• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I hope we all get made fun of for donating that much, have people call us desperate to fit in the rest of the fgc, and have people point out that we might as well may have hosted our own tournament with that money.
I hope they don't.

But, even if they do, it doesn't matter!

BrandX

Smash Ace
I'll probably come back by tomorrow. I really like all of you very much. I hope we can be close friends lol

....****...I'll be getting less then 3 hours of sleep...dammit.

Night everyone lol

BrandX

Smash Ace
Oh sorry one last thing. We all should agree on one thing.

No matter who becomes a main tournament or a side tournament, both tournaments will be better then Street Fighter X Tekken...

**** that game.

Good Night everyone!

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman

No matter who becomes a main tournament or a side tournament, both tournaments will be better then Street Fighter X Tekken...

**** that game.

Good Night everyone!

I don't agree. That game is getting updated and may not be *** anymore. :L

Bacons

Smash Rookie
Hey BrandX, I'm from Vegas as well. I was wondering if you knew about Gemini Arcade Palace? Most of our tournaments are run there. I know there are fgc guys there on Fridays for casuals. Not sure if they play Skullgirls though.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice

**** that game.

Good Night everyone!
You remind me of me when I tried bathsalts lmao

:phone:

Swann

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably come back by tomorrow. I really like all of you very much. I hope we can be close friends lol

....****...I'll be getting less then 3 hours of sleep...dammit.

Night everyone lol
Dude, definitely stick around. You're a nice guy.

THIRTEEN THOUSAND

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Well this lasted for like a couple of hours, not 10 minutes.
prog and the other guys at MIOM said they were gonna donate $3 for every $1 donated during their podcast for up to an hour.

Imagine their surprise seeing that goal of $1000 reached in under 10 minutes.

melee, u lost a lot of bank
For an excellent cause

Edit: Brand X is a homie.

outofphase

Smash Apprentice
wow i am seriously impressed by everybodys dedication and sacrifice to see this game grow. melee is a special game, and although im not very involved in the community (honestly dont fit in so well aside from loving melee) its obviously something that means a great deal to alot of people.

good **** melee

BrandX

Smash Ace
Hey BrandX, I'm from Vegas as well. I was wondering if you knew about Gemini Arcade Palace? Most of our tournaments are run there. I know there are fgc guys there on Fridays for casuals. Not sure if they play Skullgirls though.
Yeah I've been there many times, and no, nobody plays skullgirls there unfortunately :(

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Skullgirls and MLP communities will absolutely -never- forgive the smash community for trying to get a game that has had 12 years of exposure at EVO once again.

EDIT: Their vocal minority that we will listen to, of course.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Skullgirls and MLP communities will absolutely -never- forgive the smash community for trying to get a game that has had 12 years of exposure at EVO once again.
What??? What do you mean? I thought tension between SkullGirls and Smash Bros was not around anymore??

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I think he might be referring to our efforts in taking a massive lead in this donations race, with the implication that we'll win so strongly that they won't forgive us for shrimping their efforts

BrandX

Smash Ace
I think he might be referring to our efforts in taking a massive lead in this donations race, with the implication that we'll win so strongly that they won't forgive us for shrimping their efforts
Oh right, Kinda how I was feeling. I guess that does make sense, we did take a massive blow after how hard we tried to stay in the lead.

It was so huge that I don't think SkullGirls can make a comback unless they have some kind of plan lol.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Well, that Number 13 guy in the Skullgirls thread seems to be trying to imply that they'll snipe us near the very end. However, it might just be a bluff and he could be saying that to inspire confidence in everyone even if he has nothing planned.

I wonder if he knows about that one tournament where the entrance fee goes straight to donations. How big is that thing going to be again? And then it sounds like some of the APEX winners are still planning on donating money. And more tournaments will probably have their own donation pools. And they have about 1/3rd of our donations.

But his avatar is Gendo Ikari so I can't help but feel a twinge of fear that he has a plan.

And it involves orange juice. >_>

BrandX

Smash Ace
Hey is there like a melee general discussion topic? I kinda want to tell a story about an experience I had with melee years ago, but I dont want to spam up this topic lol

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Hey is there like a melee general discussion topic? I kinda want to tell a story about an experience I had with melee years ago, but I dont want to spam up this topic lol

Idk. I only came back to these forums to help spread the word, encourage fellow donators, and send messages to the SRK side of things since FOR SOME REASON, they've closed down registration on the SRK forums.

