• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm Sorry about all the trouble about everyone hating your moveset, but understand that these are only critiques about how the moveset was played out. In our small but somewhat effective community, we expect so much to everyone that when newcomers come in and post a moveset that doesn't compare to theirs, they think that you should make it the way they would. The problem with this is that it limits newcomers to be a mere servant while the person that help you is now in control on your actions.

We try to be welcoming to others, but the problem is that what makes us tick gets the better of us and we complain. Sure, we always do that, as that is in our nature, but aiming it at a newcomer with no previous experience will not make us grow. I read a certain book (I'm not going to tell you) that had as one of one of its messages ,"The greatest harm can come from the best intentions." Even if it sounds like a paradox, think aabout it: My trying to encouage someone to make better, we have instead made ourselves bad by discouraging his ideas.

We know we can't please everyone, but we offer lots of chances for you to do well. We can try to be a better role model for others, but we don't really know how. I'll try my best to help you understand: This sentence contains a link to my first ever moveset, Hariyama. To be honest I thought mine was great at that time, but as you can obviously see there looks like a 8 year old wrote this. If you compare this to one of my recent movesets (like this Klavier Gavin one), you can definitely see how much I grew. Why? I decided to stay here because I had fun doing so; Now look where I am now! I feel honored that my 400th post here can show how much I've grown here.

The basic point is that we expect so much that the negatives of our MYM personality unleashes likes a volcano: not very well thought of, harsh (to put it bluntly) and hard to grasp. Even if we try to help you, it's your moveset. We shouldn't really care too much about minor gripes, but it's in our nature, something that we lived with all our lives and still can't truly understand. Learn to grow with the thread first and don't demeaned youself because of what others think of you. We are a crazy, dysfunctional family that you can live to grow with. Just have a great time here, do whatever is on you mind and we'll respect you, whether it will be tomorrow, next contest, or next year. To sum it all up, just... Make Your Move.
Somebody else acknowledge this post besides me.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
broom hatter's Ftilt:what were you rolling in?
broom hatter takes out a dust rag and waves it in front of herself. this is an oddball move, with 2-4 hits, 1% damage each, vaccum knockback, and high priority. the attack also removes any effects involving the character being coated in anything (kawasaki's mashed potatoes for example) whether they are friend or foe.

IT'S OVER 9000!!!

EDIT: WHERE DID JIMNY AND SKYLER COME FROM!?!? I HAD THE 9001TH POST IN MY GRASP!

EDIT2: both of those sets sound epic, spade (see? i learn.)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I read kitsuneko's post Skyler.

I agree with it, and I also think newer members are also taking this contest a bit too seriously. Especially since the Sandbags/ regulars aren't on here as much.

Baloo

Smash Ace
You're still over 9000, you're even over 9001!!!! :nerd:

And PPL, sorry, but why vote for a moveset just because it is not Kirby?

Pelikinesis, great moveset. Lol taunts.

And I acknowledge the post. Now acknowledge my wondrous new avatar.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I acknowledged the post before everyone else in existence. I also acknowledge whatever comments you have about the moveset.

And after making myself as an assist trophy for the Sandbags moveset, I am sorely tempted to OC the crap out of myself.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings

The only reason i'm not voting for another kirby set is b/c there are just way too many.

Also, i acknowledge the post.

Lastly, i acknowledge your pwning avi.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The only reason i'm not voting for another kirby set is b/c there are just way too many.
Then you're not better than the idiots voting for their friends or characters they like in MYM2.

You should vote for the, in your opinion, best movesets. Not voting for a Kirby character because we had more than others in this contest sucks. A lot.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What about Fire Emblem characters?
There are more of those than FFVII related products XD.

Seriously though, there aren't that many Kirby characters to be honest.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Somebody else acknowledge this post besides me.
I am acknowledging this post.

Just kidding...kits's post was important; we need to be helpful to newcomers....
I read kitsuneko's post Skyler.

I agree with it, and I also think newer members are also taking this contest a bit too seriously. Especially since the Sandbags/ regulars aren't on here as much

I acknowledged the post before everyone else in existence. I also acknowledge whatever comments you have about the moveset.

And after making myself as an assist trophy for the Sandbags moveset, I am sorely tempted to OC the crap out of myself.

