• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yay politics! I voted Obama! Obama won! Thus I won! :bee: Also gay rights for the win!

AND I'M SPENT

@Big Daddy & Little Sister: Since it's sort of fashionable, here are some of the quite nice things I had to say about that 'set when I reviewed it:

Chief Mendez the Magnificent said:
This a great, great moveset. The moves all make sense, and in some cases are even taken directly from the game of origin (BioShock), while other times the moves are awesome translations from the characters’ actions in that game to the realm of Smash Bros.. Very creative, at the least.
Chief Mendez the Malignant Tumor said:
A quite well-balanced fighter. The Big Daddy/Little Sister switching mechanic has potential to be abused, but there’s no reason for it to be changed, because as far as I’m concerned, it’s the heart and soul of this character.
Chief Mendez the Magnanimous said:
Fitting to Character: Umm…uh…that’s not fair to Kirby! (Nothing wrong here. I really struggled to find something noticably out of place, but simply could not. Awesome job.) 10/10
So yeah, awesome stuff. Give it a read, yo!!

EDIT -

@Light & Ryuk: Yay! More quotes!

Chief Mendez the Maleficent said:
One of the better anime-based movesets I’ve ever seen
Chief Mendez the Mercurial said:
“Light takes a potato chip…and eats it“. BEST TAUNT EVER.
Chief Mendez the Muppeteer said:
Because this moveset is very well made, and hardly deserves the score it’s getting.
For those wondering, the reason it got a lower score than it deserved is because with the way the character works, if Ryuk gets KO'd, Light's basically stuck with only half his moves. Which was honestly the only thing I didn't like about it.

Everything else was golden. Educate thineself, man!!

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Don't worry. I have a moveset I've been working on for over a month begging to be posted, but I'm saving it for mym 4. Yes, there will be one. As of now we're thinking it'll start late November.

Chunky has a impressive amount of moveset potential for basically being a clone of DK in terms of physical stature, I hope you'll make use of it. Why not take this time to further revise your moveset to make sure it's in top notch quality?

If you don't feel like doing that, you can take a look at some of the other movesets here while you wait. Take a look at all the advertisements littering the past few pages for some great movesets to take a look at.

Welcome to MYM.
Yeah, I've saved all that as Chunky Beta, I'm gonna fix it up, try in fit in some thing a little new but it's a work in progress. Thanks for the tips.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Hmm can u guys do rayman? I would like to see what yall come up with.
You should try it yourself. If you are new, then think of it as training. I havent seen anyone do him, but even if he was done, it might have been a long time ago, so you should do it. If someone makes one because you asked them, they may not do a good job, because the better movesets are the ones that you make for yourself. Just show us what you can do, and we can critique it to help better it.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
Lol, i wouldnt know where to start i know next to nothing about him(well not entirely true), but ill see what i can spit out. I figured he would be a character people would be intrigued to do.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Lol, i wouldnt know where to start i know next to nothing about him(well not entirely true), but ill see what i can spit out. I figured he would be a character people would be intrigued to do.
Well, he is. It's just that people try to do a character that is more obscure. But check out a few examples in people's links to get an idea.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
O i thought it meant wierd or something. Ya rayman is awesome, everyone should know him, i forgot alot of the crap he used to do cuz its been like 10 years since playing one of his games.... I do remeber his ability to fly with his helicopter head, that can be his upB.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
O i thought it meant wierd or something. Ya rayman is awesome, everyone should know him, i forgot alot of the crap he used to do cuz its been like 10 years since playing one of his games.... I do remeber his ability to fly with his helicopter head, that can be his upB.
Rayman can shoot ricochet energy balls, wind up his fist and launch it forward, can use his hair to propel, and is good at riding on a plum. :laugh:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Toku & Enril by Eternal Smasher

Toku & Enril by Eternal Smasher

Like no other moveset in the contest, Eternal Smasher's magnum opus (sort of) got me to actually buy the game. Yes, I was so amazed by how cool this all was, that I dropped 1000 Wii Points to download LostWinds. And you know? I wasn't disappointed. Toku and his friend, the wind spirit Enril, are probably among the most unique fighters you're likely to read a fictional Smash Bros. moveset on today. Or this week. Or ever.

The whole foundation of the characters is the neat little "wind push" effect used sparingly in Brawl (Pit's Angel Ring and Wings of Icarus, for example), and taking it to new heights. Almost all of Toku's attacks use Enril's wind powers to push, pull, or otherwise manipulate his opponents. Victory here is totally reliant on nothing more than brainpower and skill, as Toku utterly lacks the tools to defeat his foes in any sort of traditional manner.

The author is one of the most unknown move makers here, which is a shame since he's/she's also one of the best. Everything from the descriptions, to the organization (it's worth a look even if just for the really fresh appearance), to the extras just exudes awesome. You can really tell ES loves LostWinds, and really, isn't that what this contest is all about?

Go read Toku & Enril. Please.

THAT IS ALL

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Mendez's ad needs more quotes. I reviewed it, you reviewed it. Quote it up. I demand it.

That said, check out that moveset. Although I do think he does overuse the wind a bit. . .
1. Quotes schmotes. I'm too lazy for that There's nothing better than a few original paragraphs full of nothing but praise to raise interest. Nothing I tell you!

2. Well, if you played the game, you'd realize that, like Gryphon said, that's really all he has. Toku's really like, a 6 or 7 year-old kid, who does nothing but run, climb, and occasionally hold something for a few seconds. Otherwise Enril does everything else with her wind powers. So if you look at it that way, the 'set's even better, since it's so fully-rounded, and only had a scant few abilities to pull ideas from. :chuckle:

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
1. Quotes schmotes. I'm too lazy for that There's nothing better than a few original paragraphs full of nothing but praise to raise interest. Nothing I tell you!

2. Well, if you played the game, you'd realize that, like Gryphon said, that's really all he has. Toku's really like, a 6 or 7 year-old kid, who does nothing but run, climb, and occasionally hold something for a few seconds. Otherwise Enril does everything else with her wind powers. So if you look at it that way, the 'set's even better, since it's so fully-rounded, and only had a scant few abilities to pull ideas from. :chuckle:
Yeah. Since wind is his specialty, the only thing a movesetter can do is just make several forms with the wind, such as blowing up sand or leaves, or creating a spherical blast of wind that collects items and what not. It is all about the forming, so having a wind attack here and there shouldnt pose a real issue.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
*sigh* Am I the only person here happy that Obama won?

But I'm more shocked that some of you guys wanted Huckabee. Huckabee? I really would have moved to Canada if that bible-thumping hick got elected.
Ah, I'm pretty sure/hopeful that you just missed the political "debate". There's probably definitely somewhere on SWF you can go to talk about that, but at least let's try and steer clear of the blatant insults.

...For the record though, my vote went to the victor, so I'm happy as a clam right now. :bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I voted for Obama.

I am also glad that I have no idea what went on in the past few pages, except that MasterWarlord must have posted something very controversial about Obama.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Oh, LOL. I think my brother wrote a John Mcain move set somewhere (on paper, not on this thread), and it involved him saying "friends" all the time with Joe the Plumber as an AT. :laugh:

But I'll stop here, I don't want this to turn into "make your vote 3.0"

edit: So voting starts friday, correct?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Whoa, good to see that all of these fantastic movesets are being advertised...Big Daddy/Little Sister especially was great, as expected from KoJ. But pretty much every single set mentioned in the last few pages was great in its own right. YAY TOKU!

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****. 565 pages. When I left this site because of school and soccer it was at like 300...

WHERE THE HELL HAVE I BEEN??!?!?!?!

Hello everyone again... I'm not gonna rave through these ridiculously long pages, but if you give me links to your movesets I'd be glad to hop right back in and enjoy this thread like I did a couple months ago.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

But I'm more shocked that some of you guys wanted Huckabee. Huckabee? I really would have moved to Canada if that bible-thumping hick got elected.
I'm not unhappy because of Obama, I was just contributing an idea to the moveset.

I believe that both candidates had good views. I am pleased that Obama got into office, actually. However, I remember some sore-loser Republican in my class today mouthing off about how 'Obama won because of fraud voters' I mean, I fully respect both parties, but I must say that those kind of idiotic accusations are uncalled for. That is all.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman

Oh and no, you're not alone.

Obama = Epic win

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
SKULL KID

though I really didn't care for the Skull Kid in TP, that is one righteous moveset. Or rather, that's one awesome Side Special. But...you said the puppet has it's own FS, right? Cuz' I didn't see it up there...
O.O Skull Kid is downright amazing. That'll win fer sher.

*gingerly lifts jaw off floor*
@majora_787: That skull kid moveset is great. I really like the puppet idea. The colors also make it very easy on the eyes.
Yeah, majora787's Skull Kid! This is an exceptionally fun moveset to read. majora somehow managed to make a functioning character out of Skull Kid's cameo in TP, and it not only worked, it worked resoundingly well. As Mendez says, look out for the Side Special in particular, it's a very fun move that fits this jollly little piper to a T.

Go read it! Now!

