• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys sorry I haven't been around to contribute or give helpful tips/feedback or whatever.
School and soccer are draining my entire life.
Rand is almost done..! Brace yourselves!

Oh, I do have room to say one thing: TWILTHERO, Leonardo is godly. The visual aid is kick *** and is deffinately from one of my fav fighting games as a kid. Vanilla Ice fits in well, and I seriously watched that youtube video. Good work.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'd like to see a good (non-joke character) Missingno moveset, GlitchMaster. Don't let that stop you from doing it.

I would also appreciate a few more comments on my latest moveset, currently linked in my sig (Squeak Squad). Seriously, it's really long and really detailed, and (to briefly praise myself) pretty good.

Ninja? Check.
UFO? Check.
Pirate? Check.

Anyone? I mean, to the people who don't want to pick through all that, just skim the playstyle sections, if nothing else.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Someone should do Spawn.

I don't know if I suggested this already, but it'd be tight.
I've actually never read the comics or played the game, but he looks too awesome not be done.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

Rand Marks!

Background Info:
Subcategory Background A: Game Origin
Rand is the 3rd person to join Ryu in Breath of Fire II. You find him in a collisium, where fighters from all over the world flock to compete against each other! Ryu seeks Rand's help when they learn about a man who has poisoned a girl, Katt, and began to fix matches! After Ryu & Rand clean up the mess at the colisseum, them and Katt set off on a greater adventure than Rand could ever imagine...

Subcategory Background B: Biography
Not a ton is publicly shown about Rand. He talks of his rocky relationship with his mother, but the relationship between the two is patched up within the game. When he was an adult he became the bouncer at said colisseum that Ryu went to.

Subcategory Background C: Personality
Despite his ferocious build, intimidating job and knuckles hard as diamond, Rand is one of the nicest guys you're gonna come across. He's very patient and forgiving and would rather solve a problem with his words than his enormous fists. His personality also defines how he fights... which is sort of odd, isn't it? A gentle giant... hmm...

Subcategory Background D: Abilities
In BOFII, Rand looks like a power maniac, but he actually isn't. Because of his gentle nature, his vigor is very low, which decreases his attack power dearly. For the sake of this moveset and my wishes for Rand's sheer power, I won't make him a giant *****. But in the game he makes up for his poorly presented power by having decent healing abilities and a couple of offensive magic abilities... they won't be in this moveset, because I don't think that a healing ability would be appropriate for such a character, but keep in mind that he indeed has some magic to share... if he wanted to.

How This Moveset Will Work / Special Notes
This is another normal moveset from me, no strings attached once more. There aren't even any special notes, so be prepared... for uh... the expected? No. I shouldn't say that. Just keep reading.

The Feel for Rand
Look at him. HE IS A GIANT. This obviously will affect how you handle him... as I will describe later, he's up to Bowser's size and is just as heavy as well. He can't jump or move to save him life, but he has amazing approach game and is has great ground game. This is not to say, however, that his aerial game stinks: though he doesn't get a lot of air, he still has powerful moves and EXTREMELY LARGE HITBOXES. Overall, he's a basic heavyweight character with low agility and athleticism... but just wait for the description of his raw power.

Basic Statistics (1-5)
Strength = 5: It's hard to compare him to someone else because the heaviest hitters don't always have the greatest movesets... so I will say this: his Smashes will pwn you.
Dodge = 1: His dodge roll is like tripping to him. His aerial dodge lasts half as long as another's does, and his ground dodge looks clumsy.
Recovery = 2.5: His jumps are pathetic, but his UpB redeems this feat by giving him amazing vertical distance.
Speed = 1: Literally the slowest walker in the game... his sprint is as useless as Ganondorf's. HOWEVER. Since he is so large, he takes very long strides. This means two things: he doesn't look as slow as he actually is, and it's hard to move nimbly (if you can even imagine that) with Rand at all.
Initial Jump = 2: Since his legs are so jacked, he can jump... but not very high...
Secondary Jump = 1.5: Not the worst, but certainly not average.
Weight = 5: About .9% lighter than Bowser. But since he is taller than Bowser and is skinnier, he has an odd target for a body.
Height = 5: About 3 feet taller than Bowser... it's almost like Mario when he does his taunt.
Fall Speed = 5: Whoa. Because of his topheavy build, he falls strangely, but he still has strong aerial game when it comes to the fight.
Traction = 4: He has frickin horse hooves! I don't know if you would call that slippery but he doesn't slide very well.

Pros & Cons
Pros​
  1. One of the heaviest hitters in the game
  2. One of the heaviest characters in the game
  3. Great approach game
  4. Huge hitboxes
  5. His F-smash is one of the strongest smashes in the game
  6. Has decently quick aerial attacks
  7. His specials actually balance out his physical game
  8. Good traction
  9. Good UpB recovery
  10. Huge shield
  11. Variety of Special attacks
  12. Has a powerful projectile
  13. Because of his height and reach, he grabs ledges from distances you wouldn't expect.

