• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
ranked 11th is far better than I was expecting, i'm happy with what I got! I hope I can return to defend that, or improve it next time!

Smudge

Smash Lord
I hope someone recorded mine and smudge's match today, my god probably my best game yet even though i lost.
Im pretty sure PSUK has got atleast 1 of the 3, but i'll have to ask.

Thanks for today guys, although I'm pretty disappointed with my performance I still had a great time, should have gone Snake instead of Sheik lol. Really enjoyed playing Smudge and really enjoyed my MM with Oniboy. Thanks Ant for hosting, I'll be sure to try and come again in the future.

Lincolnshire now has the banter.
I really enjoyed playing you too dude, shame I never got to play against you're Snake though.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Here's a list of matches that I recorded from the event, because we all love lists.
These matches will all be up on my Youtube channel within the next few days. There's a number of incomplete matches too, so I'll just get the best bits of those together and stick them into a highlights video a bit like the last one.

Pools, brackets and friendlies

OniBoy (Snake) vs. Nathan (Olimar) - First match of the day!
Bush (Falco) vs. PSUK (R.O.B) - First time we see PSUK's promising robot in action.
Jankai! (Pikachu) vs. PSUK (R.O.B) - Jank, this was the one where you railed PSUK's last stock completely.
Blinky (MetaKnight) vs. Jankai! (Ganondorf) - lol
Calzorz (Snake) vs. OniBoy (Snake) - Explosion central
LBX (Toon Link) vs. Darren (Game & Watch) - A close match well played
Fuzzyness (Snake) vs. OniBoy (Snake) - Another close one. More explosions to be had.

MM
OniBoy (Snake) vs. Yeniths (Snake) - What's with all the Snake dittos?! More explosions!

Grand Final matches - Calzorz vs. Fuzzyness
Snake vs. Snake - Explsions ffs. And a really weird d-throw kill.
Snake vs. R.O.B - Fair amounts of ****. Poor old Robot.
Snake vs. Falco - A fairly close match, but still the same result.

I also have a teams match of Falco and Pikachu vs. DK and Link. Links grabs Pika for Donkey-punch finish. Any idea who played in that?

And apologies to anyone that I didn't have a chance to film. I still love you. :)

blipped moon

Smash Apprentice
yeah chnage it to blipped.
Cant wait for the next one, mainly because i didnt get to play everyone, also were gonna be alot better next time.

Rage™

Smash Rookie
Yeh next one is gonna be awesome hope to do better as well and fight more people.

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
I was ganon tho and i did vs a metaknight, i lost like with MK having like 2 lives left i think, might have been on Luiges mansion also :)

Aiko

Smash Champion
that wouldve been against blinky, as I didnt play Jankai.

my pool had smudge, ryuken, turner, darren and LBX, i think it may have been LBX?

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
Nillix it was defo me and blinky :)

If the price is the same for the tournement then i think i might be in a little bit of trouble with it being at the end of my easter hols :s

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
NilliX appears to have already uploaded some of the matches to his youtube channel. Be sure to check those out!

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
Oh dear god lol

Just watched my game and that last kill is flawless and i was a life down at the start :p If only i could play like that all the time :)

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
yes i would like that :) sorry am only just getting to grips with what everything means in the tournement world. :)

Am not wanting to offend but i do prefare to do things by myself even tho i no it would help :) but its how i've always done things.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
yes i would like that :) sorry am only just getting to grips with what everything means in the tournement world. :)

Am not wanting to offend but i do prefare to do things by myself even tho i no it would help :) but its how i've always done things.
no problem, a little independance doesnt hurt :laugh:

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Indeed it does not, but does anyone who's going next time play DeDeDe, would love some dittos (Not you Dave...)
I don't think i'll ever get the hang of dedede. I may however bring a new character to the table next time... depends how quick I can use said character.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Why is it always on Sunday... Should be able to make some of these starting in about june though, as that's when my rugby season finishes. =]

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
I asked this to Aiko before too lol, basically gamerbase always has something on on the Saturday so Sunday is the only day they can host, if i remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom