• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Mafia - Peeves/Mafia WIN!

Yaya

Smash Champion
Yaya enters the room, to see a passed out Niiro, he rolls his eyes and mutters under his breath, "****ing idiot..."

He walks forward and slams his foot down on Niiro's gut, he then proceeds to go play Rock Band 2 Expert Drums.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
karthik_king walks into the room and sees Niiro on the ground. "What a fool. Leviocorpus."! We see Niiro above the ground suspended in the air as everyone else laughs at him

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I originally listened to what Tom requested, but I noticed a lot of people from the other game were not following that.
I appreciate that you initially tried to follow my request. I understand that you didn't want to sit out because you were nice and other people took advantage of that. I will have to get together with Eor and think of a way to make sure people don't join too many games at a time, restricting other players from playing.

Good luck to everyone!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I will be sending out roles shortly. The game does NOT begin when you get your role, but when I make an opening post. Do not start playing until I officially start the game.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Welcome to Harry Potter and the Deathly Mafia. This is a game for 16 players. Role PMs have gone out, but I have a few clarifications before we begin:

1. There are night actions in this game, but there are also a mixture of magical artifacts and spells that players have or can discover that can be used as special powers. You activate these powers by PM'ing me, but they do not go into effect until I have a chance to review them and post to make them active. Do not complain to me that I didn't do something exactly when you wanted me to. I cannot be available all the time to activate powers, so it's best to send me those sorts of PMs in the evenings.

2. This game is a mafia game, but I have rolled up some adventure elements into it. Each night you may choose one location from the list below and you will visit it. You make your choice through a PM to me and you may add in a "whisper" to that PM. That whisper may be heard by other players in the same location, but there are ways in which they can be blocked or go unheard. You may also find new locations or special magic artifacts through exploration, so I suggest that you make the most of the adventure elements and explore as much as possible. If you don't find an artifact first, your enemies may find it and use it against you!

3. There are also some traps and pitfalls hidden in certain locations. Some areas may seem like an obvious choice to explore first, but you may find yourself hindered as a result. Explore bravely, but wisely. None of the traps or pitfalls can kill you and remove you from the game.

4. There is not a jester in this game, so feel free to scumhunt as much as you'd like. That's not to say that some roles might not frustrate your efforts, but you do not have to fear the lynch. It is always in your favor to lynch someone you think is scum.

5. Be ACTIVE. I design games to punish players that are inactive. You cannot hide in this game through inactivity, I promise you. So go on the offensive or risk total failure.

6. This is a world of magic, don't trust everything to see, hear or think. Make the best judgement you can based on the information you have, but don't get stuck in your ways. I have built traps into the game that punish you for trusting entirely in night actions to win. Let me make this perfectly clear the town must scumhunt to win and the mafia must get the town to attack themselves to win. You cannot win by relying on your night actions

7. Please have fun, be respectful and remember not to communicate with anyone outside of the game or inside the game, about the game, unless your role PM gives you permission to do so. Death is not necessarily permanent, since this is a world of magic, so please do not even communicate with other players who have died. Please do not contaminate the game by breaking this rule.

With that said... let's get started:

"Welcome to another school year at Hogwarts, the world's greatest school of witchcraft and wizardry!" said the headmaster as the students gathered in the great hall. Just as he started his speech and terrible rumbling sound was heard all around the magical ceiling of the room grew dark. Suddenly hundreds of students and teachers vanished and a mocking laugh was heard by those who remained.

"You WILL bow before the Dark Lord before this is all over," Voldemort's voice echoed in the hall. "I have banished the others to limbo while I hunt the rest of you here in Hogwarts. You are trapped here and I will capture, kill or submit the rest of you. I am all-powerful. You cannot escape."

A tingling sensation passed over the people in the room and suddenly, they could not recognize each other. They could not tell who was friend and who might be foe! Trapped in Hogwarts, the town-aligned players must hunt down the Death Eaters and kill them before the Death Eaters did the same to them. It was a game of magical mafia and the fate of the world hung in the balance.

Knowing that Hogwarts holds a great many mysteries, those gathered in the great hall scattered, in search of items and locations that might be helpful to them. Here are the locations available during the first night:

1. Transfiguration Classroom
2. Quidditch Field
3. Dumbledore's Office
4. Defense Aagain the Dark Arts Classroom
5. Library
6. Potions Classroom
7. Snape's Office
8. Griffindoor Dorm
9. Black Lake
10. Dungeon
11. Courtyard
12. Filch's Office
13. Slytherin Dorm
14. Hagrid's Hut
15. Ravenclaw Dorm
16. Charms Classroom
17. Owlery
18. Girls Bathroom
19. Astronomy Tower
20. History of Magic Classroom
21. Forbidden Forest
22. Transfiguration Classroom
23. Herbology Greenhouse
24. Moving Staircases
25. Magic Maze
26. Hospital Wing
27. Quidditch Stands
28. Castle Gates
29. Hufflepuff Dorm
30. Hogwart's Express
31. Great Hall

Night falls. Night 0 begins. Your night actions are due by Sunday night at 11:59pm Eastern or you will not do anything and you will be counted to just be in a neutral hallway for the night.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
M3D Mod Edit:

There will be NO lethal actions on N-Zero. No one will die before they have a chance to participate.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Ok folks. Night Zero actions should be in now. I had to go to work early today, so I'll resolve the night actions and send result PMs tonight. Good luck to all.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
The wizards and witches gathered back in the Great Hall as the sun began to come up over the castle of Hogwarts. As they entered the room they heard a horrible screaming:

"Superstar and Marshy are in the girl's bathroom!" shrieked Moaning Myrtle from somewhere down the hallways.

Looking all around, the people in the room realized that if they were going to discover the Death Eater's hidden among them, they would have to use their wits, not just their magic, to do so. Good old-fashioned scum-hunting, with a little bit of magic to help, was the only way they would defeat Lord Voldemort.

Day breaks. Day 1 begins.

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Some of you may have discovered artifacts or clues during the night. If you so choose, you may pass any object in your possession to another player during the day. You can do this publicly by posting "Give (ITEM): PLAYER NAME" or you may do so privately by sending me a private message.

Good luck to all and happy hunting.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm actually surprised more people did not go into the bathroom, considering it's ties to Slytherin's Lair, but then again, I could also see why people wouldn't because there might be a trap.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, Yaya's got the idea down. Now we just need to give the mafia some veritaserum and do a name-claim for it to workXD

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm actually surprised more people did not go into the bathroom, considering it's ties to Slytherin's Lair, but then again, I could also see why people wouldn't because there might be a trap.
By 'Slytherin's Lair' do you mean the Chamber of Secrets?

smashman90

Smash Lord
Yes. I could have sworn it was called by both though.
It was probably a good thing that nobody went to the Chamber. It was probably booby trapped. I think we should go to some places like the Chamber as a group. We should have somebody who's skilled at removing traps and somebody who can speak Parseltongue(or whatever that snake language is called)

smashman90

Smash Lord
Wait a tick, who says they were doing something perverted in the first place? Maybe the boy's bathroom was closed and the girl's bathroom was the only one open? Or maybe they were searching for Myrtle? Could you two please elaborate what you two were doing in the ladies bathroom?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The only two people taht can speak parseltongue are Harry and Voldemort. So we'd have to wait for that one I guess.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It was probably a good thing that nobody went to the Chamber. It was probably booby trapped. I think we should go to some places like the Chamber as a group. We should have somebody who's skilled at removing traps and somebody who can speak Parseltongue(or whatever that snake language is called)
I think you are confusing this game with the one called Escape. As far as I know, even if we go to X location and someone else goes to X location, we would not be working as a group but as parallel individuals.

Wait a tick, who says they were doing something perverted in the first place? Maybe the boy's bathroom was closed and the girl's bathroom was the only one open? Or maybe they were searching for Myrtle? Could you two please elaborate what you two were doing in the ladies bathroom?
Everyone was able to make a move last night, and I bet almost everyone did, so Marshy and Superstar shouldn't have to explain what they were doing in the ladies bathroom. (Ladies Bathroom seems to just have the side effect of Moaning Myrtle announcing a who-goes-there. ) I made a move last night and simply because their choices were announced in the flavor doesn't mean they should have to claim where they went over my having to claim where I went, or anyone else having to claim where they went.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, its a possibility that when you go somewhere that leads somewhere else, like the Girls Bathroom possibly leading to the Chamber of Secrets, you make the first move in the first night, get the results, and the second night you can continue further.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, no to Marshigio. I am willing to weigh the pros and cons of a Day 1 no lynch in this game and I can see it as a viable option.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I think you are confusing this game with the one called Escape. As far as I know, even if we go to X location and someone else goes to X location, we would not be working as a group but as parallel individuals.
No. M3D said that there are traps in this game in certain locations. Chances are with a place like the Chamber of Secrets, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a trap or two hidden there.

And I agree with Tom, although d1 no lynches are crappy they are still a viable option if we can't decide on somebody.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Agreed with Tom. Although D1 no lynches are generally terrible, there are pros and cons depending on how things play out and we should judge it as time goes on. As of right now I would lean toward being against it, but depending on how the day plays out we'll have to see.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
No. M3D said that there are traps in this game in certain locations. Chances are with a place like the Chamber of Secrets, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a trap or two hidden there.
And what makes you think that two players going into a trapped area, "as a group," would be better than one player going into a trapped area?

smashman90

Smash Lord
And what makes you think that two players going into a trapped area, "as a group," would be better than one player going into a trapped area?
Who said that Superstar and marshy went in as a group? As for people going into a trapped area, if a person has a spell capable of defeating said trap then he'll be there ready to save a fellow teammate. One of us here must have some sort of anti-booby trap spell.

Top Bottom