Also, i acknowledge the post.

Lastly, i acknowledge your pwning avi.
In Kit's Mind: Did I Just get most of the newcomers that stay here to acknowledge this Crowning mMoment of Heartwarming?? I expect more of a Sandbag point of view, but you guys are great. Seriously, All of you grew a lot during this contest, although I'll admit some were quicker than others. You guys are the future: once most of us continue to live our lives, I will know that some of you guys will cotinue to do this and can teach this lesson and more to others.

Sky, Since my flash isn't workng, can you post the message I gave to the xat, then tell me their reactions via PM?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I acknowledged your post as well, Kitsuneko.

However, I will not change my attitude and behaviour - it wouldn't be me. I hope you understand.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
I acknowledged your post as well, Kitsuneko.

However, I will not change my attitude and behaviour - it wouldn't be me. I hope you understand.
Thank you for the compliment. However I was more surprised by the newcomers of this thread, therefore addressing more to them. I'm sorry if that at all irritated you for whatever reason.

I am not asking people to change their attitude and behaviour, just so you know. If I were, that would make me a hyporite. Rather, I'm suggesting to everyone to exemplify the positives of their personality and exterminate the negatives.

Darn my Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I may have one final moveset wandering around my mind, but it's a question of will I have the time to get it down on paper.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
broom hatter's Ftilt:what were you rolling in?
broom hatter takes out a dust rag and waves it in front of herself. this is an oddball move, with 2-4 hits, 1% damage each, vaccum knockback, and high priority. the attack also removes any effects involving the character being coated in anything (kawasaki's mashed potatoes for example) whether they are friend or foe.

IT'S OVER 9000!!!

EDIT: WHERE DID JIMNY AND SKYLER COME FROM!?!? I HAD THE 9001TH POST IN MY GRASP!

EDIT2: both of those sets sound epic, spade (see? i learn.)
Broom Hatter, eh? This should be interesting. You said he's not a helper... he will be in Kirby Wii! Hawhawhaw....

Spadefox moveset?!

:bee:

I'm looking forward to these.

What?!?! Nine thousand?!?!

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Broom Hatter, eh? This should be interesting. You said he's not a helper... he will be in Kirby Wii! Hawhawhaw....
broom hatter is a she. bomber, prank, and starman join her. kirby wii (even though i highly anticipate it) will NOT be out by MYM5.

What?!?! Nine thousand?!?!
I WAS GOING FOR IT BUT JIMNY AND SKYLER USED LIGHT SPEED POST MAKE ME NOT GET!

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
broom hatter is a she. bomber, prank, and starman join her. kirby wii (even though i highly anticipate it) will NOT be out by MYM5.
I'm definitely looking forward to it too, both the moveset and the game. You're not the only Kirby fan here.

I am going to finish up Shadow Beast, Sir Aaron, and maybe Angry German Kid over the next two weeks.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Odysseus, King of Ithaca joins the Brawl!

+Back-Story

Odysseus was the King of Ithaca and the main character in Homer’s epic poem, “The Odyssey.” Father of Telemachus and wife to Penelope, Odysseus was taken from his homeland of Ithaca right after his son’s birth in order to fight in the great war of Troy. Fighting alongside such great warriors as Achilles, Agamemnon and Ajax, Odysseus was the mastermind behind the final great Achaean movement; The Trojan Horse. After the war, Odysseus made one crucial error; not making sacrifice to the god of the sea and earthquakes, Poseidon. This enraged Poseidon who felt as though without the gods, Odysseus’ plan would have never worked and the Achaeans would have lost the war. And so, Poseidon in his rage determines that before Odysseus can reach his homeland of Ithaca, he must have a long, perilous journey before him…

Since the Odyssey is a 400+ page epic poem, I’ll only be highlighting the key points of Odysseus’ journey. The first stop after Odysseus left Troy was the island of the Circones. The Circones were a band of powerful warriors that, unfortunately, were far more than a match for Odysseus and his crew, killing off about half of his men in one fell swoop. Shortly after that, Odysseus came upon the island of the Lotus-Eaters, an island covered with lotus plants that caused anyone to eat them to forget of their homelands, their friends and anything other than eating more lotus. Upon discovering this, Odysseus set out onto the island in order to bring back the men whom had scouted the island earlier, effectively freeing them from the lotus powerful trance. Next came the island of the Cyclops where Odysseus came upon the cave of Polyphemus, the massive beast of a cyclops. The monster trapped Odysseus and his men inside of his cave, but after blinding him (and through the clever use of giving Polyphemus the name “Nohbdy” instead of Odysseus) Odysseus and his men were able to escape from the blinded cyclops by clinging to the bellies of his sheep.

After escaping Polyphemus (and angering Poseidon more; Polyphemus was his son), Odysseus came to Aeolus, home of the wind king, also named Aeolus. Bottling up all the bad winds, Aeolus gave Odysseus a sack of wind, telling him not to open it until he reached Ithaca…unfortunately…with Ithaca in sight, Odysseus’ greedy shipmates broke open the bag, blowing them all the way back to Aeolus. Next came the island of Telepylos, home of the Lasestrygonians; massive cannibals who destroyed all but one of Odysseus’ ships, cutting his crew down to his ship and his ship only. Odysseus then went to Aeaea, home of Circe the witch who could turn men into animals. Circe told Odysseus to head to the Underworld and seek out the blind prophet, which he does and is then told to return to Circe’s island. Circe then tells Odysseus that he must pass the Sirens, Scylla and Charybdis. The Sirens were horrible bird creatures that had a song capable of driving men mad while Scylla was a six-headed beast who always (since it was fairly impossible to avoid) devoured six men per ship. Charybdis however was a massive whirlpool beast that would’ve destroyed Odysseus’ entire ship and crew. Later on the island of Thrinacia, Odysseus’ crew eat the immortal cattle of Helios, the sun god and evoked the wrath of Zeus who smote all of Odysseus’ remaining men, leaving the great leader adrift at sea.

Odysseus then made his way to the island of Calypso where he stayed for seven years before leaving for Scheria via raft. The people of Scheria greeted Odysseus warmly and eventually gave him safe passage back to Ithaca. One final challenge stood in the way of Odysseus and his wife Penelope and that was the dozens upon dozens of suitors vying for her hand in marriage. Reuniting with his son after twenty years, Odysseus, Telemachus and two of his faithful servants engage the evil suitors in battle, killing them all.

+ Play Style

The best strategy one can have while playing as Odysseus is to take advantage of his incredible attack strength and range. Range and strength are really all you’re going to have in this brawl as both his speed and recovery are somewhat lacking. Like the great
tactician himself, you’ll also need to plan ahead slightly as Odysseus’ moves tend to come out rather slowly and can be punished severely if not properly spaced. Using Odysseus’ weaker moves to add up damage then finish off an opponent with a powerful smash attack is the best road to take here.

Odysseus’ air game is somewhat lacking so the ideal place for him will be planted firmly on terra firma. While his Up B recovery is useful, both his first and second jumps are rather weak meaning the Up B MUST be put to good use; fortunately it’s rather hard to gimp Odysseus’ recovery. If a powerful attack is approaching and you don’t have time to dodge, using the lotus-flower attack and its infinite priority to cancel out the attack and gain some breathing room. Odysseus’ up smash is also ideal for taking out aerial attackers due to its good range and powerful knockback, but once again must be planned out due to its slow start up time.

+Stats

Offense: 7
Speed: 4 (slow but not the slowest)
Size: 7 (About Ganondorf's size)
Weight: 7 (Heavy due to all of his weapons/armor)
First Jump: 3 (Weak due to weight)
Second Jump: 3 (See above)
Fall Speed: 6 (Fast due to above mentioned reasons)
Recovery: 6 (Surprisingly decent, see Up B)
Range: Varies; 7 (Some very long range attacks and some short)
Attack Speed: 4 (Slow....)
Traction: 8 (Exceptional traction)

Glide: No
Wall Jump: No
Wall Cling: No

+Pros

- Powerful smash attacks.
- Somewhat heavy, about Ganondorf’s weight.
- Good range
- Has a projectile
- Final Smash can cause multiple KO’s
- Up B is good for recovery/difficult to gimp
- Side B has infinate priority but does no damage
- Good traction

+Cons

- Slow movement/attack speeds
- Weak first and second jumps
- Final Smash causes no damage yet Odysseus can still receive damage
- Weak air game.
- Weak throws damage wise
- Relatively large target

+Standard Attacks

A: Head Lop- Odysseus pulls out his trusted sword and takes a swipe at the opponent’s head. Unlike most A combos, this move isn’t much of a combo at all, only a simple, yet fierce sword strike.

Notes: A powerful high hitting sword stroke, Odysseus’ A attack is quite good for adding up quick damage to an opponent. It unfortunately comes out slightly slower than most A attacks due to it being a single swipe but it does an excellent job of damaging and poking opponents who get too close away. (5%)

Side Tilt: Punishment of Iros- Odysseus pulls his arm back and swings forward with a fierce left hook, smashing the opponent across the side of their head.

Notes: One of Odysseus’ quicker attacks, this side tilt doesn’t have a considerably long range but makes up for it with decent damage and decent knockback. Not really viable as a KO move but good for spacing and adding up damage. (7%)

Down Tilt: The Final Task- Odysseus’ final task was to take an oar into the mainland and when he encountered someone who didn’t know what an oar was used for, he was to plant it into the ground. Odysseus uses this as his down-tilt, thrusting the oar into the ground directly before him.

Notes: Fairly weak range wise and damage wise but with decent knockback. It suffers from a tad bit of end lag due to him having to pull the oar out of the ground afterwards. (6%)

Up Tilt: Wrath of the Lasestrygonians- Odysseus reaches down and pulls a rock from the ground, hoisting it above his head before dropping it and letting it shatter on the ground below.

Notes: Good range coupled with decent knockback and damage make up the positive side of the relatively slow tilt. It does also have the advantage of having a surprisingly long hitbox, lasting until the rock shatters on the ground. Unfortunately it doesn’t hit to the sides or anything so you’ll have to make sure your opponent is above you while using it. (9%)

Dash Attack: Spear Lift- Odysseus dashes forward and stabs the foe with his spear, lifting them in the air a short way before they fly off.

Notes: Great KO potential but is oddly slow for a dash attack. It also does a nice bit of damage. (11%)

+Smash Attacks

Side Smash: Nohbdy’s Scheme- Odysseus pulls a large club with a sharpened tip from the ground and forcefully thrusts it forward into opponents.

Notes: An incredibly laggy smash attack (think Dedede’s Side Smash speed) but with incredible killing power. Tremendous start up lag, slow attack speed and slight end lag make this a very situational smash to use as it can easily be dodged and punished. It is however an incredible KO move if it lands, capable of KO’ing lighter characters at as low as 40% with a charged smash. (Uncharged: 16%, Uncharged: 22%)

Up Smash: Stringing of the Bow- Odysseus pulls out the bow he used to kill the suitors, strings it and aims upwards, firing a single arrow diagonally upward. The arrow if charged will fly until it goes off screen.

Notes: One of Odysseus’ most versatile attacks, this Up Smash possesses both power and range. It does however have a bit of start-up lag (since he has to string the bow first) but is excellent for knocking foes out of the air. If the smash attack is charged, the arrow will fire diagonally upward without stopping, however if the smash attack is only partially charged, the arrow will arc and fall back down to the ground. (Uncharged: 10% Charged: 16%)

Down Smash: Slaying of Melanthius- Odysseus readies his sword and then swipes at the ground before him from left to right, then right to left. In total he swings his sword four times. Multi-hitting but doesn’t strike behind Odysseus leaving him vulnerable from attacks.

Notes: A powerful multi-hitting down smash that traps opponents with the first three strikes and then delivers knockback on the fourth strike. This is the fastest of Odysseus’ smashes but also the weakest. It also has the disadvantage of leaving Odysseus totally vulnerable from behind and can’t be canceled once it’s started. (Uncharged: 3% per hit, Charged: 4% per hit)

+Aerials

Neutral Air: Winds of Change- Odysseus swings the bag of winds given to him by Aeolus around him, striking first forward and then once again backwards.

Notes: Since it’s a large bag of wind, it has a sizeable hitbox. Unfortunately it doesn’t do tremendous damage and doesn’t exactly do the best knockback. Mostly used to nudge your opponent away or hit to both sides. (8%)

Forward Air: Ino’s Veil- Odysseus pulls off the veil he was wearing around his waist (it
prevented him from drowning in the Odyssey) and throws it forward a short ways. An opponent hit by this will fall a short way uncontrollably as they’re tangled in the veil, most likely having to use their Up B to recover.

