• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Zero Mafia/Newbie 21! Game Over. Mafia Wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Vote count VII:

LoliLovesRain [0]
Ori_bro [0]
BadWolf28738 [5] Kary, PrivateJoker-Brown, Ori_bro, Orboknown, -Masquerain-
PrivateJoker-Brown [2] Badwolf, Gheb
-Masquerain- [0]
Orboknown [0]
BSP [0]
Kary [0]
Gheb_01 [0]

Not Voting: BSP, Loli​

A lynch has been reached!

It is now twilight until I can post the flip.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Why am I scum if Badwolf flips town? I pushed him because I thought he was scum. i voted him because I thought he was scum. You, Masquerain, hammered him, because you finally agreed that he was scum. I fail to see the implications of us just being wrong about thinking that his decidedly scummy behavior looked scummy.

#HBC | ѕoup

The sun was setting..and the mood has quieted down. The resistance have had a hard day struggling against Neo Arcadia, and it seems that the night could ever be so fitting here. The group had decided to leave one of their members behind, to be engulfed in the desert and buried in the night. Badwolf could not speak against it, and in a final breath he only said...

"My master..I have failed you."

Sage Harpuia, Vanilla Townie has been left behind.

It is now Night One. You have 48 hours to send in an action, all actions not received will be randomized.​

#HBC | ѕoup

Reminder to send in all actions in 24 hours. Some of you have not sent me anything yet, and that will result in your action being completely randomized. Get to it!

#HBC | ѕoup

The resistance had slept throughout the cold night, only to awaken to tragedy. It was not known by many, but it felt like someone had just faded away...The Resistance moved on further trying to not think about these foolish thoughts..Ori_bro was lost, but not forgotten.

Cyber X, Vanilla Townie has faded away.

Vote count VIII:

LoliLovesRain [0]
PrivateJoker-Brown [0]
-Masquerain- [0]
Orboknown [0]
BSP [0]
Kary [0]
Gheb_01 [0]

Not Voting: BSP, Loli, Orboknown, Kary, Gheb_01, -Masquerain-, PrivateJoker-Brown.

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok, so I think it's about time that Orbo joined the party instead of skating by on Rake's activity. He was the last person to jump on the Badwolf wagon before Masque hammered him, and he didn't give us a reason at all. Given this, in addition to Rake's initial tunnel on him, I think he has some explaining to do.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Ok, so I think it's about time that Orbo joined the party instead of skating by on Rake's activity. He was the last person to jump on the Badwolf wagon before Masque hammered him, and he didn't give us a reason at all. Given this, in addition to Rake's initial tunnel on him, I think he has some explaining to do.
I think you should calm down and not have a fit about me being busy.

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Right.

Go town, indeed.

Looks like I have some clearing up to do; I'll get to that.

@BSP: Who is your top scumspect at the start of toDay?

@JokerB: What is your read on Gheb given his vote on you yesterDay?

Vote: LoliLovesRain

BSP

Smash Legend
Top would be Joker.

I know I just asked Masq why he would consider Joker being scum if BW flipped town and Gheb explained why this could be bad, but I read through Masq's posts concerning Joker and I can see why he isn't looking too good in Masq's eyes. If Joker doesn't step up his game for toDay, I wouldn't be opposed to lynching him. Let's give him a chance though.

I do agree with Joker regarding looking into Orbo though. We need to try to figure out why the slot tunneled Badwolf so hard from the get-go, and the reason for that vote. My guess is that he just read up and thought BW was the best choice, but he should say something about it.

Orbo, can you give us any insight on what that tunnel on BW may have been for? And your vote on BW?

Kary, who's your top pick for toDay? I'm not going to assume it's the vote because you could be doing that for other reasons.

Joey and Gheb , who do you want to look into today? Are you going to keep looking at Joker, or are you going to search around some more?

BSP

Smash Legend
@everyone- do you see Rake's tunnel on BW as anti town? Or do you think that's jumping to conclusions?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I agree with looking into Orbo. I'd like to see some posts from him.

Ori was my other suspect besides Joker, so I'm going to put my vote down now.

Vote: Joker

I need to re-read. I'll do that over the next two days I suppose xD.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@Kary: I can't really take anything from Gheb's vote on me other than a null read. Half the people in the game were voting me yesterday, Gheb was just the only one too stubborn to remove his vote. If Masque hadn't hammered BW when he did, Gheb may have made the same decision. Since there's no way to know, I can't really gather anything from it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, who's your top pick for toDay? I'm not going to assume it's the vote because you could be doing that for other reasons.
ahaha
i'll tell you in a bit.

they know who they are.

@everyone- do you see Rake's tunnel on BW as anti town? Or do you think that's jumping to conclusions?
no

maybe- what sort of conclusions?
anti-town is a playstyle, not an alignment;
not all town players play pro-town, and vice versa.

I need to re-read. I'll do that over the next two days I suppose xD.
You appear to have some questions you haven't answered; do they require a re-read to answer?

I'm not having a fit about you being busy, my suspicion of you is justified. Do you disagree?
I don't like this line of questioning; I find it lacklustre.

You need to be looking at more than one player at a time, and not just focusing on whoever you find scummiest. What's your opinion on Loli?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm going to look into Joker, yes. I'm open to opinions of course, and I will look at other players, but Joker is probably the person I want lynched.

I also haven't re-read yet. Yay rhythm games and Dgames Toohoomon nuzlocke <3.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Joey: you're looking into Joker, because Badwolf flipped town Y/N?
also, don't give me your pokéjohns

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~advice dog~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You guys keep saying "we should lynch joker because he will never change his play". But you haven't actually said why you don't like my play, or why it's wrong. I'm a newbie who is supposed to be learning, and the only person who has actually explained himself to me, told me he can't wait for me to join a non newbie game so I can get my **** wrecked. Nice.
yeah about that.
I found you some opinions:

What options are there to consider? The deadline is tomorrow, and there's only 2 people on the chopping block, and one of them is me. I have pretty much everybody as a null or town read except for badwolf. What am I supposed to say here? "I think we should look into 'so and so' that I don't find suspicious"?
Become suspicious of someone. Anyone who you don't have as a strong town read is a reasonable target. Re-read someone; if no-one springs to mind, re-read someone inactive. You don't lump people into two categories, scum and not scum; it's a sliding scale- put your reads in order and work up from the scummiest.

Why is me trying to lynch my scumpick anti-town? I'm just not really understanding that. Can you tell me, specifically, what you think I did that was anti-town?
Doing nothing but trying to get another player lynched. And in the process saving yourself. Can't see why that might be scummy? Sometimes you have to compromise as town; you can't swing a lynch without the support of others, and without working together. Why not ask other players who they find scummy, or try to make a more convincing argument?

@everyoneSo if I'm lynched and my role flips exactly as I said I was, will you be lynching Badwolf next as a result? Will my reads be paid any attention at all, or will I be written off as "lol, nublet" and die in vain?
No townie dies in vain, don't be daft. Lynches and waggons and votes give you information about players in the game that you can use to search for scum. Mafia is a co-operative game, and you can win from the grave. There's no need to take a 'pity me' view, and it doesn't really aid town. Defend yourself, yes, show why you are town; but don't just look for sympathy.

Ok so Badwolf left. He was viewing the MLP game, then he viewed this game, then he went away. So if he says it's because he just leaves the tab open all the time, I call bull****. :glare:
This game can be frustrating, I know. But call a player out like this and they're unlikely to respond positively to it; it's probably not worth it.

Joker is trying to hunt for players he thinks are scum, therefore we should lynch him for being anti-town

Badwolf refuses to read other players and hasn't done anything other than give OMGUS votes

Clearly these 2 people are equally worthy of your scorn?
Do you think Badwolf was scummy in not doing anything?
Can you appreciate people might find you scummy in trying to lynch him, if they thought he might be town?

Except that I do listen to reason, and nobody has actually told me anything they actually think is wrong with my play.
You need to focus less on what people say, and try and figure out what they mean. Beyond that, you need to try and figure out their intentions.
Also, try and push your reads more. If you're not getting anywhere with someone, push someone else.

More than Badwolf, or anyone else for that matter, has done. Not my fault nobody has done anything this game except take a side against either me or badwolf the last couple days. Those comments, included my reads.
quantity =/= quality, yeah?

and the closing notes;
Mafia is a game where some number of people may well try and kill you for no reason whatsoever. It's not worth worrying too much about the fact that other players dislike you- for all you know they might just be scum trying to bring you down. Try not to take it personally, or to blow it out of proportion.

As a postscript I should add that this advice seems fair regardless of your alignment; whether you're town or scum you probably shouldn't be looking scummy and desperate Day 1.

Good luck.

BSP

Smash Legend
ahaha
i'll tell you in a bit.

they know who they are.
ok

no

maybe- what sort of conclusions?
anti-town is a playstyle, not an alignment;
not all town players play pro-town, and vice versa.
I was thinking scum as a conclusion, but I just read your advice to Joker, so I guess I should say leaning scum. But then I see anti town being a playstyle, not alignment...

So let me rephrase that. Do you think the tunnel tells anything of alignment?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Jokers (he was the other lynch iirc) early posts read more townie to me and i only had read indepth through page four atm.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Do you think the tunnel tells anything of alignment?
yes
town-lean

not concerned for how he looked
trying to pressure badwolf for reaction
not trying to get badwolf lynched

Imagine you know that Joker is town (pretend he has a cop clear, whatever);
given that, who do you want to look at toDay?

BSP

Smash Legend
Alright, that's what I thought too when I looked over both their posts. However, IDK about throwing a vote which put him at L-1 when you're only indepth up to p4 and we had a bit more talk beyond that.

Once you get on a comp, let me know who you're thinking of looking into next.

BSP

Smash Legend
yes
town-lean

not concerned for how he looked
trying to pressure badwolf for reaction
not trying to get badwolf lynched
Alright.

Imagine you know that Joker is town (pretend he has a cop clear, whatever);
given that, who do you want to look at toDay?
I was thinking Orbo because of the fact his vote was the L-1 one and he just said that he hadn't read much into the thread indepth when he put it. Not wanting a NL is reasonable, but I still don't like the L-1 vote without being caught up at least. I'd keep an eye on him.

Other than that, I'd like to see Loli start making cases on people besides Joker. I want to see her put out something based on her own reads.

So Loli, what do you think about the BW town flip? And where would you start looking next?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
What's your opinion on Loli?
I find her to be sheepy, and I don't like it. Her justification for wanting me dead felt weak to me. I don't really know what decisions she's making on her own, since she only makes any moves on people who are already in the hotseat. On the flip side, she probably would've been ok with voting Badwolf if she was scum, seeing as how he ended up being town afterall. I don't think it makes her scum, but it does make me wish she'd make an attempt to voice an opinion that somebody else didn't already voice first.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well, there's a lot of things badwolf's town flip could mean for your slot.

If you were scum: The whole deal with yesterday may have been you knowing that Badwolf was putting himself in a terrible position all along, so you started singling me out as well. As a mafia, obviously you'd have known that both Badwolf and I were town, so you painted me as lynch worthy as well. This way you could have legitimate reasoning to get rid of the other one, no matter who ended up being lynched, even though everyone is in agreement that Joker v Badwolf is not necessarily Scum v Town. This would explain your last minute switch to the Badwolf wagon, despite the fact that nothing had changed about the case against him. The problem with this theory is that you obviously weren't alone in your line of thought. Many townies may have done the same thing.

If you were town: You likely chose me because you think I have an attitude problem, and read my confidence (which I feel is necessary in this game, since you can't just go around second guessing yourself and leaving backdoors in every read you make) as arrogance. Voting Badwolf obviously wasn't a terrible idea, since he was outright refusing to help the town at every turn. When the deadline got too close, you hammered the only guy you actually could hammer in an effort to avoid a No-Lynch. It was awfully sudden, but it may have been necessary for the good of the town.

There's no way for me to know which of these is correct, or even if either one is correct in the slightest. You may very well have had entirely different reasoning in either instance, these are just the things I, personally, can think of. At the end of the day, I can't take anything away from it other than a Null read. Badwolf's flip doesn't really tell me anything about you right now. :glare:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
There's no way for me to know which of these is correct, or even if either one is correct in the slightest. You may very well have had entirely different reasoning in either instance, these are just the things I, personally, can think of. At the end of the day, I can't take anything away from it other than a Null read. Badwolf's flip doesn't really tell me anything about you right now. :glare:
:facepalm:

analyze this post for me:
unvote

Vote: Badwolf

Joker better get his head in the game tomorrow.

BadWolf you had your chance to put out some reads and you just didn't. You're playing so anti-town at this point that not lynching you is honestly stupid.

Joker is probably scum on Badwolf town flip. BadWolf didn't give us anything for BadWolf scum flip (which is why I'm starting to think that he's scum), so I'm gonna have to re-read.
I'm not interested in what the possibilities are; I want the impression you get from it. What do you think/feel about each thing Joey says? Talk about why you think Joey said them.

#HBC | ѕoup

Alright, I'll contact one of my replacements if she doesn't post in 24 hours.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I think he's trying to paint me as scummy in case of Badwolf flipping town, even though it's, in no way, a safe assumption to make. He hammered Badwolf because it was easy, plain and simple. I don't like the sudden flip, and I'm keeping an eye on him.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Also, he's trying to make it seem like he's being reasonable with the "Joker better get his head in the game" line. In reality, he wants me dead no matter what happens today, as evidenced by his immediate vote on me.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
:urg:

Why would it be considered painting you as scum from the flip if I had you as a scum read before the flip occurred VERY openly? Remember that I was the main push behind your lynch yesterday.

Also do you really expect me to keep my vote on you when BadWolf literally was being the most anti-town player? He refused to do anything for us. He needed to go. Simple as that.

Also also, I defended BadWolf. I said I wouldn't lynch BadWolf multiple times. He had MANY chances to turn around and give reads. You're saying that me as scum would have set it up to where I could lynch either, but with the way I was talking about BadWolf, do you really think I could have pulled off a BadWolf lynch if he had actually done something? It was pretty open that if BadWolf would have played the game and given reads, that I wouldn't have lynched him at all.

Why are you trying to say that I set it up to where I could have lynched either of you when in reality BadWolf dug his own grave? Are you trying to say that I wanted to lynch BadWolf when I was defending him and calling him town? :s.

By the way, I said that line because I wanted you to not be as arrogant after the flip (since you had no idea where to go after the flip, I figured that you would probably make less reaching points and stuff). However, this obviously hasn't changed. You're still making reaching points, you're still only showing distaste in the people that go after you, and you're still playing this game very poorly.

You're not going to change the way you play. The way you play is scummy. Therefore, I want you dead.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
:urg:

Why would it be considered painting you as scum from the flip if I had you as a scum read before the flip occurred VERY openly? Remember that I was the main push behind your lynch yesterday.

Also do you really expect me to keep my vote on you when BadWolf literally was being the most anti-town player? He refused to do anything for us. He needed to go. Simple as that.

Also also, I defended BadWolf. I said I wouldn't lynch BadWolf multiple times. He had MANY chances to turn around and give reads. You're saying that me as scum would have set it up to where I could lynch either, but with the way I was talking about BadWolf, do you really think I could have pulled off a BadWolf lynch if he had actually done something? It was pretty open that if BadWolf would have played the game and given reads, that I wouldn't have lynched him at all.

Why are you trying to say that I set it up to where I could have lynched either of you when in reality BadWolf dug his own grave? Are you trying to say that I wanted to lynch BadWolf when I was defending him and calling him town? :s.

By the way, I said that line because I wanted you to not be as arrogant after the flip (since you had no idea where to go after the flip, I figured that you would probably make less reaching points and stuff). However, this obviously hasn't changed. You're still making reaching points, you're still only showing distaste in the people that go after you, and you're still playing this game very poorly.

You're not going to change the way you play. The way you play is scummy. Therefore, I want you dead.

You mean you lynched him for doing all the stuff that I had explicitly stated he was doing all along, and was the reason I was going after him in the first place? Wow, I can see how you would be so convinced by all the absolutely nothing that had changed. You didn't have to push Badwolf's lynch for him to be a lynch target, he was doing that all by himself. Then you hammered him after you had spent a sufficient amount of time painting me as scum for wanting him dead for all the exact reasons that you inevitably killed him yourself.

And you were the main push behind my lynch? Yea it must have been real hard work being the 3rd guy on my wagon, and having nobody follow after that point. Good job pushing that lynch, bro. You saw 2 wagons forming, and you played both sides. Simple as that.

Top Bottom