• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Stage Counterpick disscussion: Discusion #9: Toon Link & Zelda/Sheik

Phelix08

Smash Apprentice
lol it's easy to CP IC's.

erhem... RC, PS1, PS2, Norfair, Brinstar, Frigate are all bad stages for IC's, i'm probably missing some as well.

uhm... kirby
idk... I don't think kirby has a "bad" stage.
Wouldn't rainbow cruise be really dangerous? They could just stand and chaingrab you until the blastzone came to them, then throw you for a free kill.

Irsic

Smash Ace
We need to finish this.

I dislike big stages against Pikachu, especially Final Destination. I prefer Battlefield as a neutral pick, but I'm not too sure what CP stages would be good against him.

Irsic

Smash Ace
One thing about Pit is to try to avoid stages that he can fly under as it makes him quite a bit harder to edge-guard. (PS1 possibly)

S.D

Smash Master
I've always wanted to chase Pit under a stage with a reverse magnet pull or something and kill him down there. It'd look great plus he's helpless when using WOI.

Against Wolf you want stages where he needs to recover predictably, as he can be quite easy to gimp then. Something like Halberd might be a good choice...

Walk off stages could be a good bet against Pit, (he's my co-main btw) so something like the Mariokart stage or Green Hill Zone work well against him if they're legal. Pit uses edges really well and has a great recovery, two things which are removed by these stage. You'll generally have enough space to absorb arrows and fight on your own terms.

S.D

Smash Master
Indeed, Yoshi's isn't great for Lucas anyways. Yeah sorry Castle Siege is a great stage to take both of them to actually, I mustn't have mentioned it because I usually ban it as Pit XD. Helps that the statues eat up their projectiles too.

Also Frigate Orpheon is good against Wolf as the non-grabbable ledge really hurts his already limited recovery so I'd consider that also.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Yeah, I would probably choose Frigate against Wolf, and for neutrals probably battlefield.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206886
According to our Pit CP/ban thread, your CPs would be Brinstar and Yoshi's Island (brawl).

Brinstar: Your PKT, unlike Ness' (and our arrows) can go through that pink thingy under the left/right platforms, and could get us at will. They also get in the way of our camping ability, just like the acid below. Basically this area degrades our ability to camp and shoot arrows, and if your PSI Magnet didnt give us enough problems for arrows. -_-

Yoshi's Island (Brawl): Like Brinstar, you projectile can go through them Shy guys, while our arrows cant. We cant glide under the stage to stall either. This kinda limits up basically.
Now, the only trouble I would see you have here is that the slope at the ends of the stage boosts our ability to D-tilt spike, and that if u land on that appearing ghost platform while doing PKT to recover (You have Zap Jump and Magnet push though), you're in trouble.
Thankfully Ness has problems here.
Note: Though both chars will have a bit of a problem here, we Pits are affected more than you guys are.

Our Counterpicks against you would be Battlefield and Lylat Cruise.

BattleField: This stage is plain with platforms. We can glide under the stage, can ledgecamp here pretty well (though u still got the Magnet), and we can manuver around pretty well.

Lylat Cruise: 2 words: TILTING PLATFORM. Now this platform affects everyone and their recoveries a bit, but it will affect you more than it will affect Pit. Pit can still recover well despite this, and while it may slightly degrade our ability to ledgecamp, we still can aim our arrows (again u still got Magnet).
We can glide under the stage too.

Other Bans/CP

Green Greens: I feel that this is your CP to us. Because you can KO quite well like Zelda, and the KO boundaries are close on all sides, your Fmsash and Usmash will work so well here. Your PKT2 can go through them blocks too (I'm done for...). We could go under the stage, but would it be worth it? You know the blocks will mess up our ability to ledgecamp with arrows and you could KO us quickly here.

Other stages we hate:

Luigi's Mansion: Isnt it obvious? We cant ledgecamp here well with the mansion in tact, we cant glide under the stage, our arrows are bad here and we are very much limited here. Your PKT can still go through that mansion things we have to destroy.

PS1: Well some Pits like this place, but I dont. We cant glide under the stage, and the constant changing stage affects us, especially that Water one to disable our arrows. I would probably ban this place against CGers though *cough* Dedede.

Good Stages for Pit in general:

Norfair: Just in case you do fight a Pit here, this is one of our best stages and is our CP to Snake, Diddy, Dedede, Falco, and the ICs. CGs are less effective here, Snake is forced to move around without Mortar Slide being much use, and such.
Pit can ledgecamp here really well, and can he can "Shark" a lot if he wishes. "Sharking" as far as I know is a Pit term for U-airing under platforms to attack our opponents. This can also be done on Halberd when not on the ship deck.
Pit's Mirror Shield can block the lavafalls on the left and right of the screen and the lava bursts from the back of the screen,

With all respect, I hope I get credit for helping you guys out, and hope that this text does not go to waste.
PS: Lucas (and probably Ness) scares me sometimes.
PSS: Call me "Admiral Pit" -_-

Levitas

the moon
Solid, admiral. I think lucas has a bit more mobility between edges on norfair due to the tether, but I don't think it's to our advantage to switch ledges often here against pit lol.

The reason I've ignored this thread is because I haven't spent much time figuring out the stage picking aspect of brawl.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
According to our Pit CP/ban thread, your CPs would be Brinstar and Yoshi's Island (brawl).

Brinstar: Your PKT, unlike Ness' (and our arrows) can go through that pink thingy under the left/right platforms, and could get us at will. They also get in the way of our camping ability, just like the acid below. Basically this area degrades our ability to camp and shoot arrows, and if your PSI Magnet didnt give us enough problems for arrows. -_-

Yoshi's Island (Brawl): Like Brinstar, you projectile can go through them Shy guys, while our arrows cant. We cant glide under the stage to stall either. This kinda limits up basically.
Now, the only trouble I would see you have here is that the slope at the ends of the stage boosts our ability to D-tilt spike, and that if u land on that appearing ghost platform while doing PKT to recover (You have Zap Jump and Magnet push though), you're in trouble.
Note: Though both chars will have a bit of a problem here, we Pits are affected more than you guys are.

BattleField: This stage is plain with platforms. We can glide under the stage, can ledgecamp here pretty well (though u still got the Magnet), and we can manuver around pretty well.

Lylat Cruise: 2 words: TILTING PLATFORM. Now this platform affects everyone and their recoveries a bit, but it will affect you more than it will affect Pit. Pit can still recover well despite this, and while it may slightly degrade our ability to ledgecamp, we still can aim our arrows (again u still got Magnet).

Other Bans/CP

Green Greens: I feel that this is your CP to us. Because you can KO quite well like Zelda, and the KO boundaries are close on all sides, your Fmsash and Usmash will work so well here. Your PKT2 can go through them blocks too (I'm done for...). We could go under the stage, but would it be worth it? You know the blocks will mess up our ability to ledgecamp with arrows and you could KO us quickly here.

Other stages we hate:

Luigi's Mansion: Isnt it obvious? We cant ledgecamp here well with the mansion in tact, we cant glide under the stage, our arrows are bad here and we are very much limited here. Your PKT can still go through that mansion things we have to destroy.

PS1: Well some Pits like this place, but I dont. We cant glide under the stage, and the constant changing stage affects us, especially that Water one to disable our arrows. I would probably ban this place against CGers though *cough* Dedede.

Norfair: Just in case you do fight a Pit here, this is one of our best stages and is our CP to Snake, Diddy, Dedede, Falco, and the ICs. CGs are less effective here, Snake is forced to move around without Mortar Slide being much use, and such.
Pit can ledgecamp here really well, and can he can "Shark" a lot if he wishes. "Sharking" as far as I know is a Pit term for U-airing under platforms to attack our opponents. This can also be done on Halberd when not on the ship deck.
Pit's Mirror Shield can block the lavafalls on the left and right of the screen and the lava bursts from the back of the screen,

With all respect, I hope I get credit for helping you guys out, and hope that this text does not go to waste.
yeah this post is probably the best stage info on Pit your going to find

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I thought yoshi island sucked for lucas cause of ghosty.
This is true, but again, the stage affects Pit more than it does Lucas.
Now Ness on the other hand... he hates the place as much as we do. Only difference? Ness might die if his PKT recovery comes in contact with a Shy Guy. So, Shy Guy can actually kill Ness :laugh:
Lucas, on the other hand... yea.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace

Other Bans/CP

Other stages we hate:

Thank you admiral pit. this is greatly appreciated =]

This is true, but again, the stage affects Pit more than it does Lucas.
Now Ness on the other hand... he hates the place as much as we do. Only difference? Ness might die if his PKT recovery comes in contact with a Shy Guy. So, Shy Guy can actually kill Ness :laugh:
Lucas, on the other hand... yea.
ROFLCOPTER.
the next time i fight ness, i'm taking him to this stage and i'm gonna hope a shyguy comes

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Not to go off topic, but many people think that Lucas is cheaper than Ness just cuz his PK Thundah goes through things except platforms, and they think that isn't fair. Do you guys do? It is kinda unfair when a Shy Guy comes along....

Irsic

Smash Ace
I think thats pretty stupid that they would think it's cheap because they can't gimp you by jumping into your PKT.

Jumping into Ness' PKT is cheap.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well technically Pit can shoot Both earthbounder kids' PKT to kill em, but Lucas is harder. Mirror Shielding is kinda risky vs Ness.

S.D

Smash Master
Good job Admiral, everything that needed to be said. Nice to see a familiar face from the Pit baords too :)

I agree with everything esp Green Greens as a solid CP.

c3gill

Smash Ace

I dont think Norfair is a great advantage for either of these characters..... I am sure we are all used to taking some less mobile characters there as a CP or something, but Lucas and Pit should be pretty evenly matched on Norfair....

but very nice post. only other disagreement is green greens, but that might be true in general for Lucas, just not me :)

c3gill

Smash Ace
idk
the blast lines on the sides are real small
i would think this would help out lucas with his f+downsmash and his f-tilt(at high percents)
Just a hatred of this stage from Melee- i think in general your right, the stage is a decent Lucas stage.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Ok, some person I was facing before said that Frigate and RC lol are Lucas's two worst stages. Is that true, cuz I don't really have any problems on RC, but Frigate is just....ugh.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I love Frigate, but RC gives me absolutely no trouble, I just don't enjoy playing on it.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Alright, so, let's not let this thread die again and actually make it through the roster.

Pronounce

Smash Rookie
I love this thread! Please don't let it die!

Anyway, we're up to Wolf right?

I think most of the Neutrals are good as d-air and b-air spiking near most of the edges seems good, esp. 'cause Wolf's recovery is so terrible. In fact any recovery gimping stage seems good here. I'd personally pick Battlefield, GGreens's or FD here.

Ban RC I think, you're just asking to get out-aerial-ed.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I think it would be a good idea to ask other character mains on which stage their repsective character performs poorly. We don't know everything.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Yeah I was doing that for last time I bumped this, but ZMan isn't updating the thread with new characters. I had previously already asked on their forums for input, I'm just waiting for the title to be changed so we can up the discussion more.

Top Bottom