• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
This sounded good. Were there videos of this? Where or when will they go up if so.

Any chance I would be welcome at the next one of these? Date dependent of course.

Smudge

Smash Lord
This sounded good. Were there videos of this? Where or when will they go up if so.

Any chance I would be welcome at the next one of these? Date dependent of course.
I'm sure you'll be more than welcome mate.

And the proposed date that was advertised during the even was 22nd March, but it's subject to change.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Omg, I can't explain how stressful my day was. I actually did arrive in Manchester at around 12:30, but of course my fecking phone wasn't working so I didn't know what to do, I spent a good hour or so looking around before finally giving up to just go shopping. I'm actually gutted I didn't make this, didn't get to smash and now it looks like I need a new phone -.-

Gratz to mako to, glad to here you did so well, really look forward to playing you one day soon.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Final Match videos!

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Omg, I can't explain how stressful my day was. I actually did arrive in Manchester at around 12:30, but of course my fecking phone wasn't working so I didn't know what to do, I spent a good hour or so looking around before finally giving up to just go shopping. I'm actually gutted I didn't make this, didn't get to smash and now it looks like I need a new phone -.-
Bad times, mate! We were wondering where you'd gotten to. :p

Aiko

Smash Champion
ok im not so tired now, so here are the results:

1. Makomako
2. Aiko
3. Smudge
4. Blinky
5. Nillix
5. RyanGraubner
7. Kosmoco
7. Zero

Awards:

Best Newcomers - Almas, RyanGraubner
Most Improved - Smudge, Kosmoco
Biggest Shocks - Nillix, Zero

I will do shout outs later.

In terms of rankings, I will only rank local players, but there will be special mentions for others who arent so local - eg. makomako

Rankings will be on first post

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
5th

For real. I agree with "Biggest Shock" on my part. I never expected to do so well really!

Althought I suppose Oni's SD contributed somewhat... :p

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Definately feeling the 22nd, Aiko. I'll just have to see how far into the next module I am at Uni, but hopefully the workload'll be slack enough for a day off.

RyanGraubner

Smash Rookie
Count me in for the 22nd. Mind you, whenever is good for me really. Handy being local :)

Im dead chuffed with getting to 5th place, first go and all that, and im not used to playing against people who know what they are doing. Nillix, you and i should have had a rematch!

Im kinda glad i didnt have to face Makomako, i have a feeling he would have torn me a new one. Nice vids of the final, and i think i heard that Ike fest doubles match somewhere in the background which made me chuckle.

Also double Pit action. Oh yes. Simon right? (i'm crap at names as it is, without having to remember forum names that go with it) We'll do doubles next time if youre up for it.

There was someone who gave me a pretty bad beating, using Metaknight, im sorry but i forgot who it was... :) Prompted me to check him out a bit more thoroughly, so i might be turning to the dark side soon. Or at least have someone else to have on the bench, just in case.

(edit) Almost forgot you Smudge (again, i forgot your actual name), your Dedede is the stuff of nightmares. If i had kept my cool i might have scraped a win through, sadly you had me in "Oh ****!" mode pretty much constantly...

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Nillix, you and i should have had a rematch!
Yeah, man. But I'm up for that rematch anytime! Yourself and Blinky gave the closest and toughest games i've played in a while. Good stuff.

I need a Pit to beat on for practice.
ZERO! I'm stealing you for a bit. Hope you don't mind.

Smudge

Smash Lord
(edit) Almost forgot you Smudge (again, i forgot your actual name), your Dedede is the stuff of nightmares. If i had kept my cool i might have scraped a win through, sadly you had me in "Oh ****!" mode pretty much constantly...
I don't think i told you my real name lol. Its Martyn.

And seriously man, you Pit gave me such a rough time, I don't even know if i deserved to win that match just based on the sheer amount of swearing I did lol.

And dude, having MetaKnight on the bench isnt as a move to the dark side, we all do it sometimes...

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Howcome makomako is not on the current rankings list (1st post)?
Probably because it's a Northwest-based thread, and Mako is from other... more distant lands.

He should at least get a special mention though... as he defeated the whole NW scene single-handedly.

... and then lost to Oni in a £5 MM. :D

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
good **** mako, repping dat london..but my rob + snake wasnt there!

How much did gamerbase charge you to use it as a venue? I might do the same for brawl ranking battles and separate them from the melee if it goes well, cause it looks like it did for you guys

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
I believe it was a fiver per person, which is definately worth it for the experience.

Fuzzy, you should treck up for the March event! I've heard scary things about your R.O.B, and i'd like to see how mine stacks up. It'll also be nice to finally meet you!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im looking at coming, it'll only cost me £10 ^_^ and we can get some practise for germany beforehand joe + maybe some brawl if people want, I'll prob be staying in bolton the day before

money match anyone? low stakes i dont wanna be taking lots of money from people/losing lots cause i think its **** right out of order unless you're really that serious

I can bring my capture card to this, as long as gamerbase dosen't use vista 64bit methinks

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
im looking at coming, it'll only cost me £10 ^_^ and we can get some practise for germany beforehand joe + maybe some brawl if people want, I'll prob be staying in bolton the day before

money match anyone? low stakes i dont wanna be taking lots of money from people/losing lots cause i think its **** right out of order unless you're really that serious
Good to hear! I'll stake you a £2 MM onh R.O.B dittos if you're interested?

Zero1249

Smash Rookie
Yeah, man. But I'm up for that rematch anytime! Yourself and Blinky gave the closest and toughest games i've played in a while. Good stuff.

I need a Pit to beat on for practice.
ZERO! I'm stealing you for a bit. Hope you don't mind.
It's coo'
And Ryan I don't know if I will be there on the 22nd.
We shall unite again though...:laugh:
And yeah, Simon is my name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom