• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[[Hyper Viper Beam]]MWC Event in Ann Arbor, MI [[Nov. 7-8]]

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
So I should have to pick one character to beat another? That's pretty lame.

Then again you can say don't get grabbed, but we all know that's not very reasonable either. Chain-grabs are whatever but infinite grabs (like infinite Dedede on bowser) shouldn't be allowed... I mean that is if we're banning ledge-stalling we should ban something a little more unfair first; that's all I'm saying.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
"Don't get grabbed" sounds plenty reasonable against Ice Climbers.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I should have to pick one character to beat another? That's pretty lame.

Then again you can say don't get grabbed, but we all know that's not very reasonable either. Chain-grabs are whatever but infinite grabs (like infinite Dedede on bowser) shouldn't be allowed... I mean that is if we're banning ledge-stalling we should ban something a little more unfair first; that's all I'm saying.
DDD can't actually infinite Bowser without an infinite flat floor. He has to move forward slightly as it gets going.

Now if you had said DDD on DK, then there's a real infinite.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Vayseth: That's what I was referring to actually haha.
And Ankoku, no it doesn't. It doesn't at all, and you know it >.> If you approach them wrong even a single time your punishment = Grab -> death.
But I'll get over IC's because their CGs require some timing and at least a little thought haha.

Either way I was just throwing that out there, didn't mean to start an argument. Whatever is banned/not banned I'll still be at the tournament haha.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
After playing against Ice Climbers a LOT, I think it's very reasonable. It's not like they have much going for them besides "find a way to grab the opponent."

lain

Smash Master
oh and ledge-stalling is not banned. I was getting ahead of myself.

seriously it's cold as hell already.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I CAN'T BE COOOOLLLL
traaa leee cateyyy-neyy
I CAN'T BE COOOOLLL
ad ochi chiuuusiii
I CAN'T BE COOOOLLLL
sotto i resti di un sonno profondo
fotto di gueeerree in nome di diiiioooooooo

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I don't consider Yoshi's neutral enough to be part of a random set.... I mean, it's a lot of characters' worst stage, Pit included. I'm more than fine with it if there's stage strikes, but I don't like the idea of having to play on it first match with no advance warning to change characters just cause of bad luck. :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm all for it. Getting a CP first round at random is win. PS1 will destroy Bowser and DK and the like, Yoshi's Island will take out a pretty good portion of the cast, Battlefield will suck balls for D3.... but they're all awesome for MK! :D

Top Bottom