• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I agree, I'm slowly leaning away from league right now (removed off my computer cus i had to restore my computer). I have more important things on my mind right now like getting ready for this tournament. Overall league is fun it's just not as rewarding as playing smash is. If this online melee would come out it i would just play that and maybe few other games that are like rpgs but no mmorpg.

the games is slowly making us more anti-social beside hiding behind a screen. We need to go out and do more and things together as friends.

where do you work out g.vice I seriously want to start again.
I work out at 10 fitness here in little rock. you can get a subscription for 10 bucks and do it at 10 fitness in NLR it'd be just fine.

Btw, my phone broke, so I'm 200 down from what I was. So about FC...are we going or not? And what's the LEAST amount of money it would cost me?

Vts

Smash Champion
I work out at 10 fitness here in little rock. you can get a subscription for 10 bucks and do it at 10 fitness in NLR it'd be just fine.

Btw, my phone broke, so I'm 200 down from what I was. So about FC...are we going or not? And what's the LEAST amount of money it would cost me?
well since i'm being nice and covering the hotel room for everyone would be entry fee and you can always pay me later for gas which would be $20-$30 so really u just need money for food/money matches so give or take $60-100 for the 5 days.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
well since i'm being nice and covering the hotel room for everyone would be entry fee and you can always pay me later for gas which would be $20-$30 so really u just need money for food/money matches so give or take $60-100 for the 5 days.
How much is the FC entry fee?

Also, what event is going to be on Sunday? I'll have to step out for a few hours for church.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
How much is the FC entry fee?

Also, what event is going to be on Sunday? I'll have to step out for a few hours for church.
85 dollars.

Sunday, August 12th
8:00 AM
Venue Opens
8:30 AM
Check-In Begins
9:30 AM
Check-In Ends
10:00 AM
Melee, Singles Pools, Stage 1
12:00 PM
Brawl/64-Only Players, Check-In Reopens
1:00 PM
Brawl/64-Only Players, Check-In Ends
5:00 PM
Brawl/64/Project M, Singles Pools
8:00 PM
Melee, Teams Pools
12:00 AM
Tournament done for night
1:00 AM
Venue Closes
lol go to an afternoon service?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I still love Smash as much as I always have. I just don't love playing it as much.

Yes Vice I have an addictive personality, but league isn't why I'm not playing Smash. I've been unhappy with the game since Apex. Something else had to come along and take my mind off it.

The tech grind is too significant to think about right now. I just need something to inspire me again and I'll get on it. Here's hoping for FC.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I still love Smash as much as I always have. I just don't love playing it as much.

Yes Vice I have an addictive personality, but league isn't why I'm not playing Smash. I've been unhappy with the game since Apex. Something else had to come along and take my mind off it.

The tech grind is too significant to think about right now. I just need something to inspire me again and I'll get on it. Here's hoping for FC.
yeah I feel you on the tech skill stuff.

I'm rusty as can be.

no worries, I just hate league because it's making you not smash with me and I love smashing with you <3

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord

:smirk: I've seen what happens when he gets inspired, so lets not hope he goes to crazy when the time comes.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
I understand that we're friends and we do more than smash, but friends answer phone calls. Friends make an effort to hang out ya know? And honestly, I understand that you guys like League, but I really do know that some of ya'll are kinda addicted and using that as an excuse to not smash at all.

Ya'll can do what you want, i'm just sad that league has taken up such so much time that we can't even get together to smash or watch anime together these days.
Because everyone kept playing league, I started to play less. I haven't played league in two days and been practicing on other games since I never have anyone to smash with. I just check on league and I see you guys playing, so I just go and play marvel.

Smashallday

Smash Rookie
Yah I guess the best imma get is when I make a trip to LR or up to Springfield to visit people. Until then I'm gathering rust

:phone:

Smashallday

Smash Rookie
Yah I dunno, especially when school starts up that's gonna be super tough to do. I dunno if it's even worth it to practice if I'm not gonna be able to play some if any on the fall

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yah I dunno, especially when school starts up that's gonna be super tough to do. I dunno if it's even worth it to practice if I'm not gonna be able to play some if any on the fall

Dang this sucks dude :(

You were making excellent strides and you completely have the right mindset to be great at this game. Is Arkansas really that big? I wish you hadn't left. And I feel bad that when you started playing, our crew kind of died down, and now that you are gone we are all playing frequently again. I say don't give up, and keep trying to find people to play. Google search for smash in your area, and ask around at school. Start off casual, ask ppl if they play games, what kind, ect. It's hard but it's possible. Hopefully you can find someone.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Which one was Smashallday? Is he the one who was eerily good for how short of a time he'd been playing?

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
So I got 200 pages into the first Sword of Truth book last night. Borrowed it from an inmate to help kill some time.

I gotta say, that's some poorly written stuff right there. The bullet point list of the actual plot seem fine, and the characters are alright, but man it's totally written on an 8th grade reading level.

Well, the inmate has the first 6 volumes, so maybe Goodkind will improve as it goes along. It's hard to focus on the actual narrative when my thoughts keep running to "This is all it takes to be a New York Times #1 bestseller? I could totally do better."

Smashallday

Smash Rookie
Well I can't put my stuff in the Arkansas Smash finders thread so anyone who has access to that, plz add my name to the list, i'm looking for ppl to play around washington county/NWA.

Name: John AKA Smashallday
Main: Falco
Alt: Peach, Jiggles

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
So I got 200 pages into the first Sword of Truth book last night. Borrowed it from an inmate to help kill some time.

I gotta say, that's some poorly written stuff right there. The bullet point list of the actual plot seem fine, and the characters are alright, but man it's totally written on an 8th grade reading level.

Well, the inmate has the first 6 volumes, so maybe Goodkind will improve as it goes along. It's hard to focus on the actual narrative when my thoughts keep running to "This is all it takes to be a New York Times #1 bestseller? I could totally do better."
Yeah The Sword of Truth novels are a bunch of generic crap. The 4th - 7th ones are honestly among the worst fantasy I have ever read. It gets better after that but still very mediocre.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Arby, you'd better practice up dude. You and Jace are in the same pool at FC. You also got DoH and Irish, so good luck and I hope you make it out!

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I'm going for the trip son! Tourney won't be very exciting cuz it's like Mango vs Hbox for finals sadly. Oh well, top 10 will be decently interesting to watch unfold.

Vts' pool is easy as ballz while Adam/Will got boned a little. Pools aren't balanced but they never are.

Vts

Smash Champion
so don't see ace or saberguy on the list, do you guys just want to take 1 car?

i can fit everyone since it's would just me be driving up by myself since g.vice isn't going and ace hasn;t answered back in forever and saberguy didn't register.

but my room is wobbles and DoH now since it's pretty much empty ><

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm going for the trip son! Tourney won't be very exciting cuz it's like Mango vs Hbox for finals sadly. Oh well, top 10 will be decently interesting to watch unfold.

Vts' pool is easy as ballz while Adam/Will got boned a little. Pools aren't balanced but they never are.
Mango isn't going.

Vts

Smash Champion
not going to lie everyone's pool is like 2x harder than mine if not 3x lol.

doh said it's top 4 who get out so woot, i might be 2nd or 3rd seed.

strongbad's pool is also hard, adam's is just stupid , arby's is gay 2 peaches both really good and jace . yoshiman's is maybe hardest (trail, bl@ck chris, jmoan,chilling dude).

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
not going to lie everyone's pool is like 2x harder than mine if not 3x lol.

doh said it's top 4 who get out so woot, i might be 2nd or 3rd seed.

strongbad's pool is also hard, adam's is just stupid , arby's is gay 2 peaches both really good and jace . yoshiman's is maybe hardest (trail, bl@ck chris, jmoan,chilling dude).
Yeah that sucks. I hope you guys all make it out. VTS watch out for ORLY too, he's a Falcon probably as good or possibly better than Jace. Hax ofc. Omnigamer was good way back in the day but I'd be surprised if he beat you. I think you're right, 2nd or 3rd depending on if you can beat ORLY.

EDIT: March Hare, Mango said earlier on Facebook that he wasn't going, $ issues.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Arby, you can potential make it out of there bro. I want you to tell me how good Pseudoturtle is when you get to play him.

Also Yoshiman, I wanna know how good Bl@ckchris is too. You'll have to beat him to get out of pools.

There's no excuses for ANYONE here in Arkansas to lose to any Ganons!!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
So...there's still hope that I might be able to go to FC

...maybe. If they aren't closing on registration anytime soon. Even if I'm not able to enter the tournament though, I'd like to go for friendlies and to experience it. If work doesn't pan out on the 12th that is...

edit* nvm- I start on the 13th. GGs to all going.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Hi there

I live in Arkansas and I'm looking to get into competitive Melee.

Just wondering, do y'all have any weekly or monthly meetups or something?

Vts

Smash Champion
hello and welcome lash, umm no monthlies or weeklies though maybe start up them again soon but more of smash fests with just pools or something for fun but not really big enough community to host tournaments , right now the players around here are. Where are you from and who do you play?

saberguy-falco/falcon/fox/marth- little rock- mostly free but hard to get a hold of
chamberlin-fox- little rock- semi retired/busy with real life
arby-falcon/marth/dk/fox/pichu- little rock- free for few days but can't really go anywhere outside ular (no car yet)
yoshiman-yoshi/falcon- little rock?- he's easy to get a hold of but sometimes he rather stare at his computer screen
G.vice-Ganon- little rock- he's easy to get with right now but starts real job soon
ace-marth/falcon/falco-jacksonville- hard to get a hold of but if u can plays forever and fun games.
VTS-IC-north little rock- me, my number is 501-743-9497, pretty much makes time for melee, also i'm pretty good teacher/crappy player.

btw we are playing tonight in little rock

Smashallday

Smash Rookie
Or if you live in NWA I'm looking to game, I know a decent amount but need someone else to play with. PM me on here if you're in nwa area.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
man everyone lives in Little Rock :O I know G. Vice btw. I've met him before at a tournament.

I live in Conway. I'm gonna be a freshmen at UCA so I'll be starting classes there in a couple weeks. I'm not sure I'll be able to come to Little Rock that often. Gas money and i ain't got a job yet :/

Also, I just wanna say, while I really wanna get into competitive Melee, I've never played competitive Melee. Like, ever. So, I'll be pretty terrible for awhile :rolleyes:

Vts

Smash Champion
no worries i travel all the time to play people since i can't really have people over since my house is so small i can only have like 1 at a time since i'll run out of room for people to sit lol.

but if you got a place i'm pretty sure i can talk arby and yoshiman into going up to visit you in Conway every once in a while.

if you need a ride i don't mind giving you one , just be warned i stay out late lol.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Ehh, well I'm only 18 and still living with my parents. Plus I'm staying at home for college (cuz it's cheaper and only 5 minutes away)

I have my own car tho, don't worry.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Got another hundred pages into Wizards First Rule. In all honesty it's one of the most inspirational books I've ever read.

Kahlan refused Adie's offer of her bed. She and Richard laid their bedrolls near the fire, and Adie retired to her room. Richard put a few more logs in the fire,
remembering how Kahlan liked to be by a fire.
And the next paragraph

Kahlan sat on the floor by the fire with her legs crossed, watching him. When he came back to his blanket, she lay down on her back, pulling the blanket up to her waist. The house was quiet -and felt safe. Rain continued to fall outside. It felt good being by the fire. He was tired.
And THIS got published? Good god, it totally gives me the push to start working on something of my own.

This is some seriously amateurish stuff. Just reading Goodkind gives me a headache from all the MojoJojo-like prose. It really makes me appreciate King, Sanderson, and hell, Applegate a hell of a lot more.

After reading some online reviews, apparently the series goes down a blatant Objectivist philosophy and starts preaching about the evils of communism with cardboard cut-out villains and weird S&M fantasies. Magical.

Top Bottom