• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
It's a cop out because the reason of voting yaya would be based completely off of his nameclaim.
then if you think the only justification for voting yaya is his nameclaim and mcfox told us "nameclaim's not gonna win the game", then why is your vote still on him?

rockin you said there were several lines of discussion in mafia milkyway in 1) talking about the theme and 2) what kind of characters there are. we can't have a discussion in this game about 1 since everybody knows what the theme is, and we've been talking about 2 here meaning it seems that there's a small difference in what was being talked about in each game.

as for you saying that i pushed for it quicker in this game i think it's arbitrary considering it was d1 in each game when i suggested it but eh

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I don't really like letting go of my vote. I like having my pressure on someone. At the moment, it seems like there are quite a few suspicious people, but noone I am really convinced on so I see no need to switch my vote to someone else.

I just remembered, is everyone just overlooking the fact that yaya tried to get replaced?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
as for you saying that i pushed for it quicker in this game i think it's arbitrary considering it was d1 in each game when i suggested it but eh
Well really, you have to understand. This is like my 2nd time playing a themed mafia game, and I only played a total of 4 Mafia games in general (counting this). Really, I would consider the nameclaim to be a good after D1, cause we would have a good amount of information to go along with it.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
macman if yaya is only suspicious to you because of his nameclaim yet that isn't enough to warrant a lynch then what are you pressuring him to do?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
When did I say it wasn't enough to warrant a lynch? I just think that if we lynched based on that, it would seem like a cop-out.

I rather have my vote on someone than not have it on anyone.

Smash Master
vote Rockin

Too inactive D2 even after Lombo implicated you D1. Your dino, like Yaya's, is an omnivore.

I'm inclined to believe that Marshy is town given how Ronike acted towards him, and you cast suspicion on him D1 as well, so you are the most suspicious today, IMO.

Niiro

Smash Ace
vote Rockin

Too inactive D2 even after Lombo implicated you D1. Your dino, like Yaya's, is an omnivore.

I'm inclined to believe that Marshy is town given how Ronike acted towards him, and you cast suspicion on him D1 as well, so you are the most suspicious today, IMO.
Not nessisarily. They could just be like that to separate each of themselves from another.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
vote Rockin

It's not my fault I felt that a nameclaim so early was weird to me. Oh, and just so you know, I wasn't the only one. Few others have thought that it was weird and unnatural for Marshy to push so hard on the nameclaim, even KevinM. If one group of people was against it, a few would be like 'well, I'll only do it if some others do it,' and the rest was a bit of both. Again, I felt it was weird because it was brought up so early.

I would've said that ya could've just asked for a replacement in terms of myself, but since the deadline is so close....yeah. Like I said, I am sorry for being inactive. I just like to post when I have something good or worthwhile to say instead of random bamble that holds no purpose.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well

There's Macman for having the same type of Dino he had with KevinM. I mean KevinM himself pointed out that he could be in the same genes (or something...can't exactly remember what) as his own dino.

There was Lombardi, but only cause he suddenly stopped everyone from putting the final vote cause he said he's a bullet proof. Even me, was intimidated by this, but still felt he was lying at the time. Usually, a Mafia may say some other claim that can be helpful. For one to say that he's something that could hurt town upon a lynch is also a possible thing a Mafia could do. There was also the fact that he and Mentosman had the similar dino Lombardi himself pointed out. The reason why I'm not going after Mentos about this cause he doesn't give off a Mafiso vibe.

Yaya WAS slightly suspicious, but after careful thoughts, I put that thought down.

Tell me, why do you think of me so suspicious, numbers? I don't think I've done anything bad except been a bit inactive.

Smash Master
Mostly the fact that you hated on Marshy, and Ronike hated on Marshy.

I'm not suspicious of Lombo because Ronike pushed for his lynching.

Also, your dino is an omnivore (I think, I'll research later to be sure). Your pecky post proves nothing, since you could have just had your fake claim ready to go early.

I'm bad at quote tags, so I hape this one works at least...

for a d1 nameclaim from the start

Marshy- been pushing the entire time
Niiro- urges us to do it quickly to give mafia less time
1048578- he's been arguing for it
Lombo- said there's no harm done
karthik- said that he thinks most players will have well-known dinosaurs making it difficult for mafia to fake claim i think

goes with the flow/opinion has changed

Macman- has been suspicious of me and is personally against it because he thinks it takes skill out of the game but will do it with majority. i think it's a weak argument
Mentos- was originally against it but says he's starting to come around
pythag- same as mentos

against

KevinM- is supposedly skeptical because it could lead to a pattern but i've said why i think that's not enough
Ronike- like macman he seems to be suspicious of me and says i'm acting differently
yaya- against because of lasting wifom. think this is one of the weaker arguments and it's bulletproof
smashbot- said nameclaim helps mafia, then retracted and said mafia could always fake roles. that's true but he doesn't explain how it'd necessarily hurt us
rockin- says i'm pushing it way too hard and that i'm acting weird. doesn't explain what's wrong with pro-nameclaim reasoning

if i made a mistake show me
Post 217

Apparantly Marshy doen't think anyone else thought he was suspicious for pushing the claim.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm really quite stumped on this one. Each person is just as suspicious as the next.
I'm struggling to put together any sort of suspicions, mainly because of how things have played out.
It seems that everyone is at a relatively equal suspiciousness, and it just is going to be who gets bandwagoned at the end that dies.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Votes Thus Far - D2

Yaya (3) - Marshy, Macman, mentosman8
Rockin (3) - karthik_king, Yaya, 1048576

Deadline's at midnight tonight. And before anyone asks, under the current rules, if the votes are left as they are now, Yaya will get lynched.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
unvote: yaya

I really don't know who should be lynched tonight. I don't want yaya to get lynched because of me, since I do not have a solid opinion right now. And now people are saying that both rockin and yaya are omnivores so I am even more undecided.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Well

There's Macman for having the same type of Dino he had with KevinM. I mean KevinM himself pointed out that he could be in the same genes (or something...can't exactly remember what) as his own dino.

There was Lombardi, but only cause he suddenly stopped everyone from putting the final vote cause he said he's a bullet proof. Even me, was intimidated by this, but still felt he was lying at the time. Usually, a Mafia may say some other claim that can be helpful. For one to say that he's something that could hurt town upon a lynch is also a possible thing a Mafia could do. There was also the fact that he and Mentosman had the similar dino Lombardi himself pointed out. The reason why I'm not going after Mentos about this cause he doesn't give off a Mafiso vibe.

Yaya WAS slightly suspicious, but after careful thoughts, I put that thought down.

Tell me, why do you think of me so suspicious, numbers? I don't think I've done anything bad except been a bit inactive.
Okay, this defense is messed up big time. First of all, what is with the big paragraph about me? I never claimed a role that would hurt the town if lynched, and I don't see why you would even bring that up. Second, you were intimidated yet felt I was lying? What are you talking about?

Then you go on to mention my suspicion of mentosman while making no arguments with it. What does not going after mentos have to do with me?

And yes, Macman's dino was similar to KevinM's. Okay, do you feel that this action warrants a macman lynch? Is he suspicious enough for that?

Also, why did you feel the need to mention yaya as well? If you just magically decided he wasn't suspicious, then why is he even in a post about people you're suspicious of?

First you quickly spit out a tired argument about Macman without expanding on your suspicion at all. Then you make an argument against me that makes absolutely no sense (And you somehow manage to squeeze mentosman into there). Finally, you put in the apparently non-suspicious yaya into your post for no clear reason whatsoever.

Vote: Rockin

When asked who you were suspicious of, you named 2 people while barely putting up any arguments, and mentioned a few others (Possibly to make it look like you had more legitimate suspicions).

And also, the only thing suspicious about you was your slight inactivity? Hardy har har. You:

-Were one of the last to nameclaim
-Opposed the nameclaim until opposing it further would have made you stand out
-Went after marshy just as Ronike the scum did
-Made arguments out of nothing when I questioned you

We probably won't have much time to discuss who to lynch, but Rockin is my number 1 choice right now.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Really, I don't think neither me or Yaya should be lynch. Although it is understandable due tp us being omnivores. Again, I think for the Omnivores McFox put tthem as either a herbivore or a carnivore. I think a real independent would be a dino that could take care of himself alone.

Also, never hated on Marshy. I just didn't agree with the idea so suddenly. Infact, I know everyone else was the same way at first. It was slow, but everyone turned around for it. Yet despite that, no one didn't do it until Marshy willingly did it. So everyone else is on a similar boat. I just didn't like the idea, but I did however do it cause I had a change of heart.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, this defense is messed up big time. First of all, what is with the big paragraph about me? I never claimed a role that would hurt the town if lynched, and I don't see why you would even bring that up. Second, you were intimidated yet felt I was lying? What are you talking about?
Didn't you spoke of a Bulletproof role that you have? I say that would hurt town cause we wouldn't have gathered any information and D2 would be like D1. I just found it weird considered that you was very close to being lynched.

Then you go on to mention my suspicion of mentosman while making no arguments with it. What does not going after mentos have to do with me?
I think that part was my midstake. I rememeber you mentioning a picture similarity of Pythang and Mentosman. Again, sorry about that.

And yes, Macman's dino was similar to KevinM's. Okay, do you feel that this action warrants a macman lynch? Is he suspicious enough for that?
In a sense, yes it does, because if we're going by what Marshy said, we should also go by other ways as well. Come on, you have to admit that's pretty **** suspicious.

Also, why did you feel the need to mention yaya as well? If you just magically decided he wasn't suspicious, then why is he even in a post about people you're suspicious of?
Fine, if you must know, I am a cop. My role lets me investigate on the day time. Apparantly, McFox have out two cop roles. I first investigated Marshy and found he was a herbivore. This is why I had that 'change of heart' I spoke about. I then investigated Yaya on D2 and found he was also innocent. Despite this, I don't have anything I could really say that could help protect him/avoid him getting lynched, so I kept quiet about.

The best way I can prove myself that I I'm a cop is that the title says '=A- Cop has died.' not 'The'. A would mean that there was more then one of something.

This is why I am saying we shouldn't base on Omnivores alone.

And also, the only thing suspicious about you was your slight inactivity? Hardy har har. You:

-Were one of the last to nameclaim
-Opposed the nameclaim until opposing it further would have made you stand out
-Went after marshy just as Ronike the scum did
-Made arguments out of nothing when I questioned you

We probably won't have much time to discuss who to lynch, but Rockin is my number 1 choice right now.
- explained why, as I investigated Marshy
- look at the first.
- I never went after Marshy...just disagreed with him.
- Like I said, nothing really much to fight back with. I don't really have much to argue back, as if I was in your shoes, I would've found myself weird as well. Being that my dino is technically a omnivore. But I am, and will always be, a townie in this game.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
bah

unvote yaya

vote lombo

not sure of rockin's sanity but don't want to risk it just yet. i think it's time to call lombo's bluff

Smash Master
The thing is, if we are convinced that Lombo needs to be lynched, but then decide to wait, what happens if down the road when we have short deadlines because of this, and we don't have conclusive evidence like now? We have a month and a half to finish this game. Tomafia took almost two after day 1, and Omis' took about a month and a half, so length wise we are already pushing it. Unless someone here believes Lombo can truely change our minds with 2 days, I say let him post his defense, and then, unless something radical and gamechanging is brought up, take him down.
This is why I don't feel it's necessary to call Lombo's bluff. I admit I had a change of heart.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
1048 i was gonna respond to that with something along the lines of "it'd be so unnecessary to do it as mafia at this point" but at the same time i don't understand rockin's thought process at all considering how suspicious he's made himself. i may vote him yet

rockin when did you decide to investigate yaya toDay?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
To put it bluntly, I do not believe Rockin's claim at all. This game has 13 players, and that is an awfully small cast to justify 2 cops. Mcfox had a ton of interesting dino roles to choose from - Why would he put in 2 cops?

Also, Marshy, what made you change your mind so suddenly?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
1048 i was gonna respond to that with something along the lines of "it'd be so unnecessary to do it as mafia at this point" but at the same time i don't understand rockin's thought process at all considering how suspicious he's made himself. i may vote him yet

rockin when did you decide to investigate yaya toDay?
I investigated him on April 5th. I only did it cause I remember someone requesting a cop to investigate him, so I did. I think it was Mentosman.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
To put it bluntly, I do not believe Rockin's claim at all. This game has 13 players, and that is an awfully small cast to justify 2 cops. Mcfox had a ton of interesting dino roles to choose from - Why would he put in 2 cops?

Also, Marshy, what made you change your mind so suddenly?
I don't have much of a reason to lie, really. Even if I did live this, either the SK or Mafia is gonna hit me. I do get lynched (seems possible), then I want others to know that Marshy and Yaya are both herbivores.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Fine, if you must know, I am a cop. My role lets me investigate on the day time. Apparantly, McFox have out two cop roles. I first investigated Marshy and found he was a herbivore. This is why I had that 'change of heart' I spoke about. I then investigated Yaya on D2 and found he was also innocent. Despite this, I don't have anything I could really say that could help protect him/avoid him getting lynched, so I kept quiet about.
This is exactly what Tom said, and mindgamed me into voting for macman. D= In your game.
Well, either way, I do think that Rockin is not mafia for some reason, because to me, he seemed to have responded rather well to all the arguments that were given to him.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Yo, numbers, why you acting like you don't care about anyone? Your posts makes it seem like you're shelfish or something.
rockin was this intentional? after your "pecky confused" statement i have to ask. i don't remember anyone asking for yaya to be investigated.

lombo i'm hesitant on voting a potential cop because we can abuse it. we can tell him to investigate people and if he's wrong even once then that'll make for good discussion. plus i still think we should def lynch you before the game ends and since you're the go-to guy for a lynch with 6 and a half hours left then there i go. i admit that i'd jump on a mentos, pythag, or maybe macman bandwagon right now but i doubt that'll happen before the deadline.

Smash Master
Yeah, but if we lynch Lombo today and he's telling the truth, by tomorrow we'll likely be down to 8. Then if Rockin misleads us we'll very possibly be down to 5, including the SK and (again likely) two mafs. That's not a good situation.

If we lynch Rockin today and he's telling the truth, we'll go down to seven, but then we'll have a 60-80% chance of hitting scum or sk the next day, and the endgame looks much better.

Also, if Rockin is cop, then we have too many prs, IMO.

Niiro

Smash Ace
But if we hit rockin we lose another one of our cops. (if he is telling the truth)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
-Any cops should consider Yaya the Falcarius. Take 2 seconds to google their diets. Look around and you'll find that different sites label it as either meat-eating, plant-eating, or both. This seems like a good Indy role and coupled with the fact that he accused Kevin he's suspicious to me.
I think this right here was a request to do. I think there was another one. In any case, I'll keep checking.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree I am suspicious of Rockin's claim(A lot due to the timing he said he used on Marshy... He was one of the last to claim, and said he changed his mind due to investigating Marshy and finding he was an herbivore, but I have to question why he wouldn't have done so before the name-claim started and participated sooner to ensure he didn't look suspicious.)

Regardless, I think yaya is the most unsafe lynch for today now. If Rockin is real, then it's a townie lynch, and if he's fake it makes him look more real and puts us in a disadvantageous situation. Here's my take on our best two options.

Rockin: It's a reasonable lynch, especially with his claim being suspicious. If he is real, the doc would go on one of his innos at random and give us a clear for tomorrow. If he is fake, obviously we've lynched a maf, and go into tomorrow with 2 prime people to look into tomorrow.

Lombo: Obviously he still has his claim out there, and we will need to test it eventually in case he's bluffing. Coupled with the fact that we are VERY short on time, it may not give us any info, but it may very well be the best option for the day at this point.

With all that said, Unvote I will wait a bit to see which others think we should test before I cast my vote(Or in 2 hours I'll vote on Lombo in case Rockin is real.)

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm not so sure about what to do now. Rockin's claim seems like an odd one for scum to fake at this point, but I really don't think he's telling the truth. Mcfox is not some kind of newbie mod who would make the game unbalanced - If 2/13 players could find out the role of another player every night, then together they would know most of the roles very quickly. Still though, I'm very unsure here.

I will see how things play out and possibly change my vote, since I'll be on all night.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I really don't see why Rockin would lie though. He already knows that there is a cop, and yet he would still say he is a cop? I think Rockin is smarter than that.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So personally, I do not believe that Rockin speaking out against makes him suspicious. Simply because Marshy's behavior seemed scummy to me as well, and I was one of the major people speaking out against it.
Plus like someone previously said, why would McFox have a role like Lombo's if he is trying to make the game go fast.

I was looking at the pro's and cons of lynching each person:
Lynch Rockin and he's townie:
We lose a day-cop.
And Lombo still will be suspicious.

Lynch Rockin and he's scum:
We're that much closer to winning.
And Lombo still will be suspicious.

Lynch Lombo and he's townie:
We now have a confirmed vanilla townie.
and if Rockin isn't mafia, scum will probably want to get rid of him at night. Though thats going to bring up a WIFOM situation.
We can test to see if Rockin is telling the truth about him being a day-cop.

Lynch Lombo and he's scum:
We're that much closer to winning.
We can test to see if Rockin is telling the truth about him being a day-cop.
If lombo is mafia, Pythag and Mentos seem less suspicious because Lombo spoke out against them right away during the name claim.

I much rather risk lynching a one time-only kill immune person, than a potential day cop.

so vote: Lombo

Smash Master
It's a little too late to test Rockin's claim the next day. As I've said, if Rockin is lying, then by tomorrow we'll have 8, and by the next day we'll have five. Then we'll lynch Rockin, but what good will it do? Then there's two town, an SK, and a maf for night four. In that situation, town likely loses.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
It's a little too late to test Rockin's claim the next day. As I've said, if Rockin is lying, then by tomorrow we'll have 8, and by the next day we'll have five. Then we'll lynch Rockin, but what good will it do? Then there's two town, an SK, and a maf for night four. In that situation, town likely loses.
I don't know how it'll be too late. If the next day comes and I live (slightly fat chance, but still), then I could try my best to greatly help town. If not, then I would at least like to make sure that those two people I mentioned before are definitly herbivore.

Vote: Lombardi

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I kind of agree with 104 that it may be the best day to test Rockin today, but it also puts us down an extra townie if he's real. I'm still thinking Lombo is our best bet because Rockin waited until SO late in the deadline time we don't have a chance to discuss the reality of his claim very much. Let's try to get some good discussion in the last several hours.

Top Bottom