• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mac, rockin and his claim were extremely suspicious yesterday. If mafia had killed him it would have been a mistake since it could easily have been him getting lynched today. As for the role-claiming, I think now may not be a bad time to do so, but could also see the benefit of waiting until tomorrow. However, I'm sure doing so today will likely lead to at least one clear for tomorrow, so I vote we do it today.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
kinda long for an easy question. y/n on roleclaim? 104 and mentos are the only ones who've said anything about it

Smash Master
I'm leaning no, but I can't say why without tipping off the mafia, so I'll prolly be overruled.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whoa, Sorry I've been inactive. My computer crashed, and I had to drive back to school.
I'm thinking that roleclaim is probably the inevitable decision on this day.
With 2 cops down I don't know what any other way to gain workable information.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
So Macman, me, and Pythag(?) are for it today, 104 against it. Niiro, KK, Marshy(I didn't see you say one way or the other) are the three we've yet to hear from.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
also i think no one should actually roleclaim until everyone speaks up about it. this isn't a lynch

Yaya

Smash Champion
We're reaching the turning point in the game, I think we need this Massclaim.

Remember to include actions and the result.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I guess I'm for this. What does the "remember to include actions and the result" mean?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
As in if you have a role that gets information, or if you are a doctor, tell us who you investigated/protected/whatever, and what the results were for investigative roles.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No votes today.

karthik has told me that he has a personal matter that will make him absent, so I'm going to look into replacing him.

Smash Master
Well, we're only four days away from deadline. I suggest someone make a post.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i'll post before end of the day. wanna see what karthik/replacement has to say about the roleclaim before i give my thoughts. nobody should roleclaim before that

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
if that's the case then hell no.

everybody's said yes except me. unless you're telling me that i'm the last mafia and worked with ronike then it's obvious mafia wants this roleclaim.

2 cops are dead and it's likely that there're multiple protective roles as well. mafia can easily just say "i'm vanilla" and/or "i'm doc" and we'd be screwed if people actually fell for it. they wouldn't even have to trigger a counterclaim fight because we've seen 2 similar roles in this game.

vote mentos for pushing this idea the most

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marshy, first of all I didn't push the idea, I just suggested it so your vote is on terrible reasoning. Second of all, you aren't the only one against it(I forget who else was, but it was I believe 2 people against it and 4 for it before kk posted. Finally, the argument you've made against it is terrible. Sure, we had 2 docs, but most times mafia claim vanilla regardless, and that's not necessarily a counter claim. What I find strange is your over-exagerration of my "pushing" the idea, and how adamantly opposed to it you are. In fact, if there are multiple protective roles, and maf claims doc, then we would have 3 claims, lynch one and the maf couldn't kill the other without outing themselves. You're reasoning to be against this seems very weak, and your reasoning to vote me even weaker. I'm beginning to think rockin may have been insane and you just pushed the name-claim so hard to make yourself appear town. Please give me a real reason for voting me, instead of over-exaggerations and terrible reasoning.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i said you pushed it the most. you were the first person to suggest it and posted the most toDay about it.

as for who was against it i'm the only one who said "no not happening". another person did resist but said they'd do it if forced to much like people did during the nameclaim.

how can you say "but most times mafia claim vanilla regardless, and that's not necessarily a counter claim" like it's not a problem after i just said that they could do that? it's possible that there're vanillas left and they'll just be able to hide with them while gullible power roles out themselves even though the mafia has already shown that they endorse this roleclaim.

plus you pointing out that benefit pretty much eliminates the chance of it actually happening. there's most likely no reliable benefit to this roleclaim and if there is then the cons will outweigh it.

however i'll admit that i'm not sure with my vote on you. macman, pythag, karthik and yaya have all given us very little to work with toDay.

Smash Master
I was against it, but I didn't want to say, 'because we've lost two prs and only one vanilla, so mafia can claim vanilla' because that would only help mafia. Marshy already said it, though, so I guess I can say it too.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I see where you're coming from Marshy, and it to some extent makes sense. However, mafia may not want to claim, but recalled what happened to ronike when he held out against the name claim and how suspicious he looked and said ok to seem town like. I'm still not entirely sold that there's no point to it. In every game if it comes down to a role claim if town falls for it they're screwed. However, if we can think of another good way to get info before the deadline I have no problem not doing it.

Smash Master
Howabout you guys with the same genus dinosaur? Also, Pythag was under the gun for a little while D2. At some point I'll reread the thread since I can't remember why that was.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I am pretty sure that McFox would add something from the same genus. IMO, it is kinda suspicious when you are just asking for us to drop the argument >.>

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe it is suspicious for me to say. All I know is it won't help. Suspicious or not we should work another angle. Other things can be discussed, such as marshy's quick jump to suspect me for bringing up possibly role-claiming. Need be I'll tell you why I think we need to work other angles, but hopefully this post will suffice.

Niiro

Smash Ace
maybe you should let that other guy respond? He seems awefully content with letting you defend him.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
mentos i still think mafia would want this roleclaim anyway. it'd be so easy to cause confusion from their angle what with the roles we know are in this game.

and agreed with niiro.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Oh I've been around, I just haven't had much to say.

There however are some things I'm kind of concerned about. I'm going to post them in a few when I get the chance to organize my thoughts.

Yaya

Smash Champion
The only thing I guess I can really contribute is in my defense.

Rockin and I had similar features., but IIRC, we were not the same genus.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would like pythag to make a post, but I do have strong reason to believe we are looking to the wrong thing with the genus issue. I have attemted to mask the reason into one of my past few posts, I don't want to say it outright unless necessary however.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
unvote mentos vote macman

was it weird of me to vote mentos the way i did? not singling you out macman just want some stuff said about it from everyone. most likely'll go back to mentos sooner or later but eh

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I think we should do a roleclaim but I am not strongly for it due to the chance of someone just posing as another vanilla townie, however there is a chance of a screw up and we got a scumtell there.

Top Bottom