• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm sorry, but I think 6.5 is a bit too generous considering he completely omitted the FE franchise. Especially seeing as he had both tails and Knuckles as well as Sonic.
i knew he was missing something, but i couldn't lay a finger on it. nevermind, but that will have to move it to 5/10 as he went over and omitted my second favorite series.

melee_man

Smash Cadet
im not saying she's 'another peach'
Im saying she doesnt have low jump power. SHe is a good jumper

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
my midna stats

size: ditto
weight: low
jump: high but not yoshi, peach high
speed: mid-high
damage: mid
reaction: high
range: mid for most mid-high for hair
strengh- mid-low

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
That's actually understandable. Most people generally just stick with Marth returning and Ike replacing Roy, so I suggest you use that as your base:)

And I don't think people would rip your head off (or they'd be pretty horrible people and aren't worth bothering with anyway), mosst will just point out which characters you should probably consider instead.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
yeah, fix that up by taking out some of those stupid characters (lanky kong)

and wiseguy, in your first post, under grey fox, you put sajurai instead of sakurai.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
There's nothing wrong with adding in a little personal taste, providing that there's a good reason for it. You could say the same thing about omitting others, like Olimar or Mach Rider. Nobody knows who is getting in, so who's to say that character A is in and character B isn't (unless your talking about confirmed characters)?

Smady

Smash Master
Oh . . . my . . . god. I can't believe I did that! *Squeal*

It's most definately the result of the fact that I'll probably never play as him, but then again, I could say the same about the majority of the newcomers.

Looks like Mach Rider or Olimar are going to have to take the back seat.
Don't worry about it. If you stick around here for a few more days you'll become so enfused with the characters you'll never forget again. I literally only visit the Character Predictions section.

:034:

Smash Hero
I'm just jumping right in again for a different character list. Yes I've made one before, this is an 'improved' version, looking more at who might've been included earlier (I've heard of Pit and Sigurd in SSB64). Reasons are also added.

Mario Series: (5)
- Mario: Confirmed character.
- Luigi: He was one of the original 12. No way he's out. (Luigified Mario Clone)
- Peach: Did enough for the series, own game, was in Melee.. Yeah.
- Bowser: See above.
- Bowser Jr.: I had a hard time kicking out Shadow Mario. But, after much consideration, Shadow Mario would just be a Mario clone, and a useless transformation. Bowser Jr. did enough on his own.

Zelda Series: (4)
- Link: Confirmed character.
- Zelda: Confirmed character.
- Ganondorf: Everybody loves villains! I'm excited to see a real slow swordsman, would be a nice change from all the Marth/Roy stuff (I don't count Link as a swordsman, actually).
-Wolf Link/Midna: Midna on her own wouldn't work. She'd be a Zelda clone, while Midna and Wolf Link have enough. Midna also had a huge impact on the Zelda games, finally a good alternative from the annoying fairies. Not to mention 90% of the story resolved around her.

'What lo?! Just four characters for Zelda?!' I can hear you say. Yeah. We really don't need WW Link guys. Pokémon is more popular than Zelda, which has 4 characters as well. The only one that deserves the 5 is the Mario series. WW Link would be a useless clone who'd kick out Wolf Link/Midna for no reason.

Pokémon Series: (4)
- Pikachu: Confirmed character.
- Jigglypuff: I actually wasn't sure about this one. I heard stories about lack of time to produce SSB64, and that they dumped the making of a complicated moveset for Pit for Jiggly. And then she got into Melee for... Popularity? Huh? Now that America actually counts for these games, I figured she might get kicked out... But then again, I've seen people use her in a very good way. So we're stuck with her.
- Lucario: Must I really explain? A good movie, nice popularity, good possible moveset.
- Sudowoodo: Seriously, who wouldn't want to kick *** with this guy? =P

Metroid Series: (4)
- Samus Aran: Confirmed character.
- Zero Suit Samus: Confirmed character.
- Ridley: Must I really explain?
- Dark Samus: Just think about it. A dark, destructive Samus, bent on pure power and mass killing. One so evil that even the hair on the back of your neck wants to run for it's life. How awesome would that be? Besides, it's either Darky or a Hunter. (Luigified Samus Clone)

Star Fox Series: (3)
- Fox McCloud: Confirmed character.
- Wolf O' Donnell: More importance, more so than Falco, anyway. He'll replace Falco as the Fox clone, which I would be quite happy with. I play Falco myself, but I think Wolf deserves it more. And like I said, everybody loves villains! (Luigified Fox Clone)
- Krystal: Popularity? Check! Original possible moveset? Check! Importance? Check!

Fire Emblem Series: (3)
- Marth: First Fire Emblem lord. Popular in Japan, often used in Melee... Yep.
- Ike: Another popular FE lord. Both in America and Japan, often wanted... Sure, why not? (Marth Clone?! Sad but true.)
- Black Knight: Alright! Who likes villains? Slow swordsmen = good.

Kirby Series: (3)
- Kirby: Confirmed character.
- Metaknight: Confirmed character.
- King DeDeDe: Must I really explain?

Donkey Kong Series: (3)
- Donkey Kong: One of the original 12.
- Diddy Kong: Wario, Metaknight and Diddy were (most?) wanted for Melee, the first two got their conformation...
- King K.Rool: WHUT FD IT'S K.ROOL. Everybody loves villains, we need more slow characters. (Luigified Bowser Clone)

F-Zero Series: (2)
- Captain Falcon: One of the original 12.
- Samurai Goroh: I changed my mind?! WOW. Yeah, Goroh will replace the Black Shadow as Falcon's clone. Somebody in this thread told me about the fact that Goroh was in more games than Falcon was, which was enough to take me over to the Goroh side. I wouldn't be suprised if Black Shadow got in there after all though.(Captain Falcon clone)

Other Series: (8)
- Wario: Confirmed character.
- Pit: Confirmed character.
- Yoshi: Semi-confirmed.
- Ness: The last of the original 12.
- Balloon Fighter: Pit is retro. Balloon Fighter is too.
- Captain Olimar: And those who disagree must die. =P
- Mii: Because Wii connects people. The Mii is the Way.
- Isaac: Even if it's another swordie, Isaac's psynergy will put some changes into the fight! Zing!

Third Party: (3)
- Solid Snake: Confirmed character.
- Sonic: Obvious.
- Mega Man: Because another Konami character (Belmont) would be weird. Plus Capcom+Nintendo = good match.

36 Characters + 6 Clones = 38 characters, 42 in total.

kevgeez

Smash Rookie
wiseguy i agree with a lot of your points, especially with the pokeman comments. I have tried my hardest to get into that series, watching or playing, and i cant see why anyone over the age of 12 would like it. Its so childish. And jiggly has to go. I'd like to know why and how he makes it to EVERY smash game.

But some things i dont see with you are about young link and th emblem cats. Why would they use the windwaker young link? The animation was horrible for his body. It was like a bad joke. They should use minish cap link if any young link.

Regarding marth and roy....why can't they have them AND they new emblem guys? Isnt the wii much more powerful? If mugen can hold a 1000 chars, i think SSBB can hold a like 75. Thas not impossible...its a 2D game as far as fighting and i thought the wii was a lot more powerful than the gamecube?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
@ kevjeez the reason we stated that 40 characters is probable is not the wii's lack of power

sakurai said he wouldn't add as many characters as mellee was to 64

time constraints (do you want 20+ clones)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@Flying Dutchman
10/10 for no ww link :)
but really, 9/10 for ss many clones, they were unnecessary and you could have made 2 of those clones original and stayed in the limit, and as you know, i am against clones. but it was a good list, and you didn't cut too many characters.

@kevgeeze
i agree with you on wwlink, but sakurai said no more than 50 characters. welcome to smashboards, and if you havn't checked, you better go to www.smashbros.com. else no one will take you seriously.

@wiseguy
how come the person with the better list gets a lively thread? mine got like 2 pages. but i guess yours is more controversial.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
hey how about a solo midna and wolf-link somewhere in her final smash

lol think of bowser swinging a full grown chain chomp for his final smash (he swung a small one in rpg)

heck bowser jr. can draw petey

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@donkeysmasher
thats more likely than wolf-link and midna as a character. and you seem to have a habit of posting the same idea on multiple threads. not that its a bad thing, though.

Smady

Smash Master
I do predict a lone Midna, a combination with her Super Smash could be cool though. A brief, un-offensive appearance for Wolf Link.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
sorry about that it's just that this thread has the most constructive criticism

most threads go no he's my favorite character so he's in or sheik FTW

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Yeah, my opinions about Falco are probably a little biased, but he has been one of the most significant characters in the series, more than Wolf, even slightly more than Krystal. It would be plain unfair to omit him. Not just to fans, but to everyone in general. I'd rather them include Sheik, frankly, than omit Falco.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
viroxor your not one of the favorite character stubborn people
i also would keep falco but the starfox slots is very competiitive

melee_man

Smash Cadet
...I dont think dutchman even read my previous post...
Midna couldn't be a Zelda clone.
ESPECIALLY if shes an imp or with wolf link.
Besides, as her human form, it would be basic spoilers for those who havent beaten twilight princess yet.

whaddoes everyone else think.

No matter what, though, wolf link at least deserves a trophy in the trophy collection area... if they are going to have one this time 'round.

heh, and about including sheik, I think most of the people that:

A: want her in are those that use her 99% of the time
or
B: want her out are those who get owned by her.

I personally wouldnt mind her being in, as a separate character.
I dont mind falco being in either, i mean, aint no problem, right?

Heh, I laugh that they put link on the "low" tier.
hehehe... thats funny.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Zant3Tsuken is going to die. Soon. Look at my avvy. Look it in the face. You know exactly what I'm talking about, don't you?
I had to flame a character to get a response to my post no? I guess I shouldn't complain too much, as with no falco there would've been such a massive player base playing fox. Doesn't change the fact that I find him irritating and dorky, which is more of a critique on Starfox 64 than how he plays in Melee, so no hard feelings. :laugh:

Viroxor

Smash Ace
<.< >.> Okay.

I liked Falco in Star Fox 64. The only ones I found amazingly irritating were Slippy (because he sounds like a transvestite) and Leon (because he sounded like he was stoned. ALL THE TIME.). Falco was one of my better-liked voices in the game. In Melee, he was just a clone, but I played as him because of his character in everything else.

End rant.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i just realized that 40 characters mean 40 different b's for kirby

i can't see him doing something like throwing olimar's pikmin though

or better yet farting like wario

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
- Ike: Another popular FE lord. Both in America and Japan, often wanted... Sure, why not? (Marth Clone?! Sad but true.)
I seriously doubt that Ike would be even close to a Marth clone. They'll likely have very different styles and will be a great example of how differently sword wielders can fight.

kma23

Smash Apprentice
you forgot sothe on your fire emblem list he main character in that new fire emblem game too he a thief and owns hard I want him in pic of sothe:

poke mon trainers should be in the custom ones from( battle revolution) they use your pokemon team to do combos and can trap opponents in poke balls I believe trainers have been ignored for far to long deserve the smash spotlight for once!!!!!!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
by now u know my mind wanders around but wouldn't a four olimar game be very confusing (especially if pikmin is reusable)

i'm not dissing olimar but how will they differentiate pikmin

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
I guess it would just be like 4 ice climbers in one match -.- However, I am dismissing Olimar, because he is just too gimicky. How could you base a whole, good moveset on Captain Olimar - I would like this to see!

Anyways, in the Fire Emblem debate; I see that Sothe is not a likely choice as a main Fire Emblem character. I think he would be a secondary or tertiary (or... more?) character, with Ike as the main FE character. The reason for this is that Sothe is a thief with two knifes - He's just not generic enough. Ike would be a much better choice, as he is a very well balanced swordsman a la Marth!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
did you see the update? they already made the starting character selection screen. plus, earlier, (not on this thread) i had guessed you would choose controller configuration with your name. but with the starter list already made, and the surprise update of zelda makes me think that if people like olimar and diddy kong are starters, they are already finished, but Sakurai is finishing with meta-knight, zzs, and snake before he puts more on.
sorry for going completly off topic, but i wanted to point that out.

Smady

Smash Master
I wouldn't take anything from the "Starting Screen" comment. He's probably bluffing... Even if it is decided, I doubt he has completed all of them. And we don't know who they are anyways.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say that he's bluffing. He just does a darn good job concealing information. It's quite possible that, if the starter screen is comprised of characters already announced, that we may only get to start with 6-8 characters. This could lead to a ton of characters left over to unlock, which, in my eyes, is a very good thing.

Smady

Smash Master
The ones announced will be starters, obviously, so that leaves Ridley, Wolf and Dedede etc. to unlock. He is indeed good at concealing information...

Copperpot

Smash Ace
If Ridley, Wolf, and Dedede are announced, I highly doubt that any of them will be starting characters. It will most likely be very similar to Melee's starting line-up, with Mario, Link, Kirby, Fox, Samus, Pikachu, Wario, Zelda, Metaknight, and Peach and/or Bowser opened up.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@smash daddy
well, the game has been in production longer than melee was, and they started out with melee's engine, so they better **** well be 90% done with the game by now. and i won't be here for about 10 days, so no starting rumors about me going missing.

@wiseguy, if any update comes when i'm gone concerning our bet, whoever losses starts wearing the sig when i come back.

@copperpot
and probably a FE character, and one more that sakurai will choose.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
If there were any more, Marth, Yoshi, DK and/or Pit would be my guess. I just don't see him offering a very extensive cast right off the bat, but if this game's history in character boons is any indication, it could be extremely extensive for all I know.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if it started out with the originals from the last game (meaning, already useable from the start). If there's 40 characters, then there'll be a lot more to unlock than in the last game, but I'd rather unlock more than start with more, myself.

Top Bottom