• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
He was on vacation over the holidays and such. He's back, but hasn't posted yet, I guess he tries to catch up with those over 9000 ~150-200 pages which happened while he was gone.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
He was on vacation over the holidays and such. He's back, but hasn't posted yet, I guess he tries to catch up with those over 9000 ~150-200 pages which happened while he was gone.
okay then. i just saw that i'm only 16 posts (15 now) behind him in the post count. if i can post, i will. i will go over 225 posts before mendez posts again!

also, OO is coming along nicely, with plenty of detail on every move. the wo mechanics i have made balanced nicely.

Smady

Smash Master
Where is this chat?

Piccolo looks awesome for a newcomer moveset... really, great detail all considered. I love how you incorporated his moves from the series.

Smady

Smash Master
That's quite cool. When I try to register, it says that I have a 'bad user ID' for whatever reason, so I guess I won't be able to join.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Yea Spade it was supreme, and if you used animated footage yours would have destroyed mines. I cant wait until other people do it. This is pretty fun to share.

Smady

Smash Master
Indeed, these YouTube videos are awesome.

I was able to register just now, so I'll be able to join the chat.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Ok, who wants characters in my joke BBQ?

WARNING:
If you say one, they may be turned into random fruits, eaten, or farted upon by Wario in the course of the BBQ.

Already included: Maria Renard, Kefka, Dimentio, Chef Kawasaki (main antagonist), and Tails Doll.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Kawasaki is the main antagonist? Sweet! I'll be sure to follow that...

By the way, Baloo, are you absolutely sure you're gonna be making Darkrai later in the contest? I'd very much like to include him in my BBQ...

Baloo

Smash Ace
Yes, him and the evil Queen What.

And I'm absolutely sure, after the Bubble Dragons and Mii, I will do Darkrai, then Mimi. The others are just ideas.

EDIT: I'm making a video for it too, with the music the Falcon Pawn song.

pawn, pawn, falcon pawn. pika pika, pk fire!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Tails Doll is included ay? I see that alot of my characters have entered many SMs.

Tolerance at the limit with all previous parts are in a post linked from my sig! to tell you all

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
The best program for a BBQ trailer is Sony Vegas 8.0. Not too sure about Premiere. But when using downloaded youtube vids, there is bound to be low quality due to multiple conversions. Your best bet is getting a direct video file, though that can be rough to find depending on what you seek.

Baloo

Smash Ace
It's a joke BBQ. The video is also a joke thing. It's supposed to be low quality.

Also, it's just pictures. It's supposed to look bad. It has spelling mistakes, badly resized pictures, bad grammar (to a very small extent) and what not.

Anyway, I'll be needing a new page.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
@Phatcat203: Hmm, several projectiles, ability to summon most of the good throwing items, two chaingrabs, a final smash that lasts longer than your typical time match and lets Smash Balls appear during it, an even more powerful final smash after that...On the other hand, very detailed, numbers, playstyle, probably very true to character (Never watched more than one episode of DBZ)...6.5/10 on Piccolo

In other news, check out this webcomic: http://www.drmcninja.com/archive.html

Baloo

Smash Ace
Two things.

1.) The picture of Crazy Hand is epic.
2.) The end is epic.

That is all.
The end is indeed epic, as is the crazy hand. What about the half eaten goomba?

And what was epic about the end, the picture, the quote, or both.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Ok, who wants characters in my joke BBQ?

WARNING:
If you say one, they may be turned into random fruits, eaten, or farted upon by Wario in the course of the BBQ.

Already included: Maria Renard, Kefka, Dimentio, Chef Kawasaki (main antagonist), and Tails Doll.
Can Peter Pan be in it? I think Alucard and Fiona are too...serious to be in a joke BBQ.

EDIT: Little Red Riding Hood can be in it too...that is, if I get around to finishing her. O_o

Baloo

Smash Ace
Ok, what about Maria? Should I replace her with Peter Pan?

EDit: ok, she can too.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The end is indeed epic, as is the crazy hand. What about the half eaten goomba?

And what was epic about the end, the picture, the quote, or both.
The half eaten Goomba was okay, but a little odd D:

Mainly the quote.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
curse miami & their free internetz-lacking hotels!!!

anyhow I'm back now & ready to work on stuff aga- I HAVE TO PLAY TOS: DAWN OF THE NEW WORLD :bee:

... but really, I'll try to get spyro's boss up as soon as possible; I already compiled all the attacks he'll be using so I just need to write them in ~ then I'll continue work on midna. now to comment on random stuff!

Umm, guys? I did a bad thing.

...I started an SSE.

Blame Spadefox! I was reading his, and then I started thinking about all the possibilities, and one thing led to another...

THE TWELVE

Horribly original title, I know. The prologue is very dark and very simple, with only one playable character. That's not going to be the whole thing, just so you know; it's just the Prologue, it's meant to be succinct.

WHAT HAVE I DONE I FEEL SO DIRTY
HOLY CR- ... that was freaking awesome... until the last scene :ohwell:

As I have been challenged by Smash Daddy to make Haar's moveset in 3 hours, so here it is.

Starting Time 8:30
Finishing Time: 11: 22
Results: Success

Haar

I'd be more comfortable with a 3 DAY challenge... :laugh: ~ anyhow I really like this moveset & how haar has little in common with his sword wielding FE counterparts. I keep thinking more & more that I should play some FE games

The shinigami Kuchiki Rukia has joined the Brawl!
nuuuuuuuuuu my contingency plan has been discovered!!! *kills self*

actually she was just my backup moveset plan if I hit a snag with my 3rd set, but I guess she'd be different enough from yours. pretty good moveset btw, but I think most of ur moves (especially specials) could use a bit more detail

@Kibble:

I hate those Guns'n'Roses references and will never forgive Capcom of America for that.

Duff McWhalen is Tidal Makkoeen
Axle the Red is Spike Rosered
Dark Dizzy is Dark Necrobat
Guns'n'Roses are awesome. that being said, dark necrobat is a cooler name that dark dizzy :psycho:

The Girls of the SOS Brigade have joined the Brawl, and there's NOTHING you can do about it!!!
... I'm speechless ~ this set is truly awesome & is probably getting a super vote from me. I love the attacks & the unique mood mechanic. my only complaint is how long it takes to switch moods, seeing as how much more powerful they are when they are out of neutral mood. wouldn't it be good to make the required amount of moves to switch moods 5 or 6 instead of 10? just a thought

CHAPTER 8 OF The 13th Hour HAS BEEN SUBMITTED!

Enjoy.

People who could be interested:
- SirKibble
- KingK.Rool
- MasterWarlord
- Hyper_Ridley
- agidius
- Kirby nuts in general
- half_silver28
- BKupa666
- NOT Spadefox as he has no moveset in this chapter :bee:
I just can't help but complain about spyro's limited characterization. his 'rawr' to thank mr. shine & bright for helping him seems a bit weird to me; he could say a generic 'thanks' or something like that, or just give a thanking gesture. As for going basically unmentioned after that... I have to guess ur not too familiar with the character. I just gave a little info on his character in the moveset, but I think that would be enough to get something out of.

Baloo

Smash Ace
The half eaten Goomba was okay, but a little odd D:

Mainly the quote.
The quote is from the movie What's Up Doc, a very funny movie.

And the goomba will be a playable character in my BBQ. I might even make him a moveset.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I just can't help but complain about spyro's limited characterization. his 'rawr' to thank mr. shine & bright for helping him seems a bit weird to me; he could say a generic 'thanks' or something like that, or just give a thanking gesture. As for going basically unmentioned after that... I have to guess ur not too familiar with the character. I just gave a little info on his character in the moveset, but I think that would be enough to get something out of.
I didn't remember that Spyro was able to talk. o.o"

And no, I don't know the character too well, I haven't played the game in ages (it was the first one), and I forgot most of it (such like that fact that Spyro can talk). Besides, though, NOONE talks in my Story Mode, if you haven't noticed, except for Aeon in the introduction.

I thought you would be happy to have your moveset in the story, I guess I was wrong. Sorry for putting him in, then.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
I've only played one of the first Spyro games and my attention at the time was limited as I also was playing Bomberman Hero and this odd game called Croco at the time, so I dont' really have much input on that.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
thanks halfsilver. I was hoping for some kind of detailed comment about that moveset because I put the most effort into it (other than that review I'm waiting for).

And I don't have the greatest grasp on balance with such theoretical mechanics, but you're probably right. It's just that, for crying out loud, they have so many different variations on attacks and 3 Final Smashes (I couldn't choose, so I put them all in) and I figured I'd have to do something to balance it all out.

Let's compromise and put it at 8 seconds for the Mood mechanic, yes? Or possibly 7. 5 seems a little too good, 6 might be okay.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I didn't remember that Spyro was able to talk. o.o"

And no, I don't know the character too well, I haven't played the game in ages (it was the first one), and I forgot most of it (such like that fact that Spyro can talk). Besides, though, NOONE talks in my Story Mode, if you haven't noticed, except for Aeon in the introduction.

I thought you would be happy to have your moveset in the story, I guess I was wrong. Sorry for putting him in, then.
:eek:

wh...wait now ~ I never said anything like that; I'm thrilled that you put him in ur SSE :dizzy:

& yeah, if you only played the first one, I can understand ur limited knowledge of spyro as a character. he didn't get his better known characterization until the 2nd game (or tom kenny as a VA).

edit ~ @pelikinesis: I have 2 final smashes for spyro, but those change depending on his costume. 3 final smashes, I think, might be a bit much. I don't have a huge problem w/ it, but other people might.
w00t 500 posts!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
OK then, here it is:

BORED OF HFIL, THE DEMON KING PICCOLO HAS JOINED THE CLASH!

The one thing that I seem confused about this moveset is the stats. While wearing that heavy cap and cape you'd expect Piccolo's power to be lower than when he's not wearing that gear.

Other than that it looks quite good.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
since i'm almost finished with OO (just one smash and the tilts), i'm posting one last preview, his down special:

vB:battery power
OO runs in place for 4 seconds, ehich in turn supercharges his battery, healing him 1% per second. if an enemy attacks him, they receive two electric damage and OO stops running in place. if they attack him during the last two seconds of the animation, OO also switches into the background. if he goes through the whole sequence, the idle time it takes for him to explode is raised to six seconds for 12 seconds. this effect cannot stack.

background attack:outline of static
an arrow appears above OO's head. you can change the direction of this arrow to up, down, left, or right. after 1.5 seconds, it locks. OO then creates a line of static electricity on the edge of the screen correspoding with the direction the arrow was pointed. the line lasts 10 seconds and does 2% with a flinch per hit. can be used to stop recovering enemies or save a teammate, as it also can hurt them, thus stalling them and allowing them one jump and a recovery. until it disappears, your idle time before explosion is three seconds.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
The one thing that I seem confused about this moveset is the stats. While wearing that heavy cap and cape you'd expect Piccolo's power to be lower than when he's not wearing that gear.

Other than that it looks quite good.
His power level is over 9000.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
His power level is over 9000.
Well a common sight that I seem to find when watching the Dragon Ball Z episodes is that whenever a fighter removes his heavy gear, his power increases tenfold. Therefore, I would think that Piccolo would be more powerful without his heavy gear, but he'd be lighter along the way.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Hey, how do I make Ayla's Tail Spin unlike the Mach Tornado? lol

Preview!

Standard Special:
Kiss/Charm (Kiss heals 3% per second, for 5 seconds / Charm damages 10%)

Ayla does the traditional "blow kiss" action, and when she open her mouth, a heart (the size of an uncharged Aura Sphere at 0%) gets blown out. The heart will travel slowly at a wavy trajectory. When the heart reaches an opponent, that opponent will suffer damage, and a picture of a present will appear over Ayla's head for 5 seconds, and will heal Ayla for 3% per second. Slow startup, quick ending. No knockback.
Normally, in free for all/one on one battles, the attack would be called Charm, and would use the same effect above, but in team battles, it functions a little differently, and is called Kiss. Nearly the same animations, but the heart will travel even slower, and if it hits another person, that person will have a heart symbol above them, and THEY will get healed 3% per second, for 5 seconds.

And yes, Kiss works on girl teammates @_@

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Hey, how do I make Ayla's Tail Spin unlike the Mach Tornado? lol

Preview!

Standard Special:

Ayla does the traditional "blow kiss" action, and when she open her mouth, a heart (the size of an uncharged Aura Sphere at 0%) gets blown out. The heart will travel slowly at a wavy trajectory. When the heart reaches an opponent, that opponent will suffer damage, and a picture of a present will appear over Ayla's head for 5 seconds, and will heal Ayla for 3% per second. Slow startup, quick ending. No knockback.
Normally, in free for all/one on one battles, the attack would be called Charm, and would use the same effect above, but in team battles, it functions a little differently, and is called Kiss. Nearly the same animations, but the heart will travel even slower, and if it hits another person, that person will have a heart symbol above them, and THEY will get healed 3% per second, for 5 seconds.

And yes, Kiss works on girl teammates @_@
first, it seems broken. 15% heal with 10% on the opponent? broken. i would lower both significantly, even the team version. healing 9% is okay, and 4-6% would be fine for damage as well.

second, what do you think of my preview on the last page?

Smady

Smash Master
Standard Special:

I like the concept, but no move should vary widely from mode-to-mode, it isn't practical. Also, it seems a little over-powered, make it heal once and that should balance it out.

Look forward to the completed set, though, this is promising. :)

Agi

Smash Lord
RULES EDIT

VM me your response to receive credit. I will NOT accept PMs or notifications on the chat.

I posted it on the Stadium as well, but here's a back-up copy in case it gets ignored. :bee:

EDIT: Which it did. *looks around* >_> <_<

I might have to start up Marshmallow Awards in here... but we'll call them Toaster Strudels instead!

REDIT: Fine. They'll just be called Strudels. Whatever.

For the first Strudel award, VM me with the answer to this question:

What is the question to the answer 42? (e.g. What question did the Earth come up with before it was destroyed?)
This question is still up for grabs. Since no one has got it yet, I add a hint: Scrabble.

Sundance got this one. For reference, the question was "What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"

LATE EDIT: Wow, I haven't been updating this in a long while... it's still alive, however! Expect the next one up within 10 minutes.

FUTURE EDIT: Last night (1/30/09) I came up with idea for a moveset. Tell me the game of origin for that set and I will give you a Studel. Yes, this is possible to get... I've mentioned it in a few places.

This one was snagged by TWILTY! The correct answer was Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Popular Culture time! Who won the first Super Bowl?

Another score for TWILTY! The correct answer was the Green Bay Packers.

UNLIKELY EDIT: In honor of the Marshmallow awards... who was the person to get MYM 3.0 locked?

KingK.Rool himself nabbed this one! After a long while, the Strudel Awards are back on their feet!

MOVIE EDIT: The chat has been hopping today... in fact, plans for a MYM movie were created? Now, which actor was slated to play TWILTHERO?

This one was snagged by the man of the hour, TWILTY! He now has a hefty lead.

SPITEFUL EDIT: List the number of reviews left up on the Stadium when the Sandbags gave up. (e.g. Right now.)

This one was quickly snatched up by TWILTY! His lead is now far beyond anyone else.

SEMI-SNEAKY EDIT: On the Character Select Screen for MYM 3.0, who was player number three?

TWILTY got this, which will be MYM 4's last Strudel. The correct answer was WAMY, who was choosing Fierce Deity Link.

Strudels:

SirKibble: 0 + 1 Honorary Strudel

TheSundanceKid: 1
KingK.Rool: 1

TWILTHERO: 5 THE WINRAR!

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, everyone! He actually went off better than I thought he would. Oh, and to answer some questions:

flyinfilipino: First, thanks for commenting! And second, you asked what the cape did? When it's on, his power, weight, and traction rise, but with it off, his speed and jumps skyrocket. He really has two different stat pools...

Mario_and_Sonic_Guy-Well, I could have done that, but if his power, jumps, speed, and all went up without the cape, and all he lost was a little weight and traction, nobody would really play with the cape on. I put his power up with the cape because most heavyweights are high-powered, and slow, and have bad jumps, while his lighter form would have the better speed and jumps, but less traction...it would have been broken if everything important (besides weight) went up without the cape.

Oh, and this is really late, but since I just joined... Master Warlord, wherever you are, Dimentio rivals Chuck Norris in pure epicness. You really captured his character, what with the evilness and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom