• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
lol Freudian slip

Dunno, it's just weird like that. It happens if you cape grabs and spacie side Bs too.
Can't people tech it? Or is that just on the ledge. I know Raiou continuously used to ledgetech my cape as Fox/Falco. Makes you start F-tilting the side-B alot more...

St. Viers

Smash Champion
caping bombs has to do (i'm pretty sure) with it simply not actually touching you, but rather the reflecty area around it--I never reverse cape, but spacing it as to not actually touch my cape.

HiIH

Smash Lord
...Dthrow>Jab>Regrab on Falcon? Was kinda messin around today, and all Falcon has to do is DI behind you (or alternatively, he can Smash DI the jab down, and tech it).

Pros:Alot easier than the chaingrab on him, and can work at ridiculously low percentages.
Cons:Not to hard to get out of if the Falcon thinks.

Does this have any merit, and is it useable on any other characters?

All I know about the hitstun is it always does it to spacies in illusions, and if they don't tech, they're probably gonna fall to their death in hitstun... not hard to get around though.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I can't PTP to save my life. [well in game life]
im gonna have to be a PTPless doc, my thumb doesnt move that fast

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Hm. 0_o' So I was just continuously getting that weird cape-effect? I mean, like everyone else was saying, from time to time it would hit them instead of just turning them around, but with no real force to knock them away... I basically stopped caping illusions after that. @@

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
I always thought it was a better idea to Bair illusions anyways, I mean Illusion obviously can't go through it and a Bair sets you up to gimp him at the ledge or force them to use up-B which is caped easy as cake.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
I always thought it was a better idea to Bair illusions anyways, I mean Illusion obviously can't go through it and a Bair sets you up to gimp him at the ledge or force them to use up-B which is caped easy as cake.
Iiiiiiiiiiiii needto try that. I think it's just the timing that's difficult, for me. I always choke against illusion. xD

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
b.airs good.

I always just f.tilt/u.tilted, but b.airs works perfectly fine; infact, it's probably the best option you have.

.... other than f.smash, but you cant always hit f.smash. XD

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
If you get caped in the initiation of the Illusion, you'll go the other way, but if you're already moving, you just fall over.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think I have had that happen... Then they still have a chance to Foxfire back, but I caped him again lol.

Desh

Smash Ace
If you get caped in the initiation of the Illusion, you'll go the other way, but if you're already moving, you just fall over.
yeah knew that, wasnt aware that you could tech once ur in the tumbling animation

slight update on the archive, just kinda moved things under different sub heading and im about to add dates to the info posted,

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Na. I picked the last 4 and they sucked.

How bout you take a stab at it macman, maybe yours wont die in office. :(

*pours out some soda for The American Dream*

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol wut.

sure jona you can have it, as long as you give otg your amazing doc tips. And you have to act like his coach whenever hes playing, like yelling in his ear if he messes up, and sometimes when he doesn't. Have fun with that.

you also have to pay for dogy to go to canada

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
lol wut.

sure jona you can have it, as long as you give otg your amazing doc tips. And you have to act like his coach whenever hes playing, like yelling in his ear if he messes up, and sometimes when he doesn't. Have fun with that.

you also have to pay for dogy to go to canada
lolwut.

Man i want my money back.

overruled Dogy
Try to pick peeps who wont die in office next time XD
**** YOU HE GOT ASSASSINATED BY CHOLESTEROL.

Desh

Smash Ace
well, thats annoying
im off to make an assassination thread 8D

jk lol,
kk,
so guys,
i know we all know this guys,
but really guys,
marths ****ing gay.

i completely 100% think marth is docs hardest match up.
then its falcon.
then sheik.
then it doesnt really matter.
foiwefoyahbnihgadsjfdkjh -.-

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i think fox is a pretty bad match up for doc.
i went fox on otg today and i did alright, actually should have beat him like once. i was up 3 stocks to 1,
but hes just so gay and i ended up holding on the ledge and just falling and shooting lasers to my death.
after that one i got *****. so idk
otg is realllllly gay tho

Desh

Smash Ace
fox is easy for doc. =/
idk why people find it hard.
you can cc dsmash/grab a waveshine, i've done it to raynex.
you can cc grab his best approach options
hes super easy to edge gaurd,
hes combo-able
he can get 0-death'd if you tech chase and be gay,
really if you grab him its not hard to take a stock.
what does he have against you besides speed =/

he cant really camp you, he needs to approach just as much as you do.
he cant uthrow uair,
being edge gaurded vs fox really ISNT that bad.
shine spikes are avoidable. very very avoidable.>_>
not to mention tech-able.
all of his other methods of edgegaurding arent that much better than the rest of the cast imho.

so really, his grabs arent that great against doc, he cant really approach you with out taking risk of getting grabbed, wich can lose him a stock.

idk, thats just me, i've never found fox to be a hard match up, i play raynex a lot, and of course i lose, but its more because hes straight up better than me than because fox ***** doc.

Top Bottom