Notes: A great tool for edgeguarding as it’s slightly ranged and causes them to fall downward (excellent for trapping people under the lip of FD). This attack doesn’t come without its drawbacks however, it takes a second and a half for the veil to return to Odysseus meaning it can’t be spammed and it also does minimal damage considering it’s just a piece of fabric the opponent’s getting hit with. Use this carefully however and you’ll find it a valuable tool for Odysseus edge game. (5%)

Back Air: Agamemnon’s Warning- Odysseus was warned by Agamemnon to enter his house via the back door after Agamemnon’s own wife killed him when he returned from Troy. This applies to Odysseus’ back air as it’s a very sneaky attack; one of Odysseus’ fastest and great for getting some breathing room. Odysseus will jut his elbow backwards instantly, causing moderate damage and set knockback when his elbow strikes his foe.

Notes: Impossible to KO with but great for spacing against an aggressive aerial foe, Odysseus’ back air is one of his fastest attacks. While it lacks the KO power of some of his other aerials, it more than makes up for it by allowing the Odysseus character to play defensively. (7%)

Down Air: Spear of the Suitors- Odysseus readies a spear in his hand and then thrusts it downwards. Has considerable range but is quite slow.

Notes: While possessing good range, decent damage and a possible spike, Odysseus’ down air is slow on the upstart with an unusually small hitbox (it only strikes directly before him, only the tip of the metal part of the spear does damage). If hit with the very tip of the spear at full extension, this down air acts as a meteor smash. (12%)

Up Air: Athena’s Divine Protection- Odysseus thrusts Athena’s Aegis (a shield) above him a short ways. Not very useful for attacking but can be used to block projectiles and most attacks from above.

Notes: Used purely for defensive purposes, this attack delivers weak knockback and miniscule damage but has impressive priority meaning that it will overpower most down aerial attacks (the one notable exception being Ganondorf’s down air).

+Situational Attacks

Get Up (Under 100%)- Odysseus rolls forward and jumps to his feet, sword ready.
Get Up (Over 100%)- Odysseus slowly pulls himself onto the stage, stands up and shakes his head.

Ledge Attack (Under 100%): Sword Sweep- Odysseus sweeps his sword along the ground, then pulls himself up.

Notes: Your basic ledge attack, nothing noteworthy here. (6%)

Ledge Attack (Over 100%): Desperate Strike- Odysseus slowly pulls himself up, then lunges forward and sticks his sword out.

Notes: A rather slow ledge attack but it’s got some range and power to it. (7%)

Rising Attack: Playing Dead- Odysseus stays on then ground and then suddenly kicks forward before jumping to his feet.

Notes: A very fast rising attack that your opponent probably won’t see coming until it’s too late. While not very powerful it can knock an opponent back enough in order to get to your feet and counter. (5%)

+Special Attacks

Neutral B: The Great Bow- Odysseus pulls out his bow and strings it, similarly to his Up Smash. Holding the B button begins to charge the bow and the control stick allows Odysseus to aim in any direction (except directly below him). The one notable weakness of being able to angle it anywhere is the fact that in order to turn around, it takes a while considering how hard it is to hold the bow so taught.

Notes: A great projectile that’s not quite as spammable as other characters’ bows, Odysseus’ is best for distance attacks only. It has the advantage of added power considering it’s a more powerful longbow, but it also has the disadvantage of having to be strung first and the overall slower “reload” speed. (5%)

Side B: Lesson of the Lotus-Eaters- Odysseus thrusts his first forward, a lotus flower in his hand. In the epic poem, the lotus flowers made the person who consumed them forget about everything they but eating more flowers. In Smash this is represented as an attack that does no damage but has infinite priority meaning it’s ideal use is for canceling out powerful attacks.

Notes: This is yet another one of Odysseus’ amazing defensive moves. While this attack does no damage, it blocks out any and all attacks (except grabs of course). It also comes out almost instantaneously but suffers from slight ending lag. Unfortunately, Odysseus is also left wide open to attacks from behind or above as only attacks from the front will be blocked.

Up B: Aeolus’ Ascent- Odysseus pulls out the bag of winds given to him by Aeolus and slashes it open, blowing him upwards in a zigzagging pattern. Good recovery potential and also does slight knockback if Odysseus hits an opponent. The only major downside is that once this move is used, it requires 20 seconds for the bag to refill with air

Notes: Odysseus’ up B is exceptional for recovery as it can be hard to gimp due to the strange flight pattern. It also does have the slight disadvantage of possibly gimping itself by placing you underneath the lip of FD for example…the slight recharge time is also a downside but the great recovery potential makes this move worth it. (5%)

Down B: Athena's Influence- Odysseus takes a stance and waits. If stuck by an attack during this stance, Athena will appear behind Odysseus, increasing his attack power and ground speed by a small margin for a brief period of time.

Notes: A very useful skill, especially for the increase in ground speed. The one glaring downside to this is that it's incredibly predictable and suffers from start up lag where your opponent can easily determine that you're trying to use it. It is however very useful against aggressive opponents as they may not realize what you're trying to do while in the heat of battle.

+Grabs/Throws

Grab: Odysseus grabs the opponent by the throat and holds them at sword-point.
Grab Attack: Execution of the Suitors:- Odysseus simply stabs the foe in the stomach with his sword.

Notes: Not a particularly devastating grab attack but effective for adding up damage. Nothing else noteworthy really. (4%)

Forward Throw: Sacrifice of the Goat- Odysseus reaches down and grabs the opponent by the legs. He then swings them backwards a bit before throwing them forward (like a heave-ho kind of toss).

Notes: An effective throw knockback wise and Odysseus’ overall “best” throw when it comes to damage and spacing. Can’t be a chaingrab but is effective if followed up by a smash attack or a tilt. (9%)

Back Throw: Charybdis- Based upon the monstrous whirlpool monster, Odysseus grabs his opponents by their legs and swings them around four times before tossing them behind him.

Notes: Another effective throw for spacing and damage, it is however a bit lacking when it comes to follow up potential as Odysseus is left facing forward while his opponent is tossed backward. (7%)

Down Throw: Down to Hades- Odysseus lifts the opponent above his head and then hurls them at the ground before him. This however can’t throw an opponent off the edge and if used on the edge, Odysseus will throw them directly below him.

Notes: Very not a particularly noteworthy down throw, it simply damages the foe and sends them at a low forward angle once they hit the ground. (6%)

Up Throw: Scylla- Odysseus tosses his opponent above him and then strikes them six times with his sword with the sixth strike doing the knockback, sending the opponent off in a random direction.

Notes: A relatively unreliable throw considering you never really know which way your opponent will fly. Use this only to add up damage or (hopefully) KO at high percents. (6%)

Final Smash
Poseidon's Wrath

Large, dark clouds appear above the stage and suddenly water starts gushing in. The entire stage floods, leaving the opponents in the water and Odysseus clutching onto a piece of driftwood. Odysseus then cries out “Poseidon!” as the water starts gushing towards the edges of the stage (the opponents can only be KO’d off the sides of the stage, it’s a “swim-off” stage now). Odysseus then goes through his entire speech consisting of the following lines.

“Poseidon! What do you want from me?! I have nothing left to give! I have nothing left to give but my life!”

To which a great booming voice will say, “I don’t want you to die…I just want you to suffer…!” causing all the water to recede from the stage. Overall, the Final Smash lasts for 20 seconds.

Notes: Odysseus Final Smash does no damage whatsoever and in fact, Odysseus can still receive damage during the attack. However, due to the constantly flowing water, your opponents should be more focused on not drowning or being sucked off the edge of the stage than anything else. Odysseus is also immobile during this attack…obviously it’s best used when your opponent is high on damage so that they drown quicker.

+Random Animations

Idle- Odysseus stands in place, glancing around occasionally with his hand on his sword.
Dizzy- Odysseus rocks in place, clutching his head.
Sleep- Odysseus sleeps with his sword planted in the ground before him as he leans on it.
Stamina Death- Odysseus falls over, his sword lying before him.
Forward Roll- Odysseus rolls forward and jumps to his feet.
Backward Roll- Odysseus leaps backwards and assumes a fighting stance.
Air Dodge- Odysseus pulls his arms and torso backward.
Step Dodge- Odysseus raises his shield and dodges backward.

