. But no! Ganon has 3 grabs, that's just crazy.
oh ganondorf

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
yeah everyone plz quit my character so i can stop hanging around these boards. he sucks guys. you'll never win a tournament unless you're good unlike p-1 :(
LOL, slick

404 page not found
Herp.

I got question why do you come around/post to the fox boards if you hate our character that much dude lol. telling us our character sucks or can't win at the diddy MU wont change anything really.
Derp. At ease, come to realize he is just trolling. Do you really think he is like this in person? LOL

Grr... sorry guys that I had to miss it :(.

And yeah man I got Iblis, Uzi, Jenkins, NKB, Excel, Zhamy, M@V... miss those guys.Even if we can win I still hate this MU.
If we get those guys it would be mad nice.

On another note http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOEsFjOdlLE

Kuares

Pizza
I think we actually talked about that a bit in our skype meeting 2 weeks ago. I should probably raise that thread and write down all the things we talk about. Probably start it with this next sunday.

Bing, make a thread and put all the things that you want to know about that match-up. He's one of the matches that I actually kind of know(Snake, Wario, Diddy) so I'd be able to contribute a bit. Also if you notice, we're lacking in non-sticky threads.

Ok guys I help I lost to a truly scrubby wolf today and ill be playing him again tomorrow. He spams blaster until I get close to him then he rolls psychotically all around and dsmashes. Or if I jump over blaster he comes in with fsmash I mean I pretty much just need your opinions on how to puniah roll spam. I nearly won at the end of the match after I got a little more used to it but the loss made me so frustrated.

:phone:

Sukai

Smash Champion
You could react to them.
Brawl is 100% footsies, spacing and careful approaches are essential and all out gung ho assaults are done rarely and pretty much takes advantage of the previous statement being common knowledge.

Wait it out and zone, that's Fox's biggest offensive strength, if you don't want to play the reflector game, then just get close enough to him to make him worry, respond to his reaction. Jumps outs will return to neutral, Fsmash can be blocked and punished, and down smash shouldn't even be hitting you from neutral like that (with you on the approach).

Hi guys, long time no see.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
You could react to them.
Brawl is 100% footsies, spacing and careful approaches are essential and all out gung ho assaults are done rarely and pretty much takes advantage of the previous statement being common knowledge.

Wait it out and zone, that's Fox's biggest offensive strength, if you don't want to play the reflector game, then just get close enough to him to make him worry, respond to his reaction. Jumps outs will return to neutral, Fsmash can be blocked and punished, and down smash shouldn't even be hitting you from neutral like that (with you on the approach).

Hi guys, long time no see.
I dont recognise you :o

pretty much sums it up tho.

Guys ill post my view on the diddy MU soon, very busy atm with uni and such so hang tight

Sukai

Smash Champion
I dont recognise you :o
I used to be here (Fox Boards) a lot up until Summer 09 where I quit this game for BB. I used to go by the name knuxrouge.

Brawl isn't at all a complicated game so I just threw my hat into the ring. Apparently what I know isn't outdated yet. lol metagame

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
You might be able to SH dair over a predicted Dsmash. If not, FH might work. I think there's enough lag in his fsmash to OoS dair him also.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
I used to be here (Fox Boards) a lot up until Summer 09 where I quit this game for BB. I used to go by the name knuxrouge.

Brawl isn't at all a complicated game so I just threw my hat into the ring. Apparently what I know isn't outdated yet. lol metagame
oh lol you name changed, that makes sense. Yeah i remember you ofcourse

TKD

Smash Lord
"wait it out and zone"? it's all beast mode, dude. fox is pure beast mode. being safe and careful doesn't cut it anymore imo.

vs diddy shine will kill funnily easy. it's just shining him when you can and nairing his upb with good DI to nair or shine him again. if he's hit by a shine, diddy's falling speed isn't affected by his upb so he swiftly falls to his doom xD

outside of edgeguarding try to **** him. if you know how to juggle and bait then you should go nuts. shieldgrab that dash attack!

@fox###### dsmash isn't something you really think about. just walk up and grab or dash usmash after unblocking. i have no idea why you should have enough time to jump after predicting it, ever. it's not something they should blindly do, and if they do, have fun.

also wow @ brawl being simple

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
I was under the impression that his Dsmash on shield was unpunishable to unblock>dash upsmash (i know MK's is punishable, but I thought wolf's wasn't)

Omg, that information just made my life a lot easer.
.-.

Player-1

Smash Legend
vs diddy shine will kill funnily easy. it's just shining him when you can and nairing his upb with good DI to nair or shine him again. if he's hit by a shine, diddy's falling speed isn't affected by his upb so he swiftly falls to his doom xD
i don't think this is actually a word

Kuares

Pizza
He speaks the truth. they seem to like giving characters huge jumps. They gave DK like 6 spots sometime in like the 5/6th one and then they took it away here. Hasn't happened with fox but I'm just glad that we're still in...uh... borderline tier(?).

I'm sure the wofl movement got helped alot because of Kain's performance a while back.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
He speaks the truth. they seem to like giving characters huge jumps. They gave DK like 6 spots sometime in like the 5/6th one and then they took it away here. Hasn't happened with fox but I'm just glad that we're still in...uh... borderline tier(?).

I'm sure the wofl movement got helped alot because of Kain's performance a while back.
Skype talk tomorrow

a) tier list movement
b) our fox preformence
c) anything else if I can think of any

Top Bottom