EDIT: Ah, mantlecore77. Good to have you back with us. May I just say that Rand is an awesome moveset?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Speaking of mantlecore, I'm pretty sure your Peter Griffin moveset was advertised by...TWILTHERO (maybe) a good ten or so pages back. So, even though you were not with us, some still held thee in their thoughts. :bee:

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Ah, mantlecore77. Good to have you back with us. May I just say that Rand is an awesome moveset?
Why thank you! It feels good to be back, even if it's just for now...
And thanks again, ha, I take great pride in that moveset...

Speaking of mantlecore, I'm pretty sure your Peter Griffin moveset was advertised by...TWILTHERO (maybe) a good ten or so pages back. So, even though you were not with us, some still held thee in their thoughts. :bee:
Hm, really? Wow. I am so loved :D
Heh heh...

So uh yeah I think I want to enter another moveset.
Anybody up for this guy?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
There used to be a review here, but it's a semi-advertisement and I want to save it for a fresh page instead of having it forgotten.

So, to fill up space until the page is bumped, you're welcome, mantlecore.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Why would you not be able to post them, half_silver? I hope it's not because of my review. And thanks for the bump, MarthTrinity.

///ENKER\\\

Okay, Hyper_Ridley's forgotten moveset comes into the light at last! Before I actually begin the review, let me say this: this moveset is ****ing awesome, and undeservedly forgotten. It doesn't have all the detail of his Bass, but definitely shows off one of the most unique mechanics in the thread. Definitely.

///RELEVANCE TO CHARACTER\\\
Counter typing, Mirror Buster, a variety of javelin attacks, lightning... Enker to a degree. Nothing is even slightly out of place. Your knowledge of the Megaman series shines through, Hyper_Ridley. 9/10

///DETAIL\\\
This is the only regard (if you ask me) in which this moveset is below some of your others. I mean, there's more than enough to detail to envisage and understand the majority of attacks, but you can't deny that Bass has way more. I mean, you still do well in this department, but the occasional two-sentence attack pulls you down ever so slightly. 7/10

///BALANCE\\\
Now, counter-typing aside, Enker appears to have a good balance of strengths and weaknesses, with nothing unduly standing out. Actually, he may even be underpowered; his Smashes are very low-key. WITH counter-typing, the learning curve involved with him and the mindgames necessary to get somewhere make him underpowered in the hands of all but the most extreme players. Those extreme players, though, could make him a beast. And that's great. A character that's weak unless you truly master him - that's what you call fair. 8/10

///ORIGINALITY\\\
Don't get me started. The counter-typing mechanic is so unbelievably unique, the rest of the moveset hardly matters. Although it's good, too. Javelin attacks are quite different from most weapon-based moves - much more interesting - and the mechanic itself keeps even the blandest attacks - though there aren't really any bland ones - incredibly fresh. Now, the specials themselves aren't quite as interesting as the rest of the set to me, but that's a minor caveat. 8/10

///PLAYSTYLE\\\
YES. This is how it's done! The counter typing mechanic, for a start, makes him a character who's all about reading the foe and cleverly luring them into using the appropriate attack. Enker's likely to want to spam certain moves against certain foes. And as if the unique style itself isn't enough, you make it even easier for me by having a massive playstyle section! THIS is how it's done. 10/10

///ORGANIZATION\\\
Hmmm, I find that you don't really have enough colour or BBCode. I'd also prefer a cleaner style of introducing attacks than just putting them in quotations. However, you have a separate colour for the counter typing properties, headers that stand out, and a decent layout in general. 7/10

///EXTRAS\\\
Oooh, SSE role. You've got more than enough to warrant a couple of extra points. +2

///OVERALL\\\
You know, this mechanic is just so good, it makes me really wish I could play with Enker, and master him. The attacks remain consistently fresh and the character himself is fantastic. With a slight clean-up in layout and some extra detail on most attacks, this could actually be a top contender. I loved reading it and will very likely be voting for it, myself. My favourite of your sets, Hyper_Ridley.

51/60

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Huh, that's weird. I always thought Enker was a pretty solid entry, but that the mechanic was simply too deep for a 4-player fighting game. Seriously, trying to predict which move an opponent's going to use is hard enough already, but factor in Type Trumping, and you have a character that I'd imagine would ONLY do well amongst the most hardcore of the hardcore, i.e. the people who memorize which attacks for every character are which type.

But hey, to each his own, I guess.

@half silver: POST THE RESULTS, FOR I CRAVE CLOSURE

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I suppose so, Mendez, especially in free-for-alls, but it certainly adds a steep learning curve that would be oh-so-fun to attempt to pass through. And it would be worth it for those oh-my-god moments where you just slaughtered a thunder-spamming Pikachu. And in originality, you have to admit that it's hard to beat the concept itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom