• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'm sorry I haven't been here lately, I've been very busy and haven't found time to do anything. Hopefully I can be more active and perform better in MYM4 than I did here.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
You're welcome. I would have advertised Sagi, but who doesn't know about his moveset?
Bah!!

But Cervantes and just recently the headless Horseman was advertised, and EVERYONE knows about them, LOL.

Down B- Mend
Mist raises her staff up and starts rotating her arm, moving the staff in the air. While she does this, a "rain" of blue light rains down onto Mist and an area around her. Anyone in this area, including Mist, her allies, and her enemies is healed for 1% damage per second while they are in the healing zone. To maintain this, you must hold B. Once you release B, Mist will stop using this. Use this move wisely, because it has a 20 second recharge (after you end it ofc).
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Other Properties-
20 second recharge.
Seems kinda cheap for both you and the opponent. Half the time, Mist doesn't really need to worry about getting damage since she can just heal herself. And the other half, her opponent can just stand right next to her until there health is brought all the way back. It's a neat move, but shouldn't there be some sort of end to it rather than just letting go of the button? Yes there is a 20 second recharge, but what good is that when you can just hold it forever?

Anyway, Mist looks good so far. Really nice.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Bah!!

But Cervantes and just recently the headless Horseman was advertised, and EVERYONE knows about them, LOL.

Seems kinda cheap for both you and the opponent. Half the time, Mist doesn't really need to worry about getting damage since she can just heal herself. And the other half, her opponent can just stand right next to her until there health is brought all the way back. It's a neat move, but shouldn't there be some sort of end to it rather than just letting go of the button? Yes there is a 20 second recharge, but what good is that when you can just hold it forever?

Anyway, Mist looks good so far. Really nice.
You can just ATTACK Mist and cancel her healing.... lol. The 20 second recharge occurs after the move is ended.

Though I guess it could use an auto-end (probably 10 seconds).

And whats the point of advertising a famous moveset?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
And whats the point of advertising a famous moveset?
To make it even MORE famous. :bee:

And my Sagi moveset ain't famous. If you check the responses on page 299 (aka, the location of Sagi's moveset), i only got one piece of feedback =/ (excluding reviews and postings in the social group).

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
To make it even MORE famous. :bee:

And my Sagi moveset ain't famous. If you check the responses on page 299 (aka, the location of Sagi's moveset), i only got one piece of feedback =/ (excluding reviews and postings in the social group).
Ah, yes, but Sagi has been critically acclaimed by most (if not all) of the COMMIES, including myself, and you have repeated called it your best moveset, even making your avatar Sagi at one point.

Not to mention Sagi's appearance in my SSE and your SSE.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Ah, yes, but Sagi has been critically acclaimed by most (if not all) of the COMMIES, including myself, and you have repeated called it your best moveset, even making your avatar Sagi at one point.
Only me though. Some other people think that Leonardo's better in my movesets.....which reminds me.....i forgot to get Warlord's review opinion on it. *facepalm* Whatever,,,

Btw K.Rool, am i allowed to try to improve my Sagi score for ur reviews?

I changed the organization, and made will power more useful by letting you stay in ur level longer and even if u lose a stock, the level won't decrease and the counter will reset.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Lol.... Well you don't really need to try. I mean Headless Horseman was gold. Great moveset, perfect release date. Win plain and simple.
Well, thanks, Chris. I guess it WAS kind of unnecessary, but I figured, since the topic changed pretty quickly, there might be some people who didn't even know it was posted. Or maybe not. Anyway, I've advertised a few of other people's movesets, and figured I'd cap it off with mine... just in case.

On another note, voting begins... tomorrow? I'd assume Saturday, but Mendez mentioned that it might be beginning tomorrow, so... ?

TWILTHERO: Hmm, well, I still have two movesets on my queue, but... at a glance, if I were to re-review it now, you'd get an extra 2 points in balance, and an extra point for organization. So you'd have a 50/60, I believe. Which is good - the third-best score I've given, I think, after Cervantes and Naota (tied) and Enker. And tied with Plusle and Minun.

Say, do you people like the scoring or would rather I take it out altogether? I'm 95% in favour of taking them out for MYM 4, but figured I'd ask around a bit.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Lol.... and here I am with my relatively unknown movesets... 7 of which Mendez forgot/didn't know even existed!

I'm not going to advertise myself, but it would be nice if someone else advertised for me. :)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Now, we can't have that. And I still can't believe Mendez forgot all your other movesets. Aside from the below, I really liked A****aka (*&%$ these filters) and San. You captured their character well. Anyway, on to this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5287088&postcount=2820

Here you are, Chris. Sadly, I couldn't find any quotes here, but I really liked the ideas in this moveset. I always like your layout and the simple way you present your attacks - very easy to understand - but it really helps here, making this multi-character both easy to read through and easy to digest, despite how much there is to go through.

Each character has his or her own "Passive Ability" and unique playstyle. A variety of weapons are represented here. This has been my favourite of Chris Lionheart's sets for a while, and deserves more recognition than it's been getting. For a set with good ideas that's easy to understand and feels like it would fit perfectly into the game, look no further.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I'm not going to advertise myself, but it would be nice if someone else advertised for me. :)
YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST ASKED.

Pelleas By Chris Lionheart

TWILTHERO said:
@Pelleas: really creative work on him. I didn't think Dark sages could work, but guess i'm wrong. Excellent job
KingK.Rool said:
I like the Pelleas moveset. Nice detail and good description.

A Dark Sage moveset from the Fire Emblem universe. From the first time i read it, it was already good. Now with colors and a different standard attack (which i believe was BEFORE a dark flame punch....i think.....) and pretty much all of Pelleas attacks are magic based makes it a great moveset. It's not ZOMG, TOTALLY DETAILED FROM ATTACK TO ATTACK, but its fairly detailed and fun to read.....at least for me.

Read it darn you.

THAT IS ALl.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Now, we can't have that. And I still can't believe Mendez forgot all your other movesets. Aside from the below, I really liked A****aka (*&%$ these filters) and San. You captured their character well. Anyway, on to this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5287088&postcount=2820

Here you are, Chris. Sadly, I couldn't find any quotes here, but I really liked the ideas in this moveset. I always like your layout and the simple way you present your attacks - very easy to understand - but it really helps here, making this multi-character both easy to read through and easy to digest, despite how much there is to go through.

Each character has his or her own "Passive Ability" and unique playstyle. A variety of weapons are represented here. This has been my favourite of Chris Lionheart's sets for a while, and deserves more recognition than it's been getting. For a set with good ideas that's easy to understand and feels like it would fit perfectly into the game, look no further.
Lol thanks. I really didn't feel like they were that great, especially not on an individual basis. But that moveset did (as you'ld probably expect) take the longest to make out of all of them.

And thanks TWIL. Pelleas is awesome... to bad I didn't give him as much credit as he deserves, but just like Mia, thats just about impossible. Nice usage of the 3 Days Grace song XD.... so true to me...

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
ASHENCROFThttp://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5293132&postcount=2875http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5293132&postcount=2875

(Note: Ashencroft is more bad *** then this visual representation of him)

Detail Nazi's Review said:
Detail: The specials and the smash attacks are pretty well done. Another welcome addition that puts this moveset a cut above the rest is the play style section and the pros/cons list, helping me to better envision the character in Smash.
MasterWarlord's Review said:
Relevance to Character: The attacks seem rather fitting for a demon overlord. The implementation of fire attacks make him more then just another Ganondorf, and demons generally aren’t gut wrenchingly slow, which you thankfully didn’t make him.
Extras: All the extra fluff helps to make the moveset more complete, there’s no shortage in quantity of extras here.
Overall: Demon overlords ftw!
(If the final quote doesn't get you, nothing will.)

I tried to find other comments, but there was nothing there. . .Ashencroft and Daisy drowned out to talks about Nightmare, detail, and mym 2.0's low moveset quality.

This is one of Chris' finer movesets, and it's only fitting, a demon overlord would be apalled if the quality wern't it's finest. Chris manages to make another hefty sword user unique by implementing some demon traits. The final smash is a highlight of this character, it helps his character show quite well and makes him feel complete.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Lol thanks. I really didn't feel like they were that great, especially not on an individual basis.
Well, I did. So there. :p Really, the different weapons involved combined with LotR stuff like Ent roots makes it an awesome moveset.

Anyway, I'm off to sleep now.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Man... I don't like that picture either, but it was the best I could do without ripping off FE's black knight or some **** like that.

If I had a scanner printer, I could use one of my drawings... it would be great.

Thanks MW.... but now I feel guilty, so I'm going to advertise one of your movesets.

Nightmare

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5291808&postcount=2862

With monstrous detail and an accurate depiction of the character, Nightmare reveals his true darkness.

Easily one of the best movesets in this contest, Nightmare will be forever written in the history books of MYM.

Check it out NOW or you will know true darkness!

Powers Kirby

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5512383&postcount=5732

Sakurai's precious creation is put to shame by King K. Rool in this fine moveset. Many of the powers from the Kirby Universe are well implemented in this moveset.

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
According to relativity, I'm where ever I want to
Man, you guys are still doing this? I remember back in the day when it was some quirky little thread that few people paid attention to. Also, what happened to the culture? Where are all the historical figures, characters of classic literature, and badasses of old? Not criticizing or anything, but making movesets for those kinds of people was my favorite part of the thread. Still, the ones here are excellent and well made. So many beat the crap out of my amateurish attempts. ):

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Man, you guys are still doing this? I remember back in the day when it was some quirky little thread that few people paid attention to. Also, what happened to the culture? Where are all the historical figures, characters of classic literature, and badasses of old? Not criticizing or anything, but making movesets for those kinds of people was my favorite part of the thread. Still, the ones here are excellent and well made. So many beat the crap out of my amateurish attempts. ):
I'm guessing that you have been absent since MYM 1.0?

Well, I hope you stay to enjoy the new MYM. We may not focus on historical figures anymore, but you are welcome to make movesets of them, after all, anything is possible here.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
So many awesome movesets being advertised. There's no way I'll ever be able to pick and choose votes... :ohwell:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Thanks, but isn't this thread almost over already?
And I think I expended most of my ideas on the first one.
Ah well; where there's a will, there's a moveset to be made!
This thread is almost over, but MYM 4.0 should start near the end of this month.

And there are always ideas, you just have to think. Hell you can even invent a character.

@SirKibble
And thats why I consider the 10 vote system of this MYM inferior to the 50 votes of the previous ones.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
This thread is almost over, but MYM 4.0 should start near the end of this month.

And there are always ideas, you just have to think. Hell you can even invent a character.

@SirKibble
And thats why I consider the 10 vote system of this MYM inferior to the 50 votes of the previous ones.
:eek: wth??? how are any movesets that aren't made by mendez, warlord or K.Rool EVEN GOING TO GET VOTES??

seriously, we need to expand to 50... that is if we're not already planning to do so :psycho:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@twilthero

As an explanation: Those "tiers" actually state on whom I think has come out best (Top), good (High) and oh well, better luck next time (Mid).

Top Tier:

High Tier:

Mid Tier:

Akiak

Smash Ace
I can't wait to post my Stickman moveset in MYM 4! :chuckle:

Oh yeah and Spadefox? I thought I'd read the Sandbag moveset just for fun and its just bad.

Since when do Sandbags spit fire or hold wepons with their "hands". I would've gone with whatever he can really do which is ramming, whamming, bumping, pushing etc.

But I like Shadows (although I would've used his motorbike for side-B) and i love Chaos.

Got an awesome new sig with my MYMs!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh yeah and Spadefox? I thought I'd read the Sandbag moveset just for fun and its just bad.

Since when do Sandbags spit fire or hold wepons with their "hands". I would've gone with whatever he can really do which is ramming, whamming, bumping, pushing etc.

But I like Shadows (although I would've used his motorbike for side-B) and i love Chaos.
It was intended to be something different than bumping and what such a sandbag who came to life would be able to do. If you would've read the introduction, you maybe would've understood what I wanted him to be like. Never intended to say his good, anyway, tho.

Thanks for the praise, though, but Shadow doesn't use the bike so much that it would make a good move - besides it would be really a Wario rip-off (unlike Guntz' which is kinda different, since it's a hoverbike equipped with a gun). And glad you like Chaos.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
On another note, voting begins... tomorrow? I'd assume Saturday, but Mendez mentioned that it might be beginning tomorrow, so...?
I don't know really, that was just an educated guess (this advertising period ends on the 7th, according to 'Blitzkrieg, so one would logically assume that we'd start voting today or tomorrow).

We'll just have to wait til' someone gets word from 'Blitzkrieg, I suppose. :chuckle:

I don't remember deciding how many votes we'd have for this contest... [/QUOTE]I don't recall this ever being set in stone either, so as far as I know it's still 50 (if that's what it was in MYM2).

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
DRIZZT

RELEVANCE TO CHARACTER: All looks to fit here, more or less. Although I think Drizzt should be a bit more stolid and well-rounded and less speedy and multi-hit-based. Also, Up B doesn't really fit him, as you say yourself. 7/10

DETAIL: Although attack descriptions are brief, you have a lot in the way of attack properties, when to use them, and interesting tidbits. And all of this in one or two lines. However, all of this stuff is short individually, and could really use some elaboration. 7/10

ORIGINALITY: Mendez was right on the button here. The Specials are very interesting - especially the Side Special - but many of the A Attacks somewhat resemble Pit's in their dual-sworded multi-hitting way. I know the character lends himself to it, but it's still a weakness. 6/10

BALANCE: Nothing jumps out at me. A bit smaller than Luigi's Negative Zone is still pretty huge, but the attack doesn't seem broken, due to how long it lasts and how long you have to wait to use it again. Pit isn't overpowered, and Drizzt seems like a slightly weaker Pit. 8/10

PLAYSTYLE: The playstyle of the hunter. This is really reinforced by the knife-like scimitars, the fantastic Forward Special, and his hit-and-run playstyle, which you outlined quite nicely. It may tread on Pit's toes a bit too much, but you still did well over here. 7/10

ORGANIZATION: I don't like it, to be honest. A bunch of mismatched colours following each other and making the whole moveset an eyesore; absolutely no BBCode; little to indicate the start of attacks; you even switched styles a few times throughout. 4/10

EXTRAS: Well, you have AT, Stage, and just about everything that most movesets include, if they include anything. Good job. +2

OVERALL: Drizzt suffers from two major problems; a playstyle that resembles Pit's a bit too much, and that nasty layout that just makes it that much harder to go through. Outside of that, a neat little moveset. Not a top contender, but fun enough to read through.

41/60

After this, only Metal Knuckles remains, and then I'm done with all the reviewing for this contest.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ah, sh*t! I've still got a bunch of 'sets to advertise, and my time's almost up...

Hm.

Well, since Spade brought it up, here's a nice author-specific dual-ad!

Gilius Thunderhead by Spadefox

Spadefox doesn't get enough credit. When most people look at that massive list of other movesets the guy links to at the top of each new moveset, they usually think "eh, quantity over quality". Which might be true, to a certain extent. But it's not a definite rule, and these two movesets, two of my favorite in the contest, prove so.

I'd reckon most people who are reading these words right now don't know who Gilius is. In short: he's the dwarf from Golden Axe. In long: he's the awesome, kick-ass dwarf from Golden Axe. This is (at least to me), the near-epitome of a perfectly-done moveset for a retro character that lots of people are unaware of (Zoop Triangle takes the cake though, in case anyone was wondering). Golden Axe is an incredibly dull, super-generic and really not very good game, in reality. That doesn't stop it from being one of the Genesis' most venerated games, and a personal fave of many an old-school gamer.

And somehow, beyond any expectations I might've had, the author pulls several rabbits out of his storied hat, and makes it work. And work very well.

THAT IS ALL

Next is Lip, infamous for being loli being referenced nearly to death in Smash Bros., and yet never once seeing an English release in a proper Panel de Pon game. To me especially, this 'set is so awesome because I've talked a lot about wanting to actually see this character in a Smash Bros. game, and yet until I read this...I really had no idea how it'd work.

But now I do! If you can picture a character who revolves around falling blocks (bet'cha can't!), then you'll have a good approximation of how awesome Lip is. Sure, this is a relatively early moveset, and some of Spade's later works outclass it (Kovomoka Students in particular)...but it will forever hold a special place in my heart.

So for that, Spadefox has my gratitude.

Do yourself, and the justice of this thread a favor and follow these links.

THAT IS ALL

Lip by Spadefox

Lip by Spadefox

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
The amount of votes allowed has always been 50 in the previous MYMs. Besides, MYM2 had a total amount of 200 odd pages altogether, and this MYM has almost 600 pages, so I think the votes we are allowed should stay the same.

My Metal Knuckles review is next, great, and it's also the last review for KingK.Rool to do.

(must do Dr. Robotniks Down-tilt: Clamer Shooter now, then I've finished my tilts then)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

Spadefox doesn't get enough credit. When most people look at that massive list of other movesets the guy links to at the top of each new moveset, they usually think "eh, quantity over quality". Which might be true, to a certain extent. But it's not a definite rule, and these two movesets, two of my favorite in the contest, prove so.

I'd reckon most people who are reading these words right now don't know who Gilius is. In short: he's the dwarf from Golden Axe. In long: he's the awesome, kick-ass dwarf from Golden Axe. This is (at least to me), the near-epitome of a perfectly-done moveset for a retro character that lots of people are unaware of (Zoop Triangle takes the cake though, in case anyone was wondering). Golden Axe is an incredibly dull, super-generic and really not very good game, in reality. That doesn't stop it from being one of the Genesis' most venerated games, and a personal fave of many an old-school gamer.

And somehow, beyond any expectations I might've had, the author pulls several rabbits out of his storied hat, and makes it work. And work very well.

THAT IS ALL

Next is Lip, infamous for being loli being referenced nearly to death in Smash Bros., and yet never once seeing an English release in a proper Panel de Pon game. To me especially, this 'set is so awesome because I've talked a lot about wanting to actually see this character in a Smash Bros. game, and yet until I read this...I really had no idea how it'd work.

But now I do! If you can picture a character who revolves around falling blocks (bet'cha can't!), then you'll have a good approximation of how awesome Lip is. Sure, this is a relatively early moveset, and some of Spade's later works outclass it (Kovomoka Students in particular)...but it will forever hold a special place in my heart.

So for that, Spadefox has my gratitude.

Do yourself, and the justice of this thread a favor and follow these links.

THAT IS ALL

Lip by Spadefox

Lip by Spadefox
Ah man. Whoops. I accidentally hit the quote button, and before I could go back, my butter-fingers slipped onto the Submit Reply button. This has NOTHING to do with keeping this on a new page, trust me.

My bad! :chuckle:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I so remember Whispy's moveset! Good times, good times. I love that tree. And Kirby's Friends, too.

[/KirbyFanatic]

Also a huge fan of Spade's Lip moveset. I also recommend checking that one out. To think it's first version went so overlooked in MYM2, it's a shame...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

Cut Man's not nearly as cool as Quick Man, but I'll let that slide. Just this once though. Anyway: I mentioned above that Gilius Thunderhead by Spadefox is the "near-epitome of a perfectly-done moveset for a retro character that lots of people are unaware of" for myself...but what's neat is that if you cut out the "that lots of people are unaware of", Cut Man suddenly jumps to the top of that particular category. In other words, I feel SirKibble's creation is the best "retro" moveset in this contest.

But maybe that's just me? You'll have to see for yourself, I reckon. Considering the only things Cut Man can do are A) cut and B) jump, I also reckon you'll be shocked at how much mileage the author wrings out of the guy. And hey, everybody likes Mega Man characters, right?

Right. Read it--it's short and sweet (my favorite!).

THAT IS ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom