• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, with the deadline looming, I think I'll go ahead and Vote:smashbot

I've already explained my suspicions of smashbot, and since we're running out of time and it seems where the town is headed I see it as a worthwhile idea.(Not to mention he hasn't even come to defend himself since we started talking about suspecting him)

Now, I would like to point out(although it should be obvious) that our cop(assuming we have one) should not use their investigation on Lombo. He has an easily testable claim and due to that we can essentially investigate him ourselves. Once again, pretty obvious, but just in case I felt I should point it out^.^

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I agree with Mentos man on not investigating Lombo.

Unvote
Vote: Smashbot

Hasn't explained himself, jurassic dinosaur.
Pretty basic.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
That puts him at 6 if my count is correct. Smashbot this is your last chance to defend yourself so please at least say something

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Why would I be dead in night 1?
If you actually have a bulletproof role, your role will only survive either a lynch or a kill. If you're lynch and you survive, then Mafia could pick you off in Night 1. We don't want that to happen.

Yo, numbers, why you acting like you don't care about anyone? Your posts makes it seem like you're shelfish or something.

Smash Master
Wait, what? What does that even mean?

Nothing I said has been emotionally charged, if that's what you mean.

I'll hammer if you want. The deadline is near anyway, though.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, well, smashbot was on at about 8 tonight and didn't post. I guess since he neglected to defend himself against suspicion while he was on you can hammer if you want(although I wish he at least tried to defend himself>_>)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
This is what I mean, numbers

The mafia can point fingers at Lombo as well.

If mafia targets Lombo, so what? We still have all our prs and mafia is only up by 1 member.
If Lombo is mafia, we pretty much win, since we'll have two cleared townies (the people he implicated mid nameclaim).

We get much more information lynching Lombo than Smashbot.
Just kinda don't seem concern about others regardless if they're in the Mafia's eyes or not. Remember, this is a team effort and everyone counts.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
For the record, when I said that the town must decide on a lynch, that means that if the deadline hits and a majority has not been reached, then whoever has the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the person who reached that number first is lynched.

Due to my leaving the country, someone will be lynched each day.

The Votes Thus Far

smashbot226 (6): karthik_king, Mr.Lombardi34, Ronike, Pythag, mentosman8, KevinM
Mr.Lombardi34 (2): 1048576, Pythag,
Yaya (1): Marshy

Smash Master
This is what I mean, numbers

Just kinda don't seem concern about others regardless if they're in the Mafia's eyes or not. Remember, this is a team effort and everyone counts.
Okay, but if we lynch Lombo and he wasn't lying and the mafia targets him, we're down one townie. If we lynch smashbot, or anyone else, and he wasn't lying and the mafia targets someone, we're down two, and possibly down a doc or cop.

Regardless of whether they're in the mafia's eyes or not; what does that even mean?

Of course everyone counts. 2-4 people count against us. PRs count more than vanillas. I'm merely pointing out these relative worths.

You say mafia could target Lombo like that's the game loss right there. I'm merely pointing out that it's not not exactly a compelling deterrent from lynching him.

Smash Master
Oh, for some reason I thought the deadline was the beginning of April 3, not the end. Then I thought maybe I have time zone issues, whatever.

I'll give smashbot 12 hours after this post before I hammer.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
yes, but the town would have gained one person they can trust completely. The mafia most certainly wouldn't want that.
The only way that I would justify this would be if the nurse protected you during the night, and we're not even sure if we have one. I think it's probably a better option to lynch someone else on day 1 now.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Has anyone heard of a Mafia version of the role that Lombo claims he has?

Smash Master
somehow I don't think five minutes will matter...

unvote: Lombo vote: smashbot

Smash Master
My first mafia game and I get to do the honors. This is so exciting :)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Final Tally

smashbot226 (7): karthik_king, Mr.Lombardi34, Ronike, Pythag, mentosman8, KevinM, 1048576
Mr.Lombardi34 (2): 1048576, Pythag,
Yaya (1): Marshy

The dinosaurs argue amongst themselves. Because no one can recognize each other, they tell each other what kind of dinosaur they are. Everyone claims to eat plants, but there are doubts among the majority.

Some dinosaurs claim to be from a long time ago. This makes them suspicious to some of the others.

"Your kind was supposed to have died out a long time ago!" They yell.

Unfortunately, their target doesn't give a defense. He sits quietly and takes their accusations, but has nothing to say.

The dinosaurs herd him towards the water's edge and push him in.

He begins to swim for the mainland, which can be seen from their island. It is several miles away. But before he can make it more than a hundred feet, something hits him from underneath. Suddenly, humongous jaws erupt from the water, encasing him. It is a Kronosaurus, and it was hungry.

smashbot226 (Stegosaurus, vanilla herbivore) has been banished from the island.

You have 48 hours from now to send in any night actions!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The dinosaurs awoke the next morning to find that not everyone had slept as peacefully as they had hoped.

First they came across the body of KevinM (Pachycephalosaurus, investigative herbivore) lying on his side. He had been torn to ribbons for food, and the only way they recognized him was because his thick skull dome was left.

Looking around further, they saw the body of Ronike (Deinonychus, vanilla carnivore). He had been almost completely consumed.

The dinosaurs' worst fears had been realized: multiple carnivores had also survived the flood, and they were hungry...

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. This day's deadline will be 11:59pm Central time, Saturday April 11th. No extensions this time! Happy hunting.

Yaya

Smash Champion
While I can say that the loss of a doctor is devistating to Town, at least we can look on the bright side, a Mafia is dead.

Now the question is...Vigilante? Or SK?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
aiight so I think we have an SK. This is said all the time, but I do not see a vig killing night one.
We should do a quick activity check and have everyone post in the thread.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
It sucks that KevinM died. It'll just make finding Mafia's a bit harder.

While it's good that Ronike died, there is only one small problem: he knew what Marshy was trying to do. And he did it without even nameclaiming, so this could mean we may have some liars in the car. period (sorry, too lazy to look up the name >< ).

Before I say more, here's some things we may need to look at.

went away for the weekend,

stegoceras, a herbivore
Doesn't this dino look familar? It looks really close to KevinM's dino. Maybe a different type, but the same family tree. Also, check out Lombardi's

Brachiosaurus here

Herbivore
Giraffatitan

herbivore

These two dinosaurs are in the same genus. The Giraffatitan is like a different kind of Brachiosaurus. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giraffatitan#Discovery_and_species)

I highly doubt that these two nearly identical dinosaurs would both be included in the game - Just look at the pictures - They have the same oddly shaped type of head.

I have reason to believe either Mentos or Pythag is mafia.
So if the case with KevinM is the same as this, then it could mean that one of them could be the mafia. Further investivation may be needed on this.

As far as who killed Ronike, I'm sure it was a SK. Vigilantes newbie and pro should know not to waste a bullet unless it was somewhat certain, especially if they have 2 or 3 bullets.

Smash Master
Since pythag didn't leap on the smashbot bandwagon, I really think he's town. This puts even more suspicion on Lombo for his nameclaim post, IMO.

If he flips town, we don't get much, but that's true for everyone else. If he flips maf, I really think we have enough information to win. We get two cleared townies, and a huge FoS on Rockin. If Lombo was maf, he would certainly have tried to implicate another maf before getting lynched so we would think that second maf was innocent for the remainder of the game. vote: Lombo

MrLombardi34 said:
Vote: Rockin

All that the above shows is that you got clever with the nameclaim. I'm not suspicious of you because of your claim, I'm suspicious because of your actions. I don't know what's going to happen in the 2 days we have left, but to me, Rockin is the most worthy of a lynch.
That was post # 343, when he had six votes.

MrLombardi34 said:
No, you are correct. I'd rather you believe me and have minimal lynch consequences than waste time trying to pick one of the many other suspicious players.

Other than Pythag, Mentos, and Macman (Sorry niiro I originally mixed you and mac up), I find Rockin suspicious. He resisted the name claim as long as possible to the point where fake claiming would be easy and not claiming would be suspicious. He never gave much of a reason for his opposition, either.
Post 328

Strange wording there. Why not say, "I'd rather you know ..." or "I'd rather you see for yourself ..." In fact, looking back, that whole post is confusing me. Is he trying to get lynched? Maybe he's a maf that needs to be lynched twice.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cop dead. That sucks.
The main factor that I associate Ronike with is anti name claim. Is would it be totally out of the question to look at all the people who were against the name claim as well as potential suspects?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Yes Pythag, hence why I'm still quite suspicious of Rockin.

104: You seem to be pulling theories out of nowhere now. Just because I spoke out against rockin does not mean that it was instantly some kind of mafia strategy.

Also, a wording mistake is not a scum tell. It's a mistake, take it for what it is.

I also want to say that I find it odd Marshy was not killed last night. He lead the town yesterday and is possibly the best player here.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Marshy I thought would have been killed right then. Maybe he is mafia acting like town. I highly doubt it but its a possibilty. Then again KevinM was a really good player who they would probably have wanted gone aswell

Niiro

Smash Ace
or most likely (to me at least) the mafia probably suspected that a doc might be protecting him.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
kevin :(

rockin i'll point out that your claim is similar to yaya's in both having birdlike features.

i think yaya could be an independent. again looking up falcarius several sites describe it as kind of a link between carnivorous and herbivorous dinos which i think would make for a fair independent role.

also some things hit me about lombo's lynch-proof claim. obviously mcfox wants this game to finish before he leaves so i wonder why he'd add a 1 time lynch-proof role when that directly holds up the game? i think a likely answer is that lombo could be an independent and having that person be able to survive a lynch/nightkill once could help offset the difficulty in surviving until the end, or whatever their win condition is. assuming he isn't lying.

1048 pythag did join the smashbot bandwagon and i don't think anyone who may've defended smashbot before he died is necessarily Town.

Smash Master
Yes Pythag, hence why I'm still quite suspicious of Rockin.

104: You seem to be pulling theories out of nowhere now. Just because I spoke out against rockin does not mean that it was instantly some kind of mafia strategy.

Also, a wording mistake is not a scum tell. It's a mistake, take it for what it is.

I also want to say that I find it odd Marshy was not killed last night. He lead the town yesterday and is possibly the best player here.
That's fair enough. I'm just compiling all the facts and trying to piece them together. I realize it's flimsy at this point.

Are you really just going to go with the 'I screwed up don't lynch me' line again. That's the third mistake you've made.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
yes, but when you point out that the dome headed dinosaur is probably the cop, you give the mafia an excellent target.

The question now becomes though, why kill kevin and not macman.

Macman was late on the name claim, and if he was mafia, it doesn't matter if he puts a similar kevin, because they know by then that they are going to take kevin out at night. Plus, a similar dino situation already happened between me and mentos, giving him the all clear to sneak his dino name in.

I'm now suspicious of macman.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
yes, but when you point out that the dome headed dinosaur is probably the cop, you give the mafia an excellent target.

The question now becomes though, why kill kevin and not macman.

Macman was late on the name claim, and if he was mafia, it doesn't matter if he puts a similar kevin, because they know by then that they are going to take kevin out at night. Plus, a similar dino situation already happened between me and mentos, giving him the all clear to sneak his dino name in.

I'm now suspicious of macman.
I have to agree with this, the scenario pythag presents is too perfect to be a coincidence.

FOS: Mac

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, first I've been able to post since the end of night. Sucks that we lost the cop, but at least we got a mafia down. Now, just a couple of things.

First, now that he mentions it, Marshy has a good point. A 1 time lynch-proof role essentially ends the day with a no-lynch, when McFox has us lynching every day due to his timetable. He may either be independent or just trying to avoid a lynch, so let's keep that in mind.

Also, I think to answer the question about Marshy living earlier, we have one of two options. Either A. Marshy is mafia(which I find less likely at this point), or B.The mafia was worried the doc was on him.

Finally, Pythag, I see where you're coming from on Macman and I'll keep it in mind. However, the same argument could be made about me, so it's not a strong enough argument IMO.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think that can be used against you mentos, because that would require someone saying "the cop is probably a giraffatitan" and then you posting at the end.
Plus you weren't at the tail end of the name claim, nor did go back to being inactive. You were an active part of the post nameclaim. Macman hasn't been stirring up much conversation if I recall correctly.
I would still place him as scummier than you.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Mentos: Believe what you will, but if I wanted to avoid getting lynched, then I claimed the wrong role.

Also Mentos: You similar claim is actually much less suspicious to me. Not only did you claim relatively early on, you also participated openly in the discussion afterwords. As Pythag said, Macman is looking much shadier.

Top Bottom