• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
xyro you are stupid and annoying

i wouldnt be surprised if you were cousins with lee harris

and no when the top 3 of the best character in the game is there and you are surprised they ***** then you're dumb

not only is he the best character but he was represented the best of all chars by far at this particular tournament
LMFAO

irritated jason is hilarious

Shao-tan

Smash Cadet
Meta Knight isn't broken. He's indeed the best character in the game, but it has several tough matchups which must be played with caution, like Wario(see http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230121), Snake, campy Falcos and Diddy.

The fact is: MK is beatable. MK isn't like Akuma or god tiers running around in other fighting games. Good Warios and Diddys have proven that already, therefore he shouldn't be banned.

I think pro-bans are crybabies trying to wipe out their tears here. Character bans are really rare and only happen in extreme situations, this just isn't. Metaknight is well represented by players and is also the best character in the game, that's why he's winning so much. Are people really not used to it after 7 years of Melee?

MK is just good, let him be.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Xyro's a much cooler person than M2K, for the record. Not to mention the fact that his argument isn't based entirely upon the need to main a broken character.

As for everyone preaching to TO's to ban MK at their events and ignore whatever the SBR's verdict is:

that's not how life works. We need this to be "SBR sanctioned" before we can give it the go ahead simply for the fact that many upcoming events this Summer will be going by the SBR ruleset, and if our rules aren't identical to those being used at national tournaments, one can logically deduce that we'll be set back a little as far as the competitive level goes, no?

NM banned MK for a pretty long time, and this led to us being ill-prepared for MK filled tourneys out of state. We're all for the MK ban, but not if it's going to lead to us being smited and destroyed by MKs when we leave our humble little town of Albuquerque ;P

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I can only laugh at the state of this topic now. Grow some balls people. I personally don't care if he breaks the counterpick system. I don't counterpick. It's just an excuse for players to give their attention to another character and therefore never actually get better at a matchup. No offense to anyone, but I strongly disapprove of it. (Not that it matters, you're the pros, continue your petty argument :) )

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Meta Knight isn't broken. He's indeed the best character in the game, but it has several tough matchups which must be played with caution, like Wario(see http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230121), Snake, campy Falcos and Diddy.

The fact is: MK is beatable. MK isn't like Akuma or god tiers running around in other fighting games. Good Warios and Diddys have proven that already, therefore he shouldn't be banned.

I think pro-bans are crybabies trying to wipe out their tears here. Character bans are really rare and happen only in extreme situations, this just isn't. Metaknight is well represented by players and is also the best character in the game, that's why he's winning so much. Are people really not used to it after 7 years of Melee?

MK is just good, let him be.
Have you even been reading this thread?
*looks at his smash character*
....nevermind.

And OS doesn't even win a lot with MK so he's not helping the situation at all.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
You shoulda seen that pressure h was under though, 100+ people cheering Shugo on. I was there, it was so cool.

But yeah, I lol whenever I see OS's sig.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I vote against him being banned. I beat MKs. Its not my fault Samus, Peach, and BAD ROB mains can't

Nic64

Smash Lord
oh, I'm not saying it proves anything, according to OS he doesn't even play the game outside of tournament anymore(unless this has changed), I'm just being a smart *** because I can

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Azen doesn't have a main. Personally, I think Azen is better than M2K due to his wide variety of characters he can win with. Look how close his match was with M2K. And that's a 60:40 matchup, MK:Lucario.

Shao-tan

Smash Cadet
Have you even been reading this thread?
*looks at his smash character*
....nevermind.

And OS doesn't even win a lot with MK so he's not helping the situation at all.
Yes, I've read 100 pages or something.

Just stating my opinion. Banning is too extreme for this case.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Also explain to me how almost ALL top players don't want him banned? There is no way its a coincidence.

Azen's Prime isn't better than M2K's Prime

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Has anyone ever noticed that it says page like 156 out of 158 but ther's no page 157? Weird. Or iit's always done that and i'm kinda dumb.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Azen doesn't have a main. Personally, I think Azen is better than M2K due to his wide variety of characters he can win with. Look how close his match was with M2K. And that's a 60:40 matchup, MK:Lucario.
M2K can win with multiple chars as well...just MK is the most "fun" or whatever to him

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey, the thread is glitching. I can only link to 165 but the header says there's a 166 and 167.

Also explain to me how almost ALL top players don't want him banned? There is no way its a coincidence.
You're right, there is a correlation.

Top players tend to understand how fighting games work.
People who understand how fighting games work tend to be skeptic of ban propositions.

Huh.

Nic64

Smash Lord
fiction was like belligerently arguing against the ban earlier lol o_O

Smash Master
The top players don't want MK banned because the "top" players are the ones who main MK.

Funny how that worked out, huh.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Hey, the thread is glitching. I can only link to 165 but the header says there's a 166 and 167.

You're right, there is a correlation.

Top players tend to understand how fighting games work.
People who understand how fighting games work tend to be skeptic of ban propositions.

Huh.
Another thing I noticed is that when the SBR voted, the majority was anti ban.

But when you let the average Joe vote, the majority is pro ban.

hmm....

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
The top players don't want MK banned because the "top" players are the ones who main MK.

Funny how that worked out, huh.
DEHF-Falco
ATOMSK-DDD
Fiction-Wario
OBM-G&W
LeePuff-G&W
Chudat-Kirby
Reflex-Wario
AfroThunder-Wario/snake
Vidjo-Fox/Peach
Anther-Pikachu

Just to name a few that don't main him. You clearly are making assumptions, so please stop.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, but that doesnt mean he's auto gonna win. Just means that he has better options in the match up.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Yea, but that doesnt mean he's auto gonna win. Just means that he has better options in the match up.
But I'm just saying that you could have used a better example. Such as Snake/Wario/Falco/Mr. Banana monkey, who all have even matchups.

Nic64

Smash Lord
snake and falco aren't even with MK at all, that being said, like TL and honestly most non-terrible characters, it's still winnable

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Falco goes even with MK??? didnt know that. But anyways.. it was clearly a joke.. people wont pick up TL to counter MK. But I feel that TL can fight MK evenly on the field, just gotta worry about not getting gimped. And I've come up with plenty of ways of preventing that from happening =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom