• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Mafia - Peeves/Mafia WIN!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It's also important to note that the Moody who was using it was actually the evil Barty Crouch Jr. in disguise as Mad Eye Moody. That's why he saw Dumbledore et. al. when he looked in the foe glass.

Mentosman, you might have discovered an item that could act like a cop investigation or give flavor clues. I'm eager to hear more, but make sure you wait until you can get everything right and accurate.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I just found out how to check my pms on here. When I looked at it I saw yaya(nothing about the whites of his eyes). Something to discuss, but once again it is debated in the book how useful these artifacts really are, so its definitely nothing for sure, but something to get us going on d1 here. Also, I'll look more at tom's super posts when I get home and see if I have anything to say there.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
agreed with the warning about the item stealing but i'll point out that there're 2 possibilities that come with it. in m3d's other game i'd (dead) steal a certain item that players weren't actually aware that they had because it didn't affect them in any way but they'd be pmed that it was stolen. it benefited Town to reveal it in the thread. that's different from an actual item being stolen but i still think it'd most likely benefit Town for people to speak up about a real item being stolen in case of a role being more similar to that. given that i've only seen my role in m3d's game and the artifacts and spells flying around i think it's def possible that both could be in this game, though the latter doesn't necessarily have to be an independent and it could be one of the 1-shot artifacts or spells.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I can't quote the PM, but it wouldn't help anyone. All it told me was pretty much you see yaya in the glass. Also, if anyone else went to the same place and saw the glass, let me know, I got an anonymous whisper while I was there as well(nothing useful information wise or anything, just a phrase that could confirm who all visited the same room if we all heard it.)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I think he wants know if someone else went to where he was by having them say the phrase.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i think he would want to wait and see if anyone wants to say the phrase [letting us know that they were also there] before he tells us what it was.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I want to wait a bit and see if anyone else heard it, either to confirm to them I was there or vice-versa. If there's nothing that comes up for a while I'll post it, for now I want to use it to see if anyone else visited(So if they saw the glass I can tell that they were really there to see it and not making something up)

smashman90

Smash Lord
Yeah, I want to wait a bit and see if anyone else heard it, either to confirm to them I was there or vice-versa. If there's nothing that comes up for a while I'll post it, for now I want to use it to see if anyone else visited(So if they saw the glass I can tell that they were really there to see it and not making something up)
Maybe it was Yaya who was there and that was why the foe glass showed yaya on it.

Anywho, we know at least that it can't be Marshy or Superstar since they were at the girls bathroom. And it can't be Mentosman considering he was the one who heard it unless by some random *** chance he is Professor Quirrel (sp) and he heard Voldemort muttering something from the back of his head. So that leaves us with about 13 possible suspects of who was in there with Mentosman.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
There is also a chance it wasn't anyone actually whispering, but a flavor type of thing in the room. With all the ghosts/pictures/etc in Hogwarts that can talk, there is always a chance I was in there alone and heard a non-included character saying something(perhaps a little easter-egg randomly placed to allow confirmation if someone else was in the room)

smashman90

Smash Lord
There is also a chance it wasn't anyone actually whispering, but a flavor type of thing in the room. With all the ghosts/pictures/etc in Hogwarts that can talk, there is always a chance I was in there alone and heard a non-included character saying something(perhaps a little easter-egg randomly placed to allow confirmation if someone else was in the room)
But if there was a ghost, then wouldn't you have seen him/her? Same goes for the paintings, didn't you notice any of the characters in the paintings move about and conversing?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I suggest the possibility, because if it was another person I should have found out they were there, as I doubt if there was someone there whispering I would hear them and not see them. It's possible that's how the game is working, I'm just saying it is possibly a flavor thing. If nobody else claims to have been there, it is something we should consider as a possible move to confuse M3D put in. There is also the chance that it is a role-specific power where they can whisper to a certain player(a la spy on EpicMafia, with player instead of role since that would be somewhat overpowered on a forum-based game) that hit me. My main point is if no one else claims to have been in the same room we might have some flavor and/or ability that makes anonymous messages.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Hi, I'm here.

I got "crucio"ed last night. It seems to have been some kind of roleblocking.

For various reasons, I'm rather confident that the target will know they've been roleblocked with crucio whether or not they performed a night action.

I think it would be smart if, from now on, whoever is hit with the crucio curse each night reports it in the thread. Since it is an unforgivable curse, any role who used it regularly each night would almost certainly be mafia.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, I'm not sure if we should always report it. It may help the mafia choose targets, there may be some immune to it, etc, and it's likely better to not tell. We know it's out there and unless we know who is using it it doesn't really help at all and chances hurting.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hi, I'm here.

I got "crucio"ed last night. It seems to have been some kind of roleblocking.

For various reasons, I'm rather confident that the target will know they've been roleblocked with crucio whether or not they performed a night action.

I think it would be smart if, from now on, whoever is hit with the crucio curse each night reports it in the thread. Since it is an unforgivable curse, any role who used it regularly each night would almost certainly be mafia.
Do you know if you heard someone saying it? It may throw out my wack idea.

Also, I'm not sure if we should always report it. It may help the mafia choose targets, there may be some immune to it, etc, and it's likely better to not tell. We know it's out there and unless we know who is using it it doesn't really help at all and chances hurting.
I highly doubt people are immune to spells unless it's a byproduct of some weird room and/or potion.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Crap, had so much to read. I suggest on the OP, to put links to each day/night scene for easier navigation later on. Either way, with that and the walls (which were good) I HAD to skim, but I got some stuff.

Yes, I'm a perv. XD I saw it in the list and went their for kicks, but something happened.

See, I was there, and Mertle was very annoying, but there was a sink with a snake engraved in it. Someone went to it, spoke parseltongue, and it opened. Next night I have the option to enter the Chamber of Secrets.

Question is, it is REALLY a good idea? XD From Mertle's annoying shriek it was likely Marshy, but from all I know he could be Voldemort, Harry, or Ron's possessed sister.

Also Yaya in the foe's glass is suspicious. I didn't read farther than the 4th book I think? And saw up to the 3rd movie methinks, so I don't know much. I don't remember ever hearing of a foe's glass, but description was enough. Might not be 100% reliable though.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, in the book it was said that some people could fend off the effects of the that and the imperius curse, so there's a chance that there is a person in the game who can do so as well(essentially wasting the mafia's power)

Superstar

Smash Champion
Oh, and pertaining to flavor, in a Mafia I hosted, I put a Dr. Phil Role in a Mushroom Kingdom post apocalypse flavor. Pro town doctor. Best part, they almost lynched him until someone mentioned that it was so dumb it had to be a true claim.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
someone spoke parseltoungue eh?
only death eaters know parseltoungue right? or is it only voldemort and harry potter?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
The foe glass was in book four Superstar, Moody had it among his many anti-dark-arts devices in his office. The way the book had it, figures were just shadows, then as the threat got closer/bigger they became clearer eventually becoming full images. The fact that I saw Yaya particularly is interesting, and I think if we can't decide on another lynch he may not be a bad idea, just to test the accuracy of it. I'm hoping someone else was in the room and heard the whisper/whatever I did so they can confirm the glass exists to everyone, but it doesn't appear so far anyone else was there and saw it. Also, it's interesting that Myrtle specifically pointed out Superstar and Marshy, and one of them opened the chamber. Probably information that shouldn't have been posted, but it is interesting.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Death Eaters do not know parseltongue. Only Harry Potter and He who must not be named are parseltongues.

Ronike

Smash Ace
And don't forget Ron. In the seventh book, Ron opened the chamber by mimicking the sounds Harry makes. Anybody who was in the room with mentos definitely needs to claim.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Wow, that was a good call I forgot about that. He went back there to get the sword correct?

Superstar

Smash Champion
Well, given how it's either Harry or Voldemort that speak Parsel Tongue, and how there are more townies than mafia, I thought it's pretty good 50/50 shot. But, in book two, Ron's sister, through "Tom's" diary, opened it...wait, Tom...XD [lol, I know it's random].

I didn't want to carry that into the grave, especially that I'm considering going into the Chamber of Secawets.

Bout book 4, I didn't read it clearly I guess.

Ronike

Smash Ace
No, to get the Basilsk fang as him and hermione figured it would be powerful enough to destroy a Horcrux.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
That doesn't mean he can speak it. Right basilisk venom is one of the few things that could do it, thanks for the clarification Ronike :)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
And don't forget Ron. In the seventh book, Ron opened the chamber by mimicking the sounds Harry makes. Anybody who was in the room with mentos definitely needs to claim.
Lol i don't remember this happening.
But thats some pretty dumb writing on Rowlings part if it did happen.

actually i remember now, that **** should have definitely not worked.

Ronike

Smash Ace
BTW, the thing is, its not a 50/50 shot. At best, theres a 2/3 chance we hit town power role (ron or harry) and a 1/3 chance we hit Voldy. However, we should also take into account the fact that maybe the room opens when visited no matter what, which further decreases our chances. So yeah, we should keep an eye on Marshy, but this by no means means we should lynch him.

Superstar

Smash Champion
BLEH, I might need to hugging role claim just to avoid later confusion.

<- Ron

But the PM said "someone else" opened it.

I was seriously debating this in this head. Might as well state I have no power role, though.

Superstar

Smash Champion
And I wasn't thinking of lynching Marshy. Just eye on him yadayada. Unless Harry decides to claim, in which case the best scenario would be to lynch him outright, and if it's fail lynch and happens to be Harry...lynch "Harry" outright.

ASSUMING standard Mafia power roles...of course.

Ronike

Smash Ace
*sigh*

Superstar, future reference, keep your role to yourself unless that is no longer an option.
However, this could be good in this case... It does change the odds of Marshy mafia to a bit lower than 50/50. Now then, I hate to rolefish, but I it could pay of big time... So, you say you aren't power role, but are you by chance, a mason with Potter? Yes or no only please. If you are, we don't want to know who Harry is. If you aren't a mason with Potter, it doesn't matter and just answer no.

Top Bottom