Which is KINDA dumb when you have communities involved in the contest who aren't necessarily a part of the FGC. I don't know, maybe they'd be interested in joining your forums and actually trying out YOUR games? I'm sincerely hoping that this isn't in response to the amount of support that the Bronies and Smashers have been showing. If you're not ready to have foreigners enter your land, you shouldn't have given them boats in the first place.

... But it's probable that this was just a coincidence since they DID give us boats in the first place.

I'd really like to echo the guy in the Player's Choice thread saying "God forbid Melee players just want their game to be at the biggest major, and don't actually have anything to prove." I'd also like to tell that Archer ******* in the Skullgirl thread that he's an idiot and should leave them alone. -_-

Also, Skullgirls has gone up to $4950. That's $500 dollars since the first post was edited about an hour ago. Not anything significant compared to what we did but I think it's good to keep an eye on everything.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Idk. I only came back to these forums to help spread the word, encourage fellow donators, and send messages to the SRK side of things since FOR SOME REASON, they've closed down registration on the SRK forums.

Which is KINDA dumb when you have communities involved in the contest who aren't necessarily a part of the FGC. I don't know, maybe they'd be interested in joining your forums and actually trying out YOUR games? I'm sincerely hoping that this isn't in response to the amount of support that the Bronies and Smashers have been showing. If you're not ready to have foreigners enter your land, you shouldn't have given them boats in the first place.

... But it's probable that this was just a coincidence since they DID give us boats in the first place.

I'd really like to echo the guy in the Player's Choice thread saying "God forbid Melee players just want their game to be at the biggest major, and don't actually have anything to prove." I'd also like to tell that Archer ******* in the Skullgirl thread that he's an idiot and should leave them alone. -_-

Also, Skullgirls has gone up to $4950. That's $500 dollars since the first post was edited about an hour ago. Not anything significant compared to what we did but I think it's good to keep an eye on everything.
Um...most of that had nothing to do with what I aksed lol. But nice to know we boosted prettt quickly, ill be donating 60 when I get home.

I was just asking if there was a general discussion topic here lol

0sh

Smash Cadet
SRK has limited the number of signups for some time now. Anyone who used the site before the server change (about a fornight ago) can tell you how atrocious attempting to use SRK was for six months to a year before then, and I believe (though I'm not certain) that this is partly why they have those limits. It's also something I've heard people talk about signups being refused a while ago, so it's not just SRK trying to keep dem smashbroads out.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
SRK has limited the number of signups for some time now. Anyone who used the site before the server change (about a fornight ago) can tell you how atrocious attempting to use SRK was for six months to a year before then, and I believe (though I'm not certain) that this is partly why they limit signups. It's also something I've heard people talk about a while ago, so it's not just SRK trying to keep dem smashbroads out.
Jeez, and I just sent a tweet to Mr. Wizard mentioning how there is probably a number of people who would be interested in joining because of this donation drive. No mention of them keeping us out or anything (could barely fit my request of opening registration in one tweet). But yeah, I sorta figured that would be the case. Although it kinda scares me with how slow the forums move even when I'm just lurking them. Especially compared to Smashboards. Then again, I recall back when Brawl came out in Japan. This site was soooooo slow.

BrandX

Smash Ace
I guess no one wants to hear the story of how I was competitve at melee ONCE in my life, and how I could started my career >w>

Guess Ill just...lol

Mahie

Smash Lord
You know you could have looked it up yourself : http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284387

I'm fairly interested but to be honest I'm not expecting much. I'll still commend you for your dedication but if you'll allow me, you should proofread your posts before posting them and anything that you would put in the 'whine' category, you should just delete, if you feel like becoming a leader and nurturing a community you're going to need to act the part.

Slashy

Smash Lord
If you can't find anybody in Melee you like Project M's a pretty big thing too and any Melee player can pick it up and play just fine.
If Melee is successful at EVO this year, it is very possible that Project:M will be a major side event at EVO 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom