• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
The blue Mr Game & Watch. Or as i'm calling him, Tournament Watch! :chuckle:

I saw you play Turner's tink today, I think. There's so many of you I lose track of who was who. Some people I also didn't dare approach to say hi :p
Yeah i remember fighting a Link at one piont lol toooo many snakes and robs for me:(
Tbh this way my first tourney against other players apart from the friends i always play with of course :) and i thought i did really well. One more hit there and a quicker dodge here and i would have worked my way up lol :D

Aiko

Smash Champion
Thanks to everyone who came :) full results will be out later tonight,

I will also update the regional ranking list soon. Please let me know if you are new and want to be included. Darren, Jankai and Pit all seem very keen :)

Prof: Stop trolling here. I dont give a crap if you dont like brawl, but stop insulting others for playing it. Today's tournament was a success and it's bringing in new players. Don't scare them away or i will perma-ban yo *** in click.

turner

Smash Cadet
Green smells it's all about red!

Who was it that failed at life?
Haha yeah well 2 of us were hit by that catapult and if memory serves (probably doesn't) but the second to be caught the catapult was red hmmmmm
oh and it was green that came out on top in the end ya know :p

Jankai

Smash Journeyman

Well a few things failed at life today lol Oh oh that reminds me actually, i made a kill on a rob not to sure who it was tho, it was in the pool games but it was 2-1 in lives to him and i nocked his other life off taking it to 1-1 and i perfect KO'd him in like 5 moves as picachu lol
Just wundering if anyone recalls recording it? :)

Rage™

Smash Rookie
Haha yeah well 2 of us were hit by that catapult and if memory serves (probably doesn't) but the second to be caught the catapult was red hmmmmm
oh and it was green that came out on top in the end ya know :p
Nah red is to pro to be hit by that :chuckle: it was probably that pink one.

turner

Smash Cadet
Hahaha yeah could have been wasn't paying full attention i just remember saying something about its not just me now ^_^

either way next tourny im'a beat you down boy :)

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
I beat a Sonic 2-0 and I can't remember who it was. He put up a great fight though, if anyone knows, let me know :p

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
Like to say thanks to ant (aiko) for organising this whole ranbat up.

Edit: it was me darran, i got really confused i rarely go against a G&W, but man you were great.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Well a few things failed at life today lol Oh oh that reminds me actually, i made a kill on a rob not to sure who it was tho, it was in the pool games but it was 2-1 in lives to him and i nocked his other life off taking it to 1-1 and i perfect KO'd him in like 5 moves as picachu lol
That was PlatinumSamusUK, I remember saying "It's **** Time"

Think Nillix may have a video of it...

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Like to say thanks to ant (aiko) for organising this whole ranbat up.

Edit: it was me darran, i got really confused i rarely go against a G&W, but man you were great.
RyuKen thank you for an awesome match! You have some tallent there with Sonic, you're not spammy at all. Rare with the Sonic's that i've played in the past. Kudos to you my friend :)

Rage™

Smash Rookie
Hahaha yeah could have been wasn't paying full attention i just remember saying something about its not just me now ^_^

either way next tourny im'a beat you down boy :)
:O it's on ur gonna be my 1st victim to 3 stock :p

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
RyuKen thank you for an awesome match! You have some tallent there with Sonic, you're not spammy at all. Rare with the Sonic's that i've played in the past. Kudos to you my friend :)
Thanks man, felt like i was spamming his spin charge a bit too much, but hey next tourny we should get some games together.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Results:

1st Calzorz
2nd Fuzzyness
3rd Aiko
4th Blinky
5th Smudge
5th MalcolmX
7th Oniboy
7th Yeniths

Awards:

Best Newcomer - Malcolm X (DK)
Most Improved - Nathan (Olimar)
Most Inspiring - RyuKen! (Sonic)
Bad Beat - Nillix (Rob)
Shock of the day - Turner (Random)
Finish Award - Jim (Dedede)

Calzorz, Fuzzyness and Yeniths will not gain points as they are out of the region to be included in the Northwest Rankings, but will get a special mention.

Northwest Leaderboards

Scores are calculated from the 3 most recent tournaments. (we've only had 2 so far, but when we've had more than 3, only the 3 most recent will count).

For point allocations, see first post.

Position - [Points: earliest + latest] (previous rank)

1st - Aiko [50: 25 + 25] (1st)

2nd - Blinky [42: 20 + 22] (3rd)

3rd - Smudge [41: 22 + 19] (2nd)

4th - Oniboy [29: 13 + 16] (8th)

5th - RyuKen! [28.5: 14.5 + 14] (6th)
6th - Nathan [23.5: 11.5 + 12] (9th)
7th - NilliX [22.5: 17 + 5.5] (4th)
8th - MalcolmX [19: 19] (New)
9th - RyanGraubner [17: 17] (4th)
10th - Zero [14.5: 14.5] (7th)

11th - Bush [14: 14] (New)
11th - Darren [14: 14] (New)
13th - PSUK [13: 8 + 5] (13th)
14th - Turner [12.5: 10 + 2.5] (11th)
15th - Captain Wu [11.5: 11.5] (10th)

16th - Jankai [10.5: 10.5] (New)
16th - Jim [10.5: 10.5] (New)
18th - Jabroni [9: 9] (12th)
19th - Deathkid [8.5: 8.5] (New)
19th - Solid Pit [8.5: 8.5] (New)
20th - LBX [7: 7] (New)
21st - Suckme [5: 5] (New)
22nd - Rage [2.5: 2.5] (New)

Sorry about it being a huge wall of text. I wanted to get numbers in there so people can see where the points are and where their previous position was.

Commentary:

Aiko holding a firm lead with 2 first place finishes.
Blinky manages to overtake Smudge from 3rd to 2nd by 1 point.
The top 3 steer way ahead of the rest of the pack.

Oniboy finally gaining points after his untimely defeat last rankings.
Ryuken is hot on his tail with less than half a point behind!
Nathan is also making a stand after winning the most improved award.

Nillix bombed a bit after a poor performance.
MalcolmX with a stunning new entry, taking 5th place at the most recent rankings.

The fights between 11th and 16th are also very close. Will it all change next month?

Jankai

Smash Journeyman

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Thanks for today guys, although I'm pretty disappointed with my performance I still had a great time, should have gone Snake instead of Sheik lol. Really enjoyed playing Smudge and really enjoyed my MM with Oniboy. Thanks Ant for hosting, I'll be sure to try and come again in the future.

Lincolnshire now has the banter.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
When I get Brado, Calzum and maybe Rega up to my pace, then boy, Leicestershire will have the banter son.

Boss Man

Smash Rookie
Thanks to Ant for organising it all! Great games to all the poeple I played, have great fun today, so thanks again! :D

Edit: Oh it's nathan (Oilmar), by the way. :p

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I'm feeling hyper so I'm gunna do shoutouts

Aiko - As always its graet to see you again, thanks for organising the tournement and its a shame ive still not played you in a tournement match lol, I love how you get away with some really aggressive stuff as mk even I'm too scared to touch lol, sorry about the SDs, really cost us :/

Fuzzyness - Nice to see you up north, had a great weekend with you, what few mistakes you made you corrected in no time at all, just shows your experience, good stuff, you control the stage too well, I found it really intimidating. Amazing kill too, insane stuff

Calzors - Congratulations on first, you did well, although heres a few things I think you need to work on. In the doubles I abused tornado against you because you got predictable with your rolls, so try to roll less, snake only gets away with it cause of grenade dropping. Also your DI seemed off, you didnt escape any of my tornados and were killed at low angles frequently from mk downsmash, DI is always helpful. Also your recovery was predictable, you'd go high, airdodge off and airdodge near the ground, so i just caught you with tornado/downsmash, try to mix it up/stay away from the opponant. Shame i realised all this stuff after the tournement match lol, and SDing twice in the money match. Oh, and when you had no projectile game going and you were near the edge with smoebody approaching youd snake dash, which i was tornadoing you for, just thought I'd say a few things which were holding you back a bit. You were really good otherwise.

Oniboy - I'm gutted I don't think I saw you play, apart from the walking mindgames, too good, glad to see you making it out of pools like you should have done :)

Yeniths - Great seeing you again, I always get the feeling we are going down the same path in smash, you need to be a bit more evasive in the air though, I find it quite easy to shuttle loop you which can end up bad. Doing good though :)

MalcolmX - Congratulations on making it out of pools in your first tournement, nice job :)

Ryuken - I love watching your sonic, its good stuff, and some of the stuff you did was crazy good, keep at it :)

Smudge - You seem to be doing consistantly well which is good :) I only watched the game with ryuken and you seemed to be getting nervous at the end of the games, although you pulled through :)

Kira! and Makomako - I was so gutted when I heard you weren't coming, seriously, I'll have to see what I can do about playing you during the Easter break

PSUK - congratulations on winning a game, told you you could do it :)

Once again I seem to be claiming 4th and making a bit of an AC anon out of it lol, its good fun though, i probs won't be able to make the next oen as its during easter break and I'm down south then, but I'll see what I can do for future events :)

Rage™

Smash Rookie
Thanks to Ant for organising it all! Great games to all the poeple I played, have great fun today, so thanks again! :D

Edit: Oh it's nathan (Oilmar), by the way. :p

Ur Olimer is pretty sick not seen someone play him that good. Hope to rematch you next time

Boss Man

Smash Rookie
Blinky: Good games (sorry for my snoring! lol), can't wait to play you next time!

Rage: Thanks, you too!

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
Calzors sounds like a pretty cool guy, Kira prolly cried himself to sleep after hearing that someone like him came first

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
thne funny thing is that i played kira yesterday and he has actually gotten better

sad times >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom