• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yeah, I used to be against the ban, but after he started stealing most of the top 10 spots of pretty much every major tournament....

Well, that there's a red flag to me. I say we ban him on trial. If it works out keep it, if it doesn't, then bring him back. I just can't help but feel like a lot of the "Anti-ban" voters just want to keep winning money with a broken character. =/

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Grab. CG to 200%. fthrow. That's less Gamebreaking than meta?

And see if you can go a game without Atomsk grabbing you. Please, even m2k gets grabbed by him nonstop.
I WOULD argue that it is less gamebreaking than Meta.
Why?

You can counterpick.

Pick anyone but those five characters, and you're safe. It's not your opponent's fault you picked DK.

You basically just invalidated your entire argument. Didn't you say a few pages ago that nobody cares about whether or not MK makes garbage characters unviable? Yet, you don't apply this logic to Dedede's CGs, when you can simply counterpick a character that doesn't get infinited, or better yet, a character that counters Dedede (Ice Climbers, Pikachu, Olimar, etc)?

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Umm.. Who the hell are you?
Oh, yeah. Another one. Class debater, and founder of a second anti-Mk group. But you wouldn't know, you just joined SWF. Before questioning, find out for your self. You'll save your self a lot of trouble.

Yeah, I used to be against the ban, but after he started stealing most of the top 10 spots of pretty much every major tournament....

Well, that there's a red flag to me. I say we ban him on trial. If it works out keep it, if it doesn't, then bring him back. I just can't help but feel like a lot of the "Anti-ban" voters just want to keep winning money with a broken character. =/
That's another aspect. But a temp ban would do nothing. It has no real effect considering Mk would be coming back...

Btw: Whats with the pages? There seem to be two or more pages that are not accessible.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I say no, because Ness can own any MK. I almost beat a meta knight player in a tourney but accidentally killed myself with PKT2 two or three times... and also, MK isn't that broken, just a lot of people can't play against him or aren't good. If you feel like banning a character from being used, get better at playing against him, OR use him yourself to annoy everyone else (not recommended. seriously, not recommended. there are already too many of them).

Oh, yeah. Another one. Class debater, and founder of a second anti-Mk group. But you wouldn't know, you just joined SWF. Before questioning, find out for your self. You'll save your self a lot of trouble.
Everyone knows who I am. Including the mods. (/awaits ban)

The fact that you DON'T know who I am, shows you're a nobody.

Class debater? Great. Awesome. Grats on turning old enough to drive a car.

Founder of anti MK group? I'm the founder of an anti YOU group. You have lots of little kids and whiny peaches to send MK away. I have scary *** black dudes, and tigers to send YOU away.

Before questioning ME, do some homework, superfudge.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Everyone knows who I am. Including the mods. (/awaits ban)

The fact that you DON'T know who I am, shows you're a nobody.

Class debater? Great. Awesome. Grats on turning old enough to drive a car.

Founder of anti MK group? I'm the founder of an anti YOU group. You have lots of little kids and whiny peaches to send MK away. I have scary *** black dudes, and tigers to send YOU away.

Before questioning ME, do some homework, superfudge.
Wow. What the hell got into you? I am a scary black dude.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Your regular account is bothersome.
At least I have the balls to not hide behind another account so that no one knows who it is that was reprimanded for inane arguments.

5k posts, and how many of those has one truely good player read and acknowledged?
You would be surprised.
Now pull your thumb out your *** its hard to speak with you if you act this way.

Oh and use your regular account, its annoying when you make alt accounts.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Umm.. Did a peach main who's trying to ban MK just say this? Get *****?
Um, what?
I never said I want MK banned because I have trouble with him.

You failed to respond to anything in my post, or even note the inherent hypocrisy in your position on the Dedede infinite when compared to your position on the MK ban ("it's unfair to DK and other characters!" vs "nobody cares about bad characters with bad matchups").

Concession accepted, GGs.

He's not trying to get Mk banned just because he mains Peach, stop being a ****ing prick. He totally shot down your point and you bring up his main as if that makes any ****ing sense?

Shut your ****ing mouth.
Thank you for noticing XD <3

He's not a new member that just joined, he's an alt account for a banned member, and a bad troll at that.

At least I have the balls to not hide behind another account so that no one knows who it is that was reprimanded for inane arguments.

I'm not hiding, I keep getting banned. My name is dmbrandon. And I'm better than you.

You would be surprised.
Now pull your thumb out your *** its hard to speak with you if you act this way.
Umm, what would my thumbs being in my *** prevent you from in a converation, outside of sucking on them/giving me a prostate exam.

Um, what?
I never said I want MK banned because I have trouble with him.

You failed to respond to anything in my post, or even note the inherent hypocrisy in your position on the Dedede infinite when compared to your position on the MK ban ("it's unfair to DK and other characters!" vs "nobody cares about bad characters with bad matchups").

Concession accepted, GGs.
All you say is how MK can't be beaten. It's a ridiculous concept, and people with mains outside of the top ten have no viable say in competitive debates. You're not playing to win, therefore, you're invalid.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
All you say is how MK can't be beaten. It's a ridiculous concept, and people with mains outside of the top ten have no viable say in competitive debates. You're not playing to win, therefore, you're invalid.
...I say MK can't be beaten? Where? :confused: Please provide a quote. I believe I've only stated that MK cannot be COUNTERPICKED.

This is what, the third? fourth? time you've tried to change the intent of my argument, then attacked the fake intent.

You're a walking Straw Man Fallacy.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
...I say MK can't be beaten? Where? :confused: Please provide a quote. I believe I've only stated that MK cannot be COUNTERPICKED.

This is what, the third? fourth? time you've tried to change the intent of my argument, then attacked the fake intent.

Don't tale what he says seriously.

He just random troll

wutwut

So what if can't be counter picked... How is that broken?

You can't counter pick Shiek in Melee, either. Or Yun in SF3. Or Sagat in sf4.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Should MK be banned? Ugh I'm an MK main so I want to say no...

All I know is that he is completely dominant and is continuing to be dominant. He's gonna be banned eventually, whether now, or later.

But, eh, I play Brawl+, too, so this should effect me much.

All I know is I'm gonna be playing and training my Kirby and Olimar a lot more now...

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Genesis is a more valid time for Pro bans to attempt a feat like this. Not now. Try all you want but the SBR will have no real reason to ban, because this thread was started because of whobo. And those results were unvalid to begin with.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I'm not hiding, I keep getting banned. My name is dmbrandon. And I'm better than you.
I know you are dmbrandon. You used how many alt accounts now?
its still easy to spot you with that terrible attitude of yours.

And who cares if you are better than me in terms of skill?
You're inferior to me in terms of biology.

Umm, what would my thumbs being in my *** prevent you from in a conversation, outside of sucking on them/giving me a prostate exam.
If you missed the obvious point of it then well... I think it says enough.

@darxmarth: And could you explain the reasoning as to why its invalid?
Primarily because several other notable smashers brought up how similar results are being seen in other medium-large scale tournies.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Says the one making 100 accounts to troll a meta ban thread. nOh and guess who your main is. And don't give me that superknight crap. Cause without meta, there is no superknight.

And what is the point of being a **** in this thread?
I'd say that there's a 53% chance that he's doing it for the lulz.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Get back on topic please. He is gone for now.

Whobo results aren't viable right now.

Either the Sbr should ban him or go home.

BUt who is to say that Genisis will be viable? And what about the fact that HOBO is considering strongly banning MK for themselves?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Get back on topic please. He is gone for now.

Whobo results aren't viable right now.

Either the Sbr should ban him or go home.

BUt who is to say that Genisis will be viable? And what about the fact that HOBO is considering strongly banning MK for themselves?

My results arent viable? your a ******.

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
Wow, 3 2 unreachable pages.

Meta Knight is so good he even broke this thread. :/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
And what about the fact that HOBO is considering strongly banning MK for themselves?
I thought we acknowledged that HOBO 16 is banning MK just for the hell of it, and that it wasn't going to be a continuing trend?

I'm pretty sure we said that several hundred pages back...

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Wow, 3 2 unreachable pages.

Meta Knight is so good he even broke this thread. :/
ROFL so true.

I noticed all of the posts from dmbrandon's previous alt are missing. Maybe when a mod deleted all the posts, the thread didn't reduce the page count, and thus there's two phantom pages made up of all of dmbrandon's missing posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom