• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
macman what other suspicious stuff in particular isn't getting enough attention from us? i don't disagree and have to reread the thread and urge everyone else to do so in hopes of finding something. it's like toDay has just been you and pythag arguing and a yaya bandwagon. that's not unimportant at all but more should be said.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I will say, the yaya bandwagon seemed to be more about pressuring him to post than actually bandwagoning the vote. I solely voted to put him 2 away from the hammer so he would actually say something. I do agree thought, today has just been that argument pretty much, nothing else has really occurred>_>

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
It sucks that KevinM died. It'll just make finding Mafia's a bit harder.

While it's good that Ronike died, there is only one small problem: he knew what Marshy was trying to do. And he did it without even nameclaiming, so this could mean we may have some liars in the car. period (sorry, too lazy to look up the name >< ).

Before I say more, here's some things we may need to look at.

Doesn't this dino look familar? It looks really close to KevinM's dino. Maybe a different type, but the same family tree. Also, check out Lombardi's

So if the case with KevinM is the same as this, then it could mean that one of them could be the mafia. Further investivation may be needed on this.

As far as who killed Ronike, I'm sure it was a SK. Vigilantes newbie and pro should know not to waste a bullet unless it was somewhat certain, especially if they have 2 or 3 bullets.
Since pythag didn't leap on the smashbot bandwagon, I really think he's town. This puts even more suspicion on Lombo for his nameclaim post, IMO.

If he flips town, we don't get much, but that's true for everyone else. If he flips maf, I really think we have enough information to win. We get two cleared townies, and a huge FoS on Rockin. If Lombo was maf, he would certainly have tried to implicate another maf before getting lynched so we would think that second maf was innocent for the remainder of the game. vote: Lombo

That was post # 343, when he had six votes.

Post 328

Strange wording there. Why not say, "I'd rather you know ..." or "I'd rather you see for yourself ..." In fact, looking back, that whole post is confusing me. Is he trying to get lynched? Maybe he's a maf that needs to be lynched twice.
kevin :(

rockin i'll point out that your claim is similar to yaya's in both having birdlike features.

i think yaya could be an independent. again looking up falcarius several sites describe it as kind of a link between carnivorous and herbivorous dinos which i think would make for a fair independent role.

also some things hit me about lombo's lynch-proof claim. obviously mcfox wants this game to finish before he leaves so i wonder why he'd add a 1 time lynch-proof role when that directly holds up the game? i think a likely answer is that lombo could be an independent and having that person be able to survive a lynch/nightkill once could help offset the difficulty in surviving until the end, or whatever their win condition is. assuming he isn't lying.

1048 pythag did join the smashbot bandwagon and i don't think anyone who may've defended smashbot before he died is necessarily Town.
Just these things that people have said.
[You probably should go to their original posts to see who they were quoting]

Yaya

Smash Champion
Okay, sorry guys.

I know this sounds really scummy right now, with the accusation from Marshy, but I have completely lost interest in this game.

I'm sorry, guys.

Replace me with Medi.

Yaya

Smash Champion
*Sigh* I guess I can tough it out, sorry for that, guys.

Well, really, one of the reasons I wanted to quit is because the way this is being played disgusts me.

Everything so far this game has been circling around the name claim.

The ****ing nameclaim, the town result on smashbot should prove that we can't trust everything from the nameclaim, my dinosaur, like Kevin's dinosaur, does eat meat, but it was fairly minor.

I like your determination, Marshy, I think your town, but you are a little off track.

Smash Master
Just pointing out I was completely wrong in the post you quoted about Pythag not jumping. It turns out that McFox had Pythag listed as voting both for Lombo and smashbot, and once I saw his name as one of the two people still voting for Lombo, I automatically assumed he didn't vote for smashbot. Since he did go after smashbot (albeit just like the rest of us), he's no longer clear IMO, which means that Lombo is not as suspicious for his mid nameclaim post.

I've changed my mind since that post, due to information previously overlooked.

Smash Master
Yaya, if you don't like nameclaim-based analysis, do some alternative analysis of your own to bring to the table. Go find out who Ronike defended or something.

We only have three pieces of evidence right now:

1.) Who accused/defended smashbot
2.)Who was accused/defended by Ronike
3.) How did people act pertaining to the nameclaim

You want us to toss #3, fine. Then go find something relevant about 1 and 2.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
agreed with 1048 and that goes for everybody. i've been trying to post less toDay and to give everyone a perspective i think i posted 60 times d1 and 4 times toDay so far including this post.

also i ignored macman's question. i think it's more important to not only off the sk but all indies at this point. mafia bandwagoning people is something to look for but with indies around and mafia thinking they're Town, it gives Townies a lot more doubt to the nearly lynched player's alignment when mafia bandwagons anybody. for example if toDay 9 players all agreed that player X should be lynched, i think a Townie would be inclined to not want to lynch player X since they're most likely not mafia considering that'd mean the mafia would most likely be betraying one of their own members. however with indies around it serves more to confirm that players aren't mafia more than it does to distinct whether or not they're town or indy.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Rockin's right, I got back from spring break to learn that I have a program due yesterday actually that we were supposed to have a month on. I have a day. Two after I got the extension. So yeah, sorry for the lurking. I have been reading, but I feel I would be interfering and thus remove valuable information by interupting either of the big arguments (not mention I need to get back to programming ASAP and thus don't have time to get into a big argument), so I'm not going to touch Mac v Kev or 104 v Lombo.
Here we see Ronike agreeing with Rockin, who *gasp* has similar features to my dinosaur?

I can't remember off the top of my head who said it, but someone said they've never seen you go after a nameclaim this hard Marshy. I agree with them. I know you are often one of the biggest proponents, but this is ridiculous! You are threatening to force everyone into a nameclaim, or else "they are bad" basically!

McFox said at the begining of the game there are some independents vying to reach there own goals, well, if I had to blindly pick a person thusfar who seems like they have there own agenda, its definetely you. You are going after this whole thing WAY to hard. So FOS there. I'd vote, but frankly Im not sure if Ill be on again, and I don't like leaving votes on...
Now we have Ronike going after Marshy, it's far too early in the game for a bus, in my opinion, this is why I believe Marshy is town.

Secondly, lets face facts: there were WAY more than 13 species of dinosaurs out there. Plenty of them were herbivores. There would be tons of roles for the mafia to fake claim. Sure, someone might slip up, but as Kevin said, we are then giving the mafia a bunch of info for little cost. Which brings me to my next point, roles.

Though the roles in this game may be slightly harder to figure out, its prolly not going to be that hard. An amphibian dino will be lynch proof once, a big dino will have two votes or be a doc/bodyguard, and a plated dino will be night immune. And thats without going on wikipedia and looking up the different types of dinos. So again, we don't want to hand the mafia info they can then type.
Now here's Ronike listing possible choices for Mafia. We should probably go into more depth for name claims to find any thing like that.

This was all from one post.

Logic FTW.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
also a lot of that depends on what the indy's role is. if they claim something that's verifiable then mafia may be more important. the question is really vague.

ILLEGAL EDIT: aimed at my last post

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
NO! No lynch is terrible! We just come to the next day with no new info and a dead townie or two! FOS on Niiro for suggesting it.
I found this when searching Ronike's posts. This does not seem like an honest suspicion. Perhaps he was trying to make himself appear to be suspicious of his mafia ally? It almost looks that way to me.

We do know that he didn't honestly oppose a no lynch, as mafia loves those.

Smash Master
Why would Niiro suggest a no lynch and Ronike not suggest a no lynch if they were both scum? Wouldn't the optimal strategy swing one way or the other?

Smash Master
Also, I believe Rockin has made only two posts the entire D2. One of them was literally just:

"omivore

10mafias"

if I'm not mistaken.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Rockin seems awfully inactive and trying to avoid people paying attention to him. McFox prod him. 2 posts and one of them being less than 10 characters is way too inactive.

Vote Rockin

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin seems awfully inactive and trying to avoid people paying attention to him. McFox prod him. 2 posts and one of them being less than 10 characters is way too inactive.

Vote Rockin
KK, I would suggest you stick with your vote. Constant leaping on each person as a vote seems scummy (or at least, that's what been told on that Mafia site)

Anyway, reason is that I really don't know what to add. I mean, I espressed my feelings towards Mentosman and Pytha's name claim, as well as Macman's claim.

So yeah, I rather just keep quiet and think for smart things to say or I could just say random mombo jumbo and not have any intellect in my statements/arguements at all.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I think we as a town are unorganized. There are a bunch of things to go over and people keep adding on more. [Which is good, because it is always good to have material.] However the constant jumping around does not allow us [atleast for me] come to solid conclusions.

So i think we should create a list and focus on one thing at a time.

My claim similar to KevM's
Yaya's claim similar to rockin, also being an omnivore
Mentos and pythags claim
Pythags weird theory, though he dropped it.
Niiro and Ronike no lynch thing

Which should we focus on first?

I also thank marshy for answering my question. Because I think whether lynching an SK or Mafia definitely matters. Especially when we have someone like yaya, who is more likely of being SK than mafia because of his role.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
1048: because i noticed yaya's new post seconds after i posted that.

i don't necessarily agree with rockin. this is just like macman justifying what he said earlier with what he had read off of mafiascum. i think kk's explained his reasoning with each vote and is one of the few players who actually uses it to try and get answers. i actually agree with some of his reasoning so i don't mind him continuing it, and think a lot of players may be thinking too hard about trying to sound smart instead of just being open and voting people when they think they see something suspicious hence the inactivity

Niiro

Smash Ace
Seriously, you guys never ever explained why a no lynch is so bad. Can someone tell me why?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Seriously, you guys never ever explained why a no lynch is so bad. Can someone tell me why?
It's pretty simple.

a no lynch gives the mafia (and SK) a free shot at hitting us. This also give us nearly little to no info for day 3. We would have no new information at all.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I guess lol. But in the case of smashbot, we didn't have any evidence against him, and we just really voted him off for being inactive. If we went no-lynch there, that guy coulda subbed in for smashbot and put us at an advantage.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
not necessarily, i think we'd still be irritated at his unresponsiveness. plus the same could be said for pushing his being replaced instead of lynching him

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I guess lol. But in the case of smashbot, we didn't have any evidence against him, and we just really voted him off for being inactive. If we went no-lynch there, that guy coulda subbed in for smashbot and put us at an advantage.
But we would've STILL been stuck with D1 knowlege and the fact we might've held smashbot in suspicion.

D1 is never good for a no lynch. D2 shouldn't be a good day either.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Votes Thus Far - D2

Yaya (4) - Marshy, Mr.Lombardi34, Macman, mentosman8
Rockin (1) - karthik_king

48 hours and 3 minutes to deadline!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I swear you guys are sucking at this. The deadlines coming up and nothings being done at all. I hope you all didn't just lose interest. We need to really step it up.

Anyways I think we should just go for a yaya lynch today, since it seems like you guys are refusing to talk about anything of merit.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Umm, I thought you guys were just pressure voting me...

Ronike agreed with Rockin, and Rockin has similar features to my dino, as I previously showed.

Vote: Rockin

It's either him or me today.

Smash Master
What about Pythag; his dino was similar to someone's as well.

The problem is there are too many suspicious people.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree its probly our best bet to go rockin or yaya today... Also, to the conversation on the no lynch, remember its not even an option in this game(short of lynching lombo due to his role) so we don't have to worry about the pros and cons

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
since mafia milkway is over i'll expand on why i saw rockin as suspicious.

rockin you saw that i was the only player pushing for a nameclaim d1 in mafia milkway. being the mod you obviously knew i was Town. i pushed for a nameclaim d1 in this game and then jumped on an opportunity to cast suspicion on me with something along the lines of "Marshy's acting pretty weird...".

if my d1 Town playstyle in that game (push for nameclaim to at least start arguments) is consistent to how i've played in this game, how does that show that i'm acting weird?

what do people think about it either being a yaya or rockin lynch toDay? we need to give each other info to work with.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
can lombo and macman expand on their reasoning for voting yaya? it seems that it was first a pressure vote then they just left it on for who knows what reason. i think it's strange that macman said that voting yaya was a cop out for a weird nameclaim yet he hasn't unvoted. mentos also said it was just for a response and hasn't unvoted yet either despite posting since yaya posted.

also i think that anybody who's very near a lynch close to a deadline (that is, nearly guaranteed that they're gonna die) should say who they see as most suspicious and most trustworthy. if they flip Town then it's a last "words of wisdom" kinda thing. if they flip Mafia it should probably be ignored. if they flip Indy then probably ignore it too though i guess it depends whether or not you can tell if they still prefer a Town win. i think it should most likely be ignored though.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
It's a cop out because the reason of voting yaya would be based completely off of his nameclaim.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
since mafia milkway is over i'll expand on why i saw rockin as suspicious.

rockin you saw that i was the only player pushing for a nameclaim d1 in mafia milkway. being the mod you obviously knew i was Town. i pushed for a nameclaim d1 in this game and then jumped on an opportunity to cast suspicion on me with something along the lines of "Marshy's acting pretty weird...".

if my d1 Town playstyle in that game (push for nameclaim to at least start arguments) is consistent to how i've played in this game, how does that show that i'm acting weird?

what do people think about it either being a yaya or rockin lynch toDay? we need to give each other info to work with.
There was a bit of difference between this game and the Milkyway game.In the Milkyway game, there was several amounts of discussion. In terms of what kind of characters there are and what the possible theme was (which was slightly surprising. I thought the hostess, Rosalina, would give out some sort of clue as to what theme it may be based off of). In the end, you mentioned a nameclaim and that seemed sensible.

Then, in this game, the first discussion brought up was a nameclaim and it was RIGHT off the bat. To me, it felt weird, especially since Nowhere Man (where I was a Mafia) and Mafia Milkyway that you didn't push the claim so hard so quick. It almost made me think you had some special role or mission.

After a thought over, I thought I just try to do a soft nameclaim, putting down a hint on a post. I think it went along the lines of 'I'm pecky confused, but I know I'm a dino.' This is when you called me really dense for some reason. I was really against the nameclaim, but I soon gave in.

The thing is, I know I've been a bit inactive, but that's only because I don't really have much good to share that has already been mentioned. I'll be a bit more active from this point.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Unvote: Yaya

I guess I forgot my vote was ever on him. I feel no need to continue pressuring him now that he's actually spoken.

Also, I that Rockin should at least be pressured as of now. I found him suspicious day 1, and Marshy brings up an excellent point.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I was under the impression that we were voting yaya because his dino ate both meat and veggies. And that was almost definitely an what one would expect the SK to be.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I was under the impression that we were voting yaya because his dino ate both meat and veggies. And that was almost definitely an what one would expect the SK to be.
Technically, my dino also eats both meat and plants. I think Any Omnivores that McFox picked out, he either put them as either Townie or Mafia. But then again, it could be possible a Omnivore is a SK.

Top Bottom