+Taunts

Up Taunt- Odysseus says, “My name? My name is Nohbdy,” as he smirks.
Side Taunt- Odysseus pulls out his bow and then examines it before putting it away.
Down Taunt- Odysseus drops to his knees and cries out, “Poseidon!!”

+Win Poses

Win Pose 1- Odysseus is seen building a raft, he then says “I must return to my homeland…”

Win Pose 2- Odysseus shakes his head and says, “You tried to take my world…”

Win Pose 3- Odysseus stands there dramatically as Athena watches over him.

Win Theme- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1yvYH5GTt4&feature=related 3:14

Lose Pose- Odysseus shakes his head and looks down.

+Extras

Entrance: The Trojan Horse appears on screen and Odysseus climbs out of it.
Kirby Hat: Kirby gains Odysseus bow, hair and beard.
Symbol: The words, "The Odyssey" written in nice, fancy font.
WiiMote Sound: Odysseus yells and swords clanking together are haerd.
Unlock Method: Have a total play time of 20 hours, representing the 20 years Odysseus was away from home.

Classic Mode Image

All-Star Image

+Snake Codec

Snake: Mei Ling, who is this guy? He looks...strangely familar.
Mei Ling: Snake, that's Odysseus, the great warrior who fought in the Trojan War.
Snake: You mean the guy who it took him 20 years to get home? The one who's written about in the Odyssey?
Mei Ling: The very same Snake...I can't imagine what it's like to be away from those you love for so long...
Snake: I can...
Mei Ling: I-...I'm sorry Snake...
Snake: ...

~TRANSMISSION OVER~

____

And that's it, I went for a little less extras on this one...but I like the way it turned out ^_^

Special thanks to Dawgfood for the color suggestions =)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Odysseus: EPIC WIN/end pun

Really though, great job. Seems to be very balanced, and all of his moves seem to have some sort of significance to the story (lots of research?). Good read!

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
what, that's not how I remember the Wishbone episode at all!

Announcement: I'm doing a Mr. Saturn moveset in MYM5.
God bless you.

I mean, normally I'd dispose of you and burn all the evidence so I could do it myself, but since you declared this online all I can do is congratulate you on such an awesome moveset idea and hope that you do Mr. Saturn justice.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Thanks guys! ^_^

@Tornadith: If you need help, feel free to PM me, I'd be more than happy to assist ya!
@Flyinfilipino: Actually, it wasn't TOO much research...the entire fact that I did a set for Odysseus was that I just got out of Mythology class and thought "That'd be awesome..." So it was pretty fresh in my mind actually ^^;

@Anyone: And FINALLY...I'm gonna do Pyramid Head...after delaying it this long, anyone who still is waiting for it should be happy with the end results ^_^

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
@Anyone: And FINALLY...I'm gonna do Pyramid Head...after delaying it this long, anyone who still is waiting for it should be happy with the end results ^_^
I never played any of the games he's from, but I remember lol'ing hard to some clip of him "having his way" with a mannequin. Will he do this in Brawl?

MAKE IT A VICTORY POSE!

@Oddy: It was quite a read. I love the Lotus Eater Lotus.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
New moveset plans:

\o/
YES! Original character AND the viruses? I've always wanted to make a moveset for them, but never had any ideas! WOOHOO!

...Can someone seriously like give ma template or something to do my button? -_-

Or just help me with it?

I CAN'T WAIT 2 C
I know you've got help now, but here's the guide, anyway:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3153725&postcount=61

@Odysseus: EPIC WIN/end pun
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That's the best thing I ever saw!

(The moveset is pretty good, too)

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Then you're not better than the idiots voting for their friends or characters they like in MYM2.

You should vote for the, in your opinion, best movesets. Not voting for a Kirby character because we had more than others in this contest sucks. A lot.
ok. i'm sorry. :(

i was just voicing my opinion. I FAILED just as hard as Homer Simpson.

also, IRONY ALERT!!! im reading "The Adventures of Ulysses" in school! and it's not Odysseus, It's Ulysses, The king of Ithaca.

Baloo

Smash Ace
@Odysseus: Very good. I loved that book, but where is Charybdis? Anyway, awesome.

EDIT: Saw back throw. NVM. Not exactly the monster, but at least a reference.

@Pelikinesis: Good, someone looks forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom