• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA BTDT -Next- Xanadu, 8/27/11

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
youtube comment on teams Grand Finals from the last SoVa tourney:

kornssbm (6 days ago)
should've went to that tourney instead of Cyberden D:

taken slightly out of context, but it gets the point across ^_^

Housing is usually available for anyone who gives decent notice [a day or two]...or if we know you/are cool with you and you just show up, we'll find SOME way to help everyone out who comes through SoVa =D

If you guys don't come through on the 27th, then come through October 18/19th. It's a two day event but I'm going to try my hardest to ensure that everything important gets done on the first day [leaving crews and any side tourneys (Melee?) for day 2] so that people won't feel stuck if they end up advancing in the tourney...nor will they feel gypped if they can't stay both days and thus have to forfeit the tourney early.

If things go as planned [they typically do in SoVa :)] then housing will be available [for the 18th/19th only] AT the venue [don't foresee any additional charges for staying, but I can't guarantee that yet]

Keep in mind that Magician's Alliance has complete control over fees [depending on the size of the tourney, venue fee is almost 100% in our control], and especially: RULES. Yeah it's hosted by a game store, but don't let that taint your expectations. We've been to a lot of big tourneys [C3 events, Critical Hit 3, MP Jubilee in NC] so none of us are scrubs when it comes to keeping things current with the ruleset. We're very slightly conservative on stage lists, so you may not see Pictochat, Norfair, Hanenbow, or Pokestadium 2 around here. But we DO allow Mansion on teams ^_^

toasty

Smash Hero
more people wanted to attend [and will in the future] but they had work or they had family vacation stuff [last weekend of summer] or they were going off to college

and dude I was just making a sales pitch for what was more fun and what more people should come through for [give us a chance ;____;] ..I'm sure Cyberden is sweet and no way would I abandon a larger and very very close tourney for a smaller one in the distance. but in the name of exploration, seeing your ole buddy toasty, and meeting more [and cooler/more chill] people, you should come through SoVa! =D

We have the chillest tourney atmosphere ever and everyone has a lot of fun. No bull**** egos or **** talking...no tension. just smash and **** ^_^

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
pulido MIKE (11:32:35 PM): i heard azen beat m2k
pulido MIKE (11:32:39 PM): at critical hit
Johnyontheguitar (11:33:22 PM): i also heard critical hit had 30 players
Johnyontheguitar (11:33:31 PM): LoL i don't care if they're better
Johnyontheguitar (11:33:40 PM): my **** throws bigger tournaments than the east coast
pulido MIKE (11:33:44 PM): lmao

0kin

Smash Journeyman
ill definitely try to come down for the October tourney, but it looks like there a Cyberden this month now...

toasty

Smash Hero
someone find me a tight venue for pound 4 -.-
it can be done mad easily if you wanna hold it in SoVa lmao

for real though, this is where I'm trying to hold my huge tourney next summer [I'm thinking mid-august, a month after Ohana]...they did some renovations so it's about 1/8 - 1/4 smaller than what you'll see here, which isn't bad. Projectors, endless tables and chairs, etc...all of those are available.

Skip to the very end around 5:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ZHQRzLtnY

lemme know if you're interested :)

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
G-reg you mind listing our Oct 18-19th tourney?

The venue we have compares to c3, but with a better chair/table/venue owner situation.
It's a 2 day event and we're in the center of the EC.

0kin

Smash Journeyman
ffffff. hmm i have a good amount of friends that go there, anything i can do to help let me know man
edit: doesnt UMBC smasher still go there?

Vist

Smash Champion
I go there now and so does umbc ss. We're already kinda working on getting a game tournament club going there to make hosting tournaments there easier but at the very least, umbc tournaments are coming back.

Lobos

Smash Master
MD/VA power rankings would most likely be based off the ecrc tourneys. Even tho its "east coast" most of the top players are from md/va anyways lol

If we do have power rankings do we separate MD and VA, combine them, or both?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Obviously combine them. And looking at all MD/VA tourneys would give us a better picture of the best players. Bigger sample size = better accuracy. Looking at 2 or 3 big tourneys isn't a great idea, anyone can have a bad day (or not show).

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I glanced at results for a bit and made my own spur of the moment list. copied and pasted from originals thread. There are two #8's but i don't care lol

1.Azen
2.Chillin
3.Chudatz
4.G-Regulate
5.Omni
6.Plank
7.Forte
8.Neo
8.Boss
9.Lukky
10.Korn
11-15 between Chinesah, Candy, God Is My Rock , Thumbswayup, SlikVik, ChaosKnight, Jcaeser, Meep, Hova

for 11-15, its too close. you'd have to look closer at brackets and results to figure it out

chillindude829

Smash Master
I am down to start some MD/VA Power Rankings. If you guys want I can set up a forum somewhere for us to vote. I mean... seriously, I invented Smash power rankings. That's another thing I'm the best at: running Power Rankings

Also Slikvik that list isn't too bad, but I'd definitely put Travis over Korn and Lukky. And I disagree about some of the other placements, but it's not bad for a starting point.

Lobos

Smash Master
Well thats a pretty accurate list vik, but obviously not everyone shows up to everything/quit brawl/or just has a bad day....

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I am down to start some MD/VA Power Rankings. If you guys want I can set up a forum somewhere for us to vote. I mean... seriously, I invented Smash power rankings. That's another thing I'm the best at: running Power Rankings

Also Slikvik that list isn't too bad, but I'd definitely put Travis over Korn and Lukky. And I disagree about some of the other placements, but it's not bad for a starting point.
i say go for it. make a MD/VA power rankings. I'll defend some of the placements people disagree with there in detail with results

Top Bottom