• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I swear...

GameFAQers are the most ignorant and lazy people ever. They just refuse to believe that Wolf Link has a chance... Even after I posted my moveset!

*Just got done debating with an army of them.*

melee_man

Smash Cadet
I support midna being in brawl. Old news for most people,
but I did come up with a moveset, and posted it in the midna charachter suggestion topic.
(The poll one)
whatevs.

EDIT: To you above:
you're a comedian.
Wolf link has a chance, but that would just make ANOTHER link.
Id say Midna has a better chance, but nobody can say for sure.
...I am kinda from gfaqs. I love to know that I am lazy and ignorant.

Smady

Smash Master
Overall User Rankings

Welcome to the User Rankings! Every Monday, I'll be compiling the entire of the last week's activity in the thread and showing off, just who is the most active member? The point of this exercise is to recognise the most dedicated among us – those make your movers who are currently pushing the boundaries, as well as highlighting all movesets made by them.

To get on this list, you need to have made a moveset in this or a previous Make Your Move, as well as having posted in the Make Your Move 10 thread. The cut-off point for tallying is 3:59PM on Monday EST, 5:59PM PMT or 11:59PM GMT; other removals or changes are at my own discretion. The breakdown of points is as follows:
30 points for a Moveset
5 points for a Comment
4 points for a Secondary Submission
2 points for a Secondary Submission Comment
1 point for a Regular Post
+Regular Posts do not stack
+Secondary Submissions are MYminis, Joke Movesets and other miscellaneous submissions
Week #1
Week #2
Week #3
Week #4
Week #5
Week #6
Week #7
Week #8
Week #9
Week #10
Week #11
Week #12
Week #13
Week #14

Points: 712, Movesets: Vol Opt, Kyubey, Fruit Yummy Mummy, Gatsaf, Kyoko Sakura, Elesh Norn, Jin-Gitaxias, Sheoldred, Urabrask, Vorinclex, Slaking

Points: 705, Movesets: Gangreen Gang, Le'Quack, Hammerhead, JJJ, Iggy Koopa, Beezwax, Dedede Remix, Crawdaunt, Goriath

Points: 560, Movesets: Linebeck, Mask DeMasque, Gruntilda, Copycat, Giant Bat, Medusa, Mummy Men, The Creature, Piggybank, Dragonite, Pyoro, Minnie the Minx

Points: 410, Movesets: Farfetch'd, Chaos 0, Pichu, Elspeth, Cubone

Points: 348, Movesets: Boom Boom, Dark Star, Kanden, 88 Teeth, Jeff Madrox, Glaceon, Darth Vader, Tul-Bak-Ra

Points: 344, Movesets: Marvin the Martian, Freaky Fred, Pussycat Puss, Count Chocula, Princess Kraehe, Dr. House, Yukon Cornelius, Olimar Remix, The Grinch

Points: 321, Movesets: Sayaka Miki, Cutey Mark Crusaders, Invidia, Whispy Woods, Mr. Dooter, Magolor

Points: 312, Movesets: Majora's Sceptile, Leviathan, Deviljho, Jinouga, New Destroyman, Garrick, Mello, Metal General, Galacta Knight

Points: 294, Movesets: QWOP, King Ramses, Knight Man, Escavalier, Phantom, Zombie, Jukebox Jaw, Teru Mikami, Landia

Points: 293, Movesets: King K. Rool, Double Header, Bowser, Gaston, Burgermeister Meisterburger, Kloak

Points: 275, Movesets: Octavia, Jack Skellington, Po, Aisling

Points: 260, Movesets: Fright Knight, Buizel, Kenji and Hisao

Points: 249, Movesets: Mouse Man, Wolf Man, Flat Top, Lucio Fulci

Points: 234, Movesets: Fefnir, Harpuia, Phantom, Leviathan, CloudMan.EXE

Points: 120, Movesets: Rulue, Malcolm, Marian, Draco Centauros

Points: 106, Movesets: Pachirisu, Margaret Moonlight, Appetizer

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
You might want to update Zelda's status from very likely to confirmed now.

And I'm glad to see that no mention of Shiek has made you happy, let's just hope Sakurai doesn't try to ruin that happiness.

Though it looks like they are definitely going with the TP look for the Zelda characters, so I'm pretty confident that Ganondorf will get his TP look now (though I can't say I want him to get that Sage sword though, it doesn't quite fit him).

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Figured I'd take a shot at the 40-man challenge:

Super Mario Bros (5)
Mario - Kind of has to be there.
Luigi - See above.
Peach - Female character. She's coming back.
Bowser - Bad boy of the Mario-verse.
Bowser Jr. - I think his recent activity merits a spot.

Yoshi's Story (1)
Yoshi - Has a song and stage. Almost guaranteed.

Wario Ware (1)
Wario - Already confirmed.

The Legend of Zelda (4)
Link - See Mario.
Zelda - Already confirmed.
Ganondorf - Bad boy of the Zelda-verse.
Midna / Wolf Link - The prospect of this combo's moveset intrigues me.

Kirby's Dreamland (3)
Kirby - HAL Developed. HAL approved.
Metaknight - See above.
King Dedede - He's been around long enough. He deserves it.

Metroid (3)
Samus / Zero Suit Samus - Counted as two characters.
Ridley - Do I have to say anything?

Pokemon (4)
Pikachu - See Mario.
Jigglypuff - As much as I'd like to see this character gone. Odds are she'll be back.
Mewtwo - Bad boy of the Poke-verse.
Lucario - Just popular enough to make it.

Starfox (4)
Fox - See Mario.
Falco - Luigified Fox. Let Wolf have his own moveset.
Wolf - Bad boy of the . . . well, universe.
Krystal - Another female character with rising fame.

Donkey Kong (2)
DK - See Mario.
Diddy - He should have been in Melee. I won't play as him, but he'll be fun to beat up.

Earthbound / Mother (2)
Ness - He's important enough to stick around.
Lucas - A fresh face in the series. He's popular in Japan.

Fire Emblem (4)
Marth - An old representative of the series.
Miciaiah - A magic-user. We don't see many of them.
Ike - A new representative of the series.
Black Knight - The enemy of the new representative of the series.

F-Zero (2)
Captain Falcon - Yeah . . . he's in.
Samurai Goroh - Rival of Falcon. Driver of a badass pink hover-car.

Pikmin (1)
Captain Olimar - Provides for a very unique style of play.

Kid Icarus (1)
Pit - Should've been in sooner.

Third-Party (3)
Snake - Who saw that coming?
Sonic - Sega character that is strongly in debate. Still way up in the air.
Geno - Square character custom-tailored for the Mario world.

Obviously, it's not going to be nearly accurate to what the roster will actually be. It's more of a list of what I actually want to see. It's a wish-list, if you will.

Smady

Smash Master
Well, now is a better time than ever to make another. I think I'm one of the people here who have seriously benefitted from discussion and debate. This'll be as accurate as possible...

Mario - 5
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Bowser Jr.

The most obvious section. Mario, obviously in. Luigi, same as Mario. Bowser's as important as ever and needs some redemption for his terrible 'Melee appearance. Peach is basically in. Bowser Jr. plays such an important role in the recent Super Mario games, he needs to be in. I suggest Bowser Jr. uses his paintbrush for some moves, but does not transform into Shadow Mario.

Wario - 1
Wario

Meh. We only need Wario.

Yoshi - 1
Yoshi

Same as Wario.

Donkey Kong - 2
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong is likely to be confirmed at E3... Diddy is a sure thing too. K. Rool's cool, but really, is he worth the space?

Kirby - 3
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

No idea how anyone could think otherwise here. Absolutely no debate. They're all in.

F-Zero - 2
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Ehehe... Goroh. He's in the 'Melee introduction and plays one of the bigger roles in the games. He'd also be cool, being a fat samurai and all. Falcon's one of the twelve.

Mother/Earthbound - 2
Ness
Lucas {Ness Clone}

Mother doesn't need another character too much. Lucas is the new main character. As with Ninten, Lucas is very similar to Ness. So hit two birds with one stone, clone Ness for a new character.

Pokemon - 4
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario

Pokemans. Lucario represents the new, the other three represent the old. As popular as Pokemans is, the pokeballs and numerous stages can represent hundreds of Pokemon.

Fire Emblem - 3
Marth
Ike
Black Knight {Ike Clone}

Convinced by Wisey. Ike's now only the second main character apart from Marth to be in multiple games, and Black Knight is easily cloned from him and popular. Marth is still very popular and plays well against Ike's power to his elegance.

Zelda - 5
Link (TP)
Young Link (WW)
Zelda (TP)
Ganondorf (TP)
Midna (TP)

Everything has changed. Link is upgraded, confirmed. Zelda is the same as Link. Ganondorf will appear as he did in TP and most likely draw his moveset from that game. WW Link will replace Young Link of OoT, in all respects. Midna, I think, will be included alone to boost her popularity to warrant a second appearance. If done with her, Nintendo may see fit to place her atop Wolf Link. But Nintendo won't be so cruel to cast her aside when she's got a small fanbase...

Who is Sheik?

StarFox - 3
Fox
Krystal
Wolf

I hate removing Falco. The worst part of this by far... But he can be represented in his Arwing on some stages and even shown in the background of others fighting. So his presence won't be missed. Krystal will use her lame staff, Fox will continue fighting as he always has if a bit nerfed. Wolf will combine slow power-hitting with explosives and guns.

Metroid - 4
Samus/
Zamus
Ridley
Dark Samus {Samus Clone}

Samus/Zamus confirmed. I'd really prefer seperate characters... Alas. Ridley was in the 'Melee opening and still extremely popular and prelevant to the games. Dark Samus is teetering on the edge, I expect he'll be cloned off of Samus if only slightly because he's not that important - but Metroid will be getting a big push in 'Smash.

Pikmin - 1

Captain Olimar

Vali convinced me. 'Nuff said.

Classic - 2
Balloon Fighter
Pit

G&W and the ICs, gone. They're really not needed anymore and would slow the game down considerably. Pit and Balloon Fighter would fight against this feeling. Pit's confirmed, Balloon Fighter was rumoured to be a too late, too bad case for 'Melee.

Third-Party - 2
Snake
Sonic

We need no more than these two. Snake is confirmed. Sonic is practically confirmed and a large part of Nintendo's history and somewhat part of the classics. In that way he ticks two boxes, and he'd have a legendary moveset.

Total - 40

Three clones, a lot of sacrifice... But I'm pleased with it.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
The depressing part about making a perfect list is that it can't be bold or superfun.
It must be pragmatic, and realistic.
I really wanted to put in Kamek and Farfetch'd.
But I didn't.
Because they're crack characters.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
Alrighty this is my first post and i've seen your arguements my list and how is

Mario series
Mario (starter)
luigi (easy unlockable)
Peach (starter)
Bowser (starter)
Jr. (easy unlock but still secret to public)
miscellaneous mario character (explain later)

Zelda series
Link (starter)
Zelda (starter)
Ganandorf (50% starter, 50% easy unlockable)
ww link (secret to public and medium unlock)
Midna with Wolf link (easy unlock)

Pokemon
Pikachu (starter)
Jigglypuff (unlock by beating classis)
Mewtwo (25 hrs)
Lucario (easy unlock)

Miscellaneous
Yoshi(starter)
Wario (starter)
Pit (starter)
Olimar (hard unlock)
Snake(easy unlock)
Sonic (medium unlock)

Dk series
Dk (starter)
Diddy (starter)
K. Rool (easy unlock)

Metroid series
Samus/Zamus (one character counted) (starter)
Ridley(starter)
D. SAmus (unlock)

Starfox
Fox (starter)
Krystal (starter)
Wolf (medium unlock)

Kirby series
Kirby(starter)
Meta (starter)
Dedede(unlock)

FE series
Marth(starter)
Ike (unlock)
D. Knight (unlock)

Earthbound
Ness(starter)
Lucas (unlock)

F. Zero
C Falcon(starter)
Goroh(beat adventure with falcon)

That's 40 characters with 20 starters

The extra mario character is due to smash history
Mario always had one more character then Zelda or Pokemon(except in original but jiggly was a surprise character)
Also 5 out of 25 characters in mellee is smaller percentage than 6 out of 40
THerefore the last character is probably Petey, King Boo, or paper

Also I think there will be 45 characters so your favorites and mine are still possible

Smady

Smash Master
It'd be great to have fourty-five characters. We'd get all the characters in grey areas, like K. Rool and Deoxys.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Alrighty this is my first post and i've seen your arguements my list and how is

Mario series
Mario (starter)
luigi (easy unlockable)
Peach (starter)
Bowser (starter)

Zelda series
Link (starter)
Zelda (starter)

Pokemon
Pikachu (starter)
Mewtwo (25 hrs)
Lucario (easy unlock)

Miscellaneous
Yoshi(starter)
Wario (starter)
Pit (starter)
Olimar (hard unlock)
Snake(easy unlock)
Sonic (medium unlock)

Dk series
Dk (starter)
Diddy (starter)
K. Rool (easy unlock)

Metroid series
Ridley(starter)
D. SAmus (unlock)

Starfox
Fox (starter)
Krystal (starter)
Wolf (medium unlock)

Kirby series
Kirby(starter)
Meta (starter)
Dedede(unlock)

FE series
Marth(starter)
Ike (unlock)
D. Knight (unlock)

Earthbound
Ness(starter)
Lucas (unlock)

F. Zero
C Falcon(starter)

Mario always had one more character then Zelda or Pokemon(except in original but jiggly was a surprise character)

Also I think there will be 45 characters so your favorites and mine are still possible
yes, i've decided to start rating posts

mario series
for saying misc character would probably be either king boo, petey, or paper, all who have more chance. mario doesn't need more characters, as i count yoshi and wario as mario characters. even though i hate him, i can't take off for jr because he is an original unique good idea.

LOZ
-1 for putting 3 links in there. i can't take off for 2 links (its happened once), but three is going overboard. i hate ww link, but again, it would be opinionated to take off for that.

Pokemon
i can easily see that happening, and since there are obviously going to be more than 40 character, i suggest you think about deoxys, but since lucario is more popular, good choices.

Misc
most of these are popular enough, but you forgot to add more classic characters, as Sakurai stated he would add more. but since this is limited to forty characters, i won't take off. i would like to remove all your points for cutting G@W, but that would be opinionated.

DK
all the basics. this is all the series needs, and i am pleased you didn't put diddy/dixie duo.

Metroid
zero suit samus does count as separate, (read wiseguy's rules) so you went over the limit.
other than that, perfect.

Starfox
for cutting falco. i didn't cut a whole point as you are limited, but falco to fox is like luigi to mario. just redo his moveset.

Dreamland
perfect here

Fire Emblem
i see no reason to argue, BK is a popular villain, and FE is more popular now so the deserve 3 reps

Earthbound
i can see this happening, though i would rather have other characters than lucas.

F-zero
nothing wrong here.

so overall, 7/10. i wish you had not cut so many melee characters, but you had a low limit, so i can't argue much. nice first post and welcome to smashboards.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
WAH HA HA HA HA HA! It's time for the dreaded "Wiseguy WALL OF PAIN!" Run in terror, mortals!
*Johnknight1 goes and hides under his bed* :chuckle:

I know some impressive Ness players as well. In the hands of a master, Ness can be a deadly adversasry, no question. But I think most people would agree that Ness is a mere shell of his former SSB64 glory.
I agree, there are some impressive Ness', however I think he was definitely one of the most changed characters from SSB64 to Melee. I think the SSB64 Ness is probably better (He's like my 4th best, lol!), and more people generally like his style more. I'm betting Ness will be mid, mid-high, or high tier in Brawl, instead of the bottome tier he was in Melee (in which he should at least be mid-low tier).

Yeah, that does effect the roster alot - but without knowing how extensively the Melee engine was altered for Brawl, it's impossible to know how easily it is to reprogram a returning character compared to designing a new character from scratch. Until more of the roster is revealed, we can only go with our gut instincts, I suppose.
Ya, and hopefully it isn't like MM. Hopefully instead of being the ultimate add on, it tops Melee in all terms and ways. If it is using the same server as before, G&W will only need to be tweaked with moves, and he's done=he's in easier then a clone. It could make or break him.

I really like the idea of a Galaxy stage. From the gameplay footage I've seen, the trippy intergalactic platform jumping of Galaxy lends itself perfectly as a replacement for Rainbow Cruise. But with Lylat Cruise already confirmed, is there room for another space stage?
We can have a bagillion for all I care! I'm sure you're tempted to steal it...

Actually, it's just Irving - not Irvington. But yeah - Symphonia is hard to top. I'm super phyched becuase this Wednesday I'm finally borrowing my friend's PS2 allow with his copy of Tales of Abyss. Now I can finally find out if LukeFonFabre's namesake is all it's cracked up to be (it's the name of the hero in Abyss).

I don't actually own the game, I just wasted 70 hours with my 3 friends beating it (my Pressa owns). Ya ToS was one of the best of the best RPG's last gen, probably only behind FFX, a few FE games, and maybe Golden Sun. Tales of Abyss...sounds familiar, but I've never played it.

Yeah, and now Phantom Hourglass is introducing revolutionary stylus controls in the Zelda formulae. It's great to see that Nintendo continuing to inovate.
Ya Revolution....or Wii and DS! :chuckle:

Word. Now that we're finally getting a Melee sequel this fall, a DS remake of Perfect Dark with Wi-fi is the game I most want to see announced.

ARE YOU LISTENING NINTENDO?!?! MAKE IT HAPPEN PRONTO!
^^^^ Nintendo I demand you to listen to Wiseguy! Problem is PD is still owned by Rare (along with Banjo=new Banjo game coming out, and Conker), but they can still make handheld games for Nintendo.

Urgh.. I meant to say wrench, not hammer. Andy uses a wrench, which I feel would be pretty lame in terms of a moveset. You could do it, but would you really want to?
Ratchet (from Ratchet and Clank) has a wrench too, and a better one for that matter. I would lol so much if he made it, considering he's 4th party! :laugh:

It doesn't make much difference to me. E3 will be the same as it's always been - in that it's the week I spend glued to my computer reading the latest previews and watching the Nintendo Press Conferance via Gametrailers.com.
It'll probably be harder to get insider information, and we won't hear stuff from anywhere outside the non-gaming and gaming press. I swear, E3 is going to be ******** this year.

Cheer up, man. 4 player matches over Wi-fi are exciting enough in and of itself. 6-8players would be awesome, but we can always get that in the next Smash, as you pointed out.
I wasn't down to begin with, it's just me being curious. But I'll be excited when we get it in SSB4....HOPEFULLY! :laugh:

Of the possible Japanese only characters, I conider Lucas to be the best option - given the lack of internationally released Mather games. Heck, if the Earthbound fans prefer Lucas as Ness' clone over Poo, I can live with that. I think it could go either way (or in a comepetly different direction) but I gave the nod to Poo becuase of his unique personality. But yeah, either would be fine with me.
Poo is a neat character, and I'd gotta say if we got a Earth Bound character, I'd want either him or Paula (Earth Bound as in only Earth Bound, not Mother 1 or 3). However, since Lucas is more well-known, is more popular in Japan, I don't see why not. Either way I'd be more than good, I just think the neo-Ness deserves a spot, and if Lucas makes it into Brawl, we can all force Nintendo to bring Mother 3 (and maybe even 1) worldwide, so everyone wins. Maybe overhopeful, but o well.

Smooth Moves has been in the top 10 Wii games since it's release - and it did very well in Japan when it was released at the Wii's launch. But ROB's cameos don't stop there. He also appeared in F-Zero GX (he's the giant Robot in the background of one of the maps) and in Pikmin 2 (Robo's decapitated head was one of the most valuable treasures in the game). He's also been in all the Warioware games, I believe, and you might remember a certain robot sidekick in the Starfoc series who goes by the same name. ROB is the "Where's Waldo" of Nintendo games.
There aren't many good, or even decent Wii games. Most of them are gimmick multi-system games with bad wiimote control and awful motion sensoring. The only good/decent ones I know of are TP (best game...EVER!) , Super Paper Mario, Smooth Moves, Trauma: Second Opinion, Rayman: Raving Rabbids, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Excite Truck, and maybe Madden 07', *shrudders* Wii Sports, *heavily angry he's even thinking this* DBZ: Tenkaichi 2 (o wait that's 11, lol). Wii Play if you want a free Wiimote, lol! :laugh:

Yeah, but atleast all the Metroid games were released in Japan. Marth isn't "predominently" Japanese - he's Japanese only. However, I'll get to that later with Sonic Wave...
Ya, but Metroid Prime 2: Echoes bombed in Japan (haters!). It didn't even sell a million units worldwide=probably because MP1 was too hard for most. Considering how Marth was the most desired character in Japan for Melee, I think it would be unwise of Sakurai to remove him, unless he plans on betraying Japan or something. Along with Ike, he's the most popular FE charcter, probably more than Ike.

To put it simply, it didn't. The game has been in development for like 15 years with no end in sight. The game has been a huge joke - they say they called it Duke Nukem Forever because that's how long it will take to complete.
I've hear of Duke Em Nukem (played it actually), but never heard of Forever. That is a utter joke...I doubt Nintendo will do that. Either they confirm it, or drop it. I bet there will be a sequal to Fusion, maybe this game. It might have it's name changed, but I generally think Nintendo will probably go through with it. Probably.

Sunshine underrated? I'd say the opposite. Many people consider it to be like the second coming, when in fact it's not all that special. Fun, no doubt, but is it really all that revolutionary? I think not.
Sunshine was awsome, only better Mario games IMO were SMB3 (the best=the tunes from that game are permanetely stuck in my head, hapily!), SM64, and SMW2. The jetpack was amazingly original, the rocket launcher thing was amazing, and the one that makes you go fast is awsome. Only problem is there are no cannons, but other than that and the horrid voice acting for Bowser (Bowser Jr.'s was exellent IMO), the game was simply a classic for the ages. Most don't agree with me...

I not too sure if Brawl will outsell Halo 3 initially. The 360 still has ma alrger installed base at present. However, over time I agree that Brawl has the potential is sell more copies as the Wii becomes the leading console of this generation.
It depends how well Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Super Mario Galaxy go=effects tghe Wii sales, a lot. If there was a SSB game 2 or 3 years after Melee with online identical to Halo 2, then that SSB game would have outsold Halo 2.

To be fair, the PS3's fall lineup is more impressive (I would argue) than the 360's was in it's first year. In addition to Ratchet and Clanck, they've got some interesting exclusive titles like Heavenly Sword, Lair, and Drake's Adventure. But are you really going to dish out $1000this fall for those games when the 360 and Wii have AAA exclusives like Halo and Brawl? Me thinks not.

Too Human, Krysus, and Halo 3 look pretty good. If MGS4 and FF XII and versus XIII go multisystem then the PS3 will be in utter disaster. Maybe not dead, but definitely dying, like the Saturn I suppose. O, and Ratchet and Clank is awsome, but wat about Jak IV=to heck with the racing game.

O, and the PS3 is better than the 360's first few months (but not the first year), that was horrible. At least they recovered with Dead Rising, Lost Planet: Extrme Condition, Crackdown, Rainbow Six Vegas, Elder Scrolls IV; Oblivion, Gears of War, and Ghost Recon 1&2. I don't see Sony having a recovery as good as that one. Although I'll admit, I enjoyed playing Resistance: Fall of Man online=friggen 40 people online games are insane! Still, I like Gears of War and Rainbow 6 more, but that game was awsome!

Having Miis represent Animal Crossing instead of Nook would be like Miis representing Wario Ware instead of Wario: shameful and forbidden.
I don't think it's that crazy. Not even half of the SSB fans probably know Nook compared to Wario, and there were hundreds times as many people who want(ed) Wario for the next SSB game (Brawl) over Tom Nook. Wario's played a major roll in dozens of games, Nook has only done it in 2. The Miis are more reconiaable, plain and simple.

Worse comes to worse, Ike could represent both Tellius games. However, since Miciaiah has the potential for suchg a unique moveset I would argue that it would be better just to have them both in Brawl.
Ergh, to tell you the truth, I'm not looking forward to playing her actually. Ike however, I look forward to him as always.

I must admit, you make a compelling argument. I'll give some serious thought to replacing Poo with Lucas.
Lol, I convinced Wiseguy to think about replacing Poo with Lucas! I deserve a medal, along with Ferro! :chuckle: :p ;)

That's no good either. I do like to occasionally have a crazy, hazzard filled stage (though usually prefer the more stable maps like Corneria) and if you had the option of turnng off hazards the same fun hating grinches who demand that items reamin off at all times would outlaw hazzards as well. So yeah, I like your idea but I would just prefer a more stable map with a few hazzards.
It isn't as crazy as it sounds, it just a total war zone. You jump on barells, enemies ship, one of the eyed fortress isle's side, and Tetra's ship. Cannonballs being fired everywhere, but generally your platforms only get hit every once in a while. You'd probably see a platform get hit every 45 seconds at most, and see Canonballs splash in the water by you about twice as much. Isn't too crazy, and wouldn't be a instant Ko, unless you're jumping above water! ;)

We might disagree on some things JK1, but I could most definitely live with your roster as well. 9.5/10, great job.

Agreeing with everyone would be boring=no diffrence in opinons=we'd all be clones. Anyways ty for the 9.5, but I'm betting we'll get 41 or 42 character slots, with of course the clone is 1/3rd a character deal, but only if the same user is being used. That's debateabe, but let us hope they are=G&W will be a easy character to make, and Geno and Balloon Fight could make it. Hopefully I'm right, but noone (excpept some Nintendo employees) know whether it's using the same server or no. It could be a world of a diffrence pretty much.

Yeah, BS (apropriate initials) was the main villian in GX - but Goroh has been Falcon's rivial since the beggining of the F-zero franchise. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a possibility of he being included over Goroh, but given that most F-zero fans seem to favor Goroh I'm inclined to think that he is the one who will make the cut (atleast I hope...)
Goroh for Brawl! Just look at my revamped sig (I had to remove Wolf because the stupid link got rid of the picture=dang it)....If only I ahd a small pic of Wolf my

To be honest, this isn't a unlikely outcome. Marth still has a strong chance of being included – but there is an equally strong case for his removal. We just have to wait and see where Sakurai stands. Anyway, let me go through your choices.
Marth's got a much better than a 50% chance, I'd say that's Roy's chances actually.

I might do one or two things differently – I'm with JK1, this list is just about perfect. 10/10.
A 10 well deserved! A grade AAA job=amazing job. Still surprised I gave someone a 9.5 and a 10, the best I gave before was a 8 to 2 people (Wiseguy was one of them, but I'd give him a 9.25 now), and otherwise I gave 7's and 6's. You people are obviously striking who I'm baised for. :p

Yeah we're all biased to a certain extent – but since this is for fun it's not really that big of a problem.
As long as we're alll biased towards WW Link, Megaman, and Diddy Kong I'm happy. :psycho:

EDIT: I JUST SAW THE DOJO UPDATE!!! (one of the advantages of staying up until 4:00AM)
:chuckle:
TP Zelda is confirmed! Which can only mean... SHIEK IS DEAD!!!)
It's TP graphics...sorta. Zelda generally has more blondish hair in TO I think,just the opposite with Link. With the old moveset intact (or so it seems) Shiek still stands a chance. Let us hope she makes it as her own character.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Most of what needs to be said here has probably been said, almost all of it pertaining to the exclusion of Falco from the Star Fox list.

I'm rooting for Wolf, but I'm rooting for Falco more. I don't care for Krystal, anyway. She can leave the list for all I care, as unlikely as that seems after viewing all the evidence.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
it seems like the playable character list is settled

now who do you think will cameo as costumes, stage hazards and background art

i would make a new thread but my computer can't for some reason

ignore everything i made a new thread

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Feast your eyes on my latest update! More changes to my list...

Watch. Just to spite you, Sakurai's going to 'accidentally'
omit him from Brawl. :laugh:
NOOOOOOOO! Please Sakurai, don't tkae out your wrath on my beloved Kong! Take me
instead!! :cry:

@wiseguy
ok, but whoever wins get to choose the other persons sig (but it can only be either ww
link or shiek)
and if zelda's down b ends up not being shiek, but shiek is confirmed, i still win.
fair?
(if you agree, i automatically take the bet)
Agreed. I hope I win. Having to look at a Sheik sig for a whole month would add insult to injury...

*Sees update*

Yay... Now all we need is Ganondorf and Wolf Link/Midna and the Zelda franchise is
set.
You forgot WW Young Link.

i seriously doubt wolf link/midna. at most, midna, but i
still want skull kid instead.
I'm with Ferro on this one. Midna is pretty much a done deal, so why not throw in Wolf Link and make her moveset as unique as possible.

I swear...

GameFAQers are the most ignorant and lazy people ever. They just refuse to believe that
Wolf Link has a chance... Even after I posted my moveset!

*Just got done debating with an army of them.*
Sadly, I find that's true of most videogame sites. Have you ever read the comments posted by Gamespot.com and 1up.com users? In comparison, Smashboards is an oasis of reason and courteously.

I support midna being in brawl. Old news for most people,
but I did come up with a moveset, and posted it in the midna charachter suggestion
topic.
(The poll one)
whatevs.

EDIT: To you above:
you're a comedian.
Wolf link has a chance, but that would just make ANOTHER link.
Id say Midna has a better chance, but nobody can say for sure.
...I am kinda from gfaqs. I love to know that I am lazy and ignorant.
If you like, you could repost your moveset here. That way, more people would see it.

Three Links is a grim prospect when one is not definitely
needed. WW Link and TP Link are much more important than Wolf Link.
Yeah, but Wolfy wouldn't be his own character - he'd been an extension of Midna's moveset. As long as the three Links are unique enough, I don't have a problem with it.

Quite the list you have here Wiseguy. Seem like pretty
good calls to me.

You gave me a good read while I was sitting here bored at work, anyway :laugh:
Hey, someone I know from real life! Thanks for the compliment.

You might want to update Zelda's status from very likely to
confirmed now.

And I'm glad to see that no mention of Shiek has made you happy, let's just hope Sakurai
doesn't try to ruin that happiness.

Though it looks like they are definitely going with the TP look for the Zelda
characters, so I'm pretty confident that Ganondorf will get his TP look now (though I
can't say I want him to get that Sage sword though, it doesn't quite fit him).
Done and done.

You'd better not let me down, Sakurai. If you don't cut Sheik - I'll be subjected to a humiliating Shiek sig made by Samusrules93. *shudder*

I'll actually begining to suspect that TP Ganondorf will be swordless. Afterall, they denied Zelda her rapier and the game isn't exactly lacking in swordfighters...

Figured I'd take a shot at the 40-man challenge:

Super Mario Bros (5)
Mario - Kind of has to be there.
Luigi - See above.
Peach - Female character. She's coming back.
Bowser - Bad boy of the Mario-verse.
Bowser Jr. - I think his recent activity merits a spot.

Yoshi's Story (1)
Yoshi - Has a song and stage. Almost guaranteed.

Wario Ware (1)
Wario - Already confirmed.

The Legend of Zelda (4)
Link - See Mario.
Zelda - Already confirmed.
Ganondorf - Bad boy of the Zelda-verse.
Midna / Wolf Link - The prospect of this combo's moveset intrigues me.

Kirby's Dreamland (3)
Kirby - HAL Developed. HAL approved.
Metaknight - See above.
King Dedede - He's been around long enough. He deserves it.

Metroid (3)
Samus / Zero Suit Samus - Counted as two characters.
Ridley - Do I have to say anything?

Pokemon (4)
Pikachu - See Mario.
Jigglypuff - As much as I'd like to see this character gone. Odds are she'll be
back.

Mewtwo - Bad boy of the Poke-verse.
Lucario - Just popular enough to make it.

Starfox (4)
Fox - See Mario.
Falco - Luigified Fox. Let Wolf have his own moveset.
Wolf - Bad boy of the . . . well, universe.
Krystal - Another female character with rising fame.

Donkey Kong (2)
DK - See Mario.
Diddy - He should have been in Melee. I won't play as him, but he'll be fun to beat
up.

Earthbound / Mother (2)
Ness - He's important enough to stick around.
Lucas - A fresh face in the series. He's popular in Japan.

Fire Emblem (4)
Marth - An old representative of the series.
Miciaiah - A magic-user. We don't see many of them.
Ike - A new representative of the series.
Black Knight - The enemy of the new representative of the series.

F-Zero (2)
Captain Falcon - Yeah . . . he's in.
Samurai Goroh - Rival of Falcon. Driver of a badass pink hover-car.

Pikmin (1)
Captain Olimar - Provides for a very unique style of play.

Mach Rider (1)
Mach Rider - Should've been in sooner.

Third-Party (3)
Snake - Who saw that coming?
Sonic - Sega character that is strongly in debate. Still way up in the air.
Geno - Square character custom-tailored for the Mario world.

Obviously, it's not going to be nearly accurate to what the roster will actually be.
It's more of a list of what I actually want to see. It's a wish-list, if you
will.
My only major problems with your list is the lack of WW Link and Mii. I'd personaly rate your list a 9.8/10. Excellent job.

Alrighty this is my first post and i've seen your
arguements my list and how is

Mario series
Mario (starter)
luigi (easy unlockable)
Peach (starter)
Bowser (starter)

Zelda series
Link (starter)
Zelda (starter)

Pokemon
Pikachu (starter)
Mewtwo (25 hrs)
Lucario (easy unlock)

Miscellaneous
Yoshi(starter)
Wario (starter)
Pit (starter)
Olimar (hard unlock)
Snake(easy unlock)
Sonic (medium unlock)

Dk series
Dk (starter)
Diddy (starter)
K. Rool (easy unlock)

Metroid series
Ridley(starter)
D. SAmus (unlock)

Starfox
Fox (starter)
Krystal (starter)
Wolf (medium unlock)

Kirby series
Kirby(starter)
Meta (starter)
Dedede(unlock)

FE series
Marth(starter)
Ike (unlock)
D. Knight (unlock)

Earthbound
Ness(starter)
Lucas (unlock)

F. Zero
C Falcon(starter)

Mario always had one more character then Zelda or Pokemon(except in original but jiggly
was a surprise character)

Also I think there will be 45 characters so your favorites and mine are still
possible
Hmmm... all the basics from the established series are there, but I think you need some new series in there as well. 9/10, great job.

It'd be great to have fourty-five characters. We'd get all
the characters in grey areas, like K. Rool and Deoxys.
45 characters would be just about perfect. 35 at the VERY least.

It'll probably be harder to get insider information, and we won't hear stuff from
anywhere outside the non-gaming and gaming press. I swear, E3 is going to be ********
this year.
I disagree. I rely almost entirely on outlets like 1up.com, Gamespot.com and ign.com for my E3 updates, and now that their journalists don't have to fight an army of fanboys to interview publishers and try out demos I'm bound to get even more juicy tidbits about my most anticipated games. Regardless, we still get to view the awesome Nintendo press conference with Reggie and Miamoto via online video so I fail to see the problem.

Poo is a neat character, and I'd gotta say if we got a Earth Bound character, I'd want
either him or Paula (Earth Bound as in only Earth Bound, not Mother 1 or 3). However,
since Lucas is more well-known, is more popular in Japan, I don't see why not. Either
way I'd be more than good, I just think the neo-Ness deserves a spot, and if Lucas
makes it into Brawl, we can all force Nintendo to bring Mother 3 (and maybe even 1)
worldwide, so everyone wins. Maybe overhopeful, but o well.
You win, sir. Lucas is now on my list. Congrats.

There aren't many good, or even decent Wii games. Most of them are gimmick multi-system
games with bad wiimote control and awful motion sensoring. The only good/decent ones I
know of are TP (best game...EVER!) , Super Paper Mario, Smooth Moves, Trauma: Second
Opinion, Rayman: Raving Rabbids, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Excite Truck, and maybe
Madden 07', *shrudders* Wii Sports, *heavily angry he's even thinking this* DBZ:
Tenkaichi 2 (o wait that's 11, lol). Wii Play if you want a free Wiimote, lol! :laugh:
That's 12 games. Not bad for such a young console. And remember, Prime 3 is almost upon us.

Wii Sports is one of the best multiplayer around, dude.

Ya, but Metroid Prime 2: Echoes bombed in Japan (haters!). It didn't even sell a million
units worldwide=probably because MP1 was too hard for most. Considering how Marth was
the most desired character in Japan for Melee, I think it would be unwise of Sakurai to
remove him, unless he plans on betraying Japan or something. Along with Ike, he's the
most popular FE charcter, probably more than Ike.
Replacing Marth with Ike wouldn't be betraying Japan, becuase Ike is just as popular in Japan as Marth is. Thus, we could have a FE rep who is popular among FIRE EMBLEM FANS everywhere. Outside Japan Marth is popular as a Smash fighter, but not as a Fire Emblem lord.

Sunshine was awsome, only better Mario games IMO were SMB3 (the best=the tunes from that
game are permanetely stuck in my head, hapily!), SM64, and SMW2. The jetpack was
amazingly original, the rocket launcher thing was amazing, and the one that makes you
go fast is awsome. Only problem is there are no cannons, but other than that and the
horrid voice acting for Bowser (Bowser Jr.'s was exellent IMO), the game was simply a
classic for the ages. Most don't agree with me...
Meh, it was a good game (I enjoyed the jetpack) but it was basically Super Mario 64 2.0. And having a huge invisible wall around the isalnd was pretty disgraceful for a Gamecube game. Fortunately, Galaxy looks like a far more revolutionary edition into the franchise.

I don't think it's that crazy. Not even half of the SSB fans probably know Nook compared
to Wario, and there were hundreds times as many people who want(ed) Wario for the next
SSB game (Brawl) over Tom Nook. Wario's played a major roll in dozens of games, Nook
has only done it in 2. The Miis are more reconiaable, plain and simple.
Being not very recagnizable rule out a character for Brawl. G&W, for example, was not very well known prior to Melee - but winded up being one of the most unique characters in the game. Once Nook stars in Brawl, he will be a household name among Nintendo fans.

Yeah, but in terms of importance to their respective series (Waioware and Animal Crossing) they are identical in importance. Wario is the most prominent character in the Warioware series, so he is worthy to represent that series. Likewise, Nook is the most prominent character in Animal Crossing so he is worthy of representing that series.

Nook should represent the Animal Crossing series and Mii should represent Wii Sports. Case closed.

Marth's got a much better than a 50% chance, I'd say that's Roy's chances actually.
Marth 50%

Roy 0.5%

Sorry, but I call em like I see em.

It's TP graphics...sorta. Zelda generally has more blondish hair in TO I think,just the
opposite with Link. With the old moveset intact (or so it seems) Shiek still stands a
chance. Let us hope she makes it as her own character.
No, let's not. Let's hope that Sheik is never heard from ever again. DEATH TO SHEIK!!!

Most of what needs to be said here has probably been said, almost
all of it pertaining to the exclusion of Falco from the Star Fox list.

I'm rooting for Wolf, but I'm rooting for Falco more. I don't care for Krystal, anyway.
She can leave the list for all I care, as unlikely as that seems after viewing all the
evidence.
Welcome to my thread.

Either Falco or Wolf would make a great Fox clone, but we probably won't see both of them.

I don't understand what some people have against Krystal. A staff based moveset would make a very unique addition.

it seems like the playable character list is settled

now who do you think will cameo as costumes, stage hazards and background art

i would make a new thread but my computer can't for some reason
Hmm...

Costumes: Big Boss (Snake), Shadow (Sonic), Whoever you want (Mii)

Stage Hazzards: Tingle, Skull Kid

Background art: I'm sure what you mean...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
wiseguy i know u like olimar and i made a moveset
it's in the olimar thread can i post it here for your rating

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
size: shorter than kirby(enough to run through some projectiles)
weight: smallest in game
strength: (medium less then mario though)
speed: medium (more then mario)
damage :consistent needs time to pluck pikmin though
reaction(attack speed after being attacked): around the same as luigi

Moveset
A-punch-seen in pikmin weak
Atilt side-rocket punch-seen in pik 2
Adowntilt-antennae sweep
Aup tilt-headbutt

Smash side-red slash- Olimar slashes with red pikmin(no need to pluck before)
Smash down- Whistle barrier-Olimar hits people with the whistle circle
Smash up-yellow stab-pokes up with yellow pik (same rules as red slash)

nair-leg split
fair-double punch
bair-backflip kick
uair-head up(same as ness)
dair-head down (same as pika)

Bdown-pikmin pluck-can pluck multiple times and pikmin follow in order they came out in
colors in frequent order is blue-yellow-white-red-purple
B-throw pikmin throw pikmin plucked in order they came out in
yellow is fast far and weak
blue is medium everything
white is weak but poisons enemy
red-is medium speed and range, strong
purple-strong, slow, smashes enemy down
Bsmash- Bitter spray (similiar to ice climb but stronger and only one way
Bup-blue throw (must have plucked blue pikmin(that's why it's most common) following you but doesn't need to be the next pikmin)- blue pikmin throws olimar -recovers like g and w's bup) can only used once like most bups

throws-don't know

final smash-spicy spray stampede

except for the smashes a pikmin can only be used once so pluck a lot and frequently
i say that 10-15 pikmin is max(except final smash)

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I have no argument against the statement that Krystal would be a refreshingly original character. In SSBB. It's mostly just because I didn't like her very much in the Star Fox series. But I won't complain if she gets included.

Smady

Smash Master
Then they should quote the entire thing and post "Perfect", instead of ignoring it. I'll pretend what you're saying is right.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@smashdaddy
i would have rated yours, but i found nothing to take opints off for, and i dare not give a score higher than what my list got, so i just ignored it. ;)

Smady

Smash Master
Craziness. Maybe when we all die and 'Brawl is released, my prediction list will come true and I shall be remembered a martyr who died waiting for 'Brawl?

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Been a lot of time since I posted here... but since I'm having to post on my Wii, I'm sure you'll understand why I don't want to get in here too much :p. I have posted a few short things on the pokemon threads lately, but the level of verbosity and quote-fu that is pretty much required in this thread might give me carpal tunnel syndrome xDD

Anyway, how have things gone around here? Any interesting news? Quality movesets? Has Wiseguy been proven to be a closet Sheik player ridden with guilt? Anything? :p

Oh, and Smashdaddy, I'll review yours briefly, if you wish. It's not like I have anything better to do at the moment :laugh:

Smady

Smash Master
Wiseguy did hint at that. If you look at the first letter of each line in one of his quote wars, it spells out "I am Wiseguy and I play as Sheik".

Alright Drascin. I'll be very happy for your review, as I also have nothing better to do right now than post here. :chuckle:

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I suspected as much. That continual repetition of his hatred of Sheik had to hide something!

Anyway, let's see your list (note to self: quoting such blocks of text from the Wii seems to be rather uncomfortable. I'll have it in mind for next time)

Well, now is a better time than ever to make another. I think I'm one of the people here who have seriously benefitted from discussion and debate. This'll be as accurate as possible...

Mario - 5
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Bowser Jr.

The most obvious section. Mario, obviously in. Luigi, same as Mario. Bowser's as important as ever and needs some redemption for his terrible 'Melee appearance. Peach is basically in. Bowser Jr. plays such an important role in the recent Super Mario games, he needs to be in. I suggest Bowser Jr. uses his paintbrush for some moves, but does not transform into Shadow Mario.

Wario - 1
Wario

Meh. We only need Wario.

Yoshi - 1
Yoshi

Same as Wario.

Donkey Kong - 2
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong is likely to be confirmed at E3... Diddy is a sure thing too. K. Rool's cool, but really, is he worth the space?

Kirby - 3
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

No idea how anyone could think otherwise here. Absolutely no debate. They're all in.

F-Zero - 2
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Ehehe... Goroh. He's in the 'Melee introduction and plays one of the bigger roles in the games. He'd also be cool, being a fat samurai and all. Falcon's one of the twelve.

Mother/Earthbound - 2
Ness
Lucas {Ness Clone}

Mother doesn't need another character too much. Lucas is the new main character. As with Ninten, Lucas is very similar to Ness. So hit two birds with one stone, clone Ness for a new character.

Pokemon - 4
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario

Pokemans. Lucario represents the new, the other three represent the old. As popular as Pokemans is, the pokeballs and numerous stages can represent hundreds of Pokemon.

Fire Emblem - 3
Marth
Ike
Black Knight {Ike Clone}

Convinced by Wisey. Ike's now only the second main character apart from Marth to be in multiple games, and Black Knight is easily cloned from him and popular. Marth is still very popular and plays well against Ike's power to his elegance.

Zelda - 5
Link (TP)
Young Link (WW)
Zelda (TP)
Ganondorf (TP)
Midna (TP)

Everything has changed. Link is upgraded, confirmed. Zelda is the same as Link. Ganondorf will appear as he did in TP and most likely draw his moveset from that game. WW Link will replace Young Link of OoT, in all respects. Midna, I think, will be included alone to boost her popularity to warrant a second appearance. If done with her, Nintendo may see fit to place her atop Wolf Link. But Nintendo won't be so cruel to cast her aside when she's got a small fanbase...

Who is Sheik?

StarFox - 3
Fox
Krystal
Wolf

I hate removing Falco. The worst part of this by far... But he can be represented in his Arwing on some stages and even shown in the background of others fighting. So his presence won't be missed. Krystal will use her lame staff, Fox will continue fighting as he always has if a bit nerfed. Wolf will combine slow power-hitting with explosives and guns.

Metroid - 4
Samus/
Zamus
Ridley
Dark Samus {Samus Clone}

Samus/Zamus confirmed. I'd really prefer seperate characters... Alas. Ridley was in the 'Melee opening and still extremely popular and prelevant to the games. Dark Samus is teetering on the edge, I expect he'll be cloned off of Samus if only slightly because he's not that important - but Metroid will be getting a big push in 'Smash.

Pikmin - 1

Captain Olimar

Classic - 2
Balloon Fighter
Pit

G&W and the ICs, gone. They're really not needed anymore and would slow the game down considerably. Pit and Balloon Fighter would fight against this feeling. Pit's confirmed, Balloon Fighter was rumoured to be a too late, too bad case for 'Melee.

Third-Party - 2
Snake
Sonic

We need no more than these two. Snake is confirmed. Sonic is practically confirmed and a large part of Nintendo's history and somewhat part of the classics. In that way he ticks two boxes, and he'd have a legendary moveset.

Total - 40

Mario: The first four are obvious, and the fifth one looks like a possible enough addition. Predictable, but probably accurate.

Wario: He is his own franchise! He needs no mo' stinkin' representatives!

Yoshi: Well, duh.

DK: No problems here. Diddy seems to be extremely requested, so he's probably in.

Kirby: See Yoshi

F-Zero: Falcon is in obviously, and while the second spot is doubtful if it would go to Black Shadow or Goroh, it seems likely we can expect one heavier clone of falcon.

Earthbound: Nice place to put a remaining clone slot. Lucas might be an opening for the Mother saga out of Japan, as Marth was for Fire Emblem.

Pokemon: I think 4 representatives might one too few, but the picks are, again, all within expectation and logic. Props for not substituting Mewtwo for that Deoxys thing.

Fire Emblem: Marth as a representative of old, Ike as represntative of new, and BK as a tack-on because they had free time. Yep, could see this happening.

Zelda: No news here. The five of them are pretty much confirmed, and the only question is whether Midna will be on foot or riding. The lack of Sheik will probably make Wiseguy sad in the inside, though ;).

Starfox: Yeah. Falco and Wolf, as I see it, have the same chance to be the Foxclone of the game, so either one is equally possible. Krystal is also likely. ...Wait, now I'm seeing it again... you didn't mark Wolf as clone? Do you really think he will not be? :confused:

Metroid: I dunno about DS. Going from 1 to 4 reps, with a franchise not even that well liked in Japan, looks strange. I honestly doubt DS is coming in brawl, and the roster would be the other three, with Ridley as the undoubted star.

Olimar: The single oddball character in your roster. You already know my opinion on him: if he's in, he'll be the single most original character ever. So full approval :)

Classic: Pit is confirmed, and BF was pretty much almost in Melee already, so yeah, both of them expected. Mach Rider could take BF's post, but apart from that it's pretty logical.

Thid parties: Snake is confirmed, and Sonic is the single most requested character in the game. Yah, no comment here.

Final: So, all in all, a very logical, sound and reasonable roster. Probably too much for my tastes, and especially taking into account the kind of man we're trying to second-guess here :p. Apart from Olimar, all the characters are very predictable and logic - which means it lacks the curveballs Sakurai is no doubt going to launch at us. At least one of them. So, I'm going to give you a 9/10, and note in red ink in your marks "Should take more risks if he wills to achieve maximum results".

Ok, that was tiring. See why I didn't want to come in here? My poor hand...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
You'd better not let me down, Sakurai. If you don't cut Sheik - I'll be subjected to a humiliating Shiek sig made by Samusrules93. *shudder*
So the waiting game ensues then. Though I'm guessing we probably won't learn whats happening regarding Sheik anytime soon.

After saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if the next update will be Zelda's B-moves.

Wiseguy said:
I'll actually begining to suspect that TP Ganondorf will be swordless. Afterall, they denied Zelda her rapier and the game isn't exactly lacking in swordfighters...
True, but Ganondorf is more of an established swordsman now than Zelda, who has only used (in a loose sense of the term) it in TP. And chances are Ganondorf will likely get a huge revamp while it seems Zelda is keeping her old moveset with the possible exception of a B move.

Though Chief Mendez (at least I think it was the Chief) proposed ganon's trident instead of his swords, which I certainly wouldn't say no to.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@drascin
you did miss something...
if shiek is confirmed in brawl, he will wear a shiek sig for a month (which i am getting custom made as we speak), but if shiek is confirmed not to return, then i have to wear a ww link sig for a month. bettings fun!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
That's weird. I thought I quoted everyone. My bad.

Mario - 5
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Bowser Jr.

100% agreed. Personally, I'd like to see Peach and Luigi with revamped movesets.

Wario - 1
Wario

Meh. We only need Wario.

Yoshi - 1
Yoshi

Same as Wario.
No argument there either.

Donkey Kong - 2
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Diddy is LLLOOONNNGG overdue.

I don't esspecially care for K. Rool, but I could possibly see him being included as a Bowser clone to male up for the lack of DK reps in the past.

Kirby - 3
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

I disagree. No way is Kirby getting in Brawl.

F-Zero - 2
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Mother/Earthbound - 2
Ness
Lucas {Ness Clone}

Goroh is a shoe in, and I just changed my list to accomidate Lucas. So no arguments here.

Pokemon - 4
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario

Mewtwo or Deoxys, it matters not. Four Pokemans tops.

Fire Emblem - 3
Marth
Ike
Black Knight {Ike Clone}

Sweet. Another Black knight convert! I could live with Marth as long as Ike and BK accompany him, though I'd prefer Miciaiah's uniqueness.

Zelda - 5
Link (TP)
Young Link (WW)
Zelda (TP)
Ganondorf (TP)
Midna (TP)

Everything has changed. Link is upgraded, confirmed. Zelda is the same as Link. Ganondorf will appear as he did in TP and most likely draw his moveset from that game. WW Link will replace Young Link of OoT, in all respects. Midna, I think, will be included alone to boost her popularity to warrant a second appearance. may see fit to place her atop Wolf Link. But Nintendo won't be so cruel to cast her aside when she's got a small fanbase...

Who is Sheik?
That would be just about perfect, in my view.

Let's all agree that Sheik never existed in the first place. Let's get Orwellian and purge her from history.

StarFox - 3
Fox
Krystal
Wolf

I suppose Wolf could be given a unique moveset. But isn't Snake the resident Guns/explosives expert?

Metroid - 4
Samus/
Zamus
Ridley
Dark Samus {Samus Clone}

*Rubber stamp of approval*

Pikmin - 1

Captain Olimar

Classic - 2
Balloon Fighter
Pit

Personally, I say ROB would be a better choice than Balloon Fighter. And, I take it Mii slipped your mind?;)

Third-Party - 2
Snake
Sonic

Yep, that seems to be the consensus. But I still say Simon will get in before Sonic, since they are both owned by Konami.

Total - 40

How is it that I missed this? 10/10.

Also Donkey Smash, you missed a confimred character (which I SHOULD have noticed) so I have no choice but to knock your rating down to a 5/10.

size: shorter than kirby(enough to run through some projectiles)
weight: smallest in game
strength: (medium less then mario though)
speed: medium (more then mario)
damage :consistent needs time to pluck pikmin though
reaction(attack speed after being attacked): around the same as luigi

Moveset
A-punch-seen in pikmin weak
Atilt side-rocket punch-seen in pik 2
Adowntilt-antennae sweep
Aup tilt-headbutt

Smash side-red slash- Olimar slashes with red pikmin(no need to pluck before)
Smash down- Whistle barrier-Olimar hits people with the whistle circle
Smash up-yellow stab-pokes up with yellow pik (same rules as red slash)

nair-leg split
fair-double punch
bair-backflip kick
uair-head up(same as ness)
dair-head down (same as pika)

Bdown-pikmin pluck-can pluck multiple times and pikmin follow in order they came out in
colors in frequent order is blue-yellow-white-red-purple
B-throw pikmin throw pikmin plucked in order they came out in
yellow is fast far and weak
blue is medium everything
white is weak but poisons enemy
red-is medium speed and range, strong
purple-strong, slow, smashes enemy down
Bsmash- Bitter spray (similiar to ice climb but stronger and only one way
Bup-blue throw (must have plucked blue pikmin(that's why it's most common) following you but doesn't need to be the next pikmin)- blue pikmin throws olimar -recovers like g and w's bup) can only used once like most bups

throws-don't know

final smash-spicy spray stampede

except for the smashes a pikmin can only be used once so pluck a lot and frequently
i say that 10-15 pikmin is max(except final smash)
Not bad, DS. I could see most of those ideas working, but I'm not really feeling the Up-B. How is that going to work when trying to recover onto an edge?

7/10, for me.

I have no argument against the statement that Krystal would be a refreshingly original character. In SSBB. It's mostly just because I didn't like her very much in the Star Fox series. But I won't complain if she gets included.
Fair enough.

Been a lot of time since I posted here... but since I'm having to post on my Wii, I'm sure you'll understand why I don't want to get in here too much :p. I have posted a few short things on the pokemon threads lately, but the level of verbosity and quote-fu that is pretty much required in this thread might give me carpal tunnel syndrome xDD

Anyway, how have things gone around here? Any interesting news? Quality movesets? Has Wiseguy been proven to be a closet Sheik player ridden with guilt? Anything? :p

Oh, and Smashdaddy, I'll review yours briefly, if you wish. It's not like I have anything better to do at the moment :laugh:
Well, Mendez posted some good movesets for Simon and Gray Fox - which are linked on my original post. Also, I just made a bet with Samusrules93 that would force me to have a Sheik sig for one month if Sheik is confirmed.

And, no I'm not a closet Sheik player. :p

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
PREPARED TO BE LET-DOWN AND ASHAMED: SMOOTH CRIMINAL'S PREDICTIONS FOR BRAWL!

The title says it all: I have self-esteem issues. No, really. I do.

All joking aside, I've haunted this thread for quite some time now. I've said it three other times before: This is, hands down, the greatest thread on the forum. Wisey, Mendez (who has taken a month off due to some strange circumstance. I think he was taken under the nurturing wing of a government protection agency because Wiseguy got fed up with his Tingle fanboy-ism and had to relocate. I can see it taking that long), Smash Daddy, and Vali---you guys have the best debates when it comes to the character roster and it makes for a fun read.

I've decided to go on ahead and step up to the plate, answering the clarion call for the 40 Man Roster challenge that Wiseguy has issued.

Here goes:

Super Mario Bros.

Mario: As if you didn't see this one coming. The little plumber is a staple of everything Nintendo. Not being in a game like this would signal the Apocalypse (I swear!).

Luigi: Same as above.

Peach: Popular heroine (or damsel-in-distress, pick your game) from this legendary franchise. She's going to return.

Bowser: "Bwahahahaha!" Need I say more? Definitely in.

Bowser Junior: His current exploits are of considerable merit. While I wasn't all that impressed with Super Mario Sunshine, I was very pleased with New Super Mario Bros. I say he'll make it in---but not necessarily with his paintbrush. They could pull from New Super Mario Bros., with him throwing shells and the like for his attacks.

Yoshi Franchise

Yoshi: I think Yoshi is going to have another outing in the Smash world. With a stage and a song (each one displayed on the site with that obvious "egg" symbol that stands for everything Yoshi), he's practically guaranteed.

Wario Franchise

Wario: "Oh, yeah! Wario wins!" I have been waiting for this selfish *******'s debut in a Smash Bros. game ever since I played Mario Kart. I'm glad he made it in.

The Legend of Zelda Franchise

Link: Another staple of Nintendo. How could he not be in this game?

Zelda: Confirmed. 'Nuff said.

Ganondorf: I think he'll make it in by proxy, considering that the Triumvirate of the Triforce would not be complete without the wielder of the Triforce of Power. He also needs to have a SWORD and not be a CLONE of somebody else.

Imp Midna: I gotta say that the prospect of attacking people with hair while riding atop of a canine is pretty neat.

Tingle: Holy crap! Did I just list Tingle?

Kirby Franchise

Kirby: Sakurai's pink ball of fluff (and my favorite Nintendo character). How could he not make it in? Hopefully they'll thrust the burden of nerfdom that Sakurai and Company saddled on him for Melee on another character that desperately needs it---like Fox.

Metaknight: My favorite character in the Kirby Franchise (and it ain't because he talks like a corny-*** Don Juan on that crappy 4Kids anime, either). I was thrilled to see him confirmed for Brawl.

King DeDeDe: Definitely a shoe-in, considering his spot on the Japanese polls and being Sakurai's baby. He's in.

Metroid Franchise

Samus/Zamus: For simplicity's sake, I'm gonna throw these two characters in as one. Sakurai keeps hinting at a transformation mechanic for this character; I don't see how it'll work without taking away one of Samus's B-moves, but whatever.

Ridley: I may not be the biggest fan of Metroid in existence, but I will say this: The inclusion of Ridley in Brawl would be freakin' awesome. You really can't beat a hyper-intelligent, psuedo-draconic creature that breathes plasma bolts.

Dark Samus: I can foresee Sakurai and Company throwing this character in as a clone of some kind.

Pokemon Franchise

Pikachu: Duh.

Jigglypuff: Tch. She'll be in by default, considering that she was apart of the original twelve characters.

Lucario: I guess this Ki-wielding Pokemon is extremely popular. I'm a little hazy and inconclusive about his appearance among the Brawl cast, but he's got potential.

Starfox Franchise

Fox: It's Fox McCloud, a star of another extremely popular Nintendo game. Of course he'll be in!

Falco: Sorry, Wisey, but I don't think Falco's going anywhere yet. Considering that the character has been around since the very first game and is one of the most recognizable faces in the Starfox universe, I'm gonna say that he's gonna be around. They'll probably make him a bit Luigified, but he'll be in.

Wolf O'Donnell: Introduced in Starfox 64. He kinda lingered in the background for a while, but he makes his triumphant return in the more recent iterations of Starfox. I can imagine him being a powerhouse with alot of claw-based attacks and explosives. Real vulpines, after all, rely on brute strength to get through anyway. Right? :laugh:

Krystal: Ack. As generic as I think she is, I'll concede. She'll probably make it in, brandishing that staff of hers.

Donkey Kong Franchise

Donkey Kong: I'll be really surprised if he doesn't make it in. Seriously.

Diddy Kong: Here's a fun fact, guys. Did you know that, whenever I played DKC 1 and 2, I made sure Diddy was always the leader? Yeah. At any rate, I say that Diddy should get into Brawl simply because he's highly recognizable and has been the star of a couple of games, respectively.

King K. Rool: Donkey Kong needs a good villain, and I think K. Rool foots the bill (I don't think those simians from Donkey Konga would make much sense). However, I do not see his inclusion as being clone-like. I can see K. Rool having a unique moveset, one that spans across the many incarnations that he's had across the franchise. Throwing a crown, shooting a blunderbuss, taking a HUGE bite outta people...just to name a few.

Earthbound/MotherFranchise

Ness: The star of a very, very under-appreciated game (at least in my book). Since he was part of the original Smash Bros. cast, I think it's safe to say that he'll make a comeback.

Lucas: As mentioned, he is a "fresh face" in the land of rising sun. Besides, Earthbound needs at least one more rep.

Fire Emblem Franchise

Ike: The newest Lord, Ike is a very popular character overseas and on our shores. It also doesn't hurt to mention that he was on Sakurai's poll and was in a considerable position. I say he'll make it in, through hook or crook.

Black Knight: I haven't got around to playing the newest Fire Emblem yet, but whenever I see a picture of this dude I salivate. It'd be freakin' awesome.

(Y'know, everybody *****es and moans about the Black Knight. There are couple of reasons I don't get that relate to the plot, but the one that I see flying out there that I do understand is the fact that he can't possibly jump in all of that armor. When has that been a factor? I mean, consider the following:

A plane is massive. How does it get off of the ground?

Answer: Powerful locomotion in the form of its engines and design. Note that the engines give it the propulsion to even get into the air, mind.

How does the Black Knight jump?

Powerful locomotion in the form of great leg strength.

Draw your conclusions.)

F-Zero Franchise

Captain Falcon: One word: YEHSS!

Samurai Goroh: The good Captain's rival throughout most of the series. This man deserves to be a clone, at the very least.

Pikmin

Captain Olimar: Okay, okay. The people in this thread convinced me. I'm all for the little slave-driver's appearance in Brawl. I haven't played the second Pikmin game yet, but I really did enjoy the first one. He'd be a very unique character, to say the least.

Retro

Pit: But of course...!

Mach Rider: Huh? Oh. Well, Sakurai had hopes of throwing his happy *** into Melee. There may be a chance that he'll actually get around to it this time.

Takamaru: A buddy of mine convinced me to put him on here for a twofold reason: His game is considered to be the counterpart to the Zelda franchise and he was on Sakurai's poll. He's another sword-wielder, I know, but there's some potential there.

3rd Party

Snake: I did not expect to see this guy. Whatever, though---I'm glad he's in.

Sonic: If Sonic made it into Brawl, I could finally die happy. Seriously. Considering his chances are pretty good, I'm going to throw him on my list for good measure.

Megaman: The world's a crazy place, I know. Many people think that Megaman doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of appearing in Brawl, but I have to argue. Megaman has more history with Nintendo than any other console that he's appeared on. He started out there for crying out loud. It is very feasible that he could make it in.

There you go, guys. My list.

Smooth Criminal

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
speaking of olimar's uniqueness

anyone like my moveset for him

also criminal one problem with your list
i am not a fan of pokemon and i'm a fan of starfox but three pokemon is downright impossible

why would they decrease a series representation and it is there second largest series. Therefore you will have to (sniffle) cut either a classic or a starfox character

oh wise i chose that bup since blue pikmin throw drowning pikmin
they throw olimar in ice climber fashion but no string

also isn't it poetic to make a pikmin throw olimar (i'm not being defensive just giving reasons popping in my head)

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Says you. I'm betting that bet thing is just an excuse to be able to wield a Sheik sig without having to admit to anything :laugh:

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
what was the confirmed character i missed

i have mario, link, kirby, pika, meta, pit, snake, fox, zelda, samus/zamus.

Top Bottom