Cons​
  1. Terrible speed, one of the slowest
  2. The worst dodge roll in the game
  3. Biggest vertical target in the game; enormous target overall
  4. Falls like a lead brick
  5. Poor jumping
  6. Most of his attacks make him suffer post lag
  7. Against a small, quick character, he is easy to dance around and confuse
  8. Final Smash is a "get-a-hold-of" Smash, but it's not nearly as strong as Triforce Slash.
  9. If shield is broken, he falls unconscious longer than any other character
  10. Being the enormous character he is, it can be frustrating to dodge little things like Bumpers and Land Mines. He's very hard to get around with.

Combat Moves
STANDARD/TILT/DASH ATTACKS
Standard "A" Tap = Rand does a low punch. He bends over slightly and punches around Mario's head height. Solid damage for a standard attack, low knockback & lag.
1-2 "A" Tap Combo = Rand then lowers his back shoulder (which is enormous) onto his opponent's head, and it does about twice as much damage as the regular "A" tap but has 1 second post lag. Does better knockback.

Tilt Forward/Back = Rand does a solid knee into his opponent's gut. This does poor damage compared to most of his attacks and has a smaller hitbox, but the knockback is incredible: the opponent is sent away at a 50 degree from Rand into the air. He suffers slight pre-move lag, as well.
Tilt Upward = Rand ducks down, as if charging a move, then explodes his body upwards, extending his arms outwards, as if he's roaring. If you can't understand this pose, tell me and I will seriously draw a picture. Anyways... the hitbox in the top line of his body from fingertip to fingertip, but it's a "W" shaped hitbox... hard to explain. Anyways, it does great damage and knockback but it takes a while for him to do the move and it takes some time for him to recover from executing the move.
Tilt Downward = Rand takes a quick knee-jump and stomps both of his heavy feet into the ground. The hitbox are his enormous feet (about the size of Kirby) but they're not side by side. Bad knockback, solid damage, half second post-move lag.

Dash Attack = Rand faces the crowd and lowers his shoulder (just like a tackling football player) and his entire front side of his tackling position is the hitbox! However, this acts as a Juggernaut like move... once he gets his momentum going (and you execute the attack) Rand will take 3 WHOLE SECONDS to regain his balance and stop himself from going straight off the platform. However, if you can hit your foe, you deal great damage and the knockback is superior to other dash attacks.

SMASHES
Forward/Back Smash = Rand takes a huge backswing of his front arm and plants a straight up punch into his opponent. The advantage is that this attack has amazing power and knockback capabilities. The downside is that he twists his wrist, which makes the hitbox smaller than most of his other attacks, and he suffers EXTREME post move lag. I'm talking like 2.6 seconds here if the move is fully charged. It is a godly attack if you can land it well, but if you miss or screw around with it... phew... Rand is gonna be hurting from post lag.
Up Smash = Rand claps his hands over his head, just like Donkey Kong, but the clap located slightly in front of his body. So he leans a little bit forward, then claps above him. This means that oncoming, airborne enemies are gonna be the ones to use this attack on. It has great damage and decent knockback, but like all of Rand's smashes, he suffers terrible lag after he does this move. For a Smash, though, this move is surprisingly quick.
Down Smash = This is his worst smash. It does the least damage of the 3 (but it still does good damage) and has the least knockback since the enemy is supposed to go down, and Rand suffers 1 second lag before and after the move. Here's the move: Rand crouches into a football-tackling position like his dash attack, but brings up his back foot and collapses like a building onto the ground in front of him. It crunches his enemy beneath his body weight. It's as simple as that, but remember how long the move is overall.

AERIALS
Neutral Air = This is a great approach move. In midair, Rand takes a quick slap with the palm of his enormous hand. Since the hitbox is so large and the move lasts a short while, it's almost like placing a spike-covered shield in front of Rand's torso until he lands. And because he falls so quickly, you can almost guarantee that this move will last until he hits the ground. However, it's a weaker move and does hardly and knockback at all.
Forward Air = Rand does a simple kick with his enormous legs. Does good damage but poor knockback. This attack takes a long time to execute since Rand is so inflexible though, so only use this attack when coming in from the air to strike a foe on the ground.
Back Air = Rand puts his arms in a "chicken" position (if this doesn't make sense tell me) and he spins his entire body around. His c0cked elbows are the hitboxes, and they are smaller than usual and his spin is very slow, so this move is pretty useless unless you need to seriously protect your backside. It does better knockback than his other moves though, so there's one up side.
Up Air = Rand lowers his enormous shoulders and snaps his tiny head forward. Since the hitbox is so small, it's a hard move to pull off... but that hardhead of his does some pretty solid damage, and this move is one of the few on this moveset that doesn't make him suffer lag. But remember how large of a tareget he is and you will realize how easy it is to avoid this attack...
Down Air = Rand does a front flip with his arms and legs tucked in. It's basically a somersault in midair, and his limbs and shoulders are the hitbox, so it's hard to avoid. However, it takes him forever to get into the spherical shape of him tucked in, so expect to only rarely be able to do this move since he falls so fast. He has to really be up in the air for you not to fall to the ground before you can even damage anyone. But if you can, it's a rewardingly powerful attack with little post lag.

Grabs & Throws
Grab Animation: Rand has strange throws and he is unique in this: depending on the characters, Rand grabs them in a different way.
So here goes...
If the enemy is around Kirby/Pikachu/Ness' size, Rand will grab by cupping the foe into his palms. His grapples are then by squeezing with his enormous grip.
If the enemy is around Mario/Sonic/Falco's size, Rand will grab by doing the basic grab with one hand. His grapples are doing light punches to the foe's entire body within his one-handed grasp.
If the enemy is human sized (Link, Yoshi, Samus), Rand will grab them by tighly gripping the foe's torso area. His grapples are short bonks via head to their head area.
If the enemy is huge like Bowser/DK/King DDD, Rand will grab their arms and hold them up into the air. His grapples are pulling the giants in and headbutting their torso.

However, no matter how big the enemy is, Rand's grapples are all equally powerful and his throws are the same animation no matter how big his foe is.
And please note that Rand's throws are actually weaker in percentages than most people's throws, but he has AMAZING THROWING DISTANCE. People like Kirby and Meta Knight are like baseballs to him, and giants like Bowser and DK seem like normalweights to the likes of Rand.

Forward Throw: Rand simply does an overhand throw in front of him. Straight line of trajectory, poor damage, post-move lag.

Back Throw: Rand does the same move as his Forward Throw but does a fancy turn-around before doing it. Same statistics are Forward Throw.

Up Throw: Rand pins his foe onto his back as he crouches, then flexes his shoulders and jumps up, sending the enemy flying into the air. Terrible damage, little post-move lag, takes about 2 seconds to do and is easy to break free of.

Down Throw: Rand places the foe on the ground gently, then angrily stomps his front foot onto the foe's helpless body. Very little knockback, but decent damage and he suffers slight post-move lag.

Specials
Standard B: Spinjab Blow = If you've ever played BOFII, you know what Rand's basic attack battle animation is. He spins his fist really fast in a swift circle, and he does an uppercut.
This is what this attack looks like (on the right/bottom side of the yellow line)

Rand does this and here's how the uppercut works.
  • It works like Falcon Punch. It's not charged, it's just a powerful punch that makes Rand suffer from extreme pre and post move lag.
  • It's very easy to tell when Rand is doing the move, making it very avoidable.
  • If Rand lands the punch, he deals 31% damage and sends the opponent flying up into the air!
It's that simple. An extremely powerful & rewarding move? Yes. Very hard to pull off in a tough fight? Yes.
But here's the catch! For every 30% that Rand has on his current stock, the move is approx. 3 seconds faster!
So let's set up a chart.
0% = 2.6 seconds to execute
30%= 2.3 seconds
60%= 2.0 seconds
90%= 1.7 seconds
120%= 1.4 seconds
150%= 1.1 seconds
180+%= .8 seconds

Before you think that it's way to hard to make this move worthy, remember how heavy Rand is and how high high percentages have to be to really knock him around... unless he's hit hard, you can count on this move dimming down in the timeframe. And don't think it's an "x" second charge up: it's "x" second from charge to impact.

Side B: Thunderclap = This (and the rest of the specials) are original moves that I thought would be appropriate for Rand. Alright, here it is: this attack can serve as either A.) a powerful up-front blasting attack, B.) a mid-ranged, slow wave of energy or C.) a long-ranged projectile. It's all in the way you tilt your joystick and how long you hold B.

If you tilt the joystick and hold B for more than half a second, Rand will charge up and release a half-disc of energy that is the size of Mario, and it comes from the shockwave of an enormous clap of Rand's powerful hands.
This is what the projectile looks like:
And remember, it's as tall as Mario and about as wide as Kirby. It moves as quickly as Samus' Charged Shot and does about 9% damage and has an amazing effect (for a projectile): this projectile unleashes the most powerful knockback of any projectile: though the damage doesn't match the knockback, a light character at about 100% could be knocked clean into KO if this disc hits them!
But remember this downside: it takes a while for Rand to do this move, and the animation makes it obvious that he is about to do it. This is a very well-rounded defensive move and should be used often.

If you tilt/smash the joystick and tap B, Rand will do a short-ranged thunderclap that damages and severely knocksback characters in front of him. It takes just as long as the disc attack, but serves 16% if Rand can get his hands on his enemies and does 1.4 times as much knockback as the disc! So, a lightweight character could be knocked clear off the stage at only 60%! Though you may think this is useless, this move is very unpredictable and doesn't take as long as Rand's smashes.

If you you smash the joystick and hold B, Rand will charge for a second. He will then lunge forward and clap way out in front of him. It's the same exact move as the entry above, but this: three times as much range, half the damage, and 1.1 more knockback than the disc. So overall, good range, bad damage, can KO a lightweight at about 90%. This is the easiest to execute because the buttons to hit are easier to do than to mess with the joystick like the disc or smash, but this is basically an inbetweeny when it comes to the overall move.

Up B: Rolling Takedown = I think this move is actually sorta neat even though unfortunately, it is a commonly used special by characters that don't really have their own defined moves... cough Ridley... but yeah. Rand balls up into a ball and rolls quickly, (but you can still make out the details, he doesn't become a spinny little ball. Also note that he's still enormous, about Ike's height still) and leaps up into the air! This vertical distance is great but the horizontal recovery lacks. Think of it as a giant trying to do Samus' Up B and that's what you get... but the foe who is caught in his vortex of muscle isn't rapidly stung, they are instantly pulled in my Rand's extended and accurate hands! When Rand pulls his foe in, he immediately puts them under his weight and plummets into the ground and BOOM! Rolling Takedown.
Here's some details.
  • This attack makes up greatly for Rand's horrible jumping. However, he stumbles if he falls without taking someone down, just liek DK's Spinning Kong post-move lag.
  • If Rand is recovering and catches someone in the air, he will stop his vertical leap and plummet straight down...
  • So... basically if you catch someone while off the stage... RANDCIDE
  • It actually takes a short moment for Rand to roll up, so it is unwise to use this attack when at an awkwardly short distance, because Rand won't instantly pull in any adjacent pulls: therefore, it is an easy move to intercept if used poorly.
  • Because of Rand's great height, enormous holes in certain stages are no match for him. In other words, you will only have recovery problems if Rand is knocked AWAY from the stage not DOWN from the stage.

And there you have it.

Down B: Knuckle Shockwave = Rand uses both of his fists to slam into the ground! Uh... yeah. It's that simple really. But I must twist! So here goes.
Depending on what DIRECTION you tilt the joystick when doing B Down, Rand will aim his fists in a certain direction... Let's put an example out there. Rand is facing right. Remember that.
  • If you press B and hold down-right, Rand will slam his fists in FRONT of him, just like DK's handslap but doesn't have nearly as much speed.
  • If you press B and hold straight down, Rand will slam his fists directly in front of him, doing less damage than a direct punch, but covering both sides of him.
  • And vise versa the first one: he will do it behind him.
Differences from DK's Handslap?
  1. He suffers post-move lag, making this move a one-time charm, so you can't spam it or do it over and over again or whatever.
  2. It does a whopping 17% damage if you can land it right or left of him and 13% if you go straight down.

Final Smash: Kaiser Knuckle
Like I said in his Pros/Cons, Rand has a get-a-hold-of-and-you're-screwed Final Smash... but it's not very powerful, unlike most of his other moves. However, there is a great upside!
Since Rand is so enormous and has a long reach, your range is not limited to his front side: it a foe is within 5 feet of Rand up, down, sideways or whatever ways, he will forcefull grab them!...

...and do this.

I will make this as simple as possible: Rand collects tons of energy into his one fist and he does a straight up punch to the face to his paralyzed foe (paralyzed under his other fist's grip)
It does about 48% damage... and does about as much knockback as his Spinjab Blow... yeah not the greatest Final Smash.

Other Stuff
Taunts
Up = Stands up completely straight (FRICKING TOWER) and snorts will relief and relieves his chest.
Side = Stands up straight and punches his clenched fists together, giving a shockingly loud noise. It sounds like he's punching a concrete wall.
Down = Kneels and raises his fist into the air with victory, and then roars triumphantly.

Victory Poses
1.) Punches the ground like he's doing his DownB and dislevels the ground around him. He then looks to the camera with a smirk on his face.
2.) Pounds his chest with slow, powerful punches and roars. Similar to DK's cheer.
3.) Launches his fist into the air and roars, then lowers his fist to his chest and looks at the camera with a mysterious look upon his face.
4.) Sits and stares with a blank expression.

Loss Pose/Applause
Being the good sport he is, Rand claps slowly and cheerfully as he accepts his loss.

ENTRANCE
A blast of blue flames bursts in Rand's spot, and he fades from the flames. (this has nothing to do with Rand actually, I just couldn't think of anything except for a BOF-related entrance)

KIRBY HAT

Kirby gets Rand's strange mohawk and his piece of toga-like cloth across his body.

MESSAGE WHEN UNLOCKED
The gentle giant Rand has entered the battlefield!

Outfits
Standard = Magenta cloth, bronze armor & hair, blue leather, gold lining, white skin, yellow nails
Red Team = Red cloth, bronze armor & hair, black leather, gold lining, white skin, bright orange nails
Blue Team = Blue cloth, silver armor, brown hair, blue leather, gold lining, tealish skin, white nails
Green Team = Pine green cloth, bronze armor & hair, brown leather, gold lining, white skin, yellow nails
Yellow = Gold cloth, bronze armor & hair, blue leather, white lining, goldish skin, yellow nails
Other #1 = Black cloth, black armor, brown hair, black leather, white lining, white skin, yellow nails
Other #2 = Orange cloth, silver armor, brown hair, blue leather, white lining, white skin, white nails

Solid Snake codec
Snake: Otacon! Who is this giant?
Otacon: Calm down Snake! That's Rand. He's a bouncer of a club... he comes from a strange species.
Snake: How am I to calm down when this guy can beat me to a pulp without a second thought?
Otacon: I know about this guy, Snake. Despite his size and look, he's actually a gentle guy at heart.
Snake: You've gotta be kidding me.
Otacon: I kid you not. I'm not promising anything about the way he fights when he is angry, but don't assume he's gonna eat you alive. I don't think he'd ever do that.
Snake: Huh. This oughta be a good one.

SIZE COMPARISON

^This is as if Mario is standing in his normal stance and Rand is, from toe to top of their standing stance.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Spawn's really not that great of a character. I mean, he was fun to play as in Soul Calibur, but that's it. The comics stink, the movie stunk, and...well he's just silly!

@ 'Blitzkrieg: isn't that just a Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger logo with your name written on it?

Tracer Bullet for the win.

EDIT -

mantlecore77 said:
And so I present to you a preview of my next project...
O-hoh! Is funny because is much too big and complete to be called a "preview"!

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
O-hoh! Is funny because is much too big and complete to be called a "preview"!
Heh, my bad. It's actually complete- me saying it's a preview was from the original post, and I copy and pasted it onto a new post.
If that was a preview I'd hate myself.

EDIT: I finally see the Family Guy reference. I love it.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
@ MantleCore: THAT WAS HORRIBLE. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MAKING MOVESETS. IF YOU WANT TO SEE A GREAT MOVESET, LOOK UP FIERCE DEITY LINK.

lol....but in all seriousness, it's a cool moveset. RANDCIDE =O.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The Like picture is epic (Thought not as epic as fierce diety link). King Dedede should be the base for King Snake Knight, though, as his body features are hardest to implement onto other characters.

King Dedede with:
Meta Knight's wings
Meta Knight's mask
Meta Knight's cape
Snake's bandana (No crown)
Snake's spy suit

Also, kudos to anyone who visits this link. Gives me money in a MMO, and all you have to do is follow the link. Nothing else required, I'd be thankful if you did. http://s1.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=95795

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I was thinking Snake should be the base, with Meta Knight's wings, cape, and mask, and Dedede's hat and hammer.
And Big Gay Dance.

So Warlord, I clicked your link, got you the gold. Wanna return the favor and clicky-clicky the linky-linky in my siggy-siggy?

Pleasy-pleasy? Everyone...y...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ah, cool, sounds like you're a step ahead of me. Anyway, looking forward to the moveset!

smashbot226

Smash Master
RESERVED FOR:

"The dark side, I sense in you."

(A lot of his moves are based on and also taken from Soul Calibur 4. Here's a YouTube vid outlining his attacks. Better yet, I use those names as well.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU12CbfMnYc&feature=related

Bio: Yoda is an old, wise, and powerful Jedi Master- nearly 800 years of experience has made him one of the deadliest warriors who ever lived, despite his diminutive size and strange appearance. As a member of the Jedi Council on Corusant, he was a leader and an important figurehead of the Council, giving advice to others and proudly defending his people. Of course, he'll fight when he must; not only did he assist in the battle of Kashyyyk versus a whole droid army, but also clashed sabers against the evil Count Dooku. He was one of the only Jedi who managed to survive Order 66, as he fled to Dagobah shortly after dueling with the Emperor and becoming injured. He stayed on that planet for the rest of his life as a hermit, eventually teaching his last Padawan, Luke Skywalker, to become the greatest Jedi who ever lived...

Style: Yoda is a Jedi Master and a powerful Force Wielder; he can not only use complex leaping and jumping attacks with his saber, but also use immense force abilities such as Force Push and Force Shield. He is slow, however, and a slightly weaker than average fighter. However, where his strength truly lies is his ability to adjust to ANY range to attack accordingly, his nimbleness around the battlefield, and his merciless attack speed.

Prepare for a beating by a little green man.

PROS:

High attack speed
Smaller than Olimar- smallest guy in game
High range with his longer than normal saber and Force Powers
Great aerial game
Attacks have low lags on both sides
High Jump

CONS:

Weak
Slow
Light
No Meteor Smash
Below average Tilts

---------

STRENGTH: 2- He's small, but he'll still pack a noticeable punch.

SPEED: 2- He's old. Old people can't run. At least he's got Force.

JUMP: 4- Using the Force, Yoda can jump higher than normal.

ATTACK SPEED: 4- Yoda is a swift combatant, able to circle around his foes with ease.

RANGE: 3- His saber is long enough to clash swords, but what REALLY saves him is the Force.

TRACTION: 2- His small legs can't really help him out here.

WEIGHT: 1- Lightest guy in the game. Fully charged Ike Fsmash kills at 30%.

SIZE: 1- Smaller than Olimar. Smallest guy in the game, being a head taller than a Pokeball.

FALL SPEED: 2
------------
A, Tilts & Dash:

A,A,A-Triple Strike: Yoda slashes the foe's face, once, then twice, and finishes with a thrust into the foe's stomach. The overall combo is poor in damage, dealing only 7%, but has decent knockback and the last shot has quite a bit of range on it. Also a quick attack speed.

A>-Aerial Strike (H): Yoda hops in the air as he spins around, saber outstretched. A multi-side hitting tilt that does light damage (5%) and little knockback. However, the versatility of this move, combined with its good range, give it a notable recognition. A rather slow move, strange for Yoda.

A^- Aerial Strike (V): Yoda hops and spins into the air vertically, twice, slashing with his saber both times. Deals light damage (7%) but has a long range, about two vertical character distances, and has very low lags.

AV- Flip Kick: Yoda, while crouched, performs a drop kick while balanced on his hands, tripping the foe under 40% and dealing 3% damage. A slow move, but quick to recover. Has the shortest of ANY of Yoda's attacks.

Dash A- Spiral Attack: Yoda plants his saber into the ground as he runs, still gripping the hilt, as he spins like a drill forwards, saber in his grasp, feet first. Deals 9% damage and has a VERY long range. However, if blocked, it can leave Yoda wide open. It also has enough priority to beat out a few projectiles.

Smashes:

Fsmash- Charge Slash #2: Yoda dives forward as he quickly slices anything in his path with his saber, traveling for about one whole character distance. This move comes out quick and deals moderate damage by Yoda's standards (12%). Other than the range, its most noticed feature is the upward arc of the move, making it good against jump-in's.

Usmash- Ataru Windmill: Yoda hops into the air, slashing with his saber twice, each attack doing 7% damage, 14 in total. A good thing about this move is its range, giving him a great anti-air attack and his go-to kill move.

Dsmash- Swing Kick: Yoda plants his saber into the ground as he spins around it, smacking foes away from him. Damage and knockback wise, they're okay. (13% and kills at 120%.) However, this move's attack SPEED is slow, but its lags are very quick. Also has low priority.

Aerials:

Nair: Whirlwind Strike- Yoda turns on his side, with his saber hitting all around him within a decent range and giving out small power (9%)

Fair: Charge Strike- Yoda swiftly dives STRAIGHT forward in the air, knocking foes aside for big damage (15%) and knockback. However, this move has a LONG ending lag, leaving Yoda open for counters if he misses/whiffs.

Bair: Jedi Twist- The Master quickly swipes his saber around his back, then retracts it, causing small damage (7%.), but causing medium knockback and leaving the foe no chance to attack Yoda after the move. The range, however, is rather pitiful, but is his only one.

Uair: Twirling Divide- Yoda spins his lghtsaber twice in a counterclockwise motion, as he also gets a short jump in the air, similar to R.O.B.'s Dair. However, the ending lag is MUCH shorter than that, and he can even use it to recover. However, the damage and knockback is poor (5%.) as is the starting lag. However, the range on the attack is astounding, reaching up to three character lengths on both slashes.

Dair: Dagobah Step- Yoda pauses for a moment in the air, then dives downwards, feet first, and if he manages to land on a foe, he automatically footstool jumps them, dealing no damage, but also gives Yoda more distance than a regular FJ.

Specials:

B: Force Pull- Yoda lifts up his hand, and shoots a light blue sphere for about six character distances. Anyone caught in this blast takes 3% damage and is pulled in the direction Yoda currently is in. However, this move has an amazing quirk to it- you can actually PULL items towards you in that range, even Smash Balls, and is great for anti-gimping; pulling a foe off the stage and edge-hogging them afterwards. However, the lags on both ends are lackluster.

B^: Council Judgement- Yoda quickly performs an uppercut slice- then , as long as you mash B, continues slashing upwards, up to a total of seven slashes, adding up to 2% per slash. (14%.) The last slash gives out punishment and is a great Anti-Air move, having the overall range of two Fire Wolfs. However, you CAN be interrupted mid-attack, and has a huge opening after the last slash.

BV: Force Parry- Yoda quickly flicks his wrist as a bright shield... SHIELDS... him from impending doom, knocking the foe away, dealing no damage, and also reflects projectiles back in the direction they were sent. This move really has no weaknesses, but has no real strengths either.

B>: Force Push- Exactly the opposite of Force Pull- special item usage and all, except they fly AWAY from you. Artful use can provide you a nice little game of "Bob-Omb Tennis," in which you ALWAYS win.

FINAL SMASH: Ataru Finisher- Yoda sits on the ground and starts meditating, when out of nowhere a huge green energy field shoots out from Yoda's body about four character distances around him (About all of Battlefield except ledges.) Foes are slowly drawn into the sphere, and after five seconds of drawing in, Yoda gets back up on his feet, leaving the trapped foes stuck in the field, as Yoda's lightsaber spins around wildly inside the field, dealing huge damage (30% on all foes.) and massive knockback. The field is then put down, as the foes go flying.

Taunts:

Taunt 1: Yoda lowers his saber, asking, "Afraid are you? Hmm?"

Taunt 2: Yoda chuckles as he says, "Run you may. Judge you, I will not."

Taunt 3: Yoda deactivates his saber and tosses the hilt into the air, catches it, and quickly reactivates it.

Post Victory Animations:

Victory 1: Yoda spins his lightsaber around a few times as he finishes by slashing diagonally and saying, "Over, it is."

Victory 2: Yoda, without his saber, lifts a hand out as his walking stick comes to him, as he says, "MY ally... is the Force."

Victory 3: Yoda spins his saber a few times as he turns to the losers and says, "Warned you, I did."

Loss: Yoda is seen levitating as he claps.

Snake Codec:
Snake: Uh, Otacon? There's a small green ****** with a giant laser sword. Am I an addict?
Otacon: Umm... well... never mind. That;s Yoda, an Ataru Jedi.
Snake: In ENGLISH, Otacon?
Otacon: *Sigh...* He's a master swordsman, even though his size and strange speech trick you into believing otherwise.
Snake: Well, he's got ME fooled.
Otacon: Worse yet, he can use this psychic ability called, "The Force." He can push you, pull you, defend himself, you name it. All by using this one ability.
Snake: I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you fail.
Snale: I wonder if Alltel has better Codec deals than this...

SSE Role:

Over the Mario vs. Kirby fight, a shooting "star" soars above...

While Kirby & the saved princess are on the dirt road, they come across a strange sphere, as out pops out a small green creature, who looks around and summons a nearby stick with a flick of a wrist, surprising Kirby. As this little man steps forward, his name is revealed: Yoda. Kirby points to the long road ahead, motioning for help from Yoda, who nods his head, as he puts away his walking stick and pulls out a long green beamsword. You go through a level as these characters, until you run into... A RANCOR?!? Yes, somehow the Empire followed Yoda here and snuck a giant beast into the world of Smash! The fight is like this:

Character Rancor head over platform and serving as barrier

His head is his weak spot. His attacks are:

1. He bends backwards and swipes a claw across the platform. Just jump to avoid it. This move is slow to come out and is easy to see coming. However, it deals 20% damage and can kill at alarmingly low percentages.

2. The Rancor slams a fist into the cliff foundation, creating an Earthquake that will shatter any blocking player into a Stun Phase. The worst part about this move is that you won't be given enough time to see it coming- it's his fastest move. However, he'll only use it when the foe is far enough away.

3. Rancor reaches his head out to chomp on the foe. Even though this attack is relatively slow and has a very short range, it is an OHKO; resulting in a kill at ANY percentage. He'll only use this when the foe is on the ground and in his face.

4. The beast will back up and reach a huge claw across the platform, intent on grabbing somebody. If he DOES, the player is caught in the grip, as the Rancor crushes them in his hands, as he slams them into the platform. This move is telegraphed by an INSANE amount. However, he cannot be attacked when he's fully out there. Only uses it when his HP is half or below.

5. His deadliest move, Rancor will toss a boulder/tree/other foreign object at the platform, not only causing medium damage AND knockback, but ALSO destroying a portion of the stage it hits! He'll rarely use it.

After the battle, Rancor drags the cliff down, bringing the three into the deep jungle. You'll play another level until Yoda and the other two separate, as a result of stupid jungle foliage...

He won't be seen later until Ganondorf is inside his Factory, examining his merchandise, as Yoda, with his walking stick, stumbles through the front door, Force Pushing two oncoming Primid Guards away, with Ganondorf grunting in embarrassment. Then Yoda yields his lightsaber, as Ganondorf flees, leaving Yoda in a Subspace level. You get through it and get to Ganondorf, with the Ancient Minister alongside. Fight them both as Yoda and trophytize them. Feeling his duty done, Yoda turns to leave, as he hears a whirring and narrowly dodges a Dark Cannon blast from Bowser. Yoda flees, knowing that this new weapon would fare well against the Force...

As the Subspace Cruiser appears, Yoda makes one final stand against the disturbance in the Force; using his Transport Pod, he jumps onto the Cruiser and takes on 50 Primids, with two lives. After you win, Ganondorf confronts you, as you have a on-on-one battle. As Yoda, defeat him, and enter Subspace.

Realizing this is the disturbance Yoda has felt, he travels to the edge and discovers Master Hand, angered at this diminutive intruder. You fight against this Master Hand and win, but not for long- as the exhausted Yoda realizes, Master Hand isn't the mastermind- it is in fact, Tabuu; he is the reason why Yoda is here. Before Tabuu is able to do anything, Yoda sees the heroes come, as Tabuu looks to them, and quickly turns his gaze back to Yoda, who has mysteriously disappeared...

Keep watching after the credits, as a smiling Yoda looks on as the fighters witness the end of Subspace, as he turns back to his Transport Pod, then back to the Fighters and their cliff, as Yoda taps a few buttons on his pod, which flies off, leaving Yoda stranded- or is it a more positive term?
ETC:

ALT COSTUMES:

Default- Also acts as Green Team color.

Red- Yoda's skin turns a bright red! Acts as his Red Team Color.

Blue- Yoda's skin turns a lighter navy blue. Acts as his Blue Team Color.

Pink- Joke Color. Yoda's skin turns a bubble gum pink.

Black- Yoda's skin turns a pitch black, as his robe also dons this color, and his eyes & saber turn red.

Alternate- Yoda switches his regular white ones with the Nomad's Robes he's seen wearing in Dagobah.

WIIMOTE SOUND:

Lightsaber VRRHS are heard, as Yoda says, "The first move, you can make."

ENTRANCE:

Yoda walks in with his walking stick, as he tosses it away and quickly draws out his Lightsaber.

KIRBY HAT:

Kirby gains Yoda's green balding head and elf ears, as well as robe sleeves on his hands. Also gains Force Pull.

How does it look?

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
TVT's got his moves on page 211 now. And I only have one thing to say about Lassi's UpB: Doubleyou. Tee. Eff.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i might like to take a stab at this...has anyone done Krystal from Star Fox Adventures?

modifying fighting game chars is interesting to me...just check out my website for a whole mod i made of a freeware fighting game called Little Fighter 2

LF2 Nintendo Vs. Sega, it includes 26 chars ;)

smashbot226

Smash Master
I couldn't help but laught at the end of the Yoda moveset's codec....
Nice work though!

But smaller than OLIMAR?! That's pretty small!
Head taller than a POKEBALL, to be exact.

That's TWO Pokeballs stacked on top of each other- that's how big Yoda is.

But he's balanced out so that he's slow, weak, and light.

And THEN I give him high attack speed, versatile moves, and long range Force powers that are GOOD.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
i might like to take a stab at this...has anyone done Krystal from Star Fox Adventures?

modifying fighting game chars is interesting to me...just check out my website for a whole mod i made of a freeware fighting game called Little Fighter 2

LF2 Nintendo Vs. Sega, it includes 26 chars ;)
Afaik not. Even though Krystal is not from Star Fox Adventures but from Dinosaur Planet. I refuse to accept the inclusion of that game into the Star Fox franchise.

And this is not the place to place your advertisments, either.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
Afaik not. Even though Krystal is not from Star Fox Adventures but from Dinosaur Planet. I refuse to accept the inclusion of that game into the Star Fox franchise.

And this is not the place to place your advertisments, either.
ok...i hope everyone in this topic isn't like this...wtf?:confused:

i didn't include that to "advertise" i just thought as ppl interested in making chars u might be interested but if thats how u feel fine

and uh whether u like it or not Krystal IS part of the star fox franchise now, Star Fox Command & Star Fox Assault case in point...whats wrong w/ Star Fox Adventures anyways? it was made by Rare, one of the best game-making companies in the N64 days b4 Microsoft bought them

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
What's wtf about me? o.O

Anyway, the fact the game was made by Rare doesn't automatically mean it's good. Star Fox Adventures was a bad game. And it wasn't supposed to be part of the Star Fox franchise in the beginning, and was supposed to be for the N64. I refuse the existance of this very very bad game which was the beginning of Star Fox franchise's downfall, and so I refuse Krystal's existance, because she is a very very bad character and is, to me, not only a symbol for that said downfall of SF, but also a symbol for everything I do not want to see in a female addition to any character casts.

But yeah, everyone is gay for Bridget, and everyone a furry for Krystal. I wish she never was created. -.-"

Edit: Also, I DID check out your project, but I'm not liking fangamesmixing sprites out of several games too much, sorry.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Just because it's made by Rare doesn't mean it's-

IT'S- IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S GOOD.

And ever since they let out news of Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts...

They're about to kill a very promising franchise.

And Krystal is for the fur***g*ts who wouldn't shut up about having little female representation, A.K.A. ZOMG b00bZ.

So they give us a half-naked, background-less, unexplained character with- ZOMG b00bZ.

And she also HAPPENS to use a staff, which soon not ONLY NOT becomes her signature weapon, but also serves as the symbol of a very bad Gamecube/Star Fox Game.

And then she gains telekinesis in Star Fox: Assault, which is NEVER explained.

She's a Mary-Sue. A very unimportant ZOMG b00bZ character that could be scrapped for something SLIGHTLY more original.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And Krystal is for the fur***g*ts who wouldn't shut up about having little female representation
Hurr, how can someone be a f**g*t and still want to see bewbs? =O

Other than that, I agree with Smashbot... he summarized my words very well. ^^

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
alright differences aside and being brief to prevent flaming...
i can see where ur coming from, she is almost oversexualized? and i guess the telepathy stuff in Assault is a tad lame heh. but ur being too cynical...
and just b/c Adventures strays from the franchise's typical gameplay and its similar to Legend of Zelda doesn't make it bad or unoriginal if thats what ur beef is...it got an 82 on metacritic

anyway the only reason i brought her up is i just thought she could make an interesting char in brawl b/c of her staff and would be the next obvious choice from the franchise

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
and just b/c Adventures strays from the franchise's typical gameplay and its similar to Legend of Zelda doesn't make it bad or unoriginal if thats what ur beef is...it got an 82 on metacritic
It's not about the change of gameplay, it's just a freaking bad game. Also, we all know that video game magazines aren't right about everything.

As for Krystal: Yes. She is oversexualized, her telekinesis sucks, she has no background or whatsoever, and although she may be the obvious choice as 4th character for the Star Fox franchise, I DO hope they will take another character with a polearm over her, like Ephraim from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Or a few for the underrepresent but more important Nintendo franchises, namely Metroid and F-Zero.
Seriously, I would prefer a Ridley, a Noxus, a Pico and a Jody Summers over Krystal any day. Or go to franchises which haven't been added yet? Stafy, Isaac/Robin, Lip. The choices are so much, and Krystal is so unimportant, as well as Star Fox having already 3 characters... I guess Krystal would be one of the last characters I'd add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom