• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Stage Counterpick disscussion: Discusion #9: Toon Link & Zelda/Sheik

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why you can't just consider my opinion, but alas, its obvious we're OVER-SATURATED with information and discussion on these Lucas boards.

Levitas

the moon
Honestly, I think we should go with Mow's list. I'm thinking that's where the future of brawl is.

Besides, any tournament with pipes and green greens CP'd in the same set shouldn't be taken seriously.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I did consider your opnion, but I would perfer to do the characters being discussed right now

Also, you might just be good at Luigi's Mansion. One big thing about counter-picking is personal prefrence. You just perfer Luigi's Mansion against MKs while everyone else wants to ban that **** against him. It's just one of those things to consider in competitve brawl.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
ok according to the official ruleset.

D3
Ban:

corneria (if allowed)
green greens (if allowed)
halberd
FD

CP:

Norfair
Brinstar
Japes (maybe)

G&W

Ban:
Corneria
Rainbow cruise

CP:
brinstar

Unofficial/umbreon's ruleset.

D3
Ban:
halberd
FD

CP:

Brinstar

G&W
Ban:
idk
maybe battlefield

CP:

Brinstar

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
Definitely avoid any lengthy flat stages(final destination, smashville) when fighting against DDD. He'll chaingrab you up to 40% easily. Not that that actually needed saying... As for G&W, I find that stages with lots of platforms are good news for G&W. His aerial game, amazing as it is, is only made better by the presence of platforms for him to spam that stupid turtle off of. Odd though it may be, I do best against G&W on final destination where his approach options are limited to bair and fair.

Levitas

the moon
I did consider your opnion, but I would perfer to do the characters being discussed right now

Also, you might just be good at Luigi's Mansion. One big thing about counter-picking is personal prefrence. You just perfer Luigi's Mansion against MKs while everyone else wants to ban that **** against him. It's just one of those things to consider in competitve brawl.
Actually, I CP'd mansion against a MK, and it worked out.

Don't ever do this. I got really lucky.

Ironically, this was the same set I was making fun of because it also had green greens and pipes in it.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for humoring me Zman and you're right.

Final D, against Game and Watch? I'll think about it.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I like getting DDD into the water on Japes.

Also, difficult for him to utilt you on this stage since the ceiling is retardedly high, and there isn't much to chaingrab with. Easy to harass with PKT.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone consider Delfino, Halberd, or Brinstar against DDD for the sake of not getting stage spiked? And if you're scared of the Chain Grab walk-off on Delfino, don't be, hug the platforms and Dair. Also, Lucas has the advantage on stages in which he can travel along, underneath the stage with PKT2.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
only problem with halberd against D3 is the close blastzones... utilt is stupid on that stage.
Oh and his recovery is like ridiculously good.
idk about halberd.
Brinstar is a definite and delfino... eh idk about delfino either

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
i dont really suggest delfino against dedede. there are too many walls to be chain grabbed against. Not to mention walk offs. A guy in our crew that secondary's dedede loves that stage.

Levitas

the moon
It'd be nice if you didn't call it complete **** just because it doesn't do lucas any favors.

I happen to like the list better than one that includes pipes and green greens.

Though this is gonnna be tricky to discuss now. What do you guys think for a course of action? I'd support using the old stage list for the time being, as that should help us get the best stages overall.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
It'd be nice if you didn't call it complete **** just because it doesn't do lucas any favors.

I happen to like the list better than one that includes pipes and green greens.

Though this is gonnna be tricky to discuss now. What do you guys think for a course of action? I'd support using the old stage list for the time being, as that should help us get the best stages overall.
I say we go for the official list for now, and make changes as the SBR makes them.

And yeah, Pipes and Greens Greens on one list is a bit ridiculous.

ZMan

Smash Master
I'm including both in the op. When we come to a conclusion about a character then I'll filter out the one's that are banned on Umbreon's list.

BTW Levitas- I swear ALOT, more than a 16 yr old tenn should, so me saying something is some old bull **** than just ignore it.

Levitas

the moon
Fair enough. I'd think nothing of it if it were in person. Maybe the only reason I even read it is because of the curtain of stars in front of the word that forces me to decypher it.

I'm mildly suprised that one of the more influential lucas players is 16. Perhaps I'm wierd for not being smart enough to use a good character at age 20.

Color coding could make the OP more clear. Something like green for accepted by both and purple for SBR list only could make sense. However, it's your thread. Run it how you want to (an ironic parallel to TOs IMO)

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Fair enough. I'd think nothing of it if it were in person. Maybe the only reason I even read it is because of the curtain of stars in front of the word that forces me to decypher it.

I'm mildly suprised that one of the more influential lucas players is 16. Perhaps I'm wierd for not being smart enough to use a good character at age 20.

Color coding could make the OP more clear. Something like green for accepted by both and purple for SBR list only could make sense. However, it's your thread. Run it how you want to (an ironic parallel to TOs IMO)
Bah, I'm 22.

You people make me feel like an old man.

Levitas

the moon
And you make me feel like a little girl. ****ing pedophile.

We should probably get back on topic... Although I was the one to get off topic... whoops.

ZMan

Smash Master
Good job, Levitas. If you want to look at it a different way, I only turned 16 back in october of this year.

I might do some different color coding, not sure what though. Maybe a different shade of green and red for Umbreon's thing.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
i'm 16 yay!

anywhoo...
do we really have anything else for either char?

oh ya norfair is not the place to be against G&W. his aerial game works very well with so many platforms. he also has an ability to ledgecamp very easily. combine the two and you'll have a tough time.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Take gw to pokemon stadium 1, put obstacles in his way and messes him up. i wouldnt take him to nofair or rainbow cruise.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
battlefield is a better stage for G&W than FD is. battlefield has platforms to aid his aerials. he can string nairs together through the platforms. he can dair on a platform hit you if you are under the platform. is uair can make you "jump" if you are on the platform above you. His dsmash can hit you through platforms. and his recovery can't be gimped by the lip like on FD. it's all on the G&W stage thread.

you really should ban BF instead of FD against G&W.

CP brinstar and PS1

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Lucases, I need help. Like a lot. Would any of you agree on this?:

:lucas: Lucas
Best: Norfair, Brinstar, Jungle Japes
Worst: Final Destination
It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 general best and worst stages.

If no, suggestions? People keep running into my thread yelling about Luigi's Mansion either sucking for Lucas, or Lucas completly owning. Please clarify.

ZMan

Smash Master
Now it's time for a useful post!

Norfair and Brinstar are Lucas's "go to" stages when ou need a stage to cp. Personally, I would replace japes with Picto but that's just me.

As for worst it's really character specific, but new Yoshi Island and FD are definatly two of his worst.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Norfair and Brinstar rock for Lucas.

Japes is not a best for Lucas, and Final is not a worst.

I put Luigi's Mansion at one of the best, and Yoshi's Island, Lylat, and something to be figured out later as worst.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Yoshi's Island just loves to cause problems.

I personally ****ing love Jungle Japes, one of my favorite stages. It's easy as **** to camp with Lucas, and sending people into the water is a breeze. Only couple draw backs here result from the high ceiling - no lucky usmash kills, and you'll have to rely on bthrow for grab kills. Other than that, I just love the tiny platforms on this stage, I've just never had a problem with it (Except vs. Peach & Charizard)

Brinstar and Norfair are great too. I just prefer japes.

I also find that Luigi's Mansion is a pretty good Lucas stage. I've never really had a problem with winning on this stage, but vs. MK it's pretty ********. If you can time the rebuild of the house (I've gotten a couple stupid kills with this) if you grab while the house is rising again, you can dthrow for a really stupid early kill. It's hilarious.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Falco: Once again, Norfair reigns supreme. It wrecks his Chaingrabs, his Lasers aren't very effective here, and the lava can actually save you from his Dairs

Do not, under any circumstances, play against Falco on Jungle Japes. Seriously, it's suicide.

Also, Final is a bad idea too.

ROB: I'll figure this out later.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
oh no! i can't let this thread die.

Don't know much about falco besides to ban japes and CP norfair, but usually falco bans norfair so we might need another stage to CP just in case
Falco:
Ban
Japes- it's mandatory.

CP:
Norfair - what blackbelt said basically. chaingrab sucks and lasers don't work so well.

R.O.B
Ban
halberd - his recovery becomes sooo stupid.
Delfino same problem as halberd.
Frigate orpheon- first stage is just too easy for him to gimp, and he has no problem revocering when he does it.

CP
Norfair - he can't edgeguard for crap, and easy access to his blind spot.
Brinstar - easy to kill, recovery isn't much of a factor here, as we both get boosts in recovery. oh but the uneven terrain does mess up his tilts
pirate ship - Though we can't do anything special here, it takes away everything he does well, besides camping, which we have no problem dealing with due to the magnet.

Edit: btw i'm starting to find it funny how the counterpick stages against top tiers are often norfair/brinstar and they just so happen to be lucas' best stages.

Top Bottom